Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it kind of is important, actually. I just checked the current value of this property on homes.com and it is listed at $341K as of today. That raises some interesting questions, IMO.

Was the place literally such a shambles she could only get $95k for it? If so, why was it in such shambles? What happened there? If the place was fine, why sell for so little? Was a quick closing so important to her <for some reason> that losing $250k was worth it? Was the sale an intra-family thing that explains the difference in selling price vs actual value?

It's important because the answers to these questions might say something about her mental state/judgment recently and/or the extent of her premeditation, if there was premeditation. IMO
You're right. I didn't want to loose focus on these 2 however that is important.

Not sure the house is worth what many are thinking. If it didn't get the min. price at auction and sold for around the same last month, I think there is something wrong with the estimates.

I wonder if something happened at work that made her unhappy or angry? Maybe something she tried to go up the chain for or complain about but was ignored? Or mocked? Or something.

Maybe in addition to love, this was an FU to the sheriff's office or jail?

Various folks here have opined that the whole system there from the top down may be rotten (too many procedures ignored, seemingly lax, etc...). Maybe she knew it too so didn't mind tumbling the house of cards as she left. Kwim?

MOO.

CW is facing two capital murder charges. Given his criminal history, there is a good chance he would be sentenced to death in a state that has the highest per capita death sentencing rate in the country (although not as many executions per capita as TX).

With that hanging over him, getting to Mexico would be his smartest move. Mexico will not extradite to any country seeking the death penalty. The border is about 16-17 hours away. I would think there would have been a BOLO issued for the closest border crossings such as Nuevo Laredo and Reynosa before they could get there. Juarez is about 18-19 hours away, so also a possibility.

Capital punishment in Alabama - Wikipedia
The state [Alabama] has the highest per capita capital sentencing rate in the United States. In some years, its courts impose more death sentences than Texas, a state that has a population five times as large.[1] However, Texas has a higher rate of executions per capita.

Capital punishment in Mexico - Wikipedia
Mexico does not extradite to countries that are seeking the death penalty, and has successfully defended 400 of its citizens charged with a capital offence in the United States.[13][14] This has in the past led to American fugitives crossing the border into Mexico in order to avoid the death penalty.

I don't think Canada extradites if the death penalty is on the table, either. Canada abolished the death penalty.

Mother of missing Lauderdale Co. corrections officer describes last morning together - WAAY TV
<snipped & BBM>
It's not only Vicky's mom who is worried. Her younger nephew has been anxiously waiting for his aunt to return home.

"He called me again and said, 'Nana, I just can't believe this. This is not my Aunt Vicky,'" said Davis.

Church members have been stopping by to check on Davis.

"They're in shock, and they're hurt. We don't know, one day to the next, what's going to happen," she said.

[…]

Davis said Vicky never intended on starting a career in law enforcement, but when the opportunity came up 16 years ago, she accepted.

"Somebody called her one day and said, 'Hey, there's an opening at the jail.' And she just took it, and she's been there ever since. I guess it was just a job," said Davis.

So she’s worked there for 16 years, not the 25 we’ve been told? Beginning at approximately age 40. What did she do prior to that? Was she even eligible for a pension after 16 years?

Not sure the house is worth what many are thinking. If it didn't get the min. price at auction and sold for around the same last month, I think there is something wrong with the estimates.
I'm thinking there is something wrong with average person immediately jumping to auction to sell their house rather than just selling the house through normal real estate channels. This property was NEVER on the market so far as I can tell. Immediately to auction.

Auctioned 1 day before CW arrives back at Lauderdale County jail. 1 day. She wanted that house turned into cash ASAP. In fact, from the auction photos the house had already been cleaned out in preparation. It's empty. IMO, that is not a coincidence. It's the start of putting a plan into motion.

As always, MOO.

I wonder if something happened at work that made her unhappy or angry? Maybe something she tried to go up the chain for or complain about but was ignored? Or mocked? Or something.

Maybe in addition to love, this was an FU to the sheriff's office or jail?

Various folks here have opined that the whole system there from the top down may be rotten (too many procedures ignored, seemingly lax, etc...). Maybe she knew it too so didn't mind tumbling the house of cards as she left. Kwim?

MOO.
I think the sheriff is painting a rosy picture that was not rosy at all. Someone in VW's position does not simply drop a notice to retire on the desk and state their last day is tomorrow, unless something is seriously out of whack. There are formalities in place for such situations. I mean, CAN you do it? Technically, I guess you could. But I was in government service for over 30 years and every time things went down that way it was in situations that were far from rosy.

Not to mention, she was apparently going to jail break an inmate the next day, never to be seen again. What's the point of having a hissy fit and dropping retirement notice when you're not even going to be around to retire? It's an impulsive FU and parting shot, IMO.

This is driving me crazy. If the jail has such protocol that 2 people are supposed to remove a prisoner, how or who helped in this? If everyone there knows there should be 2 people, how the heck did she just walk out with him? Was there assistance?
@CharlestonGal , could she have been in a hurry to sell, get $ prepare for a future of some sort?

This is driving me crazy. If the jail has such protocol that 2 people are supposed to remove a prisoner, how or who helped in this? If everyone there knows there should be 2 people, how the heck did she just walk out with him? Was there assistance?
@CharlestonGal , could she have been in a hurry to sell, get $ prepare for a future of some sort?
She only needed the cooperation of 2 people - the booking officer who went and got him for her and whoever was manning the sally port. In this small town operation that could have been the same person. It shouldn't be, of course. But well....

I'd be asking some serious questions of the booking officer and whoever was manning the sally port. VW would never have gotten away with this if those people were doing their jobs. There is no information at this point that lends clarity to whether these other officers were actively in on it or just basically incompetent. jmo

I do not get the sympathy for Vicky. She purposefully let loose a violent felon into the world. If he kills an innocent person? That’s on both of them.

She’s a grown woman, not some young child. She knows right from wrong. Being “lonely” (which we have no proof she actually is) is no excuse. Millions of people are not married and without children and are perfectly content!

From what I understood, there were 5 or 6 inmates being transported somewhere else earlier. So I guess personnel were occupied with that.

Then CW needed transporting for "the mental health evaluation". I think she purposely timed it that way. Whomever was left at the jail likely was adverse to questioning his/her superior about the protocol, and maybe she exhibited an attitude that further kept others' mouths shut.

I think the sheriff is painting a rosy picture that was not rosy at all. Someone in VW's position does not simply drop a notice to retire on the desk and state their last day is tomorrow, unless something is seriously out of whack. There are formalities in place for such situations. I mean, CAN you do it? Technically, I guess you could. But I was in government service for over 30 years and every time things went down that way it was in situations that were far from rosy.

Not to mention, she was apparently going to jail break an inmate the next day, never to be seen again. What's the point of having a hissy fit and dropping retirement notice when you're not even going to be around to retire? It's an impulsive FU and parting shot, IMO.

I’m wondering if it was simply due to her boyfriend urging her and telling her, “Baby, it’s got to be now! F your retirement. F your notice. If we don’t do this now, I’m going to be transferred back to prison soon and that will be it. We will NEVER see each other again! I don’t want to lose you. I need you!”

She only needed the cooperation of 2 people - the booking officer who went and got him for her and whoever was manning the sally port. In this small town operation that could have been the same person. It shouldn't be, of course. But well....

I'd be asking some serious questions of the booking officer and whoever was manning the sally port. VW would never have gotten away with this if those people were doing their jobs. There is no information at this point that lends clarity to whether these other officers were actively in on it or just basically incompetent. jmo

Sadly I also feel that LE are covering the butts. Serious errors happened. IMO

I do not get the sympathy for Vicky. She purposefully let loose a violent felon into the world. If he kills an innocent person? That’s on both of them.

She’s a grown woman, not some young child. She knows right from wrong. Being “lonely” (which we have no proof she actually is) is no excuse. Millions of people are not married and without children and are perfectly content!
You are not alone in your thoughts or wrong… millions of people break the law every day, without the financial, social, or job security this individual had. In my opinion, it’s worse, she either was a bad apple in hiding all along, or at the minimum a severely compromised person with poor judgement…

There is a difference between "sympathy" and simply trying to understand a situation. I think many here are just trying to work out why VW did what she did. Trying to understand the situation does not imply sympathy or excusing what she apparently has done. jmo

True. But some go to great lengths to keep or get a mate. Horrible lengths. Remember that astronaut who traveled all the way across country wearing a diaper so she could kill her perceived romantic rival? Or the officer who broke into her ex boyfriend’s home to kill his new wife? The men and women who have killed their kids or tried to in order to keep some guy or gal? Oh, so many bizarre cases.

But yeah, I would feel much more empathy but for the fact that she’s endangering lives by this. She has the right to decide to endanger her own life for a dangerous and ridiculous fantasy. But not other people.

And while yes, there may be millions who are not married and/or don’t have kids, and are content, there are likely many more in that situation who aren’t content and are indeed, lonely.

But as you said: That’s no excuse. I believe there’s an explanation but regardless, it’s shocking and bizarre. Nothing justifies this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy