Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The statement by Harpersville PD was deleted from its fb/social media but the statement is still available in MSM. Also, Jefferson State Community College's fb post from last Friday still stands. I think this confirms CR is a student at JSCC but interesting that the Harperville statement talks of CR's drive to become a nursing student rather than becoming a nurse. Perhaps CR re-applying for the program? JMO

The day she disappeared, Russell went to Harpersville, where officials say she briefly interacted with members of the city's police department.

"We were honored to spend time with this smart, courteous and honoring young woman yesterday. She was handling some business in the Town of Harpersville yesterday and we were so impressed by her respect, poise, good attitude and her drive to become a nursing student and help others," the Harpersville Police Department wrote on Facebook. "When this news broke, so did our hearts. This world needs many, many more young women and young men like her."

AL.com reports that Russell is a student at Jefferson State Community College and is studying to be a registered nurse.

Jefferson State wrote on Facebook that it was "praying for her safe return" and that they were "extremely concerned" for her safety.
Wow, thank you for sharing.

This was as close as I could get to I-459 and The Red Roof Inn. I'm not sure where the mile 11 marker is, but just a random search shows there are two different ways to get there that would take about an hour and a half walking. (Let's just say 2 hours if someone is trying to be discreet.) I'm also curious about the wig being left behind. That just always struck me as a weird detail. But I wonder if she wore a disguise as part of her plan. I'd be curious for information for anyone wholives down by there. Is there a better shortcut for her getting to the hotel. For some reason I think she did this all on her own without an accomplice. They are going to find more security footage of her walking if they can figure out the way she walked.

I also think her phone call from the RRI is a clue. I have a feeling that once she saw this blowing up on the news she actually called her parents to confess. But when she saw how freaked out they were it shocked her so she didn't confess. Just got off the phone and headed home panicking and coming up with a story the whole way home.

Like I said, I honestly feel bad for her. I can see her thinking she's coming up with the perfect crime. Down to her details of leaving her Apple watch in the car and even picking up dinner for her and her mother knowing that mom would say "She was heading home with dinner for us!"

All of it to unravel in a day. Edit to update photo. Different directions but still around 2 hours.

Attachments

• inn2.jpg
    inn2.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The statement by Harpersville PD was deleted from its fb/social media but the statement is still available in MSM. Also, Jefferson State Community College's fb post from last Friday still stands. I think this confirms CR is a student at JSCC but interesting that the Harperville statement talks of CR's drive to become a nursing student rather than becoming a nurse. Perhaps CR re-applying for the program? JMO

The day she disappeared, Russell went to Harpersville, where officials say she briefly interacted with members of the city's police department.

"We were honored to spend time with this smart, courteous and honoring young woman yesterday. She was handling some business in the Town of Harpersville yesterday and we were so impressed by her respect, poise, good attitude and her drive to become a nursing student and help others," the Harpersville Police Department wrote on Facebook. "When this news broke, so did our hearts. This world needs many, many more young women and young men like her."

AL.com reports that Russell is a student at Jefferson State Community College and is studying to be a registered nurse.

Jefferson State wrote on Facebook that it was "praying for her safe return" and that they were "extremely concerned" for her safety.
So, she just dropped into the PD to chat them up? Like they have time for all that? and then they give her all those good props? Must be a very small town.

She is a Princess.
Yeah...It's like her family is now saying, "Oh, never mind." She herself is saying, "Move on. Don't you have more important things to do? I'm home now." Seriously, it seems that is how these people think. Like there should be no consequences, whatsoever.

I'm sure her (ex) boyfriend feels like a real idiot for going to bat for her and saying that she fought for her life!! Wow. Many of us figured it out. I guess that love is blind...until those pesky facts get in the way.

JMO.

This was as close as I could get to I-459 and The Red Roof Inn. I'm not sure where the mile 11 marker is, but just a random search shows there are two different ways to get there that would take about an hour and a half walking. (Let's just say 2 hours if someone is trying to be discreet.) I'm also curious about the wig being left behind. That just always struck me as a weird detail. But I wonder if she wore a disguise as part of her plan. I'd be curious for information for anyone wholives down by there. Is there a better shortcut for her getting to the hotel. For some reason I think she did this all on her own without an accomplice. They are going to find more security footage of her walking if they can figure out the way she walked.

I also think her phone call from the RRI is a clue. I have a feeling that once she saw this blowing up on the news she actually called her parents to confess. But when she saw how freaked out they were it shocked her so she didn't confess. Just got off the phone and headed home panicking and coming up with a story the whole way home.

Like I said, I honestly feel bad for her. I can see her thinking she's coming up with the perfect crime. Down to her details of leaving her Apple watch in the car and even picking up dinner for her and her mother knowing that mom would say "She was heading home with dinner for us!"

All of it to unravel in a day.
Just a hot mess all around for her and everyone else.

Yeah...It's like her family is now saying, "Oh, never mind." She herself is saying, "Move on. Don't you have more important things to do? I'm home now." Seriously, it seems that is how these people think. Like there should be no consequences, whatsoever.

I'm sure her (ex) boyfriend feels like a real idiot for going to bat for her and saying that she fought for her life!! Wow. Many of us figured it out. I guess that love is blind...until those pesky facts get in the way.

JMO.
The boyfriend that was cheating on her?

I would call people who cheated on a math test or the college bribery parents, entitled and dishonest. But there’s a difference to me between someone who tries to cheat using sneaky looks at their smart phone, and those who try to cheat by having a paper with the answers, in plain sight. It’s not the immorality or criminality that makes me look to pathology to help me understand. It’s the methods.

So again, I’m not talking about motivation. I’m talking about methodology. That’s what is so bizarre that many of us think there must be something more than just immorality at play.

But I get your point. I’m not an expert and I can see how it could be dangerous to link criminal behavior with mental health without an expert finding signs of that.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But people are weird sometimes. It could turn out there were delusions at play or something. But if the facts as we know them are all accurate with nothing more, what would I treat? There's no pill to help make someone a better liar or make someone learn that you likely won't see a baby sprinting down the highway in diapers or that if you plan to fake an abduction, don't google how to do it.

I do think therapy would be appropriate for her so she explore why she felt the need to do this. Clearly something was lacking in her life and it's important for her to identify what that is and learn better coping skills. But if this was all made up, I'm not convinced she has a diagnosable illness.

The boyfriend that was cheating on her?
Yeah, that's the one! He came to her rescue. I think that he's one of the reasons that she pulled this stunt. Another reason may be that Jeff State has a graduation coming up that she is "supposed" to be in. I wish that someone could figure it out. I am going to see if they have a graduating class soon.

JMO.

Fixing to turn 26, so now on the upside of near 30! She will still be living Mom and Dad.

I feel sorry for a lot of young college students who have had to deal with Covid and lack of work opportunities for years and then we "get back to normal" not realizing how much this messed up their world. They literally lost years of time doing things that many of us older folks just took for granted. And on top of the the BLM movement came out then as well which really piled on a lot of racial stress. So I'm a bit kinder with people of that age range. I work with many of them and they are incredibly hard working people. The only reason they seem like PRINCESSES IMO is because of the added pressure of social media. We didn't have that back when I was that age. The difference is a huge pressure.

Yeah, that's the one! He came to her rescue. I think that he's one of the reasons that she pulled this stunt. Another reason may be that Jeff State has a graduation coming up that she is "supposed" to be in. I wish that someone could figure it out. I am going to see if they have a graduating class soon.

JMO.
Holy Moly! She has gone rogue. Netflix will be all over this.

I feel sorry for a lot of young college students who have had to deal with Covid and lack of work opportunities for years and then we "get back to normal" not realizing how much this messed up their world. They literally lost years of time doing things that many of us older folks just took for granted. And on top of the the BLM movement came out then as well which really piled on a lot of racial stress. So I'm a bit kinder with people of that age range. I work with many of them and they are incredibly hard working people. The only reason they seem like PRINCESSES IMO is because of the added pressure of social media. We didn't have that back when I was that age. The difference is a huge pressure.
You have a good insight on this. Thank you. We tend to forget what all they have endured.

All of it to unravel in a day.
See Williamsburg and Rt 31 on your map? She was SW of there on 459. If you Google "Atkins-Trimm Blvd, Hoover, AL 35226" it'll drop you near that mile marker.

The Hoover police press conference mentioned that the red head bald man/unknown woman fed her cheese crackers. wth, I do find this amusing, as she bought cheez-its at Target. As a "nursing student" did she think this was smart to say, as if whem she was "found"..the hospital exam may find the cheese crackers in her stomach?
Also, the use of the word "compression" was quite interesting. So the red head bald man and unknown woman did not want to leave "compression" marks?? This is pretty much a medical term, unless you are in the market for compression hose... I would go out on a limb and say that red headed folks and crying babies in 18 wheelers don't use "compression" in their jargon. Rather, fwiw, use language akin to "make a mark, imprint" etc. Just all my opinion!

I have to say I am getting more po'd because she won't talk to the police- this wonderful police department that pulled out all the stops because they initially believed her woeful BS story--- It is so obvious that if she was telling even a semblance of the truth she would want to tell the police everything so they COULD CATCH THOSE ABDUCTORS
(rolling eyes)- thankfully she will soon vanish from the headlines!

The more she refuses to meet with LE the more she is cementing the view that this whole episode was nothing more than an attempt to illicit a response from someone who cared for her. If she truly did see a child wandering the roadside and really did get kidnapped she would be sitting with LE giving detailed information regarding what they looked like (working with a police artist) what they said, where they took her , how she escaped, how she got home, etc etc etc.

If her mom and dad really care about the blowback she's currently experiencing they should instruct her to meet with LE, admit her culpability and ask for a psych evaluation. The more she prevaricates the worse the negative outcome. As it is, I believe the least of her problems is the cost associated with her tall tale. Filing a false police report could see her with a criminal record and a blow to any future job opportunities she may be interested in. As it is now, she's kryptonite.

See Williamsburg and Rt 31 on your map? She was SW of there on 459. If you Google "Atkins-Trimm Blvd, Hoover, AL 35226" it'll drop you near that mile marker.
Thank you so much. I updated the map.
This is totally walkable. I think they are going to be using doorbell cameras throughtout the neighborhoods to figure out how she walked.

Attachments

• inn2.jpg
    inn2.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 18
The more she refuses to meet with LE the more she is cementing the view that this whole episode was nothing more than an attempt to illicit a response from someone who cared for her. If she truly did see a child wandering the roadside and really did get kidnapped she would be sitting with LE giving detailed information regarding what they looked like (working with a police artist) what they said, where they took her , how she escaped, how she got home, etc etc etc.

If her mom and dad really care about the blowback she's currently experiencing they should instruct her to meet with LE, admit her culpability and ask for a psych evaluation. The more she prevaricates the worse the negative outcome. As it is, I believe the least of her problems is the cost associated with her tall tale. Filing a false police report could see her with a criminal record and a blow to any future job opportunities she may be interested in. As it is now, she's kryptonite.

I don't think I would tell her to speak to LE. They cannot PROVE that she deliberately did this. Both Smolett and Papini got jail time and complete social ruin. If I were lawyer I would tell her to keep her mouth shut and to go into seeking a therapist. If they did pull surveilance footage I would run the angle of eating edibles and having a psychotic break. Much of what she said can be attributed to that.

OMG! Mental illness or some other disorder of the mind seems to have taken over every aspect of this case.
May I ask?
What does it matter in this specific case?
Who really cares but for the verified user?
I am glad experts can debate the merits of said "mental health episode"....I ask, humbly, what does it matter?
If you didn't approach this case with an ounce of skepticism, and immediately jumped to mental health, why?
I just saw some scandalous stuff.
Does the possible mental health of the individual really matter.
I mean....isn't a consequence of this beautiful thing called life some conflict mentally?
And some can have it and process it and STILL do the crazy stuff?
Isn't that a sign that cognitively they operate normally?
Seems like there is an industry to create excuses.
I am out.
Someone else is missing.

I can't remember the poster who posted a link to Carlee's tweets, but these were my exact observations. She complained about her job and her cheating boyfriend. Her last tweet was "wanting a family."

So, it seems like she wanted to be stable, in a relationship with a family, maybe, even being able to quit her job and stay home. It wasn't going to happen with the current beau. That's for sure. I don't know if she thought kidnapping would wake him up to realizing that he lost the best thing ever. However, apparently, those plans fell through, too.

They say, "Thank God for unanswered prayers." Carlee can recover from this, but she needs to take ownership of what she did. The sooner the better.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member