AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she was staying in one of her mother's real estate listings, the Board of Realtors should be investigating.

Personally, I think that everyone wants this to go away. Especially her parents. There is a fine line in these types of cases. Too much zealous police work on the obvious hoax, continues to take time away from actual crimes.

And her parents were not part of this hoax, as far as we know, so why should her mother be investigated for the actions of her daughter?

I think she should take a long break somewhere, not unlike Holly Courtier, who was "lost" at Zions National Park. Holly's family hustled her to "mental health treatment" fast.

The problem here, is that Carlee still appeared to be tone deaf about her actions, and consequences of her behavior on others. She continues to move forward. At least she hasn't taken a card from Jussie Smollett, who has continued to double down that he is innocent.

Personally, I think that everyone wants this to go away. Especially her parents. There is a fine line in these types of cases. Too much zealous police work on the obvious hoax, continues to take time away from actual crimes.

And her parents were not part of this hoax, as far as we know, so why should her mother be investigated for the actions of her daughter?

I think she should take a long break somewhere, not unlike Holly Courtier, who was "lost" at Zions National Park. Holly's family hustled her to "mental health treatment" fast.

The problem here, is that Carlee still appeared to be tone deaf about her actions, and consequences of her behavior on others. She continues to move forward. At least she hasn't taken a card from Jussie Smollett, who has continued to double down that he is innocent.
I imagine everyone who commits a crime and gets caught, would like it just to go away.
And not everyone has family to whisk them away to mental health treatment, although most committing crimes would appreciate that as well.

Last edited:

IMO the reason this keeps coming up isn’t to suggest mother was knowingly involved. Realtors are to keep lock box codes 100% confidential, and if CR was in an empty listing, no matter how she got the lock box code, security wasn’t maintained. A person whose house is for sale needs to know it’s secure, other realtors need to know it’s safe and secure to enter, alone, or with a client. It’s not a hypothetical exercise, the SA and murder of realtors or attacks in empty houses is a large part of why the system came to be more robust. MO, but the longer people speculate about this, the less confident a home seller/buyer in the area could become.

IMO the reason this keeps coming up isn’t to suggest mother was knowingly involved. Realtors are to keep lock box codes 100% confidential, and if CR was in an empty listing, no matter how she got the lock box code, security wasn’t maintained. A person whose house is for sale needs to know it’s secure, other realtors need to know it’s safe and secure to enter, alone, or with a client. It’s not a hypothetical exercise, the SA and murder of realtors or attacks in empty houses is a large part of why the system came to be more robust. MO, but the longer people speculate about this, the less confident a home seller/buyer in the area could become.
Well said.

I wasn't implying that all students need loans or grants for in-state tuition. My grandmother died and left me money to use for college so I didn't have any student loans. The OP asked specifically if someone stopped attending school would they need to start paying their student loans back and that CR was up to her eyeballs in student debt.
How long ago did Carlee finish university? There is a six-month grace period for paying back loans.

That could be a catch 22. People are speculating bc CR won't tell LE. But if she did stay in one of her Mom's listings, that wouldn't do much for sellers or buyers either, would it? MOO

How long ago did Carlee finish university? There is a six-month grace period for paying back loans.

Also, this is a one time 6 month grace period. Say you take a year off school, after 6 months those loans go into repayment. If you then go back to school, the loans are deferred as long as you attend at least half time, but if you stop going again then they immediately go into repayment. You do not get another 6 month grace period.

That could be a catch 22. People are speculating bc CR won't tell LE. But if she did stay in one of her Mom's listings, that wouldn't do much for sellers or buyers either, would it? MOO
@"GoBuckeyes
Sorry to be dense about this phrasing:
"....that wouldn't do much for sellers or buyers either, would it?"
Meaning what?
If CR stayed in one of her Mother's R/E listings, ppl would think negatively about CR's Mother, AND buyers & sellers would think so too?

Or was post meant to convey something else about buyers & sellers?

Heading to kitchen for more caffeine. TiA.

Could not agree more.

I feel like it's the responsibility of CR, or her mother, or at least LE to reassure the public, under oath, that she was not hiding out in a property that was empty because it was on sale or in process of being set up for selling.

Excellent points!!!!

@"GoBuckeyes
Meaning what?
If CR stayed in one of her Mother's R/E listings, ppl would think negatively about CR's Mother, AND buyers & sellers would think so too?

I was responding to OP"s comment on confidence of sellers and buyers.

I definitely agree that hoax crimes should be considered felonies. With my own opinion, that a hate crime enhancement should be added if the perpetrator blames the crime, deliberately and maliciously against Someone of another race, of being the perpetrator of the fake crime.

Like how Sherry Papini blamed her fake kidnapping on Hispanics. It brings up stereotypes and creates a culture of hate and fear, for no reason at all. Except the ugly bias of the "victim".

In this case, what if LEO had stopped a man, with red hair, driving a truck, because he fit the description of the kidnapper, as told by Carlee Russell? Innocent people have gone to prison based on false testimony.

I definitely agree that hoax crimes should be considered felonies. With my own opinion, that a hate crime enhancement should be added if the perpetrator blames the crime, deliberately and maliciously against Someone of another race, of being the perpetrator of the fake crime.

Like how Sherry Papini blamed her fake kidnapping on Hispanics. It brings up stereotypes and creates a culture of hate and fear, for no reason at all. Except the ugly bias of the "victim".

In this case, what if LEO had stopped a man, with red hair, driving a truck, because he fit the description of the kidnapper, as told by Carlee Russell? Innocent people have gone to prison based on false testimony.
Absolutely true.

There are plenty of US Truckers who fit that description:

4906EEA4-FA2B-4A5D-930E-36C825EC4688.jpeg2E4103D0-9310-4BF8-8630-7985810B31A8.jpeg

@"GoBuckeyes
Meaning what?

Definitely. I had not considered the issue of security and confidentiality breech when and if, CR used her Mother's real estate credentials and pass codes to obtain entry in homes that are secured, supposedly.

That would be worth investigating, especially if those pass codes are legitimately for use by licensed real estate professionals. And CR had obtained that information from her mother, completely disregarding the rules of licensure, using information that is solely to be used by licensed real estate agents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back