Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. Seems she announced in 2020 she'd been accepted to the UAB nursing program. However, in 2021, she also alleged on a neighborhood childcare site that she just graduated with a nursing degree and had the summer off before starting her Masters in Nursing, and was seeking work as a nanny.

Given the date or 2023, I think most thought she was about to graduate from JSCC pre-licensure studies (i.e., ready to sit for the State Board RN exam).

Wow! Great find. Has the current nursing school confirmed her attendance?

I honestly cannot imagine being a member of her community, who stood and searched for her....only to find that it was all a hoax. Miss Russell will have to face them, and her family will as well. As long as they live there. An apology is over-due, IMO. Let's get to the come clean part, and move on and grow from this self-inflicted nightmare!

MOO and Peace

Thank you so much. I updated the map.
This is totally walkable. I think they are going to be using doorbell cameras throughtout the neighborhoods to figure out how she walked.
No problem! Totally walkable but she doesn't strike me as the walking type. Does anyone here think she had a burner phone? I just can't see someone her age - being - without - a - phone - for more than 10 minutes.

I don't know. I kind of want her to just be able to lay low and it to be overwith. IMO she honestly did NOT thnk it would get this much media attention. IMO it was done for members of her family, not social media clout. It was just the attention seeking behavior of a very overwhelmed woman who thought this would get her sympathy and attention from her family.

I think this because she got off the phone with 911 and immediately got on the phone with her brother's girffriend and that's who she did the fake scream in front of. If she was trying to fool the cops I think she would have stayed on the phone with 911 and faked the scream. IMO she only called 911 to back up her story to her parents. She also ended it really quickly. She was only gone 2 days. I think she was shocked that it blew up in the news. And then she was completely confused about what to do. So she came up with the escape story but she ended it quickly when she saw the media attention and the resources being spent. Unlike Papini who kept it going for weeks.

Also, notice who she implicated. A balding red headed man. A "woman she never saw." She didn't describe something vague that could wind up dragging it out or getting people in trouble. She made sure she said she never described "the woman" and a balding redhead is a very unusual description which since she knows is fake, she knows will not likely have someone falsely accused.

If I was her lawyer I would tell her to keep her mouth shut and go seek a therapist. Many people thought she had a bad drug trip or something. They cannot PROVE she deliberately did this (unless they find that footage I reccommended.) I actually feel bad for her. And she did do some things that indicate to me she was just trying to do a little drama for her family, not the entire country.
I understand what you’re saying and agree up to a point.
But there are in fact men who fit that description (I actually have a cousin who is a trucker, balding, with ginger hair)—and the toddler thing was extremely serious from the perspective of law enforcement.

She’s not 13. She should understand that what she does has consequences for others, and that the world is not her playground.

I don't think I would tell her to speak to LE. They cannot PROVE that she deliberately did this. Both Smolett and Papini got jail time and complete social ruin. If I were lawyer I would tell her to keep her mouth shut and to go into seeking a therapist. If they did pull surveilance footage I would run the angle of eating edibles and having a psychotic break. Much of what she said can be attributed to that.
Did anyone on this thread follow the case of Kiely Rodni? The topic of mushrooms came up frequently on that thread. Did Carlee plan her disappearance but then ingest a drug, mushrooms, or something that led her to hallucinate whose images fed into her story inadvertently? Was she sitting somewhere in the woods contemplating what to do next, ingested mushrooms or some other drug, dreamed about the orange haired man and his female cohort, and then woke to believe it had happened? Or did she really concoct this bizarre-o story. Because it has a creepy surrealistic slant to it. Never did she say they had weapons, threatened her, tied her up, etc. It sounds to me like some drug-induced bizarre dream. Not that I think that was the case, mind you - it did occur to me, though, that that's what it sounds like.

The more she refuses to meet with LE the more she is cementing the view that this whole episode was nothing more than an attempt to illicit a response from someone who cared for her. If she truly did see a child wandering the roadside and really did get kidnapped she would be sitting with LE giving detailed information regarding what they looked like (working with a police artist) what they said, where they took her , how she escaped, how she got home, etc etc etc.

If her mom and dad really care about the blowback she's currently experiencing they should instruct her to meet with LE, admit her culpability and ask for a psych evaluation. The more she prevaricates the worse the negative outcome. As it is, I believe the least of her problems is the cost associated with her tall tale. Filing a false police report could see her with a criminal record and a blow to any future job opportunities she may be interested in. As it is now, she's kryptonite.
Maybe she has an attorney advising her not to speak. I mean, why confess to something you haven’t been charged with and you don’t even know if they will charge you? I bet if she is charged, that’s when we’ll hear her speak up.

I agree. Who knows if she was pretending to go to school and pocketing the money that her parents gave her for classes??

JMO.
I’ve read many cases of adult children doing this, and then either faking their own abduction (I was just reading a month or so ago of a case like this) or in some cases murdering the parents to keep from being found out.

Woman charged with faking her own abduction to hide fact that she dropped out of college, state police say​

Chloe Stein, 23, was found Tuesday night at a residence in Jeannette, Pennsylvania, and eventually confessed to authorities that she made up her disappearance, state police said.

3E3581FE-EBC5-4F81-A7A0-19423136D354.jpeg
00D0F0F2-3BD8-451A-995B-5ADA145D5920.jpeg

I’ve read many cases of adult children doing this, and then either faking their own abduction (I was just reading a month or so ago of a case like this) or in some cases murdering the parents to keep from being found out.

Woman charged with faking her own abduction to hide fact that she dropped out of college, state police say​

Chloe Stein, 23, was found Tuesday night at a residence in Jeannette, Pennsylvania, and eventually confessed to authorities that she made up her disappearance, state police said.

View attachment 436109
View attachment 436111
Oh, RIGHT! Chloe's case! And leading people to believe that a police office had pulled her over and then she disappeared. SIGH

The more she refuses to meet with LE the more she is cementing the view that this whole episode was nothing more than an attempt to illicit a response from someone who cared for her. If she truly did see a child wandering the roadside and really did get kidnapped she would be sitting with LE giving detailed information regarding what they looked like (working with a police artist) what they said, where they took her , how she escaped, how she got home, etc etc etc.

If her mom and dad really care about the blowback she's currently experiencing they should instruct her to meet with LE, admit her culpability and ask for a psych evaluation. The more she prevaricates the worse the negative outcome. As it is, I believe the least of her problems is the cost associated with her tall tale. Filing a false police report could see her with a criminal record and a blow to any future job opportunities she may be interested in. As it is now, she's kryptonite.
Unless she's brought in for questioning, I don't imagine she'll say anything until after birthday

Interesting. One thing, though, you can only get a 2-year Associate's Degree in Jeff State's Nursing Program, I believe. The link says that it was a 4-year degree. It is a Community College, which typically only offer two-year degrees.

Another thing: I lived in that area for a long time. Mountain Brook is the most exclusive and richest section of town. So, it doesn't surprise me that is where she was applying to be a nanny of infants (yikes). Who knows if any of her stated qualifications were accurate.

As for your comment about expectations of her imminent graduation: I also thought about that. What if the lie had come to a head and she was backed into a corner? Graduation Day was approaching. Yet, she was not a student and was not graduating...I wish that someone could check on this.

JMO.
I believe it's an Associate Degree program.

CR's visit to Harpersville PD station shortly before disappearance?
So, she just dropped into the PD to chat them up? Like they have time for all that? and then they give her all those good props? Must be a very small town.
@hparker36 Good point. I'd call Harpersville* a small town.
Re town's PD website commenting about her visit?
Maybe some Harpersville LEOs have a bit of SPARE TIME on occasion?**

But IDK. Graphs, charts, stats do not necessarily tell the whole story. ;-)

** Per Harpersville, Alabama (AL 35078) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, news, sex offenders
Full-time law enforcement employees in 2021, including police officers: 6 (6 officers - 5 male; 1 female). Officers per 1,000 residents here: 3.41 Alabama average: 2.40

Also shows "Crime rate in Harpersville detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson"
For 2004-2020, city-data's own crime index showed it as having lower rates than US averages, except for yr 20179.

Last edited:
I understand what you’re saying and agree up to a point.
But there are in fact men who fit that description (I actually have a cousin who is a trucker, balding, with ginger hair)—and the toddler thing was extremely serious from the perspective of law enforcement.

She’s not 13. She should understand that what she does has consequences for others, and that the world is not her playground.
What if someone had been injured or killed while they were searching for her? Or a police officer could have been killed while searching along the road for the imaginary toddler.

A hoax like this costs manpower and dollars, not to mention the potential injuries to searchers.

i get a Casey Anthony vibe the longer this goes on. Another immature exhibitionist…maybe a serial liar…and a family that is frustrated, but will cover for her and lie, lie, lie if necessary to protect her.

That is not a healthy environment. She needs consequences. Casey needed them…then a child died.

Anyone see her post with the new car they got her for graduation? Then she references ‘an accident.’ VOILA! They get her a fancier car…a red Mercedes. Are they ordering her some lavish present as we speak…poor baby.

She certainly vacations a lot, always posing in multiple swimsuits…for someone in school who has a job as well. Is she portraying the life she aspires to?

I bought her lies 100% and so did millions of others. I wish we had all seen her social media first.

Now I’m puzzled that anyone could think it should all be swept under the rug. I’m puzzled anyone should think that enabling her, indulging her…is a healthy way to deal with her or guide her to a decent future.

What if someone had been injured or killed while they were searching for her? Or a police officer could have been killed while searching along the road for the imaginary toddler.

A hoax like this costs manpower and dollars, not to mention the potential injuries to searchers.
My thoughts EXACTLY.

Actions have consequences. We're seeing clear premeditation here from the google searches. Wasted money, time, resources, etc. If charges can be brought against her, I hope they are. We don't need a bunch of ding dongs getting the bright idea to copycat this situation.

She clearly didn't "know better," but she's certainly old enough to know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob