Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle to understand how VW made all of these arrangements over a period of months, most likely, and stayed in a hotel overnight etc. and her mother didn't notice her absences? Especially as the days counted down. MOO MOO MOO
Maybe VW was taking sick time or vacation days but then pretending to her mom that she was still going to work every day, when she was really out running these errands?

And that’s not counting all the other charges!!

It would depend on how they stacked em: concurrent or consecutive?

Absent CW going off and killing someone, I don't imagine any of VW's state charges would be for more than a 10 year term individually. if they were sentenced to be served concurrently, she'd still be out in 3 years and change.

If the Feds decide to hit her with charges, it's a different ballgame. Good time credit maxes out at 15% in the Federal system--so you have to serve at least 85% of your Federal sentence. And of course there is no parole in the Federal system. I think Federal weapons charges would probably the most serious with the longest actual time served VW might end up facing at this point, assuming no other crimes committed while on the run.

They could both prosecute her and make her serve one after the other, that'd lead to the greatest time served in prison.

It would depend on how they stacked em: concurrent or consecutive?

Absent CW going off and killing someone, I don't imagine any of VW's state charges would be for more than a 10 year term individually. if there were sentenced to be served concurrently, she'd still be out in 3 years and change.

If the Feds decide to hit her with charges, it's a different ballgame. Good time credit maxes out at 15% in the Federal system--so you have to serve at least 85% of your Federal sentence. And of course there is no parole in the Federal system. I think Federal weapons charges would probably the most serious with the longest actual time served VW might end up facing at this point, assuming no other crimes committed while on the run.

They could both prosecute her and make her serve one after the other, that'd lead to the greatest time served in prison.
Good point on consecutive and concurrent. And credits. We’ll see!

The warrant issued for VW charges her with

Permitting or facilitating escape in the first degree.​

Permitting of facilitating escape in the first degree is a Class C felony in Alabama.

The standard sentence for a Class C felony in Alabama is a term between 366 days and 10 years

Alabama. like most states, has generous good time credits. which means that in actuality even if VW were sentenced to the max of 10 years she'd be out in about 3 years:

View attachment 343070
I would guess they would apply the firearm enhancement to that charge which is a sentence of no LESS than 10 years. JMO IANAL
There will be many charges stacked on top of that. Federal charges. Federal prison.

For a Class B or C felony where a firearm or deadly weapon was used or attempted to be used in the commission of the felony the sentence cannot be for less than 10 years. This is called the “gun enhancement” or “firearm enhancement” to this felony sentencing provision.

Good question. Not a legal expert, but I think they could get her on a lot of charges. The escape. Forgery of gov docs (about the alleged mental evaluation). Using her patrol car. False IDs. Stealing her prison issued firearm. Giving a convicted felon access to a firearm.

Has it been reported in MSM that VW stole her prison issued firearm? I thought I read that she left her work firearm, radio, handcuffs, etc. in her patrol care, and read that she had purchased two firearms for herself at some point. She may have bought those firearms legally in her actual name, not sure when she bought them, I don't think that was reported in MSM.

With regard to charges of providing access to a firearm for a convicted felon, I wonder if she claimed that the firearms were in the trunk of the car and she had the key, or that in their residence (whatever that turns out to be - an RV or cabin, etc.) that she had it locked up, would the charge of providing access to a firearm for a felon still stick? Probably. I think you can have a firearm in your home to protect yourself even if you live with a convicted felon, but perhaps you have to register that fact with local LE and make sure it stays locked up with no access by the felon. Again, it would be great if an attorney joined us on here, maybe @Kristin Esq. would be interested in joining us? She's being incredibly helpful on other forums that many of us are following.

I have wondered if her “appointment” the day of the escape was to try to get medication prescriptions before they left. It doesn’t really fit what we know now though.
Could be, but I think it was also to buy time before their fleeing would be detected. It seems to have bought them 6 hours (before jail officials realized something was amiss).

I agree with those who believe they are at a nice rental. Some of those remote vacation cabins, you never see the owner. You book online with a credit card and you need an email address and that’s about it. I’m gonna be stubborn about a beach area though, even though it’s likely I’m wrong. She is addicted to tanning. It’s actually a real thing—tanning releases dopamine or whatever. That’s why there’s UV therapy for people in cloudy climates. Her goal HAD to have been a sunny place. Not a cabin covered in trees and plenty of bugs. Now maybe she didn’t reach her goal. That’s definitely possible. But it would be very easy for her to blend in at the beach as long as they got a rental house not close to other rental houses, and as long as she wears a swimsuit and a floppy big hat and sunglasses. I’m worried about her distinctive teeth/smile but other than that, nobody is gonna know. Even for him…. If he grew his hair nicely and shaved his face and wore something stylish to cover his tats he might be able to venture out on his own once in awhile. This all just depends on how well they planned everything and how bold they are to be in public. Hey maybe they are stuck in the woods together but if so, I see a murder-suicide in 3…2…1…

I believe the fact that she was on duty, in uniform, using the patrol car, and acting as co-administrator of the jail puts her up against serious charges from the get go.

Official misconduct and dereliction of duty are understatements here, IMO.

She lied about where they were going, as well as violated protocol and breached security.

Then add to this that she took a dangerous criminal out and across state lines, gave him access to guns, exposed the general public to danger. I’m seeing decades behind bars.

Would they be able to prove that VW took a dangerous criminal across state lines, or would her attorney argue that he made her drive over state lines, either holding a weapon (firearm or knife, for example) or threating her or her family with bodily harm?

At this stage, if she was captured or turned herself in, I don't think she would be facing decades behind bars. I think 10 years or less, out on good behavior in a few years and on parole. Her mother should get that information from a good defense lawyer and make a public plea for VW to turn herself in before there are additional charges and it gets worse. JMO.

Has it been reported in MSM that VW stole her prison issued firearm? I thought I read that she left her work firearm, radio, handcuffs, etc. in her patrol care, and read that she had purchased two firearms for herself at some point. She may have bought those firearms legally in her actual name, not sure when she bought them, I don't think that was reported in MSM.

With regard to charges of providing access to a firearm for a convicted felon, I wonder if she claimed that the firearms were in the trunk of the car and she had the key, or that in their residence (whatever that turns out to be - an RV or cabin, etc.) that she had it locked up, would the charge of providing access to a firearm for a felon still stick? Probably. I think you can have a firearm in your home to protect yourself even if you live with a convicted felon, but perhaps you have to register that fact with local LE and make sure it stays locked up with no access by the felon. Again, it would be great if an attorney joined us on here, maybe @Kristin Esq. would be interested in joining us? She's being incredibly helpful on other forums that many of us are following.

I haven’t seen any mention of her leaving behind her work-firearm. (Radio and handcuffs, yes.) In fact, I think that the very first reports said that, since she had a handgun, we could assume that he was armed. (And those reports were well before we heard that she’d bought extra weapons.)

Great points! A really thorough fingerprint testing throughout that vehicle is a must!
I'm missing the importance of fingerprinting the car.

His fingerprints are already on file. I'm pretty sure hers are, too, as a state employee. I don't know Alabama but here in NY we are fingerprinted as part of getting our teacher's license, just to be sure we don't have criminal records. I'm guessing no one could work in a prison without their fingerprints on file, as well.

What purpose would it serve, then, to test for fingerprints in the car? We already know they were in it. I can see if it's necessary to look for a possible third party who helped them, but it's a used car. Probably has prints from a former owner, from any mechanics, and from the dealer.

Otherwise I'm not catching on to the significance.

Also, I agree with those who ignore what Casey's lawyer has to say about Vicky. He's Casey's defense lawyer; he's defending him.

Jmo

The warrant issued for VW charges her with

Permitting or facilitating escape in the first degree.​

Permitting of facilitating escape in the first degree is a Class C felony in Alabama.

The standard sentence for a Class C felony in Alabama is a term between 366 days and 10 years

Alabama. like most states, has generous good time credits. which means that in actuality even if VW were sentenced to the max of 10 years she'd be out in about 3 years:

View attachment 343070
There will be many serious additional charges.

I have to believe that LE is checking all surveillance cameras that might capture the orange car en route to the road where it was abandoned. And that they are asking property owners along that road if they have doorbell cams or trail cams that might’ve captured the two. To me, this is the most likely lead that could be uncovered outside of a sighting.

Really hope they come out today and at least confirm that—for sure—the car was dropped by CW and VW and not another party. And whether the orange car was followed by another vehicle (maybe driven by CW) that picked up VW when the orange car was left behind. Also, if not, I hope they give us any info they might have about whether the two walked up the street or into the woods or if another vehicle picked them up.

I know there are strategic reasons for withholding info sometimes (like not tipping VW off so they switch cars a third time), but I tend to think mobilizing the public is the only way they get a sighting. If they know anything about the second vehicle or which direction it went, now is the time to put the whole nation on it imho.

It would have been risky for her to have purchased a second vehicle and placed the two fairly close together, but they did have a head start before anyone knew they were missing. If that did happen, both could have driven vehicles up into Tennessee. The second vehicle might need to be somewhat larger to make him less conspicuous.

Two vehicles close together would have eliminated the need for long distance transportation back to Alabama after staging the second car — and the risk of parking a car in TN for a bit. But again, risky, so probably not valid.

I doubt the orange car broke down, because it would be a stretch to think it gave out on them in a somewhat secluded area. I believe it was a preplanned dump and that both drove to that location and then took off in the same car.

If she did buy two vehicles (no matter where the second was parked) they probably know about it now but are not releasing the information to the public.

They likely had to stop someplace for her to dye her hair darker, which I believe she did unless she’s wearing a wig. Darker and shorter. Like that, she can move around pretty much unnoticed because she looks so different. He would have to stay hidden because of his size.

JMO

I would guess they would apply the firearm enhancement to that charge which is a sentence of no LESS than 10 years. JMO IANAL
There will be many charges stacked on top of that. Federal charges. Federal prison.

For a Class B or C felony where a firearm or deadly weapon was used or attempted to be used in the commission of the felony the sentence cannot be for less than 10 years. This is called the “gun enhancement” or “firearm enhancement” to this felony sentencing provision.

I don't think VW used a firearm in the commitment of a felony, as far as we know right now. She didn't use a firearm for the escape from jail, she didn't need to - she lied on documentation, made up the reason for leaving with CW. So I am not sure if a "firearm enhancement" charge would be added to her felony charge of 4th degree criminal facilitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper