Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been discussed quite a few times. It’s where he shot the woman through the car in addition to other things. I’ll try to find the links for you when I have a second!
That's okay, I got it. His crime spree apparently started in Limestone County, Al where his ex-girlfriend lived, continued on to some other horrors "north" (which must have been Giles Country, Tennessee) then back south to Limestone County again, where he held the guns to his own head etc. My source just did not mention Giles County but only said he "drove north." So that's what threw me. o_O

I knew of two women in good positions in Correctional Services of Canada who got involved with inmates and quit their job to do so. Although the scenario was different and it was plans made after the inmates were released, the outcome was not pleasant for either women. One had the inmate move in with her and ended up beaten very badly by him and the other one lost it when her inmate boyfriend continued his past criminal activities and brought her down with him. I think considering the differences in background, education and values and beliefs, things are not going to work out for the Whites. Hopefully, he spares her life.
Being from Kentucky with a sister in Nashville and my mom living 10 years in Franklin, TN till her death....the difference in these two is not that extreme. Generally for rural south everybody knows each other, no one really has any advanced education, and a life of crime and LE/Jailer/Service Staff/Maintenance work are the only jobs. I'm pretty sure their "beliefs" and values are somewhat in line. I think there chief difference is a propensity for violence and that's it. Something that the fantasized romance myth of Beauty soothing the savage beast VW could have embraced.

@SherryLock

Hey Sherry. I took some time to find some of the links we discussed. If it ever seems too overwhelming to stay up on posts and you see something referenced, one tip is to Google the key term you see others referencing (in this case “Giles County, Tennessee” and “Casey White.”) It returns dozens of hits immediately and can save everyone the trouble of digging.

The source I have here says Limestone County, Alabama. I have not seen anything about Giles County, Tennessee. ?

Someone else posted that when he fled, it was going up I-65 in a hijacked semi (or something similar). That stopping point-standoff was in Giles County TN.

The people who live in Appalachia are very suspicious of outsiders and strangers. It's not so remote that no one would ever see them at some point. There are also a lot of tourists visiting now so it would actually not be a place where they could hide out long term without being noticed.

They may be hiding in a friend's basement somewhere. It's possible they are in a big city like NYC where they can get lost in the crowds or they hightailed it to Mexico, Brazil or the Caribbean.....specifically Cuba. Maybe they plan to have cosmetic surgery in Mexico or Brazil to change their appearance permanently. So many possibilities.....

That's okay, I got it. His crime spree apparently started in Limestone County, Al where his ex-girlfriend lived, continued on to some other horrors "north" (which must have been Giles Country, Tennessee) then back south to Limestone County again, where he held the guns to his own head etc. My source just did not mention Giles County but only said he "drove north." o_O
Never mind my other post then. Glad you found it.

I wonder if they need the owner's permission to use the tool that opens the car door when it is locked and there are no keys. When they first came upon the car, the towing company didn't know what the situation was with this abandoned car. There are probably liability issues if they open a locked car without the owner's permission, or the permission of LE.

My post, trivial as it was, was actually made in reaction to people who seemed to think that LE themselves wouldn’t have any way to know if the car was in running order. ‘Because they didn’t have the key.’ :(

Someone else posted that when he fled, it was going up I-65 in a hijacked semi (or something similar). That stopping point-standoff was in Giles County TN.
Great memory. He tried to hijack a semi and failed when the guy crawled into the sleeper cab.;) Then be shot up a woman’s car and hit her leg when she refused to get out. Nice guy.

I don’t know much about this area. Would you say they would be at risk of being robbed there, given how much money they’re alleged to be potentially carrying?

I mean, I suppose they could potentially be robbed anywhere if someone figured out they were carrying a large amount of cash or gift cards. I've never felt particularly unsafe in the Mojave Desert, but like Whitelilac says, it is known for miscreants. I suspect they'll be found somewhere much closer to Alabama.

The people who live in Appalachia are very suspicious of outsiders and strangers. It's not so remote that no one would ever see them at some point. There are also a lot of tourists visiting now so it would actually not be a place where they could hide out long term without being noticed.

They may be hiding in a friend's basement somewhere. It's possible they are in a big city like NYC where they can get lost in the crowds or they hightailed it to Mexico, Brazil or the Caribbean.....specifically Cuba. Maybe they plan to have cosmetic surgery in Mexico or Brazil to change their appearance permanently. So many possibilities.....
I can see the friend's basement as a possibility.

I'm in NYC and it's possible that people could overlook them, but that's because many people are not news junkies like me, or true crime buffs like all of us. If I saw anyone resembling them, or that I thought was them in disguise, I would notice and call in a tip. But I know 1,000 people who wouldn't be following this case at all and wouldn't pay any attention.

As to Cuba, Mexico or Brazil--- I don't see it. Unless one of them is fluent in Spanish or Portuguese, they wouldn't be able to manage and they'd be very conspicuous. Plus you need a passport or Enhanced ID to drive into Mexico. You'd need a passport for the other countries, except for the American Caribbean islands.

As to cosmetic surgery to alter their appearance--what would he do about his height? I sincerely doubt he'd have his legs amputated. His height probably was his ace in the hole when he wanted to be threatening, but it may be the bane of his existence now.

Jmo

I'm in NYC and it's possible that people could overlook them, but that's because many people are not news junkies like me, or true crime buffs like all of us. If I saw anyone resembling them, or that I thought was them in disguise, I would notice and call in a tip. But I know 1,000 people who wouldn't be following this case at all and wouldn't pay any attention.

As to Cuba, Mexico or Brazil--- I don't see it. Unless one of them is fluent in Spanish or Portuguese, they wouldn't be able to manage and they'd be very conspicuous. Plus you need a passport or Enhanced ID to drive into Mexico. You'd need a passport for the other countries, except for the American Caribbean islands.

As to cosmetic surgery to alter their appearance--what would he do about his height? I sincerely doubt he'd have his legs amputated. His height probably was his ace in the hole when he wanted to be threatening, but it may be the bane of his existence now.

Jmo
Would take forever to cover those tattoos too.

SBM...

Jmo
Agreed, They would stand out like a sore thumb in MX...but people in the US enclaves don't dig into people's past. However, pretty sure this has hit the news and FB groups south of the border.

Sorry to put you through all that work!
No worries.

I think most of the time if we just explain that we haven’t been able to keep up and don’t understand something, people are happy to answer our questions. I know I am.

When I haven’t seen what others are talking about, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and approach it with the possibility that I might have missed something since so many others are accepting the item as fact. People like to help from that angle, I’ve found. And then I also save face when inevitably people flood me with links and I can see that they weren’t actually vague or speculating or not sourcing their material.

I hope I don’t offend anyone, but they probably stopped often to use that sexy lingerie! He’s been locked up for years. MOO they aren’t out of country. Laying low partying for a few days.
The lingerie along with the sex toys she bought have been made public knowledge. It’s just something else she will be known for in this story of stories. Trust me, your tact is appreciated as they both are being massacred elsewhere on social media.

No worries.

I think most of the time if we just explain that we haven’t been able to keep up and don’t understand something, people are happy to answer our questions. I know I am.

When I haven’t seen what others are talking about, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and approach it with the possibility that I might have missed something since so many others are accepting the item as fact. People like to help from that angle, I’ve found. And then I also save face when inevitably people flood me with links and I can see that they weren’t actually vague or speculating or not sourcing their material.
Good advice for all of us to remember! Thanks!!

Jmo
IMO if they needed supplies, etc., he’d be the one to stay behind, under cover. VW is pretty nondescript and would have an easier time using a disguise. And in my personal experience as a middle aged woman, we are much easier to overlook than a giant man with an intense stare and multiple tattoos!

No worries.

Thanks, George. I've been around here long enough to pretty much know how things go here. As I said, I had simply heard the crime spree always mentioned as Limestone County, AL where most of it occurred, so I was just a bit thrown by the whole crime spree being described by the leg of it that was in Giles County, Tennessee. A minor point though, and no biggie. I really did not expect you to "dig up" all those sources lol. Also, welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member