Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

According to the Vanderburgh County Sheriff, the police pursuit started when the couple was spotted near the sheriff’s office. A police pursuit began on Highway 41 that ended not long after in a rollover crash near Evansville Airport.

Casey White surrendered to police following the crash. Vicky White was transported to a hospital.

Sheriff Dave Wedding of Vanderburgh County Indiana confirmed Vicky White’s injuries were self-inflicted when she shot herself at some point during or at the end of the pursuit. Police said Vicky White is seriously injured.

Police said no law enforcement officials or citizens were hurt during the pursuit.

Sheriff Rick Singleton of Lauderdale County Alabama said there is no information to suggest anyone assisted Vicky White or Casey White in their escape.

Sheriff Wedding reported Vicky White as the driver of the Cadillac the fugitives were in at the time of the crash. Singleton had previously reported Casey White as the driver.

I so agree. This to me is the amazing part, that washing the car was deemed important enough to emerge from hiding....both of them.

A well-planned escape with not much thought in the end.

Or was it the motel owner who noticed them?

Still stupid of them to go to the car wash together. Either leave the car dirty or hand wash it yourselves.

She COULD HAVE and SHOULD HAVE retired and lived on the beach. I have no sympathy for her, though. She's not a teenager. And prison was her field---no excuse not to know that things would shake out this way.

IMO
Maybe they were at the car wash to steal another car and not to wash the truck. MOO

I think Casey turned himself in after she was shot.
Still not Convincerd it was by her own hand.
Casey walks away with all the power to build his narrative with her out of the way.
too convenient IMO

Gunshot residue test will definitely determine who fired the gun, but I see no reason to believe she did not shoot herself. She was the one with everything to lose by getting caught. For him, the worst thing is going back to jail, a place he was already used to being. I fully believe she shot herself, and in her mind, at least, death may have been a better option than being captured and prosecuted. JMO

Last edited:

From the link in the tweet:

Sheriff Wedding reported Vicky White as the driver of the Cadillac the fugitives were in at the time of the crash. Singleton had previously reported Casey White as the driver and the crashed vehicle as a Ford F-150.

Earlier on Monday, U.S. Marshals announced a pickup truck used by the fugitives had been found on May 3 abandoned in an Evansville car wash bay. It wasn’t brought to authorities’ attention until Sunday night.

Search for Alabama fugitives comes to an end in southern Indiana

She probably won’t live MOO. I believe they just took her to the hospital to get her off the scene while they informed family and processed the scene.

As this news was coming out, I wondered what DNR directives are in place (or not) regarding apprehending a fugitive?

Gunshot residue test will definitely determine who fired the gun, but I see no reason to believe she did not shoot herself. She was the one with everything to lose by getting caught. For him, the worst thing is going back to jail, a place he was already used to being. I fully believe she shot herself, and in hear mind, at least, death may have been a better option than being captured and prosecuted. JMO

I totally agree with your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members