Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At 12 seconds in the audio, you can distinctly hear an airbag deploying. At 22 seconds, you can hear another airbag deploying as she is speaking. At 26 seconds, there is another sound that is a bit louder than the previous two, and I cannot decide if that is yet another airbag deploying closer to her phone, or whether that is a gunshot. It doesn't sound loud enough to be a gunshot to me, and you can hear her making gasping noises for a couple seconds after that, but I can't be sure. I am wondering if the gunshot was edited out, as the audio goes silent for a few seconds. LInk is below, what do you think?

I don’t think any are gunshots, but they’re either airbags deploying or the sound of the impacts when the US marshals rammed their car.

I agree with you. Those 3 loud sounds, I think the last is probably the point of the shot. And I thought I heard some low breathing after. At one point I also thought I heard a scream. Did you hear that?
Yes, it sounded like a scream. Even though this is the second time I'm listening to this audio I didn't hear VW say "Help me" to the dispatcher. I was surprised I heard that today. I guess the first time I was actually shocked to hear the recording as many people on this thread I'm sure are. Also VW said either after or before asking for help she implored the dispatcher to have the chase stopped. Unfortunately it was a very volatile situation and LE also had to be protected as well. So it was an extremely difficult situation whereby LE couldn't call off the chase either. They would be dammed if they did and be dammed if they didn't. IMO The Marshal's Service did the best they could under a very trying circumstance. Sadly I completely understand that VW was trying to get the chase to stop but by the time VW expressed this it was too late even though it was just minutes after they left the hotel. In a split second the dynamic of the chase changed into the crash. It took less than a minute to deploy the spike belt. So, sadly her need to have the chase stopped was to late by the time she verbalized it.

Why didn't Vicky just call an Uber to go to work instead of calling her co-worker to pick her up claiming she locked her keys in her car???

In earlier threads some folks noted VW's lack of a social media presence. An initial thought was that she had scrubbed her social media before the escape to avoid accidentally tipping off investigators to her plans or where she might go or like to go or her network of friends etc.

I think after seeing the way things went after the escape VW might've just been a very not online and not an app person.

Born in 65, she'd have graduated high school and college (if she did college) a few years before email and early web browsers started showing up on college and high school campuses. And then she never had kids. Kids who might've forced her to become or helped her become familiar with the internet and the world of mobile apps. Seems like the internet was neither something she needed nor something in which she was interested. Her job probably only required she use a locked down internet terminal connected to state databases and internal to the dept applications.

I think that's why a lot of us were gobsmacked by her simplistic Rand McNally and AAA Triptik style post-escape plan--it was all right there online for the planning, e.g., online rental and keyless entry into a remote vacation cabin. But it seems Vicky wasn't aware of all of what she could do on the internet and probably not familiar with apps like Uber either.

If only Vicky could've hired a websleuther to help her plan her time on the run, she might still be out there. They had done it--they got away that first day and had ol Sheriff Singleton, in his words, " at a loss" as to where they migbt be. So close, but they really had no plan after the initial escape it seems.

Last edited:
This article has some new pictures in it, including one labeled as being with her daughter?
Those photos have been posted here threads way back. All of them. New York Post put the caption wrong because that is her niece no I do not have a link but they have been posted here many times and the ones I have seen said "niece"

<snipped by me>
If only Vicky could've hired a websleuther to help her plan her time on the run, she might still be out there. They had done it--they got away that first day and had ol Sheriff Singleton, in his words, " at a loss" as to where they migbt be. So close, but they really had no plan after the initial escape it seems.
Oh, I think Vicky had a plan. And it didn't include just hanging out in a random motel in Evansville, IN. I think what she failed to realize was that her partner in crime had ideas and wishes of his own that she would have to contend with. Up until the escape everything was under her control. I don't think she understood the consequences of her partner suddenly having a voice, too, when he never had before.

Perhaps she was under the mistaken notion that her solo mission would remain solo and that she could continue to control the situation. Fatal mistake, that was. IMO

Oh, I think Vicky had a plan. And it didn't include just hanging out in a random motel in Evansville, IN. I think what she failed to realize was that her partner in crime had ideas and wishes of his own that she would have to contend with. Up until the escape everything was under her control. I don't think she understood the consequences of her partner suddenly having a voice, too, when he never had before.

Perhaps she was under the mistaken notion that her solo mission would remain solo and that she could continue to control the situation. Fatal mistake, that was. IMO
Plus they were blowing through money shockingly fast. $90k wouldn’t last long term, but being down to $29k after only 11 days on the lam is Looney Tunes. How much did they spend for that Cadillac? Even an older one is still pricey. Paid for a motel room with days they didn’t use, and it looked like the truck CW abandoned had an electrolyte bottle in the console that he didn’t drink. They were hemorrhaging money all over the place.

Yes, it sounded like a scream. Even though this is the second time I'm listening to this audio I didn't hear VW say "Help me" to the dispatcher. I was surprised I heard that today. I guess the first time I was actually shocked to hear the recording as many people on this thread I'm sure are. Also VW said either after or before asking for help she implored the dispatcher to have the chase stopped. Unfortunately it was a very volatile situation and LE also had to be protected as well. So it was an extremely difficult situation whereby LE couldn't call off the chase either. They would be dammed if they did and be dammed if they didn't. IMO The Marshal's Service did the best they could under a very trying circumstance. Sadly I completely understand that VW was trying to get the chase to stop but by the time VW expressed this it was too late even though it was just minutes after they left the hotel. In a split second the dynamic of the chase changed into the crash. It took less than a minute to deploy the spike belt. So, sadly her need to have the chase stopped was to late by the time she verbalized it.
I didn't hear the part where VW asked the dispatcher to stop the chase or say help me. Wow! I'll have to go back and listen again. Thanks.

May I ask what you think her plan was? I’m just curious. And I agree that whatever the plan was, it went off the rails when both of them had to work together, and also as soon as they had to improvise things.

MOO

The OnStar technology was discontinued as of February 2022 since it was considered an obsolete technology with the advent of Bluetooth. The cancellation doesn't affect certain Onstar features like roadside assistance or crash response.

I think all cars should have such features. The roadside assistance feature and crash response are great. Extra cost is worth it. Using these features with voice activation is awesome as one can ask for assistance unimpeded say one one's phone gets lodged in between seats and is unreachable then if one is in an accident they can voice activate roadside assistance.

May I ask what you think her plan was? I’m just curious. And I agree that whatever the plan was, it went off the rails when both of them had to work together, and also as soon as they had to improvise things.

MOO
I have no idea what Vicky's ultimate plan was, but she was smart enough to purchase vehicles legally (the Edge and the F-150) so as to stay off the radar. Smart enough not to use her own ID or the aliases that had been discovered in order to check into a motel. She had a trunk full of camping/off the grid gear in the trunk of the car. She voiced her frustration to Casey about the motel in the 911 call. She knew that staying in that motel for so long is what got them caught. And essentially sideways told him so. Which leads me to believe the motel was his desire, not hers. The trunk of the cadillac reveals, to me, that Vicky wanted to get off and stay off the grid. As anyone in that position would. I just seriously doubt that Vicky's plan was to shack up at a motel where they just dumped the F-150. Any reasonable LE personnel would have left that scene immediately. But she didn't. She caved to CW wanting to remain in a comfy motel in the middle of a jailbreak..

Judging by the off grid gear in the truck she seemingly wanted to go off-grid rather announce their presence at the motel. But Casey was seemingly content to hang out in a comfy bed in a motel with comfy beds and HBO. I imagine that drove Vicky crazy. And rightly so. He doesn't seem to understand the folly of that, but she did.

All my perspective of the situation, of course. IMO

I have no idea what Vicky's ultimate plan was, but she was smart enough to purchase vehicles legally (the Edge and the F-150) so as to stay off the radar. Smart enough not to use her own ID or the aliases that had been discovered in order to check into a motel. She had a trunk full of camping/off the grid gear in the trunk of the car. She voiced her frustration to Casey about the motel in the 911 call. She knew that staying in that motel for so long is what got them caught. And essentially sideways told him so. Which leads me to believe the motel was his desire, not hers. The trunk of the cadillac reveals, to me, that Vicky wanted to get off and stay off the grid. As anyone in that position would. I just seriously doubt that Vicky's plan was to shack up at a motel where they just dumped the F-150. Any reasonable LE personnel would have left that scene immediately. But she didn't. She caved to CW wanting to remain in a comfy motel in the middle of a jailbreak..

Judging by the off grid gear in the truck she seemingly wanted to go off-grid rather announce their presence at the motel. But Casey was seemingly content to hang out in a comfy bed in a motel with comfy beds and HBO. I imagine that drove Vicky crazy. And rightly so. He doesn't seem to understand the folly of that, but she did.

Jumping off your post. When this all went down, I couldn't figure out why Evansville? Evansville is not a huge city but not super tiny either. A super tiny town they would have stood out like a sore thumb if for no other reason than being outsiders. A Larger city maybe less noticeable but the more people around the more likely some one would recognize them. Had they not dumped the truck at that carwash they may still be on the run.

There was a post about CW turning back and looking at the Cadillac wih VW inside, in the LE video. He is only human so its his natural reaction to do so. But especially because a person who heartfully helped him shot themselves in that car. I'm sure he realizes he's responsible in part for her demise. So that's why he's looking back. But love, no I don't think so. If it was love it wouldn't have ended like this. MOO.

Last edited:
I didn't hear the part where VW asked the dispatcher to stop the chase or say help me. Wow! I'll have to go back and listen again. Thanks.
Its very sad and chilling to hear her say that "Help me!" and "Stop the chase." IMO that's why she called 9-11 to stop the chase. That's why CW was forced to say "she has her finger on the trigger" to dispatch. Unfortuntely it was a futile attemp on Vicky and Casey's part to stop the chase as it was too late already in those few minutes. The dynamics evolved rapidly and there was no way to get out of this horrible situation.

I haven't heard this either!
There was a post about CW turning back and looking at the Cadillac wih VW inside, in the LE video. He is only human so its his natural reaction to do so. But especially because a person who heartfully helped him shot themselves in that car. I'm sure he realizes he's responsible in part for her demise. So that's why he's looking back. But love, no I don't think so. If it was love it wouldn't have ended like this. MOO.
In the link below, the bodycam that is 5:37 long Casey is being led away and you can hear him say, please take care of my wife. To me it was true concern but I agree , love probably not. AUDIO: Jailer Vicky White called 911 before crash, capture in Indiana

I think the same.

Also, the way she said “@%!*-ing” hotel, frustration coming out even at that high pressure moment.

I suspect he knew his freedom was only going to be short lived so he wanted to make the most of it. VW on the other hand was planning longer term but had everything to lose if caught.

JMO

In the link below, the bodycam that is 5:37 long Casey is being led away and you can hear him say, please take care of my wife. To me it was true concern but I agree , love probably not. AUDIO: Jailer Vicky White called 911 before crash, capture in Indiana
Look, I'm not going to paint CW as a monster here as he has a right just like anyone else to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. But I will say people have presented him as a dancing pansy when he clearly wasn't and we all know that. Of course he's concerned and it is genuine but its a natural reaction because he is human. And further because he knows he's partly responsible for her demise and this all shouldn't have happened, that's why he's looking back. Not for any other reason. The fact that he called her his wife and that she shot herself (LE's duty at this stage is to try to help her, which after his remark they were going to anyway regardless) IMO is hallow. Because it could have ended in a way where she would not be dead. But she is so in the end his remark really is hallow and means nothing.

Its the context of the call. She called 9-11 because she understood the airbags were going to deploy and kill them (possibly) as it was a high speed take off. So she was begging for the chase to be stopped. The audio quality is bad in most recordings of this sad case but this is the reason for her calling 9-11. You can hear the panic in her voice because of the chase. She unconsciously realized that the chase was very dangerous and expressed that the best way she could in that 9-11 call. From every single word I heard Vicky saying this was my interpretation. In the context of her calling I believe this is what she was trying to convey. It is extremely sad and heartbreaking! IT IS AWFUL!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member