Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that she needed to take prerequisite classes, obtain a certain GPA, and apply to become a nursing student.

That is my take from the statement “her drive to become a nursing student.”

MOO

I do know that I read a 2020 FB post (now deleted) where CR stated that she had been accepted into the nursing program at UAB and encouraged everyone to never give up on their dreams.

I dunno. Seems she announced in 2020 she'd been accepted to the UAB nursing program. However, in 2021, she also alleged on a neighborhood childcare site that she just graduated with a nursing degree and had the summer off before starting her Masters in Nursing, and was seeking work as a nanny.

Given the date or 2023, I think most thought she was about to graduate from JSCC pre-licensure studies (i.e., ready to sit for the State Board RN exam).

I think she wanted to make sure she would NOT show up on an Amber Alert. IMO I agree with people who think she's doing this for family attention on boyfriend attention.

I'm leaning more towards wanting to drop out of college. Many colleges now are doing asynchronistic classes. The course load is unbelievable. I think during Covid the colleges realized they could Zoom a lot of classes and save money but then demanded that the Instructors prove that they were "really teaching." So now students are completely overwhelmed with course loads. If she was in Nursing and really didn't want to continue in the program but had her parents making it a condition of her living in their home, she may have come up with this as an excuse to take a break from school and then never go back.

I doubt she thought it would get this much media attention. Honestly, IMO it probably wouldn't have. The Missing White Girl syndrome in the media is unfortunately true. She screwed up mentioning the toddler. That's what got the attention. If she had said that she saw a woman over by the trees she would probably flown under the radar.

I have been following this case and something occurred to me that I hope LE sees here.

The highway film footage shows on camera that she pulled over and and then when the police showed up about five minutes later she was gone.

What occurred to me is that if she preplanned this, she had to find a location to pull over on that allowed her a route to escape hidden from the highway. If drivers could see her walking it would ruin her plan.

So I wonder if they look at old footage of the same location, (she was right next to that sign that indicates a rest station or something coming up) she would have done a trial run just to make sure she could run into the trees and find an escape route.

If they look at footage from the week prior right at that same location they might see her pull over to check it out ahead of time.
This should be tipped in.

I think she wanted to make sure she would NOT show up on an Amber Alert. IMO I agree with people who think she's doing this for family attention on boyfriend attention.

I'm leaning more towards wanting to drop out of college. Many colleges now are doing asynchronistic classes. The course load is unbelievable. I think during Covid the colleges realized they could Zoom a lot of classes and save money but then demanded that the Instructors prove that they were "really teaching." So now students are completely overwhelmed with course loads. If she was in Nursing and really didn't want to continue in the program but had her parents making it a condition of her living in their home, she may have come up with this as an excuse to take a break from school and then never go back.

I doubt she thought it would get this much media attention. Honestly, IMO it probably wouldn't have. The Missing White Girl syndrome in the media is unfortunately true. She screwed up mentioning the toddler. That's what got the attention. If she had said that she saw a woman over by the trees she would probably flown under the radar.
Good point.

I resent that she made herself famous. With this.

It's just so wrong. On. Every. Single. Level.

We've heard of eye-level. Her lie level is sky high. Or should I say hell low?

So many wasted resources, so much wasted sympathy, so much needless drama.

I hope there are charges -- and conditions, starting with No Profiting From This.

And ending with limited jail time in exchange for about a million hours of community service AND a forfeiture of all social media for a period of 3-5 years, and if she's found in violation, a return to jail to fulfill her sentence.

This wasn't funny.

JMO

Sadly, nowadays bad behavior makes a person famous and they get "followers-
I think I need a barf icon!!!!

Maybe that's part of the problem, CR's parents have done everything for her and fixed things IDK. This wasn't just some silly prank, real people's time (LE, SS, the public searchers, etc.) and resources were wasted.

They will not be able, nor should they try, to fix this mess she's gotten herself into this time. She needs to learn a lesson of 'make bad choices = face the consequences'. I feel sorry for her parents.

MOO
Agreed. I’m a high school teacher, and my statement to parents about letting their child fail is sometimes the best thing they can do. Don’t bring their forgotten homework or gym bag - these are easy consequences to learn with. My phrase is “bail them out now and you’ll bail them out later”…

^^rsbm

Except for narcissists or those with traits do not tend to think logically! I really don't doubt that if police pulled up behind CR while she was reporting the toddler on the Interstate, she would have easily explained her sighting and the call to 911 to the officer-- 'I must be over-tired,' 'Driving without my eyeglasses,' etc., and all the while, CR being very, very, appreciative of the quick response by LE that showed her the reflection she thought was a child was false. I'm reminded of the statement by another police department (before deleting) about CR visiting the precinct that was saccharine-sweet with its praise of her.

ETA: I just read the visit to Harpersville PD was on Thursday -- the day she disappeared.
saccharine sweet for sure.

She reportedly has a cut lip. And now, I presume, a heavily bruised ego. She needs the coddling, patting, and princess treatments to cease. She needs to fess up, come clean and face the music
I don't know. I kind of want her to just be able to lay low and it to be overwith. IMO she honestly did NOT thnk it would get this much media attention. IMO it was done for members of her family, not social media clout. It was just the attention seeking behavior of a very overwhelmed woman who thought this would get her sympathy and attention from her family.

I think this because she got off the phone with 911 and immediately got on the phone with her brother's girffriend and that's who she did the fake scream in front of. If she was trying to fool the cops I think she would have stayed on the phone with 911 and faked the scream. IMO she only called 911 to back up her story to her parents. She also ended it really quickly. She was only gone 2 days. I think she was shocked that it blew up in the news. And then she was completely confused about what to do. So she came up with the escape story but she ended it quickly when she saw the media attention and the resources being spent. Unlike Papini who kept it going for weeks.

Also, notice who she implicated. A balding red headed man. A "woman she never saw." She didn't describe something vague that could wind up dragging it out or getting people in trouble. She made sure she said she never described "the woman" and a balding redhead is a very unusual description which since she knows is fake, she knows will not likely have someone falsely accused.

If I was her lawyer I would tell her to keep her mouth shut and go seek a therapist. Many people thought she had a bad drug trip or something. They cannot PROVE she deliberately did this (unless they find that footage I reccommended.) I actually feel bad for her. And she did do some things that indicate to me she was just trying to do a little drama for her family, not the entire country.

Exactly.
All reason was abandoned in a woman who was deemed fit to hold down a job dealing with people, had gained admission in a highly competitive environment to a nursing college, was considered fit capable and with a good personality and suddenly abandons all reason and goes <modsnip>
Preach

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I am getting more po'd because she won't talk to the police- this wonderful police department that pulled out all the stops because they initially believed her woeful BS story--- It is so obvious that if she was telling even a semblance of the truth she would want to tell the police everything so they COULD CATCH THOSE ABDUCTORS
(rolling eyes)- thankfully she will soon vanish from the headlines!
She is a Princess.

I don't know. I kind of want her to just be able to lay low and it to be overwith. IMO she honestly did NOT thnk it would get this much media attention. IMO it was done for members of her family, not social media clout. It was just the attention seeking behavior of a very overwhelmed woman who thought this would get her sympathy and attention from her family.

I think this because she got off the phone with 911 and immediately got on the phone with her brother's girffriend and that's who she did the fake scream in front of. If she was trying to fool the cops I think she would have stayed on the phone with 911 and faked the scream. IMO she only called 911 to back up her story to her parents. She also ended it really quickly. She was only gone 2 days. I think she was shocked that it blew up in the news. And then she was completely confused about what to do. So she came up with the escape story but she ended it quickly when she saw the media attention and the resources being spent. Unlike Papini who kept it going for weeks.

Also, notice who she implicated. A balding red headed man. A "woman she never saw." She didn't describe something vague that could wind up dragging it out or getting people in trouble. She made sure she said she never described "the woman" and a balding redhead is a very unusual description which since she knows is fake, she knows will not likely have someone falsely accused.

If I was her lawyer I would tell her to keep her mouth shut and go seek a therapist. Many people thought she had a bad drug trip or something. They cannot PROVE she deliberately did this (unless they find that footage I reccommended.) I actually feel bad for her. And she did do some things that indicate to me she was just trying to do a little drama for her family, not the entire country.
Fixing to turn 26, so now on the upside of near 30! She will still be living Mom and Dad.

I’ve always thought it a bit odd that Harpersville PD would make such a glowing statement about someone they had apparently only had brief contact with, based entirely on a first impression. But maybe it’s just me.

I agree, that was definitely weird. Unless, it was done as part of the investigation, cooperation with the neighboring PD?

Here is information on the 2-year program at Jefferson State Community College. I don't know where she was in the pursuit of her degree.

I do know that I read a 2020 FB post (now deleted) where CR stated that she had been accepted into the nursing program at UAB and encouraged everyone to never give up on their dreams.

She also had that photo of her with the white jacket on the stairs and another one wearing the gray scrubs. Somebody noted that those were not the color of the scrubs worn at the UAB Nursing Program.

JMO.

Just because CR stated something on FB doesn’t mean it is true. JMO but we have seen other falsehoods so I wouldn’t believe anything she posted.

I dunno. Seems she announced in 2020 she'd been accepted to the UAB nursing program. However, in 2021, she also alleged on a neighborhood childcare site that she just graduated with a nursing degree and had the summer off before starting her Masters in Nursing, and was seeking work as a nanny.

Given the date or 2023, I think most thought she was about to graduate from JSCC pre-licensure studies (i.e., ready to sit for the State Board RN exam).

I guess her family didn't read any of her social media sites.

Interesting. One thing, though, you can only get a 2-year Associate's Degree in Jeff State's Nursing Program, I believe. The link says that it was a 4-year degree. It is a Community College, which typically only offer two-year degrees.

Another thing: I lived in that area for a long time. Mountain Brook is the most exclusive and richest section of town. So, it doesn't surprise me that is where she was applying to be a nanny of infants (yikes). Who knows if any of her stated qualifications were accurate.

As for your comment about expectations of her imminent graduation: I also thought about that. What if the lie had come to a head and she was backed into a corner? Graduation Day was approaching. Yet, she was not a student and was not graduating...I wish that someone could check on this.

JMO.

I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member