Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we aware of her address that sold? Was there a public real estate listing for it, perhaps on Zillow or Realtor dot com or a smaller local site?

To protect the new owners, best not to publicize the address here on Websleuths. But, the county real estate tax records are available on line, for your own perusal.

Are we aware of her address that sold? Was there a public real estate listing for it, perhaps on Zillow or Realtor dot com or a smaller local site?
The address is on the Sale Form posted on this news article. I don't want to post the actual address here because someone else lives there now.

Wanted Lauderdale Co. Sheriff employee sold her home 12 days before disappearing with murder suspect

ETA: If you follow the bread crumbs, the property was assessed at $188k in 2019. Whoever got it for $95k got a hell of a steal.

The address is on the Sale Form posted on this news article. I don't want to post the actual address here because someone else lives there now.

Wanted Lauderdale Co. Sheriff employee sold her home 12 days before disappearing with murder suspect

ETA: If you follow the bread crumbs, the property was assessed at $188k in 2019. Whoever got it for $95k got a hell of a steal.
especially now with the market on buying being out of control. I would think the $ would have gone way over the selling price. I wonder what the place looked like at time of sale? ( No need to answer this, it's not important) IMO

Looking for a quick sale of the property, she let it go for half of its value. (IMO)
She may have received a cashier's check for the sale of the property. If the property was listed with a realty company, she most likely had to pay a real estate commission (max. 6% of sale price, possibly). Then, had to deposit that check into her own account, wait for it to "clear", then she could withdraw the funds.

It is possible she received cash -- for a quick sale. So, no cashier's check needed!

A quick Google tells me cashing out amounts over $10k may require some "paperwork." Obviously ATM transactions are limited to several hundred dollars a day. UNLESS she sold the house to a buyer who paid cash?? That'd probably be a rare situation, though. Cash in real estate usually means "no mortgage required so we are wiring the seller our cash to their bank" but I'm referring to a weird situation where someone could have paid her cash, in hand, outside of a bank. Probably didn't happen, right? So, maybe she had the "paperwork" I referenced in my first sentence authorized a few weeks ago, by her bank, so did indeed have her house sale funds in hand in cash?!

I've withdrawn over $10k several times. I don't remember filling out paperwork, but the teller did fill out an IRS 8300 form and I had to wait several days every time so the bank could order enough money. They ask what you're using the money for and that's about it. They fill out the same form when you deposit large sums of cash as well. So as long as VW said she was purchasing something reasonable, I doubt a teller would bat an eye.

Also I've bought two houses with "cash". The first was owned by a bank, so I took in actual cash, but I had to have the cash converted to a cashier's check for the actual purchase. They wouldn't just take the cash. The second was done at the Title Office and my only option was a wire transfer.

It looks like it may have tried to be sold at auction in Feb ‘22, but didn’t meet the min bid of 92k. I found a listing with pictures. It’s a nice property and all the sites I could find had it at ~300k. Definitely a steal.

especially now with the market on buying being out of control. I would think the $ would have gone way over the selling price. I wonder what the place looked like at time of sale? ( No need to answer this, it's not important) IMO
I think it kind of is important, actually. I just checked the current value of this property on homes.com and it is listed at $341K as of today. That raises some interesting questions, IMO.

Was the place literally such a shambles she could only get $95k for it? If so, why was it in such shambles? What happened there? If the place was fine, why sell for so little? Was a quick closing so important to her <for some reason> that losing $250k was worth it? Was the sale an intra-family thing that explains the difference in selling price vs actual value?

It's important because the answers to these questions might say something about her mental state/judgment recently and/or the extent of her premeditation, if there was premeditation. IMO

I think it kind of is important, actually. I just checked the current value of this property on homes.com and it is listed at $341K as of today. That raises some interesting questions, IMO.

Was the place literally such a shambles she could only get $95k for it? If so, why was it in such shambles? What happened there? If the place was fine, why sell for so little? Was a quick closing so important to her <for some reason> that losing $250k was worth it? Was the sale an intra-family thing that explains the difference in selling price vs actual value?

It's important because the answers to these questions might say something about her mental state/judgment recently and/or the extent of her premeditation, if there was premeditation. IMO
It is a double wide on a permanent foundation, I’m not sure if that plays into it.

Also, pics I saw for the auction this Feb looked nice and clean.

Looking for a quick sale of the property, she let it go for half of its value. (IMO)
She may have received a cashier's check for the sale of the property. If the property was listed with a realty company, she most likely had to pay a real estate commission (max. 6% of sale price, possibly). Then, had to deposit that check into her own account, wait for it to "clear", then she could withdraw the funds.

It is possible she received cash -- for a quick sale. So, no cashier's check needed!
Sure seems that way. I can find nothing looking around quickly here online about a sale at that address. But I know that often the real estate transactions take several weeks to become available online. Home value of said address ranges from $200,000-$350,000 depending on which real estate you look at. It is supposedly a 2700 sq ft home! Huge for a single woman. And a MASSIVE loss to take on a sale of such property.

bbm
Driving time between Huntsville (I couldn't find Lauderdale on the map, but the county is in the north of AL) to Mobile AL is 5 hours 10 minutes.
They weren't even "missing" within that time.
With the planning involved, they could have been on a boat to some island in the Caribbean by then.

If you go on Craigslist there are a lot of boats for sale by owner in Mobile AL. Plus there's lots of boats for sale through dealers. And that's just Craiglist. There are probably numerous businesses that sell boats.

If this escape was planned for several months then there's nothing to stop VW from buying a boat online, doing the paperwork online and having it ready for her to pick up when she gets to the coast. If I'm reading the process correctly, according to this link:

Mobile - Register a Boat

if you purchase and register a boat in another state you dont have to register it if its been in the state of AL less than 90 days.

I just can't wrap my head around why they are using an old photo of Vicki with a small more recent photo inserted on the wanted poster. And the U.S. Marshal no less! I would think the U.S. Marshal would know that people need to see the more recent photo front and center to be able to actually identify someone.
YES!!! And why wouldn’t they include a recent court photo of CW wearing regular civilian clothing?

Sure seems that way. I can find nothing looking around quickly here online about a sale at that address. But I know that often the real estate transactions take several weeks to become available online. Home value of said address ranges from $200,000-$350,000 depending on which real estate you look at. It is supposedly a 2700 sq ft home! Huge for a single woman. And a MASSIVE loss to take on a sale of such property.
It's also 4.25 acres. One would think the land alone is worth $95k. jmo

If you go on Craigslist there are a lot of boats for sale by owner in Mobile AL. Plus there's lots of boats for sale through dealers. And that's just Craiglist. There are probably numerous businesses that sell boats.

If this escape was planned for several months then there's nothing to stop VW from buying a boat online, doing the paperwork online and having it ready for her to pick up when she gets to the coast. If I'm reading the process correctly, according to this link:

Mobile - Register a Boat

if you purchase and register a boat in another state you dont have to register it if its been in the state of AL less than 90 days.
I looked into a boat trip from the Gulf coast to Merida. Apparently there's a nasty current that would require traveling in a loop of some sort, much more direct and easier from Merida to the Gulf coast, the other way around. Also it was stated that you'd best need a diesel, and the trip is around 30 hours iirc. Also looked into ferries...there are none.

Cuba might be closer, didn't look into that option though.

Does either have any boating experience?

It's possible they took a boat, either one they bought, or paid off an individual to take them across.

I think they may have been better off driving, they had a head start, and in an unknown vehicle.
i.e. IF they headed to Mexico.

Mobile - Register a Boat

Absolutely. And what about a used RV? Are there places to park an RV in the AL/TN area that don't require nightly fees, similar to "BLM" land out west?

PREA (Prison Rape Elimination Act) and 'Undue Familiarity' are regularly reviewed and reintroduced to Staff in correctional settings (at least here in NC- we do no less that 6 learning modules a year on them). We have signs hanging all over our facilities reminding what the signs and red flags are. Yet it still happens- someone, for whatever reason, fails to pay head to caution and steps over that line. Careers ended, families devastated, lives changed forever. People are people, and they are going to sometimes do whatever they want, no matter the consequences. It's beginning to look more and more like Ms. White was a willing participant, but until they are both in custody we won't know the entire story. IMHO
It is mind blowing but I’ve seen it happen with nurses and psychiatric patients, more then once. And every time it’s someone with known Cluster B personality traits so usually known to be manipulative. And it can happen very fast. And have never ended well at all. I know one nurse who had a child from the former patient, who was very troubled themselves (the child), and a terrible marriage with the former patient and had the SWAT team at her place at least once for the former patient shooting up their place.

It looks like it may have tried to be sold at auction in Feb ‘22, but didn’t meet the min bid of 92k. I found a listing with pictures. It’s a nice property and all the sites I could find had it at ~300k. Definitely a steal.
Just bizarre. I haven't been able to find the auction photos but will take your word for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member