Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why CW’s trial was pushed back to June?

A continuance could be for many reasons including the convenience of the court.

Escaped inmate went back and forth between Lauderdale County Jail and state prison | WHNT.com

The judge ordered a mental health exam for White in December of 2020 but that exam was pushed to April 2021 because White tested positive for COVID.

Fast forward to 2022, Casey White was once again transferred from Bessemer to Lauderdale county in February for the capital murder trial of Connie Ridgeway. That trial was continued until June 2022.

White was set to be transferred back to Bessemer at the time of his escape from the Lauderdale County Jail.

Does VW have any friends? I’m not hearing any chatter from Girlfriends etc.

How about former boyfriend’s? Did she date at all after her divorce?

She had to know that authorities would put two and two together very quickly.

So she’s sold her home for less than it was worth. She’s given up her pension. She’s abandoned her elderly mother. She’s thrown her life away for a guy that would have no problem killing her and if he hasn’t already, he may do so anytime.

I’m really trying to understand how someone could think that any of this would be a good idea.

Sigh.

In a body of water, along with the body of the person who was driving the car they’re driving now? I certainly hope not.
I hope not. Finding a car to hijack at just the right time the orange vehicle needed to be dumped could be chancy. However, purchasing another vehicle could be risky as well with title change, plates etc. She wouldn’t necessarily take care of all that rigamarole but considering how easy it was to discover she bought the orange car then… Also what a heck of a lot of advance planning. Doubt she left much to chance. Hopefully she screwed up somewhere.

Last edited:
@Matt_Kroschel
ALERT:Lauderdale Co Sheriff just released video showing the patrol car w/ inmate #CaseyWhite & officer #VickyWhite moments after they left the jail during the escape. They vanished after ditching patrol car
New video shows Casey White, Vicky White driving to site where they abandoned
vehicle

The latest video shows them about 9:49 a.m. in a sheriff’s office vehicle driving through the intersection of Huntsville Road and Cox Creek Parkway. They left the Lauderdale County Detention Center at 9:41 a.m. That’s when Vicky White said she was taking Casey White for a court proceeding. That’s been determined to be a lie.

The intersection is about a half-mile from the Florence Square shopping center where the vehicle was found abandoned several hours later. It’s about three miles from the jail.

View attachment 342485

Did you guys watch this? The good Sheriff strikes again. Early on, he tells everyone not to get info on Facebook because it’s not reliable. Then later on, when they ask him what he knows about CW, he says he read on one Facebook post—and he assumed it was true, he said—that CW went to Limestone High School.

This guy is a barrel of contradictions.;)

Does VW have any friends? I’m not hearing any chatter from Girlfriends etc.

How about former boyfriend’s? Did she date at all after her divorce?

She had to know that authorities would put two and two together very quickly.

So she’s sold her home for less than it was worth. She’s given up her pension. She’s abandoned her elderly mother. She’s thrown her life away for a guy that would have no problem killing her and if he hasn’t already, he may do so anytime.

I’m really trying to understand how someone could think that any of this would be a good idea.

Sigh.
I wondered the same thing. You’d think a few friends might surface…and even just plead with her to abort mission and come back.

I have to think that, as with many things in life, the planning and plotting is far more compelling and interesting than the results.

They've apparently been on the run for 5 days. They may still be on a "high" from the plan and the actions.

Let's see how they're doing in a week, in two weeks, in a month, in two months when one of them wants something that wasn't in the plan.

She seems to have been a saver. Maybe all that cash is burning a great big hole in his pocket, with the lure of lots of alcohol and drugs, new clothes, another car...

Also, from later in the Sheriff’s most recent interview he says that “a hundred” tips might be stretching it. Then a few seconds later he says that he knows there has been “hundreds” of tips.

I know people get nervous and misspeak in live interviews, but for the guy who puts out the facts, clarity does not seem to be his strong suit.;)

Last edited:
Also, from later in the Sheriff’s most recent interview he says that “a hundred” tips might be stretching it. Then a few seconds later he says that he knows there has been “hundreds” of tips.

I know people get nervous and misspeak in live interviews, but for the guy who puts out the facts, clarity does not seem to be his strong suit.;)

I am imagining that any information given out is primarily for the benefit of Casey and Vicky. Maybe they want to lull them into a false sense of security listening to a bumbling Sheriff.

We all know "all criminals come to Florida".... BUT she had been dropping hints about Florida and beaches... So, I am still convinced she is a master planner, so I think the Florida statements were meant to be a disguise. And trying to "get out of Florida's penisula" would still be difficult, if ever spotted IN Florida.

I think they would have had to drive west and south to eventually try to get to Mexico. I just think that makes the most sense.
She was talking about going to the BEACH; therefore, I would concentrate more on the forests and mountains. Also, beaches are too wide open. Even that bright orange car could be hidden or disposed of in the forest.

She was talking about going to the BEACH; therefore, I would concentrate more on the forests and mountains. Also, beaches are too wide open. Even that bright orange car could be hidden or disposed of in the forest.
Right? It could just be sitting in the closed garage of an AirBnB they’re renting too. When my husband and I rent vacation homes, it’s usually just a lock box on the door where you put in a key code. No one even necessarily sees you. You can even filter for “self check ins” when you book.

I have to think that, as with many things in life, the planning and plotting is far more compelling and interesting than the results.

They've apparently been on the run for 5 days. They may still be on a "high" from the plan and the actions.

Let's see how they're doing in a week, in two weeks, in a month, in two months when one of them wants something that wasn't in the plan.

She seems to have been a saver. Maybe all that cash is burning a great big hole in his pocket, with the lure of lots of alcohol and drugs, new clothes, another car...
Exactly! I agree 100%

The power shift must have already occurred. He only needed VW to help him escape. He needed out, needed money, needed transportation. Does he really need VW any longer? She’s provided all of that and probably much more. She divorced her husband after 3 years of marriage due to his drug use. I can’t see how this relationship can be any better than her marriage. I mean, she’s put her life at risk here.

If, and that’s a real big IF, they are still together it can’t be pleasant.

There is NO GOOD ENDING to this. He’s not going back to jail so is probably quite willing to die to ensure he doesn’t go back.

VW has no way out.

MOO

I agree on the beach, from appearance she doesn’t look like she would fair well in the sun.

I agree on the beach, from appearance she doesn’t look like she would fair well in the sun.
Did she ever go to the beach? Is it something she would do?

Bottom line…doesn’t matter where she wanted to go or wants to go…CW is driving the bus and making those decisions now.

MOO

Ohhh.....later today there's going to be a tour for reporters to walk through the facility. That should be interesting. Timestamp 8:48.

Sheriff Rick Singleton on Vicky White: ‘It was obvious she wasn’t concerned for her safety”

ETA: Also, the sheriff says the timestamp on the sally port camera is off by 10 minutes.
ETA: CW's father lives in TN. Law enforcement has been in contact with him and he (father) says CW is not there and has not been in contact with him.
I watched it on our local news. Or maybe it was National News ABC. Anyway, this afternoon they were walking the halls of the jail, showing doors and corridors.

Exactly! I agree 100%

The power shift must have already occurred. He only needed VW to help him escape. He needed out, needed money, needed transportation. Does he really need VW any longer? She’s provided all of that and probably much more. She divorced her husband after 3 years of marriage due to his drug use. I can’t see how this relationship can be any better than her marriage. I mean, she’s put her life at risk here.

If, and that’s a real big IF, they are still together it can’t be pleasant.

There is NO GOOD ENDING to this. He’s not going back to jail so is probably quite willing to die to ensure he doesn’t go back.

VW has no way out.

MOO
The sheriff mentioned in the video that VW has seen this scenario before in her career and knows perfectly well how it always ends. He said the best thing for her to do is come forward, turn herself in, and help authorities recapture CW. He said prosecutors may throw her some favor if she does that, but that's really the only way out for her. jmo

Sheriff Rick Singleton on Vicky White: ‘It was obvious she wasn’t concerned for her safety”

Possible she stashed her money away in accounts (or safety deposit boxes) that could be accessed later? Safer to not be carrying $$ with her, especially if that would keep her alive.

Apologies if already posted. I’m trying to keep up. Some new info I hadn’t seen from Lauderdale Co Sheriff.
Vicky White fired, losing pension: No ‘wrongdoing’ by dealership that sold getaway car, authorities say
Here's a nugget of new info from that article:
Vicky White recently bought the AR-15 and shotgun they are thought be armed with, authorities said. However, their relationship has likely been going on for up to two years.

Earlier, people were wondering if one or both of the firearms were hers, or where she got them. It looks like LE has traced the purchase of them. And they know this "relationship", in whatever form, has been going on for about 2 years, probably on-and-off. Was it about 2 years ago, that CW first showed up at the Lauderdale facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523