Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^rsbm

Except for narcissists or those with traits do not tend to think logically! I really don't doubt that if police pulled up behind CR while she was reporting the toddler on the Interstate, she would have easily explained her sighting and the call to 911 to the officer-- 'I must be over-tired,' 'Driving without my eyeglasses,' etc., and all the while, CR being very, very, appreciative of the quick response by LE that showed her the reflection she thought was a child was false. I'm reminded of the statement by another police department (before deleting) about CR visiting the precinct that was saccharine-sweet with its praise of her.

ETA: I just read the visit to Harpersville PD was on Thursday -- the day she disappeared.

The statement by Harpersville PD was deleted from its fb/social media but the statement is still available in MSM. Also, Jefferson State Community College's fb post from last Friday still stands. I think this confirms CR is a student at JSCC but interesting that the Harperville statement talks of CR's drive to become a nursing student rather than becoming a nurse. Perhaps CR re-applying for the program? JMO

The day she disappeared, Russell went to Harpersville, where officials say she briefly interacted with members of the city's police department.

"We were honored to spend time with this smart, courteous and honoring young woman yesterday. She was handling some business in the Town of Harpersville yesterday and we were so impressed by her respect, poise, good attitude and her drive to become a nursing student and help others," the Harpersville Police Department wrote on Facebook. "When this news broke, so did our hearts. This world needs many, many more young women and young men like her."

AL.com reports that Russell is a student at Jefferson State Community College and is studying to be a registered nurse.

Jefferson State wrote on Facebook that it was "praying for her safe return" and that they were "extremely concerned" for her safety.

I find it so weird that she visited a police station the day she pulled this scheme off! I am having a hard time understanding what she was doing that day and what lead to this fiasco.

I find it so weird that she visited a police station the day she pulled this scheme off! I am having a hard time understanding what she was doing that day and what lead to this fiasco.
Complete speculation, but maybe she’s very accustomed to having people bend over backwards for her, and she showed her best self to LE that day, knowing that she would involve them later.
Perhaps as she’d be fresh in their minds as the wonderful woman they’d just met, and thus more inclined to believe her from the outset?

This is not what I truly believe as LE would have helped anyone in her alleged situation, but maybe she was trying to grease the wheels by meeting them earlier in the day of her hoax plan.

Here is information on the 2-year program at Jefferson State Community College. I don't know where she was in her pursuit of her degree.

I do know that I read a 2020 FB post (now deleted) where CR stated that she had been accepted into the nursing program at UAB and encouraged everyone to never give up on their dreams.

She also had that photo of her with the white jacket on the stairs and another one wearing the gray scrubs. Somebody noted that those were not the color of the scrubs worn at the UAB Nursing Program.

JMO.
IMO, I think she was probably accepted in 2020 to UAB program but perhaps was unable to maintain the baccalaureate requirements to stay in the program.

I looked up the JSCC program earlier which only requires 2.0 GPA and fairly low entrance exam test scores. That said, JSCC actually has a high pass rate for the state nursing exam per stats by ABN (esp compared to Auburn Univ- Montgomery where CR earned her Psychology degree).

Last edited:
Indeed! But it probably didn't hurt when they were quick to give such a glowing report of her personally after she briefly interacted with members of the PD.

IMO, I think she was probably accepted in 2020 to UAB program but perhaps was unable to maintain the baccalaureate requirements to stay in the program.

I looked up the JSCC program earlier which only requires 2.0 GPA and fairly low entrance exam test scores. That said, JSCC actually has a high pass rate for the state nursing exam per stats by ABN (esp compared to Auburn Univ- Montgomery where CR earned her Psychology degree).

Well just know that those minimums don't really mean anything except getting an overwhelming number of applications. As Director of my program, my GPA requirement was 2.5 but I seldom accepted anyone below 3.7 because I had ample amounts of far better qualified candidates to choose from.

I’ve always thought it a bit odd that Harpersville PD would make such a glowing statement about someone they had apparently only had brief contact with, based entirely on a first impression. But maybe it’s just me.

Last edited:
The statement by Harpersville PD was deleted from its fb/social media but the statement is still available in MSM. Also, Jefferson State Community College's fb post from last Friday still stands. I think this confirms CR is a student at JSCC but interesting that the Harperville statement talks of CR's drive to become a nursing student rather than becoming a nurse. Perhaps CR re-applying for the program? JMO

The day she disappeared, Russell went to Harpersville, where officials say she briefly interacted with members of the city's police department.

"We were honored to spend time with this smart, courteous and honoring young woman yesterday. She was handling some business in the Town of Harpersville yesterday and we were so impressed by her respect, poise, good attitude and her drive to become a nursing student and help others," the Harpersville Police Department wrote on Facebook. "When this news broke, so did our hearts. This world needs many, many more young women and young men like her."

AL.com reports that Russell is a student at Jefferson State Community College and is studying to be a registered nurse.

Jefferson State wrote on Facebook that it was "praying for her safe return" and that they were "extremely concerned" for her safety.

My guess is that she needed to take prerequisite classes, obtain a certain GPA, and apply to become a nursing student.

That is my take from the statement “her drive to become a nursing student.”

MOO

"We were honored to spend time with this smart, courteous and honoring young woman yesterday..."

What does "honoring" mean in this context? I've never heard that term before. It kinda sounds like she was sucking up to the police there. Was she maybe there to pay a ticket and regaled them with all of knowledge and hard work to get out of a ticket...maybe?

Last edited:
I have been following this case and something occurred to me that I hope LE sees here.

The highway film footage shows on camera that she pulled over and and then when the police showed up about five minutes later she was gone.

What occurred to me is that if she preplanned this, she had to find a location to pull over on that allowed her a route to escape hidden from the highway. If drivers could see her walking it would ruin her plan.

So I wonder if they look at old footage of the same location, (she was right next to that sign that indicates a rest station or something coming up) she would have done a trial run just to make sure she could run into the trees and find an escape route.

If they look at footage from the week prior right at that same location they might see her pull over to check it out ahead of time.

I have been following this case and something occurred to me that I hope LE sees here.

The highway film footage shows on camera that she pulled over and and then when the police showed up about five minutes later she was gone.

What occurred to me is that if she preplanned this, she had to find a location to pull over on that allowed her a route to escape hidden from the highway. If drivers could see her walking it would ruin her plan.

So I wonder if they look at old footage of the same location, (she was right next to that sign that indicates a rest station or something coming up) she would have done a trial run just to make sure she could run into the trees and find an escape route.

If they look at footage from the week prior right at that same location they might see her pull over to check it out ahead of time.
Yes! I mentioned in a previous post, that I wondered if she’d done a practice run. I think they should check out the old footage if they haven’t already . Jmo

Yes! I mentioned in a previous post, that I wondered if she’d done a practice run. I think they should check out the old footage if they haven’t already . Jmo
Great minds! LOL It's also really interesting to me how clear the footage is. I very much doubt she would have anticipated it. Once that footage started showing up on the news she knew it was just a matter of time. So that's why she went home. IMO

I bet if they align the dates she was looking up the Amber Alert with the footage, and knowing her schedule it should be easy to narrow down. I bet they will find footage of her pulling over and walking into the trees to check it out.

You can see in some of the photos online that her scrub colors are gray. Her school's clinical nurse scrubs are gray. She's wearing a white lab coat in one of her pics over them with her name embroidered. My daughter wore a lab coat over her scrubs when she was in nursing school. I think it depends on the school and what hospital your clinicals are. Seems like she was on the later part of her schooling. Such a shame to probably have thrown it away. Police provide new details about disappearance
I teach CPR classes at some of our area nursing schools, dental schools, and medical assistant schools. All of the students in the programs and schools are required to wear scrubs with the school name embroidered on the scrub shirts and lab coats.

I am not sure if that is the case everywhere but I have trained classes in approximately a dozen different states and that has always been the practice.

I would call people who cheated on a math test or the college bribery parents, entitled and dishonest. But there’s a difference to me between someone who tries to cheat using sneaky looks at their smart phone, and those who try to cheat by having a paper with the answers, in plain sight. It’s not the immorality or criminality that makes me look to pathology to help me understand. It’s the methods.

So again, I’m not talking about motivation. I’m talking about methodology. That’s what is so bizarre that many of us think there must be something more than just immorality at play.

But I get your point. I’m not an expert and I can see how it could be dangerous to link criminal behavior with mental health without an expert finding signs of that.
I’m wondering if it’s a combo of things—pure, frantic desperation (boyfriend issues, school issues) along with growing up in an era of SM & reality TV narcissism. Possibly not feeling like she’s living up to her family’s picture of her. IDK, just guessing. But I just wonder if she really did have a “breaking point” and in today’s world somehow this made sense to her.
I don’t think she really wanted to run away and start over or anything. She didn’t do that. I’m guessing something with the boyfriend set this off. I’d guess she was DESPERATE to make him see that he could have lost her. To pull him back in. It doesn’t make sense to people thinking rationally, but fear and panic (of losing someone) can really cloud rational thinking. All just MOO! And just guessing.

Last edited:
I have to say I am getting more po'd because she won't talk to the police- this wonderful police department that pulled out all the stops because they initially believed her woeful BS story--- It is so obvious that if she was telling even a semblance of the truth she would want to tell the police everything so they COULD CATCH THOSE ABDUCTORS
(rolling eyes)- thankfully she will soon vanish from the headlines!
I resent that she made herself famous. With this.

It's just so wrong. On. Every. Single. Level.

We've heard of eye-level. Her lie level is sky high. Or should I say hell low?

So many wasted resources, so much wasted sympathy, so much needless drama.

I hope there are charges -- and conditions, starting with No Profiting From This.

And ending with limited jail time in exchange for about a million hours of community service AND a forfeiture of all social media for a period of 3-5 years, and if she's found in violation, a return to jail to fulfill her sentence.

This wasn't funny.

JMO

Based on her google searches, she probably walked in and said “hello, I’ll take one amber alert please. Do you accept sock money?”

This is a great thought. Chad Isaac killed 4 people in ND and video busted him doing recon before the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow