Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When listening to the 7 minute 911 call audio, we can hear officers state several times she's got her 'finger on trigger' . This makes me think that the dispatch (not 911) audio is repeating what is being said by these officers. I am now of the belief that VS did not ever state that.

There's a moment where a deep voice on the 911 says, "I think this is it" right after the hotel comment, around 23/24 seconds. Wondering if that was CS, my own speculation.
Again, I think you may be right. If you click on the three vertical dots to the right of the speaker icon, you can slow the speed of the recording down. I just did , and at .75 speed, everything is much easier to understand. JMO

I wonder if she expected him to also?

Don't know. But Sheriff Weddington made it clear in his interview on NewsNation (posted above) that it was understood by CW that VW was going to take her life if apprehended.

They both were facing different consequences, obviously. For her, there was no return, at least in her mind.

For him, he has been in and out of prison for a long time, it is like a home for him, however he may have wanted to escape. He was going back to a structured environment, routine, etc. And possibly dreams of a future escape.

Some people are actually comfortable with the routine and security of jail.

Yes, and some people/inmates actually need a strong structure to function. That is one reason why the recidivism rate is so high. I am not saying this is the case for all incarcerated people.

For CW, we heard that this was the case from his attorney, who talked about how well CW does with the structure of prison life, and how he is unable to function outside of prison.

These county lockups that house prisoners awaiting trials and court dates where they have to take inmates back and forth to court all day might order up a grip of AirTags or ankle monitors. Some sort of electronic device that if removed would sound an alarm and if the device travels anywhere other than to and from court it would set off an alarm.

These county lockups that house prisoners awaiting trials and court dates where they have to take inmates back and forth to court all day might order up a grip of AirTags or ankle monitors. Some sort of electronic device that if removed would sound an alarm and if the device travels anywhere other than to and from court it would set off an alarm.
But I wonder if this had been in place, if Vicky would have disabled it?

If they had not gone anywhere near the car wash and stayed completely holed up in the room, ordering takeout food anonymously, they probably could have stayed the rest of the paid up time (another 8 days) and planned their next leg of the journey.

Once CW was spotted on cctv they watched the area and saw him go to the motel and Vicky coming out and getting in the car.
No one was looking for the truck. They could have kept the truck and stayed. Huge mistake. Surely they were watching the same news everyone else was and realized they messed up. Also in the news before they were located was about her picking him up at the car wash. Don't suppose it crossed their mind that that there was a description of the get a way car? For such a well planned escape from jail the rest was just shoddy planning or lack of.

Could it be that VW had such a plain Jane lifestyle and always took care of inmates. ex. Mom and mom in law that she wanted freedom and excitement at any cost and CW was it? Caretaker burnout? She seemed the one who took control. Of course CW helped by wooing her. Lonely heart? Suicide can be in a second. It doesn’t even have to be planned.
I agree. Caretaker burnout is a good way to put it. MOO

It's a sad state of affairs that we have off-loaded mental health issues to our prisons. Numbers vary from study to study, but in male prisons they've studied they find anywhere from 40% to 60%+ of male prisoners have some sort of mental health diagnosis--some studies put it as high as 70% of all male prisoners if you include undiagnosed.

Female prisoners it's even higher. 90 percent of female prisoners in a Wisconsin state women's prison had an active mental health diagnosis.

Within those populations, a third to one-half will have psychiatric conditions serious enough to require regular treatment beyond prescribing medication.

And the cost of incarcerating mentally ill individuals is crazy. e.g., In Michigan it costs $95,000 a year to house, feed, provide medication, support staff, etc for each prisoner with a mental health diagnosis--compared to $35,000 for prisoners without mental health problems. For the mentally ill who are not incarcerated, Michigan spends only $6,000 each per year, on average.

If they had all that money and blew through it that fast wonder if they thought about what they would do when the rest was gone? Or was that the plan. No happily ever after. Just run until the money ran out and have a shootout?

VW's mom seemed to think that Vicky had a lot of savings beyond the $90K she got for selling the house.

Possible VW did not take all of the $90K with her initially and also had a stash of her savings somewhere beyond the house money.

If VW brought all of it with her right away, and CW was aware that she had all of it with her....

Possibly VW left some of the house money + her savings behind somewhere that only she knew about and maybe only she alive could access.

I think it's fairly common for someone's goals and personality to change after witnessing a friend or loved one die from a terminal illness. Especially if they die at an age that is less than life expectancy. I know people who were considerate, caring and giving to become self centered and live for the moment. They take risks they wouldn't have taken before because they realize how short like can be. They get out of a bad marriage or a job that's going nowhere.

While I don't condone what VW did and I'm not making excuses, I do think taking care of her ex until he died contributed to her mental state and unexplainable actions and decisions.

No one was looking for the truck. They could have kept the truck and stayed. Huge mistake. Surely they were watching the same news everyone else was and realized they messed up. Also in the news before they were located was about her picking him up at the car wash. Don't suppose it crossed their mind that that there was a description of the get a way car? For such a well planned escape from jail the rest was just shoddy planning or lack of.
What was the reason for abandoning the truck?

I think it's fairly common for someone's goals and personality to change after witnessing a friend or loved one die from a terminal illness. Especially if they die at an age that is less than life expectancy. I know people who were considerate, caring and giving to become self centered and live for the moment. They take risks they wouldn't have taken before because they realize how short like can be. They get out of a bad marriage or a job that's going nowhere.

While I don't condone what VW did and I'm not making excuses, I do think taking care of her ex until he died contributed to her mental state and unexplainable actions and decisions.
Didn’t she start her plan before he passed?
I thought she was 2 years? With CW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member