Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Good example of flipping the questions to get at more possibilities.

His past behavior strikes me as erratic so I don’t tend to think he’d have the discipline or stability to map this all out. However, on a good day, he could be more organized than I give him credit for. Or he could have networks that are.
Unless he's had nothing to do while sitting in jail but to plan how to get of of there.

I doubt that she’d consider splitting up an option. She’d still be a criminal on the run, and I don’t think she did this so she could be a criminal on the run—alone.
Yes, she wouldn't. But that wouldn't necessarily be her call though.

He could abandon her (or worse) at any time.

The filing for retirement also seems odd to me.

It's not like she is going to come back with a story about being abducted and taken hostage against her will, then pick up her pension checks.

It's also not like they could marry on the run and then he files as a spouse to receive the funds. That sure ain't gonna work.

Did she do this expecting to be declared legally dead in 7 years so her mother could get the pension.

This, like everything else, does not make much sense at all.
We have been cycling around that too. Maybe she hoped the plan would at least refund her contributions (but not the whole benefit) to her mother if she was convicted or killed.

I suppose there’s a small chance she hoped officials would conclude she was abducted. And the pension would be there for her mom or, for her, if she claimed to escape after being taken hostage. If that was her schtick though, her gig is up.:)

CW's mother speaks.

He was facing murder charges after confessing to the stabbing death of Connie Ridgeway, 58.

His mother claimed he copped to that crime to get a change of scenery at the rural county jail.

“The only reason he came out to Lauderdale County was to get out of the prison he was in,” she said.

“He wrote a letter to say that he murdered that woman. But he didn’t really murder her, he just done that to get back up here.

“He just wanted to be out of that prison because it was so bad and there was no food.”

Escaped Alabama inmate Casey White is ‘not a monster,’ mom says

Unless he's had nothing to do while sitting in jail but to plan how to get of of there.
I respect your point.:) Even if he had 20 years to sit and think about it, though, I still don’t see it. I read and watched videos from some of his earlier run-ins with the law and I just don’t see mastermind no matter how you cut it.

Emotionally manipulative, yes. Violent and threatening, yes. Orchestrating multi-step covert plan and having the discipline to carry it out? My money is on her for now.

I was also trying to think of other reasons earlier. What usually motivates someone to do something illegal and out of character?

Love: appareny that's not it as far as reports have said.

Threat to Career or Livelihood: Her career is now over and her retirement is probably something she is probably no longer eligible for so that doesn't seem to be it.

Revenge: Someone above her at work? Jails and prisons in general? Someone out to get Casey White or someone she and Casey are out to get?

Money: I suppose this is a possibility if Casey has some (but who would trust a con not to con them?) or if someone else wanted Casey out and that person pays well. (But is that guy really THAT important?) Who were police looking into for the murder Casey recently confessed to? Maybe that guy pays well to have the spotlight not on him?

Threat to reputation: Maybe she was up to no good and whatever that was would do more harm (she felt) to her reputation than this is/will?

Fame: Sometimes people are willing to have their 15 minutes of fame be for bad or ridiculously stupid things

Any other guesses for motivations?
Activism/indoctrination. Moo.

Random thought: Since his height would be recognized fairly quickly (if they’re going out in public) they could use a wheelchair.
I have worked in a number of contexts where people of various sizes use wheelchairs and my opinion is that he would still look absolutely huge in a wheelchair. Often times, realllly tall people look as tall sitting down as a person VW’s height does standing behind and pushing.

I was also trying to think of other reasons earlier. What usually motivates someone to do something illegal and out of character?

Love: appareny that's not it as far as reports have said.

Threat to Career or Livelihood: Her career is now over and her retirement is probably something she is probably no longer eligible for so that doesn't seem to be it.

Revenge: Someone above her at work? Jails and prisons in general? Someone out to get Casey White or someone she and Casey are out to get?

Money: I suppose this is a possibility if Casey has some (but who would trust a con not to con them?) or if someone else wanted Casey out and that person pays well. (But is that guy really THAT important?) Who were police looking into for the murder Casey recently confessed to? Maybe that guy pays well to have the spotlight not on him?

Threat to reputation: Maybe she was up to no good and whatever that was would do more harm (she felt) to her reputation than this is/will?

Fame: Sometimes people are willing to have their 15 minutes of fame be for bad or ridiculously stupid things

Any other guesses for motivations?

No guesses, but a couple of comments:

I haven’t heard anything that’d make me think that ‘love’ is ruled out at all, as long as we put the quotes around it.

As far as threat to reputation, if he were blackmailing her about something really bad, then maybe she’d be a really bad person. In that case, a practical solution to her blackmail problem would be to string him along, and arrange a legit court appearance, but one where she’s alone with him. Arrive at the courthouse, check to make sure no one’s really close to you, stumble close to him, scream and start shooting. Tell everyone that he grabbed you and was going to try to take the gun away. I know I’m just writing fiction, but I think it makes more sense than what she did do.

I think it was ‘love.’

CW's mother speaks.

He was facing murder charges after confessing to the stabbing death of Connie Ridgeway, 58.

His mother claimed he copped to that crime to get a change of scenery at the rural county jail.

“The only reason he came out to Lauderdale County was to get out of the prison he was in,” she said.

“He wrote a letter to say that he murdered that woman. But he didn’t really murder her, he just done that to get back up here.

“He just wanted to be out of that prison because it was so bad and there was no food.”

Escaped Alabama inmate Casey White is ‘not a monster,’ mom says
The pen pal thing could be the missing piece to explain how she grew so attached to him…if it was her.

Not that it would be a very trustworthy source, but it would still be interesting to know what the other current prisoners have to say about VW. I wish local reporters would speak to as many of them as possible.

Unless he's had nothing to do while sitting in jail but to plan how to get of of there

This is how I see it, as well.

He's been trouble all his adult life, while Vicky allegedly has always been upstanding. Something made her crack, or maybe she hasn't been as wholesome as she appeared until now.

There has to be a motivation for each of them. People do wild things when they see the reward as worth the risk.

IMO his motivation is dual: he wants to be out of jail or prison. Also, I believe that the powerful emotion guiding him is his stated desire to kill his ex-girlfriend if he gets out of jail. I think he did sit around while locked up, pondering how he can get out to achieve this goal that consumes him.

Then he sees this single, middle-aged, female corrections officer around. Well, he's a con artist who hasn't hesitated to hurt people in the past. Maybe she seems to be looking at him a lot, maybe not, but somewhere along the way he caught on that she could be manipulated with some male attention. So he gives it to her. But to him she's just a conduit to his escape.

Her motivation had to also overwhelm her enough to make her throw aside everything she knew to pursue a future with CW. He must have persuaded her that they'd live happily ever after once she got him out into the world.

If before the jailbreak they have had a "romantic" but not sexual relationship, then she may have been dreaming of life with him where they could consummate their relationship. If they DID have some broom closet encounters, how did they manage that with cameras all around? ( I ask rhetorically; we can see how lax security procedures were at that jail).

It's pitiful that he manipulated her enough to facilitate what I see as a desire to kill the ex-girlfriend, and to get out of jail free.

But I have no respect for a senior corrections officer who could allow herself to be so manipulated.

For her mother's sake, and for her nephew's sake (so she must have a sibling, after all) I hope he hasn't already finished Vicky off.

Jmo

ETA: as to the aspect of him blackmailing her, how would that be possible unless she was already sidling up to him somehow? That would suggest she confided her darkest secrets to this prisoner. If she had done something that was known by others, he couldn't have blackmailed her since whatever she'd done was already known. Hence she would have had to share it with him and him alone. Which would already have been very, very stupid on her part.

Last edited:
This is how I see it, as well.

He's been trouble all his adult life, while Vicky allegedly has always been upstanding. Something made her crack, or maybe she hasn't been as wholesome as she appeared until now.

There has to be a motivation for each of them. People do wild things when they see the reward as worth the risk.

IMO his motivation is dual: he wants to be out of jail or prison. Also, I believe that the powerful emotion guiding him is his stated desire to kill his ex-girlfriend if he gets out of jail. I think he did sit around while locked up, pondering how he can get out to achieve this goal that consumes him.

Then he sees this single, middle-aged, female corrections officer around. Well, he's a con artist who hasn't hesitated to hurt people in the past. Maybe she seems to be looking at him a lot, maybe not, but somewhere along the way he caught on that she could be manipulated with some male attention. So he gives it to her. But to him she's just a conduit to his escape.

Her motivation had to also overwhelm her enough to make her throw aside everything she knew to pursue a future with CW. He must have persuaded her that they'd live happily ever after once she got him out into the world.

If before the jailbreak they have had a "romantic" but not sexual relationship, then she may have been dreaming of life with him where they could consummate their relationship. If they DID have some broom closet encounters, how did they manage that with cameras all around? ( I ask rhetorically; we can see how lax security procedures were at that jail).

It's pitiful that he manipulated her enough to facilitate what I see as a desire to kill the ex-girlfriend, and to get out of jail free.

But I have no respect for a senior corrections officer who could allow herself to be so manipulated.

For her mother's sake, and for her nephew's sake (so she must have a sibling, after all) I hope he hasn't already finished Vicky off.

Jmo
I see where you’re going with this and buy into some of the same ideas. But I think bc his crimes were emotionally charged, if he were consumed with getting out to kill his ex, he wouldn’t take kindly to going underground but would head straight there without too much concern of being caught on camera. That’s why I think he’s a player, for sure, but not the mastermind of the escape plan.

Last edited:
Another lesser possibility that might be more congruent with who she has been these last couple decades is that in some backward way, VW thinks she is actually doing the right thing by freeing him. Either because she knows firsthand of ethics violations that led to his hefty sentence or she otherwise has the impression that the system has done him wrong (even if she’s incorrect).

Remember, one of the guys who negotiated CW out of a field after a crime spree was a guy CW asked for by name and also a guy who was later convicted of violations and sentenced to 3 years (but is currently out on appeal).

I respect your point.:) Even if he had 20 years to sit and think about it, though, I still don’t see it. I read and watched videos from some of his earlier run-ins with the law and I just don’t see mastermind no matter how you cut it.

Emotionally manipulative, yes. Violent and threatening, yes. Orchestrating multi-step covert plan and having the discipline to carry it out? My money is on her for now.
I agree. He's no mastermind. However, IMO he is manipulative. That's what I meant by "planning". I think the plan involved manipulating VW into helping him. I have no doubt she put the plan together & into action.

What might HE have promised HER in return? He needed her to help him escape. But what did she need from him?

Perhaps he promised to take care of her. Seems she's been the one to take care of others, i.e. her ex up until he died in January. Perhaps her mom. Has anyone offered the same to her (in her mind at least)?

Au contraire, she needs to be important to someone, and to continue being that caregiver..offering something no one else (in her mind) can provide. All jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether