Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for romantic and sexual prison affairs -

I myself have no experience with working in LE in any capacity, so I am not speaking from that viewpoint of knowing the prison system. However, I did have a relative (female, late 50s at the time) who was employed at a well-known state prison (not as a CO, but within the prison working with inmates), and began a sexual, and subsequently romantic, affair with a very, very young prisoner (I'm talking barely legal). When it was discovered, thank God, she was immediately fired; however, from what everyone I have talked to has said about the situation, it is not uncommon for things of that nature to happen. She never snuck him out, but the point stands...JMO.

I doubt they are out of the country. Yes there are a fair amount of American retired expats in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, but it would not be easy for a fugitive couple that isn't experienced. Even in those places you have to cough up your passport for something once a month. $90K is not a lot of money to be living on and bribing. Fugitives go, if able with the familiar. It is probably safer in the US for them.
And really I doubt there is a "them." Unfortunately for the corrections officer, the escaped con has both a history of severe violence toward women AND several perfectly rational reasons to kill her. Among the latter would be that that the height difference alone makes them stand out as a couple, and 90K will last considerably longer for one person.

Yeah, I agree she's definitely in danger.

As for where precisely they are or what their mode of escape was after they abandoned the Ford Edge, I don't really have strong opinions beyond believing that (1) they had a specific plan in mind and (2) they're somewhere in the United States, probably the Southeast. I can see good arguments both for and against them being in an RV and both for and against them having outside help from another person. I'm not totally sure I believe the idea of them taking a hostage, but given absence of evidence, anything is certainly possible.

That's what they should've used the spray paint for... :cool:

As for hiding his height, people have speculated maybe he's using a wheelchair but others have pointed out how hard that would be for her, not to mention where to access a wheelchair in the first place.

But you know what's much easier? Crutches! Most people kinda slouch when they use them, and while he'd still be tall, of course, it would put him more in that "commonly tall" category that lots of people fall into. And he can maneuver himself so it doesn't become a burden for her.

One more thought for all the newbies on the thread. Many larger cases end up with a media-only thread, no discussion allowed there, but all the news articles, LE statements, etc all in one place. If you come in late to a story and want to catch up without taking the time to read everyone's comments, read the media thread first.

When there is a media thread, it will be linked on the first page of each thread for that case. The media thread for this case is AL - AL - Casey White & Vicky Sue White, Lauderdale, MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
LOL spray paint to cover the tattoos...come to think of it, he could have disguised himself as the Jolly Green Giant with that green paint.

or...The Hulk. That would scare the carp out of anyone who approached them.

Yeah, I agree she's definitely in danger.

As for where precisely they are or what their mode of escape was after they abandoned the Ford Edge, I don't really have strong opinions beyond believing that (1) they had a specific plan in mind and (2) they're somewhere in the United States, probably the Southeast. I can see good arguments both for and against them being in an RV and both for and against them having outside help from another person. I'm not totally sure I believe the idea of them taking a hostage, but given absence of evidence, anything is certainly possible.
i think you are right. Although we should keep in mind that while they may have had a specific plan, that doesn't preclude their plan from being idiotic, or one having a plan, the other was not in on (killing her at first opportunity).

It was idiotic for her to buy a burnt orange car. it is visually distinct and I doubt more than one out of two hundred cars.

I agree about the Southeast. People go with the familiar. I think an RV would be a bad choice, but that also doesn't preclude it from being a plan they made.

I keep thinking carjacking because of how the SUV was left in the road, like a vehicle approached and they suddenly thought "let's take that vehicle". Not likely to end well for the innocent driver.

But it also seems possible that they stole a vehicle from one of the nearby homes, without harming anyone. Maybe occupants weren't even home at the time.

Or stole a vehicle earlier, drove both vehicles into rural area, transferred everything out of SUV and proceeded on.

Hopefully LE has all stolen vehicles reports from the general area on alert in case one turns out to be them.
The reason why carjacking is skyrocketing (aside from this being laxly prosecuted) is that modern cars, as in ones made in the last 15-20 years, are hard for an amateur to steal due to tech in the keys. It is way easier to surprise someone and carjack their car. The fact that we don't have authorities telling us, or even leaking, that someone reported a couple meeting the description carjacked a car in the vicinity of the abandoned burnt orange car, tells us things don't look good for the driver of a possibly carjacked vehicle.

if they had brains they would get out of that ridiculously conspicuous one in 200, burnt orange car and are in a basic boring black,white or silver suv of which there are millions in any region of the country.

With a huge network of his drug dealing white supremacist gang on the outside, they could have plenty of help on the outside with concealment abt anywhere in the nation but especially in deep supremacist areas.They may have decided to make tons of cash w/drug dealing far away from Alabama where news of their jailbreak isn't carried on local non-cable TV & but also where they'd be legendary heroes if ppl did know of them. Was VW known to follow news? Did her mother watch cable news networks? What shows were they known to favor?
Long term prisoners of every ethnicity tend to belong to gangs in prison, and those gangs are overwhelmingly white-identity, black identity or Hispanic identity. It really doesn't mean much since it is so common among all groups in prison. It is just a side effect of violence within prisons and better survival chances by being members of a group. We call the white groups supremacist, but we don't call MS-13, Latin Kings, or Crips or Bloods "supremist when in fact you are not getting in MS13 if you are Irish decent. The major gangs in the US are all ethnicity based, and have been even 100 years ago with Irish, Italian, African American and even Jewish gangs (I had a great great great uncle in one!)
I seriously doubt anyone would help these people, they are too hot/noticeable. I actually think if they got in touch with any of his ex-con buddies they would kill him for the widely publicized $90K in cash.

IMO MOO

Could it be possible that…

1 - VW planned for a handsomely compensated accomplice to drive the orange SUV North from the shopping center location (and abandon it as was done) to serve as a red herring (as many here have speculated that is what that car is, a decoy)?

2 - Then she planned for a boat launch somewhere along the Tennessee River as a means to escape undetected with her 7 foot companion in the first few hours of her plan?

For example, I noticed the Quality Inn and shopping center where she swapped cars is right by the river. There is a marina and boat ramp about 10 minutes East from that location called Turtle Point.

[ETA: There is actually a Waterfront Marina and Public Boat Launch along the 72 highway heading East from the shopping center before the Turtle Point Marina. It is closer and also gives direct access to the Tennessee River. I attached a map.]

WHAT IF she bought a boat and planned to travel East along the Tennesse River until a point where they reached another marina. I don’t know where that would be exactly, but it seems one could travel in this manner along that river until Guntersville.

This method of escape would have bought them some time off the roads IF their plan had been discovered much sooner and LE was on the lookout for them.

VW could have made arrangements to have a 2nd getaway vehicle at a destination marina along the river. The boat could have been abandoned and nestled among other boats.
Then they could have gotten on the road South towards the Gulf. To get from Guntersville to Pensacola, FL is only about a 5hr drive.

With the time they bought themselves with the decoy, once reaching the coastal cities, they could have chartered a boat into Mexico or even headed further South into Florida and chartered a boat from there to an island destination.

Similarly, they could have eventually ditched the boat along the Tennessee River and continued heading East towards the Carolinas or Georgia coastlines in a vehicle. The driving distance is only about 7 hrs from Guntersville. Once again, the options open up to get to their destination by sea from there.

I find the detail that VW was very adamant about wanting to retire at a beach a very important detail in her planning. If she’s expecting a ‘go out in a blaze’ ending to her criminal life, then I think she definitely planned to live her last days with her toes in the sand and that is the direction she headed.

This is just all MOO IMO of course. I don’t know how plausible any of this is not knowing the area. I’m just tossing out possibilities of VW and CW’s escape plan as I sleuth.

Attachments

• 2B82CAE3-4B69-4160-9D5A-DCF359F2C5AF.jpeg
    2B82CAE3-4B69-4160-9D5A-DCF359F2C5AF.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Vicky is in an incredibly precarious position right now.
Vicky certainly is in a precarious position right now if she’s still alive. But if she deliberately and without coercion enabled CW to escape, she has put anyone he comes in contact with in extreme danger. I don’t want harm to come to her, but I’m very concerned about innocent bystanders who end up in CW’s way, probably thanks to her.
JMO

As for romantic and sexual prison affairs -

I myself have no experience with working in LE in any capacity, so I am not speaking from that viewpoint of knowing the prison system. However, I did have a relative (female, late 50s at the time) who was employed at a well-known state prison (not as a CO, but within the prison working with inmates), and began a sexual, and subsequently romantic, affair with a very, very young prisoner (I'm talking barely legal). When it was discovered, thank God, she was immediately fired; however, from what everyone I have talked to has said about the situation, it is not uncommon for things of that nature to happen. She never snuck him out, but the point stands...JMO.

This reminds me of my cousin, who volunteered at a local prison near her home to teach creative writing to male inmates. She is now in her mid-80’s and this was maybe 20 years ago. There was one prisoner in particular who showed great promise as a writer. I remember she mentioned him by name in her annual Christmas missives and mentored him. She was extremely upset when the prison abruptly ended her volunteer writing program. She no longer had access to this prisoner. I suspect the prison saw that they had become good friends and decided to take precautions. I doubt there was anything but an intellectual relationship, but If she became convinced that he had been unjustly convicted, I can imagine that she might be persuaded to naively plot his escape. She can be pretty single-minded. The fact that she portrayed this as grossly unfair of the prison tells me that she wasn’t being reasonable. This sort of thing definitely happens, and it’s often someone you’d never suspect like my cousin.

Hi Bestill, I found that link by searching the address in Goggle trying to get photos of the inside. I was happy to see that the auction house put interior photos on their page.
I apologize I thought I put the link in the post.

I was also wondering why there is a padlock on the large building next to the garage.

Interior photos and exterior.
Thank You for the link, @Thora_Jay , and it's great to have your informed take on this case JMO MOO

Yes. Or at least I haven’t heard otherwise. Which I guess means she could theoretically use it to appear to be Law Enforcement if she got in a pinch or needed special treatment, especially if she disguised her hair. Like let’s say her car did break down…and someone comes by and she flashes her badge and presents herself as LE. Maybe not likely bc that carries risk but it could be in her bag of tricks.
Will that work now for Vicky? There is more and more media coverage about this case; people are becoming increasingly aware of the pair...and that Vicky had a career in LE.

If she DID attempt to use her LE badge and were in disguise, would she have another name plate (different from White) attached to her uniform?

Just thinking here. MOO.

If Casey can chill and let Vicky help him, I can see them staying off the radar for quite some time. However, with no meds for Casey, his propensity for meth, and his impulsive violent behaviour, Vicky hasn’t got a hope in Hell in getting out alive. Casey will implode at some point. It’s inevitable, and that’s when he’ll come up for air and get caught.

I truly wonder what she thought her life would be like with this guy. I am blown away that she could throw her entire life away on this loser.

MOO
I agree 100% that if this pair slips up, it will be Casey causing this thing to unravel.

Yup, it's the escape too obviously, especially considering how dangerous this guy is.

I imagine that relationships like this are far more common than we know, yet they almost never end like this.

Then you have the additional oddities that she was so close to retirement, and also went on the run with him.

Joyce Mitchell facilitated that escape, but she wisely decided not to go with them. Vicky is in an incredibly precarious position right now.
Yes, VW is definitely in danger:

She could be killed at the hands of CW or LE, or she could wind up imprisoned for decades.

It makes you wonder if she may have been in some sort of menopausal psychosis.

I did have a female family member who had a master’s degree and was a professional who worked with addicts, go through menopause with psychotic symptoms. She became romantically involved with a 29 year old addict— lost her career and her marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB