Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. Isn't he serving a 75-year sentence on the 2015 charges? I thought he was convicted in 2019 on these charges. This article seems to support my understanding:

Thank you to anyone who can clarify the facts.
I believe 75 yr sentence applies to crimes in AL.

For confirmation, see the YT video at about 2:05 min marker confirming he's never faced his charges in TN for a 2015 crime spree including attempted murder. Also, had he faced prosecution, he'd likely be doing time in TN prison vs AL.

Even the sheriff in Evansville called him a murderer in the press conference after the capture. How very irresponsible.

You can take the bad guys off the streets without libeling them. MOO
Casey White was charged in September 2020 with murder over the stabbing of 58-year-old Connie Ridgeway.
While he allegedly confessed to the murder, he later pleaded guilty by reason of insanity and was awaiting trial at Lauderdale County jail when he disappeared. He faces execution if convicted.

He hasnt been convicted yet but he did plead guilty. Maybe thats why their calling him that?

Casey White was charged in September 2020 with murder over the stabbing of 58-year-old Connie Ridgeway.
While he allegedly confessed to the murder, he later pleaded guilty by reason of insanity and was awaiting trial at Lauderdale County jail when he disappeared. He faces execution if convicted.

He hasnt been convicted yet but he did plead guilty. Maybe thats why their calling him that?

I think it’s *not* guilty by reason of insanity—but to me, that still sounds like an admission that he murdered her. And considering that he confessed in the first place, and supposedly described the scene with details that hadn’t made it to the news—I find it difficult to blame anyone for referring to him as a murderer, even though he hasn’t been convicted yet.

I believe 75 yr sentence applies to crimes in AL.

For confirmation, see the YT video at about 2:05 min marker confirming he's never faced his charges in TN for a 2015 crime spree including attempted murder. Also, had he faced prosecution, he'd likely be doing time in TN prison vs AL.
Thank you! I agree with @wary that we need a scorecard. Whew!

It seems like one can find much info on people, police reports etc. in the U.S. Is it possible to get a copy of CW’s rap sheet?

(BBM.)

On the night of December 2, 2015, Casey White broke into his ex-girlfriend’s home, killed her dog, and held her and two other people hostage- firing shots as they escaped. But that’s not all; after that, he stole a car, tried to hijack a trucker at gunpoint, and shot another woman whose car he also tried to steal in Tennessee.

White peacefully surrendered that night. He was sentenced to 75 years in prison. While there, he confessed to the murder of Connie Ridgeway and was charged in 2020.

Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly says White later recanted that confession.

“We have corroborated parts of that confession and parts we have not. He has recanted that so you know, we think we have a solid case against him. So I mean, we feel confident we will convict him,” said Connolly.

White faces two capital murder charges, one for an act of murder during a burglary and another based on murder-for-hire. But Connolly says that claim is still under investigation.

Last edited:
More info on CW's previous crimes:

Court records show he had dozens of arrests in the mid-2000s, when he was in his early 20s, though most were for nonviolent crimes and traffic citations – such as reckless driving and public intoxication.

In 2006, he was arrested on a domestic violence/harassment charge involving his mother.

[snip]

It wasn’t until early December 2015 that Casey White’s brushes with the law took a drastic turn.

In the early-morning hours of Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015, he broke into a Limestone County home and stole two handguns.

Later that night, authorities said, he went to his ex-girlfriend’s house armed with those two stolen guns.

Casey White’s ex fled to a neighbor’s house, with Casey White firing multiple shots at her as she ran down the hall to escape. He then aimed his guns at two men who were inside the woman’s house.

The men, sheriff’s officials said at the time, jumped through a window and ran next door but a 911 caller told police two children were still in the house.

Casey White fired multiple gunshots in the house, killing a dog. The two children weren’t injured and were rescued by deputies after Casey White fled the home.

Just over an hour later, law enforcement received a second 911 call from a man saying Casey White had entered his house demanding money.

When the man said he didn’t have any, Casey White took his keys, a Ford Explorer and a 9mm pistol.

Casey White resurfaced about 30 minutes later at the Tennessee welcome center along Interstate 65, where he approached a woman sitting in her vehicle.

When she refused to open her car door, Casey White opened fire into the vehicle, shooting the woman in the arm. He then drove north to another interstate exit where he carjacked a Lincoln sedan at gunpoint.

Deputies spotted White in the stolen Lincoln as he drove back into Limestone County. When they tried to stop him, he fled south on U.S. 31 reaching speeds of over 100 miles per hour.

A standoff ensued after Casey White got the car stuck in a field.

[snip]

Four years later – in February 2019 - he was convicted of a total of nine charges, including trying to kill his ex-girlfriend and kidnapping her two roommates.

Other charges included first degree robbery, first degree burglary, third degree burglary, breaking and entering a vehicle, animal cruelty for shooting a dog and attempting to elude.

He also is still facing charges in Giles County, Tenn., from that 2015 incident.

Casey White was sentenced to 75 years in prison and was serving that sentence at William E. Donaldson Correctional Facility in Jefferson County.

[more at the link]

Cant believe how she hid everything so well from everyone that knew her. And do something as big as she did. Just doesn't make any sense to me. jmo.

From the article -

Burbank revealed that prisoners held a prayer vigil for Vicky at the jail on Tuesday night after learning of her death.
When the inmates blame CW for VW's demise, that's telling!

IMO, from all we've heard about Vicky, I think she saw everybody first as an individual, and where the inmates were individuals that just happened to do bad things.

It seems to me that for whatever reason, VW became very vulnerable during the past 24 months, and dangerously let her guard down. And predators can spot vulnerability and weakness from miles away.

I hope the Lauderdale County detention center learns from this too. I think they were very dependent on the good, dependable, Vicky, and this prevented them from picking up on her ongoing breaches of conduct known by others including their snitches. I can't believe that nobody talked about the special treatment CW was receiving. IMO, Lauderdale County wasn't listening. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members