Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me.

It isn't disordered thinking in a clinical sense. If it was, then even someone who cheated on a history test would be considered to have disordered thinking. Clinically, disordered thinking means pathological thought patterns that effect thought process and content, such as delusions, paranoia, thought blocking, etc. Planning out schemes doesn't fit with that. In fact, disordered thinking in the context of mental illness is often debilitating enough that the person experiencing it can't premeditate and plan such activity.
So is it just sheer stupidity that causes someone to make decisions like this? What’s your opinion?

Did Sherri Papini also talk about her kidnappers playing with her hair? I know she claimed they gave her coconut shampoo and a shower to wash it, and that they cut it off.

Seems a strange coincidence and I’m curious if there’s some psychology behind the hair stories.

Am I correct in believing that Carlee was working on having some type of social media presence? Did she want to be an influencer? Could her actions be something she thought would help her to get more followers?
I'm sure she had no idea how many followers she would actually get! :oops:
not really.
A teenager-ish twtr account that could have been written by a 9yr old.
Some glamorous photos on her fb but they were mainly 'occasions', nights out and the like.
Not a typical student nurse social media, no blood sweat and tears..
She's thrown it all away because she will never be able to redeem herself sufficiently to ever be considered safe around patients .

My best guess -- they're nice robes. She knew she wasn't coming back. Couldn't resist taking one as a parting gift to herself.

Perhaps some stiff consequences are in order and maybe they'll drop her down a few pegs. The world isn't hers to exploit.

JMO
MOO and I realize this may sound harsh but Carlee appears to be an entitled, spoiled brat. I don't know how someone like this changes for the better but I do believe severe consequences need to be part of the equation.

I finally watched the interview of her parents. I think her mom knew the abduction story was b.s.
Because the interviewer was trying to get this emotional reaction from her, about the moment she saw her precious daughter alive again. But instead, the reaction seemed stilted and then immediately trying to paint a picture (IMO), not of her relief, but of how destroyed her daughter was and how she couldn’t get near her because she had to stand back as the “medical professionals” needed to “work with her”. (Which isn’t possible because why would they be there the moment Caylee walked through the door?)

IMO the mom seemed guarded and super defensive and trying to shore up a story that I believe she knew deep down (at that point) was false.

I’m wondering if this isn’t the first huge lie Carlee has told.

I finally watched the interview of her parents. I think her mom knew the abduction story was b.s.
Because the interviewer was trying to get this emotional reaction from her, about the moment she saw her precious daughter alive again. But instead, the reaction seemed stilted and then immediately trying to paint a picture (IMO), not of her relief, but of how destroyed her daughter was and how she couldn’t get near her because she had to stand back as the “medical professionals” needed to “work with her”. (Which isn’t possible because why would they be there the moment Caylee walked through the door?)

IMO the mom seemed guarded and super defensive and trying to shore up a story that I believe she knew deep down (at that point) was false.

I’m wondering if this isn’t the first huge lie Carlee has told.
Yep, and her dad's eyes were downcast most of the interview. I saw shame and an inability to lie on his face.

So is it just sheer stupidity that causes someone to make decisions like this? What’s your opinion?

It can be a number of things, including stupidity. It can also be a desire for attention, a desire to get someone back for something they did, a desire to hide something (such as a trip they don't want people to know about), a desire to distract from something else, a desire to start her life over without her loved ones, etc, etc. There are endless motivations that could make someone do this, but most people think about the consequences (committing a crime, stirring people into a frenzy, heartbreak for family, wasting resources to name a few) and don't do it for those reasons. Carlee, unfortunately, didn't think or care about the consequences, IMO.

I feel sure she will bounce back and become a social media influencer of some sorts.
That is exactly the goal for this gal, imo, to do something publicly spectacular in order to ensure she gets the attention she ''deserves''.
Bet she was hoping some big star would learn of her ''plight'', maybe even invite her to a show and she would be followed on IG by the Kardashians and Beyonce and hordes of fans and and and....
imo, speculation.

People keep bringing up the phrase "throwing it all away" in regards to her nursing career. Does anyone really think she actually wanted to be a nurse? I mean beyond the white coat photo ops.. Nursing is hard work..long hours, super stressful working conditions, responsibility for people's lives, dealing with infection, wounds, disease, death, trauma and pain..Is there anything in her personality that suggests she would even have a desire to work in that environment? Maybe she somehow had a more glamorous/unrealistic idea of the nursing field, until she started clinicals..moo.

MOO and I realize this may sound harsh but Carlee appears to be an entitled, spoiled brat. I don't know how someone like this changes for the better but I do believe severe consequences need to be part of the equation.

I have to say I am getting more po'd because she won't talk to the police- this wonderful police department that pulled out all the stops because they initially believed her woeful BS story--- It is so obvious that if she was telling even a semblance of the truth she would want to tell the police everything so they COULD CATCH THOSE ABDUCTORS
(rolling eyes)- thankfully she will soon vanish from the headlines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7