Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of articles online on the subject of women falling for inmates.
More common than I expected.

"there tends to be “this trait of intense mothering in prison wives,” writes Greenwood. “I think these women tend to be very nurturing. They have a sense of wanting to be caring for someone else, and men in prison, for obvious reasons, are quite needy.”

“I’m not marrying Joe’s past,” she told the friend. “I’m marrying the person he’s become.”

“making me the best possible version of myself.”
Why women fall in love with men in jail for terrible crimes

The phenomenon of Hybristophilia
Prison Brides: ‘Hybristophilia’ And Women Who Fall In Love With REALLY Bad Boys

“There are different types of women that could be interested in this type of relationship. There is the very high nurturing type, who feels they can 'save' someone. Then, there is the type who wants someone who is considered tough, rough, and 'manly,' because this gives the illusion that they can protect them. Third, there is the rebellious type who are unhappy and angry and who live a vicarious rebelliousness through this experience.”
Convicted Men and the Women Who Love Them

"Women who fall in love with dangerous criminals are more often than not suffering from depression," Luedke told Deutsche Welle. He said that for some women, it was easier to have a relationship with a dangerous criminal than to deal with their own fate.

Psychologist Luedke says such relationships are doomed to failure

"It's the fascination with the heinous side of human nature," Luedke said. Often, they are full or anger and aggression themselves. They fall in love with men who symbolize what the women themselves can't act on.

To a certain extent, these women believe they can turn the criminal into a better human being, but in the end "it is the women who need the relationship, they are giving the convict what they themselves have lacked most in life: time, affection, love and devotion," Luedke said.

He also noted that such relationships tend only work for as long as the partner is in jail. "As soon as he is out, the relationship faces the same problems the women had before, making a break-up inevitable."
Control and power: why some women fall in love with convicts | DW | 14.04.2010
Excellent research & post. I find it extremely interesting that some women are so vulnerable in the ways discussed that they victimize themselves.

MOO

I see this as a woman who was emotionally vulnerable and didn’t have a lot left to live for aside from her mother, and who had followed the rules and life hadn’t really worked out. She felt romantic desire and adoration and uniqueness for the first time in a long time, if not the first time ever, and the aspect of forbidden activates more brain chemistry (weren’t we all teenagers once?) and this all gave her something extremely powerful to look forward to. Her ex husband died (she is a widow in my eyes, given their amicable relationship), the house was empty, she had worked enough … I find it completely understandable that she submitted the retirement paperwork. She was a rule follower right up until the moment she wasn’t, but she thought about that moment for years, I bet this investigation reveals. I think this relationship basically gave a lonely vulnerable woman a reason to live.

I’d have a hard time as a juror sending her to jail. She needs mental health treatment, a purpose and more reasons to live.
She broke laws. She helped free a violent criminal. Whatever statute applies to her offenses, I doubt it includes a defense that she needs a purpose to live.

IMO I would not be surprised if some of the other Officers knew as well. Those who worked under her. Did their job and kept their mouths shut. I'm sure they will go thru video to see what went on around his cell. I would think it just not an immediate priority right now.

She felt romantic desire and adoration and uniqueness for the first time in a long time, if not the first time ever, and the aspect of forbidden activates more brain chemistry (weren’t we all teenagers once?)
Yeah, we were. And she was. And she’s now in her 50s. This is an absolute stretch and makes me have much less sympathy for her to see it put this way. <modsnip>

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent research & post. I find it extremely interesting that some women are vulnerable in the ways discussed that they victimize themselves.

MOO
Kind of an eye opener for me.

Reading more about this, I now lean to Vicki having willingly participated in this escape.
However, I still believe that she was gaslighted.....I think CW caught on to her psychology and took advantage, manipulated her for his own purposes.

And as the German psychologist stated in one of the articles, most of these relationships are doomed to failure once the convict out of prison, even when the "love" is mutual.

Just saw this....hi, neighbor, I've lived in NYC all my life and based on what the evidence indicates at this time, I would certainly send her to jail (or rather, prison). In a NY micro-second!

I’m a lazy West Coast person. I’d suggest that we fill out the paperwork, go to lunch on the county’s dime, and *then* come back with the verdict.

Seriously, if this is as it appears, it’s reprehensible. I’ve been trying to think of some way it could not be the way it appears, but nothing makes sense.

I agree. If true, everything this inmate has stated since 2020 is in question.

Agreed. There is potentially a possibility that he made a false confession in the Connie Ridgeway case to get transferred back to Lauderdale. We don’t have any information that conclusively points toward this, but I would not be surprised if the DA is now reviewing that confession in light of the situation. The timing just seems a little too convenient. MOO.

I wonder what explanation she gave her mother for selling her house and moving back home at age 56? Is she supposed to be taking care of her mother? If that's the excuse she used to move into her mother's house I'm going to be even more mad. jmo

I wonder what explanation she gave her mother for selling her house and moving back home at age 56? Is she supposed to be taking care of her mother? If that's the excuse she used to move into her mother's house I'm going to be even more mad. jmo
I'll say IMO, because I don't remember where I heard it, but she sold her house in anticipation of retirement and going to the beach. Or so she said.

Feeling strongly now that ... no matter what the details are ... others are going to die before this becomes 'old news'. Moo
Oh, CW is going to die for sure. No way is he going back. No way in hell. The last time he surrendered to LE he got 75 years for his trouble. He won't be making that mistake again. jmo

I believe that, unless she’d murdered someone and he knew where the body was buried, she had more to lose from helping him escape.

100% agreed.

She’s just doing what too many people have done- throwing it all away or risking it all for some dude or some woman. We’ve seen it too often. Rarely just like this, but often in more horrific circumstances.

She must have been susceptible to his charms. He sure seems to know what he’s doing.

Chances are high that she’s already dead given that lump sum amount she got. It wouldn’t take two people too far. But it would take one guy pretty far in a place like Mexico or Ecuador. If he’s not robbed and murdered first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy