Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen any mention of her leaving behind her work-firearm. (Radio and handcuffs, yes.) In fact, I think that the very first reports said that, since she had a handgun, we could assume that he was armed. (And those reports were well before we heard that she’d bought extra weapons.)

Let me go back and check.

I'm missing the importance of fingerprinting the car.

His fingerprints are already on file. I'm pretty sure hers are, too, as a state employee. I don't know Alabama but here in NY we are fingerprinted as part of getting our teacher's license, just to be sure we don't have criminal records. I'm guessing no one could work in a prison without their fingerprints on file, as well.

What purpose would it serve, then, to test for fingerprints in the car? We already know they were in it. I can see if it's necessary to look for a possible third party who helped them, but it's a used car. Probably has prints from a former owner, from any mechanics, and from the dealer.

Otherwise I'm not catching on to the significance.

Also, I agree with those who ignore what Casey's lawyer has to say about Vicky. He's Casey's defense lawyer; he's defending him.

Jmo
Yes we know VW's prints should be there, would be interested to know if (as would be likely) CW's prints are there, and the bigger question, arw there any other third or more parties prints, that may possibly generate a lead or two. Just like to confirm who all does have prints left in the car.

Joyce served five of her seven years and she didn’t even go on the run with them or give them weapons!

Joyce = New York State law, good time maxes out at 1/3rd or approx 67% your sentence term under NY law. 5 of 7 years would be around 72%. Probably she got some rule violations while in custody and lost out on a few good time credits.

VW would be under Alabama law. For every 30 days of good time served a prisoner in Alabama state prison earns 75 days of good time credit/sentence reduction. so 30/105 would be about 29%.

"Currently, [Alabama] prisoners who have been convicted of:

Class A felony,

convicted of a sex offense involving a minor,

or sentenced to more than 15 years

or death

are not eligible for good time."

Good to know that prisoners sentenced to death in Alabama are not eligible for good time credits.

So if VW somehow got convicted of a crime involving a 15 year or more sentence and sentenced to 15 or more years, she'd not be eligible for good time credits against that sentence. However, if I'm reading the Alabama parole rules correctly, she would be eligible to apply for parole after serving 1/3rd of her sentence or 10 years, whichever is less.

Last edited:
I would guess they would apply the firearm enhancement to that charge which is a sentence of no LESS than 10 years. JMO IANAL
There will be many charges stacked on top of that. Federal charges. Federal prison.

For a Class B or C felony where a firearm or deadly weapon was used or attempted to be used in the commission of the felony the sentence cannot be for less than 10 years. This is called the “gun enhancement” or “firearm enhancement” to this felony sentencing provision.
Excellent point. I had wondered about this. Would definitely apply in this case.

It would be interesting to see a list of actual possible charges against VW as of right now, and separating the federal from state charges, and what the sentencing guidelines are on those charges. And which charges are felony and which are not.

If VW bought the firearms legally, that wouldn't be a crime.

If she didn't use her fake ID's to commit bank fraud, so far (that we know of) she has just used them to purchase a used car, which is probably a crime, but not sure what the sentencing is on that. Maybe she used fake ID at the Quality Inn.

According to this article on Joyce Mitchell's sentencing, apparently criminal facilitation for Mitchell wasn't a felony charge since it was criminal facilitation in the 4th degree.

I suspect that if they are both captured soon they will have attorneys with very different narratives. CW's attorney is already trying to get ahead of the narrative in his interviews with MSM.

ETA I just saw the post that facilitating escape in Alabama is a Class C felony, so she could be sentenced anywhere from one year and a day to ten years for this.

Interesting that it is one year and a day - I wonder if a sentence over one year requires being sentenced to maximum security versus minimum security prison. Hence the addition of "one day."

ETA - also edited to add that Joyce Mitchell's charge of criminal facilitation was in the 4th degree, unlike VW who would probably be charged with criminal facilitation in the 1st degree, given her more active role in the jail escape and beyond.
Yes, in a lot of states, any sentence 365 days or less shall be served in the county jail where you were convicted. 366 would be the minimum sentence needed to be sent to a state prison. Most inmates would rather get the extra day so they can serve their time at a prison instead of a jail due to the overall better conditions, access to "amenities", etc.
This is my personal experience in the state of Missouri, but I know a lot of other states use those same guidelines.

Yes we know VW's prints should be there, would be interested to know if (as would be likely) CW's prints are there, and the bigger question, arw there any other third or more parties prints, that may possibly generate a lead or two. Just like to confirm who all does have prints left in the car.
I'm not sure that would be helpful. I'll bet there are many peoples prints in the car. It's a used car. Simply finding prints would not mean they were complicit in a crime IMO.

Yes, in a lot of states, any sentence 365 days or less shall be served in the county jail where you were convicted. 366 would be the minimum sentence needed to be sent to a state prison. Most inmates would rather get the extra day so they can serve their time at a prison instead of a jail due to the overall better conditions, access to "amenities", etc.
This is my personal experience in the state of Missouri, but I know a lot of other states use those same guidelines.
In North Carolina, it's 6 months or less=county jail time. 6 months+1 day=NCDOC

I'm not sure that would be helpful. I'll bet there are many peoples prints in the car. It's a used car. Simply finding prints would not mean they were complicit in a crime IMO.
True indeed, but at this stage of the game, I imagine the least of minutia is beginning to be analyzed for possible clues. Would be pretty standard crime scene detective work I imagine.

True indeed, but at this stage of the game, I imagine the least of minutia is beginning to be analyzed for possible clues. Would be pretty standard crime scene detective work I imagine.
I agree it's pretty standard so I'm assuming it's been done. Did I miss something saying that LE didn't dust the vehicle for prints? Honestly I've been unable to keep up here at times. Life gets in the way lol.

Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton has scheduled a press conference about the case for 2 p.m. Friday.

Let me go back and check.

U.S. Marshals Service releases images of fugitive murder suspect Casey White's white supremacist tattoos

In the past week, authorities have learned that Vicky White purchased an array of weapons, including an AR-15 rifle in January and a shotgun two weeks before the escape. They also believe she has a 9 mm handgun with her and have received reports she may also have a .45 caliber handgun, Keely said.

They haven't mentioned yet whether or not VW still has her work-issued firearm, maybe there is a reason they are not making this information available to the public. And as poster above noted, they haven't said whether or not the work firearm was found in the patrol car she abandoned. Just her radio, keys, and the handcuffs.

Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton has scheduled a press conference about the case for 2 p.m. Friday.

2 pm on Friday? Sounds like they aren't expecting to have them in custody by Friday, jeez.

Sheriff Singleton's day planner for Friday

2 PM -- press conference
3 PM to 6 PM -- nap

Last edited:
I agree with those who believe they are at a nice rental. Some of those remote vacation cabins, you never see the owner. You book online with a credit card and you need an email address and that’s about it. I’m gonna be stubborn about a beach area though, even though it’s likely I’m wrong. She is addicted to tanning. It’s actually a real thing—tanning releases dopamine or whatever. That’s why there’s UV therapy for people in cloudy climates. Her goal HAD to have been a sunny place. Not a cabin covered in trees and plenty of bugs. Now maybe she didn’t reach her goal. That’s definitely possible. But it would be very easy for her to blend in at the beach as long as they got a rental house not close to other rental houses, and as long as she wears a swimsuit and a floppy big hat and sunglasses. I’m worried about her distinctive teeth/smile but other than that, nobody is gonna know. Even for him…. If he grew his hair nicely and shaved his face and wore something stylish to cover his tats he might be able to venture out on his own once in awhile. This all just depends on how well they planned everything and how bold they are to be in public. Hey maybe they are stuck in the woods together but if so, I see a murder-suicide in 3…2…1…
I also wondered if he tanned up and grew out his hair and wore like athletic gear—like a full basketball warmup with an NBA hat—if he’d pass for kinda like the sport set. Put a whistle around his neck. Let him say he’s a coach of a Rec league. That sort of thing.

Last edited:
I agree it's pretty standard so I'm assuming it's been done. Did I miss something saying that LE didn't dust the vehicle for prints? Honestly I've been unable to keep up here at times. Life gets in the way lol.
I actually haven't heard or read much about forensic (including print evidence) analysis of the car yet. One would think it was gone over pretty well in a case like this.

Wait! We have to wait four more days before any kind of update?

A press conference was held at 3 pm this past Friday...that would be 2 pm in Lauderdale County. Are we sure the press conference referenced in this post wasn't referring to the one held last week?

I also wondered if he tanned up and grew out his hair and wore like athletic gear—like a full basketball warmup with an NBA hat—if he’d pass for kinda like the sport set. Put a whistle around his neck. Let him say he’s a coach of a Dec league. That sort of thing.
Basketball uniform is about the only viable disguise I can think of for Casey.....but even that can only go so far. Could work at times in certain settings. His #1 best defense, is to remain totally out of view. Vicky could do a little work and disguise up enough to where she could blend in unnoticed almost anywhere. Casey, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB