Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this as a woman who was emotionally vulnerable and didn’t have a lot left to live for aside from her mother, and who had followed the rules and life hadn’t really worked out. She felt romantic desire and adoration and uniqueness for the first time in a long time, if not the first time ever, and the aspect of forbidden activates more brain chemistry (weren’t we all teenagers once?) and this all gave her something extremely powerful to look forward to. Her ex husband died (she is a widow in my eyes, given their amicable relationship), the house was empty, she had worked enough … I find it completely understandable that she submitted the retirement paperwork. She was a rule follower right up until the moment she wasn’t, but she thought about that moment for years, I bet this investigation reveals. I think this relationship basically gave a lonely vulnerable woman a reason to live.

I’d have a hard time as a juror sending her to jail. She needs mental health treatment, a purpose and more reasons to live.
I'd send her to jail in a heartbeat.

I see this as a woman who was emotionally vulnerable and didn’t have a lot left to live for aside from her mother, and who had followed the rules and life hadn’t really worked out. She felt romantic desire and adoration and uniqueness for the first time in a long time, if not the first time ever, and the aspect of forbidden activates more brain chemistry (weren’t we all teenagers once?) and this all gave her something extremely powerful to look forward to. Her ex husband died (she is a widow in my eyes, given their amicable relationship), the house was empty, she had worked enough … I find it completely understandable that she submitted the retirement paperwork. She was a rule follower right up until the moment she wasn’t, but she thought about that moment for years, I bet this investigation reveals. I think this relationship basically gave a lonely vulnerable woman a reason to live.

I’d have a hard time as a juror sending her to jail. She needs mental health treatment, a purpose and more reasons to live.

Welcome to Websleuths.

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint.

For one, she has been married, so we can presume she has in fact been romantically desired in her life.

Second, while she and her ex-husband had an amicable relationship until his death, by law she is not his widow. She was not married long enough to benefit from any pension or social security he may have been receiving, and his mother is his next of kin (as no children were listed in his obituary).

Third, she likely did find this forbidden "love" exciting and intoxicating. IMO, it's nauseating enough that of all the men in the world, she'd fantasize about this one. But if she'd gone no further, that would be her private issue.

I agree with @CharlestonGal. She had no right to expose innocent people to a man who's already murdered and who was deemed by judge and jury to be locked up for 75 years.

If I were on her jury, if hopefully she's found alive, and the evidence leads the way it seems to at this time, I would declare her "guilty as charged." In a second. She was lonely? So are lots of people. In 2022 there are ways to meet men who are outside of your small town and your jail.

She's left her elderly mother alone, bewildered, frightened. And I dare say lonelier than Vicky was.

Moo

My thoughts…..If she was complicit as LE is indicating, I believe she could have been planning this for a very long time. She could have perhaps set up a few credit cards under a different ID, deduced where to go, how to get there. Of course she didn’t tell her family or her co-workers she was retiring, but she was responsible enough to let her work know within a few days that they would need a sub. It’s fascinating, if not for the convicted and confessed murderer she is with. He is a risk to the general public, and now she is too unfortunately. IMHO

How? She was an assistant director with over 20 years experience. It's a tremendous leap of common sense to think she had not dealt with threats previously and knew the protocol for addressing them.
It’s a tremendous lapse of common sense to think a convict is in love with you is all I’m saying. Trying to think of how she is not guilty in this situation.

@SSanchezTV

Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton tells @LlamasNBC
inmates have come forward to say Vicky White and Casey White had a relationship but his office has not confirmed that. @TopStoryNBC

@TopStoryNBC
"Just to be clear, you have received information from other inmates that there was a relationship there?" "Yes, we have," Sheriff Rick Singleton tells
@LlamasNBC
about missing capital murder suspect Casey White and Alabama corrections officer Vicky White.

video
https://twitter.com/TopStoryNBC/status/1521268247617757184?s=20&t=ZnNbu-A_2NCu_629y7ytwA

Last edited:
Lots of articles online on the subject of women falling for inmates.
More common than I expected.

"there tends to be “this trait of intense mothering in prison wives,” writes Greenwood. “I think these women tend to be very nurturing. They have a sense of wanting to be caring for someone else, and men in prison, for obvious reasons, are quite needy.”

“I’m not marrying Joe’s past,” she told the friend. “I’m marrying the person he’s become.”

“making me the best possible version of myself.”
Why women fall in love with men in jail for terrible crimes

The phenomenon of Hybristophilia
Prison Brides: ‘Hybristophilia’ And Women Who Fall In Love With REALLY Bad Boys

“There are different types of women that could be interested in this type of relationship. There is the very high nurturing type, who feels they can 'save' someone. Then, there is the type who wants someone who is considered tough, rough, and 'manly,' because this gives the illusion that they can protect them. Third, there is the rebellious type who are unhappy and angry and who live a vicarious rebelliousness through this experience.”
Convicted Men and the Women Who Love Them

"Women who fall in love with dangerous criminals are more often than not suffering from depression," Luedke told Deutsche Welle. He said that for some women, it was easier to have a relationship with a dangerous criminal than to deal with their own fate.

Psychologist Luedke says such relationships are doomed to failure

"It's the fascination with the heinous side of human nature," Luedke said. Often, they are full or anger and aggression themselves. They fall in love with men who symbolize what the women themselves can't act on.

To a certain extent, these women believe they can turn the criminal into a better human being, but in the end "it is the women who need the relationship, they are giving the convict what they themselves have lacked most in life: time, affection, love and devotion," Luedke said.

He also noted that such relationships tend only work for as long as the partner is in jail. "As soon as he is out, the relationship faces the same problems the women had before, making a break-up inevitable."
Control and power: why some women fall in love with convicts | DW | 14.04.2010

Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton tells @LlamasNBC inmates have come forward to say Vicky White and Casey White had a relationship but his office has not confirmed that. @TopStoryNBC
https://twitter.com/ssancheztv/status/1521265735141572609?s=21&t=XNllJ0yL4dfgA2ljM7xTuw
https://twitter.com/ssancheztv/status/1521265735141572609?s=21&t=XNllJ0yL4dfgA2ljM7xTuw

This whole jail needs to be thrown away at this point. The staff evidently had no idea VW and CW (allegedly) had a relationship despite having cameras everywhere, but the inmates knew. The lack of oversight and accountability in this facility is mind boggling. MOO.

Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton tells @LlamasNBC inmates have come forward to say Vicky White and Casey White had a relationship but his office has not confirmed that. @TopStoryNBC
Yikes! That sounds damning. Still cannot get my head around it. We'll likely hear more real soon now. And I wonder where they are . . . and why they haven't been found yet. Moo

Are there any articles with interviews from his family or friends? They might have some insight into where they might have gone. What are his interests? Does he like camping or hunting? What places are important to him? What was he like in school? Did he graduate or learn a trade? Does he have outdoor survival skills? The media is mainly focused on interviewing people who know Vicki.
Many a case I have followed folks typically dont speak out when a perp is on the run. After they are apprehended some folks do talk.

Yeah and I bet if you had had children, you wouldn’t have let your boyfriend torture them to death or sexually abuse them either, out of desperation for love of the wretch. And I also bet you wouldn’t plot to kill a woman in order to be with that woman’s man.

But we aren’t talking about what you would do. Or what I would do. We are talking about what some people sometimes do. And why certain things can be more important to some.

To that end, what I was specifically referring to is the notion that a plain-looking 56 year old woman, never married, no kids, an elderly mother, no evidence of any intimate partner in her life (except this convict) would be more likely to dream of retirement and relaxation instead of dreaming of love and attention.

Obviously many single people without kids are perfectly happy and fulfilled. And most of those who are lonely or unhappy with being child free and single, would never contemplate something as absurd as what she did.

But there are those desperate enough and excited enough by rarely won attention to do drastic, ridiculous and criminal things.

I think her life wasn’t that happy and fulfilling for her. I think the dream of love was more important to her than the dream of relaxing on a beach, all by herself. So important that she’d give up her life for that dream.
Excellent post-
Just want to add that her actions reflect that she just may think this is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to her. She has shown evidence of pre planning, knowledge of the danger she is associating herself with and willingness to follow through with completeness...

Well there you go. It's really not rocket science. <modsnip>
And inmates are such credible witnesses?! They are not talking without getting (or thinking they are getting) some advantage from it.

It is frustrating when what appears obvious is unproven. But until someone credible comes forward to say they were romantically involved, I'm not convinced.

And really, I don't care now what her motives were/are. Because her actions are illegal and immoral even if she's a victim of herself.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
@CharlestonGal smiling because I’m from New York and we’re a lot less apt to send people to jail than they are in, like, Alabama ;)

Just saw this....hi, neighbor, I've lived in NYC all my life and based on what the evidence indicates at this time, I would certainly send her to jail (or rather, prison). In a NY micro-second!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy