Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicky suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head and has since been hospitalized, the U.S. Marshals Service confirmed to CBS News. Her condition is not yet clear.
TX. Wondered where that came from. This all happened in my neck of the woods so I was watching local news and the PC with the sheriff. They only reported she shot herself and was in serious condition. Gosh what a Mothers Day for her poor elderly mother. Cant imagine doing that to her.

Beairshelle Edmé

@newsladyB
·
34m

Officials say the Cadillac they were in had been rented since early May; authorities were able to spot it and Sheriff Dave Wedding says he “couldn’t believe they ever made it here” Short pursuit, both Casey & Vicky White are in custody.
@FOX59

(BBM)

Beairshelle Edmé
@newsladyB
·
34m

Officials say the Cadillac they were in had been rented since early May; authorities were able to spot it and Sheriff Dave Wedding says he “couldn’t believe they ever made it here” Short pursuit, both Casey & Vicky White are in custody.
@FOX59

(BBM)

Wait, what? Did Vicky rent the Cadillac? Or did they steal a vehicle someone else had rented?

With VW having serious injuries and shot herself in the head, I hope that they are able to get her mother to her bedside as quickly as possible so that she can be with her daughter at this time, in case VW doesn't make it.

Beairshelle Edmé
@newsladyB
·
34m

@FOX59

(BBM)
So it wasn't stolen then. Hey, when you're on the run from the law, may as well rent a Cadillac. :(

Beairshelle Edmé
@newsladyB
·
34m

@FOX59

(BBM)
So it wasn't stolen? Interesting! Probably rented in one of her alias names.

For the sake of public safety, I'm glad that they've been apprehended. If VW doesn't make it, I won't mourn her death but I certainly won't celebrate it either. Hopefully corrections officials in Alabama and other jurisdictions can learn from this case to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future.

I so agree. This to me is the amazing part, that washing the car was deemed important enough to emerge from hiding....both of them.

A well-planned escape with not much thought in the end.

Or was it the motel owner who noticed them?

Still stupid of them to go to the car wash together. Either leave the car dirty or hand wash it yourselves.

She COULD HAVE and SHOULD HAVE retired and lived on the beach. I have no sympathy for her, though. She's not a teenager. And prison was her field---no excuse not to know that things would shake out this way.

IMO

I don't think they were washing a vehicle. The truck was parked in the bay. Perhaps the car wash is where they absconded the Cadillac.

"Earlier on Monday, U.S. Marshals announced a pickup truck used by the fugitives had been found on May 3 abandoned in an Evansville car wash bay. It wasn’t brought to authorities’ attention until Sunday night."

Search for Alabama fugitives comes to an end in southern Indiana

Vicky suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head and has since been hospitalized, the U.S. Marshals Service confirmed to CBS News. Her condition is not yet clear.
Lots of incorrect information. They were driving a gray cadillac, not a truck.

I so agree. This to me is the amazing part, that washing the car was deemed important enough to emerge from hiding....both of them.

A well-planned escape with not much thought in the end.

Or was it the motel owner who noticed them?

Still stupid of them to go to the car wash together. Either leave the car dirty or hand wash it yourselves.

She COULD HAVE and SHOULD HAVE retired and lived on the beach. I have no sympathy for her, though. She's not a teenager. And prison was her field---no excuse not to know that things would shake out this way.

IMO
BBM. Maybe they were surprised they made it that far. It does seem like something went wrong as they needed to rely on stolen cars.

Probably went into hiding when the car wash owner spotted them and started calling police. Didn't realize the local police would laugh at the caller, giving them several days where they could have been several states away.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
For the sake of public safety, I'm glad that they've been apprehended. If VW doesn't make it, I won't mourn her death but I certainly won't celebrate it either. Hopefully corrections officials in Alabama and other jurisdictions can learn from this case to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future.
Definitely good for part of a training program for Correctional Officers. Especially the females so they can see what could happen when getting emotionally involved with inmates.

On another note, I am perplexed at why they didn’t camp in the bushes. Renting a hotel room was asking to get caught especially with CW’s distinguishing features. Also, being seen at a car wash and around the city is not too bright ‍♀️

“You just don’t know people sometimes,” Singleton said Monday. “You think you do and you really don’t know who they are.”

Vicky White faces up to 10 years in prison if she is convicted for helping an inmate escape, Alabama officials said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member