Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Add to that the time spent workng in clinicals....

Editing to add: In nursing school, we never wore those crisp white coats to class or in clinicals. We wore a uniform approved by the facility we were working in that clearly identified us as "Student Nurse". In my case it was a white scrub top with blue scrub pants.
You were lucky.
Ours were white cotton uniforms with white veils, white shoes and white everything and all had to be freshly laundered after every shift. While off duty.

I did believe Carlee was missing at first, and felt worried for her and her family.

But very quickly, things did not add up. Then the traffic cam came out and it didn’t make sense with her story.

A badly crafted narrative has fallen apart in the face of the facts.

I feel for her parents. Imo it’s entirely possible that they completely believed her.

My own child lied about some things as an adult, and I believed her because she was my child and it didn’t occur to me that she was lying, for her own reasons.

That is a very, very difficult thing to endure. I had to face facts when they became glaring and I imagine her parents are in the same situation now. However, since they are in the public eye, (something which I suspect Carlee did not intend), they may well choose to avoid answering or choose to say they still believe her.

I do think that she stole and filed a false report, so maybe the law will come for her.

IMO the google searches that LE won’t reveal, out of respect for Carlee’s privacy, are the answer to the “why“ of it all.

JMO

ETA: thanks, @CamilleBSP, I edited to fix.

Maybe I am just jaded, but I felt that her story was off from the start. My hinky meter was pinging.

I refrained from posting until the lies were revealed.

Apparently, she has a very large, extended family, who showed up at the Red Roof Inn, when she was found by LEO, in several cars.

How would the family manage this drama? Ignore it? I don't think so. There is always one person who will want to drag this up, every family gathering.

The taking of the nude photos is an interesting detail. Perhaps she had fears that similar photos (taken previously) were going to surface online, and she was getting ahead of the story. Moo

This link by NBC News shows the incriminating searches by CR were on Thursday, the same day she disappeared. Seems a very impulsive act! Grandmother always cautioned us not to make life-changing decisions without first sleeping on them!

Derzis also said investigators, with the help of the Secret Service, analyzed Russell’s cellphone for the days leading up to her disappearance and the day she vanished. Some of the internet searches included:

• On July 11, a search for "if you have to pay for an Amber Alert."
  • On Thursday, a search about a one-way bus ticket from Birmingham to Nashville, Tennessee.
  • On Thursday, a search for how to take money from a register without getting caught.
  • On Thursday, a search for the movie “Taken,” a film about abduction starring Liam Neeson.
“I do think it’s highly unusual ... on the day someone gets kidnapped ... that they’re searching the internet, Googling the movie 'Taken,' about an abduction. I find that very strange," Derzis said Wednesday.

Russell disappeared after she called 911 just after 9:30 p.m. Thursday to report having seen a toddler on Interstate 459 South, Hoover police said. She had also called a relative to report having seen the child and said she was going to help the child before the relative lost contact with her, police said.

^^bbm

Respectfully, we know from earlier MSM and the PD press conference on Wednesday that Carlee was taken to hospital for evaluation and released. Nowhere has it been reported that she refused a full examination and/or rape kit. At least nowhere that OP can link on WS, and where posting rumors as fact violates TOS.
Good point, I can't confirm how long Carlee was at the hospital or what health issues were addressed at that time.
I can't go back to edit my post, but I appreciate you pointing this out.

Apparently, she has a very large, extended family, who showed up at the Red Roof Inn, when she was found by LEO, in several cars.

How would the family manage this drama? Ignore it? I don't think so. There is always one person who will want to drag this up, every family gathering.
She wasn’t found by the police.
She returned home walking, then her family called the police and said she was back home.

The Alabama woman who went missing for two days last week searched online for information about Amber Alerts, local bus tickets and the abduction-based action movie Taken before her disappearance, police say.

The insight was one of many details authorities shared during a Wednesday afternoon press conference where they provided the fullest account yet of what occurred in the puzzling incident that's grabbed national attention.

Carlee Russell, a 25-year-old nursing student, disappeared on Thursday after calling 911 and her brother's girlfriend to report seeing a toddler wandering along the side of the road.

Reports last week of a Hoover woman who reported seeing a child in a diaper unattended on the side of I-459, who then stopped her car on the shoulder to check on the child, then disappeared for days, stoked fears of human trafficking and child endangerment that have run rampant on social media.

The case made national news and left Hoover residents and others worried about their safety. Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis released more details on the case Wednesday and tried to put peoples’ minds at ease, saying there was no danger to public safety.

Carolyn Potter, CEO of The Well House, a Christian home in Odenville for women and children that has helped victims of human trafficking the past 13 years, said what Carlee Russell reported is far out of the norm of real trafficking cases.

Sensationalist case, baby on the highway, 911 call then screams, accomplished person, training to be a nurse, Good family, the red mercedes, plus she is beautiful!
if the response is due to its being a viral case
that doesnt look so good

Add to that the time spent workng in clinicals....

Editing to add: In nursing school, we never wore those crisp white coats to class or in clinicals. We wore a uniform approved by the facility we were working in that clearly identified us as "Student Nurse". In my case it was a white scrub top with blue scrub pants.
You can see in some of the photos online that her scrub colors are gray. Her school's clinical nurse scrubs are gray. She's wearing a white lab coat in one of her pics over them with her name embroidered. My daughter wore a lab coat over her scrubs when she was in nursing school. I think it depends on the school and what hospital your clinicals are. Seems like she was on the later part of her schooling. Such a shame to probably have thrown it away. Police provide new details about disappearance

You were lucky.
Ours were white cotton uniforms with white veils, white shoes and white everything and all had to be freshly laundered after every shift. While off duty.
OH LAWD JESUS NOOOOOO. Bless you for going through all that. I hated the Gumby colored scrubs my school made me wear but I have to reminds myself it could have been so much worse

You can see in some of the photos online that her scrub colors are gray. Her school's clinical nurse scrubs are gray. She's wearing a white lab coat in one of her pics over them with her name embroidered. My daughter wore a lab coat over her scrubs when she was in nursing school. I think it depends on the school and what hospital your clinicals are. Seems like she was on the later part of her schooling. Such a shame to probably have thrown it away. Police provide new details about disappearance
It's not necessarily a hard no, it depends on the program. Her current school would say no, unsure about others, especially for profit ones, or ones further out from her. Just depends. I do agree that she needs a lot of help before even thinking about school, especially anything in allied health.

I don't see how someone in Nursing school has the time to work at a SPA as well as spend soooooooo much time on social media. Or have much of a social life. I have a family member in Nursing school and she is slammed with the study requirements and stress to keep the grades that are required. She has zero time for anything else.
Do we know she’s really in nursing school? Or really has a BA in Psychology?
Ok… maybe her parents went to her graduation for the
latter. Are there any graduation photos on her SM ?

My question is more narrow. Yes. We know there are various motivations behind things like this. It’s the decisions as to how to put the plans into place that I’m questioning. That’s what I guess makes some of suggest “disordered thinking” whether or not we fully understand the term.

What stands out to me is the sheer lack of logic. The improbability of getting away with what she tried to do. The risk of making up a story while on the phone to cops on the highway, pretending she’s looking at a child, when LE could pull up behind her at any moment. All of those things aren’t about what motivated her to create a story. It’s about the weirdness of her decision-making regarding that story. It’s so weird that it seems pathological to many of us non-professional folks.
I’m late to this story, but agree this made no sense from the get go. I listened to the 911 call. If you saw a “toddler” (she said about 3 or 4) walking alone on the side of a highway wearing diapers, but you didn’t get out of the car and/or go to get the child, is that conceivable? No. Because a child could dart out into traffic. Of course you’d go to the child to at least keep him safe away from traffic, if not to get him into your car while waiting for LE. And the 911 operator said to keep an eye on him? Really? Just keep an eye out? Don’t preclude him from being able to get hit by a car? Nuts!!

I just assume CR is a disturbed young woman. I hope she gets needed help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme