Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the 30 seconds of audible communication by VW was between VW and CW, and not the 911 dispatcher. It appears that VW is not aware the dispatcher has answered. Her calls to stop are directed at CW to stop the vehicle so they can get out and run -- and hopefully avoid the airbags going off.

^^rsbm
I have to respectfully disagree as the entire length of the call I believe is about seven minutes (I could be wrong maybe less though.) Regardless of the length of the audio it is understood that it was Vicky who called 9-11. She sadly originally called to tell them that the airbags were going to go off and that they both may be killed. Then horribly as every second went by the chase became more and more dangerous. So she tried all she could to tell the 9-11 dispatch to call off the chase. In those few minutes the situation was getting worst and Vicky realized that. Vicky didn't put the gun to herself for no reason she did it because she knew it was going to end badly no matter what. Before it could end she ended it herself to control her oucome. Casey had to tell dispatch that Vicky had her finger on the trigger. I'm sure in his mind he was also thinking if the chase would stop we will be safe. But as I said in an earlier it was too late.

Can one of you lovely sleuthers explain something to me. Why are they pressing extra charges on CW? He has 75 years doesn’t he? He’s never being released so why add more charges? Just wondering the rationale behind it?
Because he has to be prosecuted for his additional crimes. What if all of his other convictions are overturned on appeal? Prosecutors don’t dismiss charges because a prisoner has a long sentence already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Concernedmother, thank-you for the link, but it is behind a paywall so I cannot read it.

There should be a law here about posting links to paywall articles, I was all ready to read the article and my eyes captured 1 sentence before the paywall pop-up boxed obstructed the article. I do not pay for subscriptions to any news websites.

So my note to self, do not bother clicking on any links posted from the Washington Post.

Thank-you though for posting the sentence from the link that you want us to read.

Here you go @Thora_Jay. :) I have a subscription to WaPo and if it’s a “gift article” I post it that way. Hope you can read this.

I have to respectfully disagree as the entire length of the call I believe is about seven minutes (I could be wrong maybe less though.) Regardless of the length of the audio it is understood that it was Vicky who called 9-11. She sadly originally called to tell them that the airbags were going to go off and that they both may be killed. Then horribly as every second went by the chase became more and more dangerous. So she tried all she could to tell the 9-11 dispatch to call off the chase. In those few minutes the situation was getting worst and Vicky realized that. Vicky didn't put the gun to herself for no reason she did it because she knew it was going to end badly no matter what. Before it could end she ended it herself to control her oucome. Casey had to tell dispatch that Vicky had her finger on the trigger. I'm sure in his mind he was also thinking if the chase would stop we will be safe. But as I said in an earlier it was too late.
There's zero basis for OP's speculation here. Please take a moment to read all the confirming posts today that verify that the recorded VW audible communication was with CW and not the 911 dispatcher. She wasn't even aware the dispatcher picked up! There is zero evidence that CW talked with 911. That recorded audible is by responding officers, not CW.

From the above...
“She did not call 911, the car called 911 and just picked up the conversation. It was sort of difficult to listen to,” said Singleton.

This is what many of us have thought all along, If true, it does dispel any notion some had, even some media, that VW had called 9-1-1 and engaged in any conversation with them. All of her conversation was clearly with CW. JMO

Vicky White’s final moments were captured on an audio call with 911 dispatchers. She can be heard saying that airbags are going off and suggest they get out and run, telling Casey White to get them back to the hotel.

“She did not call 911, the car called 911 and just picked up the conversation. It was sort of difficult to listen to,” said Singleton
^^rsbm

Last edited:
Beating his ‘male relative,’ has been adjudicated. He received 6 years for it. (I haven’t heard if it was his brother, or some other relative.) He was out in time to commit his big crime spree in 2015, so I assume he got lots of time off for good behavior. This conviction may have influenced his 2015 sentencing, in my opinion.

MOO
I didn't read those charges had been adjudicated. But, her is snippet from CNN's very long piece.
White's criminal history dates back a decade. Court documents alleged he beat his brother in the face and head with an axe-sledgehammer handle, landing him in prison in 2012 for more than three years.

Where are you getting information that a spike belt was used? The only news source I've seen when a spike belt is referred to is the Daily Mail. Then a newspaper from India reported verbatim what the DM said. I question the veracity of that statement because before the Cadillac crashed they had driven over a grassy area described as a cornfield before several US marshal vehicles hit their vehicle in a successful attempt to stop the chase. You can see the front end damage on at least 3 Dodge Rams. If they were traveling off road I don't know how LE could have anticipated where their vehicle would have ended up. It would have endangered other LE vehicles in hot pursuit.
Good points. I did read somewhere, about a spike belt being used however. I guess that information wasn't correct. It was the vehicles used by The Marshalls Service and LE that were used to end the chase. I don't disagree with that. Mind you though the coverage DailyMail did wih the Jayme Closs abduction 2018 was very good. They had photos and great info on that case. Sometimes they outperform other outlets. Although the other ones you mentioned I wouldn't look at, because they aren't from local sources. Outlets like the DailyMail pay local sources for info. Personally I wouldn't disregard them completely. I was glued to the Jayme Closs case through its entirety. It was a terrifying case right from the beginning. I will never forget that one. The DailyMail's coverage helped me understand as other coverage from other outlets was very scant. But going back to VW and CW's case my main concern was with what was going on in the 9-11 call. I sort of overlooked the crash part of it. I was more concerned with the chase itself the actual crash was an afterthought as it was the ending of this tragedy.

There's zero basis for OP's speculation here. Please take a moment to read all the confirming posts today that verify that the recorded VW audible communication was with CW and not the 911 dispatcher. She wasn't even aware the dispatcher picked up! There is zero evidence that CW talked with 911. That recorded audible is by responding officers, not CW.

^^rsbm
If it was officers how would they know Vicky has her finger on the trigger? They were not in the car with them secondly dispatch had to be on the line at some point for them to know what was being said inside the car regardless of wheather it was VW or the car calling 9-11. Onstar has to be activated it doesn't come on automatically it comes on after the airbags are deployed or a crash happens. Onstar isn't just listening in. IMO. So due to this I stand by what I originally said about the call and VW and CW in the car. How do we know Onstar wasn't activated accidently and then then at some point 9-11 came on due to the accidental activation. Even then once VW and CW realized 9-11 dispatch was on what I said in my original post is possible. VW and CW eventually realized they were on the call with dispatch, then can't dispute that.

Last edited:
Here you go @Thora_Jay. :) I have a subscription to WaPo and if it’s a “gift article” I post it that way. Hope you can read this.

@Lilibet I cannot thank you enough for the gift from you Lilibet ❤️❤️❤️

I could read it! Things have not been going well for me lately.

I have been sobbing for the last half hour with my Angel dog and then I come on for one last look at the thread before going to sleep and then I see what you posted to me.

Not a big baby but just going through some heartache things in my life right now.

It is so true that an act of kindness, no matter what it is, can truly raise the spirit of a person.

You touched my heart with your kindness Lilibet.

All of my thankfulness and Respect to you.

@Lilibet I cannot thank you enough for the gift from you Lilibet ❤️❤️❤️

I could read it! Things have not been going well for me lately.

I have been sobbing for the last half hour with my Angel dog and then I come on for one last look at the thread before going to sleep and then I see what you posted to me.

Not a big baby but just going through some heartache things in my life right now.

It is so true that an act of kindness, no matter what it is, can truly raise the spirit of a person.

You touched my heart with your kindness Lilibet.

All of my thankfulness and Respect to you.

Awwwwww…now you’ve touched my heart with your sweet post and made my eyes “leak” @Thora_Jay. I’m so glad my little “gift” came at the right moment and lifted your spirits a bit, but I’m so very sorry you’re going through heartache. Sending huge, warm, squishy hugs your way!

I’ve missed this part of the audio, can anyone link it please?

@5W’s can you link the audio for these quotes, please?:

“Its very sad and chilling to hear her say that "Help me!" and "Stop the chase." IMO that's why she called 9-11 to stop the chase. That's why CW was forced to say "she has her finger on the trigger" to dispatch.”
I will try to do so. I am technically challenged. There is an audio that has these words in it. I realize I should link the source but like I said I am technically challenged. Other posters on this thread have linked and uploaded the audio I heard this from. I heard it from the post of another poster on this thread. I'll see what I can do. Hopefully this works for you. You will have to listen for yourself to the audio. I do warn you IMO it is distressing.

I’ve missed this part of the audio, can anyone link it please?

@5W’s can you link the audio for these quotes, please?:

“Its very sad and chilling to hear her say that "Help me!" and "Stop the chase." IMO that's why she called 9-11 to stop the chase. That's why CW was forced to say "she has her finger on the trigger" to dispatch.”
I will try to do so. I am technically challenged. There is an audio that has these words in it. I realize I should link the source but like I said I am technically challenged. Other posters on this thread have linked and uploaded the audio I heard this from. I heard it from the post of another poster on this thread. I'll see what I can do. Hopefully this works for you. You will have to listen for yourself to the audio
She said "help me"?? Omg, that's sad..
Yes, very sad.

Just chiming in on the theory about suicide vs unintentional shooting vs intentional despite the findings of suicide. While I agree with suicide and do not at all consider murder, I had considered briefly that after VW let out that last scream as though they had hit something or LE may have hit them at that point and the car seems to be rolling right after that it is here when the gun may have went off and after silence there is a brief moan by what sounds like VW. CW may have heard the shot and assumed she shot herself as they likely talked about. This of course could be completely dismissed if LE did hear a gunshot after the car landed on its side, which I may have missed that by skipping several pages. I don’t think this scenario is the case but had thought about it when listening to the 911 recording. I really don’t buy that CW was deeply disturbed by VW killing herself. In fact, the way he looks back and says to check on her is exactly how my ex-husband would have asked about me. It’s that same mannerism as if they do it because that’s what they are supposed to do and/or to gain sympathy and/or to look like a caring man. It just gave me an instant flashback. I could be wrong being that I am biased. I cannot help but feel sadness about VWs death. I know that she made a terrible terrible decision that could have caused many deaths but can’t help but wonder the why or rather the how did it get to this, I guess. Knowing she bought weapons like she did does lessen my sympathy though because she was obviously willing to kill LE and anyone else in the way or was at least okay with CW doing it. He states that her plan was suicide if they were caught and his plan was a shootout so obviously they talked about it and she still gave him access to weapons. So, she crossed a line there that went even further beyond what was already bad, for a lack of a better term right now. Also, why not just give him a key to handcuffs or something easier instead of the plan she/they came up with? All IMO and taken from the 911 call and major news articles.

Last edited:
I suppose it's possible they loved each other. Who am I to say? I've never even met them, so how can I assume anything about how they felt? But whatever it was, it does not justify breaking someone out of jail and committing a bunch of felonies in the process. Even if it was "love" that's a bridge too far for me. jmo
I understand your perspective but the thing is one has to overlook the aspect of money which she had so that helped him be comfortable. If VW didn't have the money CW wouldn't have lasted those many days on the run with VW. He would have made his own way from the beginning or at least as near the beginning as possible. Perhaps that way then VW wouldn't have looked to LE as involved as she was in CW's escape in other words it would be less. Less culpable. She may even have been able to come up with an excuse IMO.

Last edited:
I am a big supporter of LE but I have to question how sensible it is from a security point of view to release details of the layout of a correctional facility.

Also if the incident report is supposedly a definitive, accurate factual account of what happened then correct street names such as Burch Park Drive should be given.

moo

I am a big supporter of LE but I have to question how sensible it is from a security point of view to release details of the layout of a correctional facility.

Also if the incident report is supposedly a definitive, accurate factual account of what happened then correct street names such as Burch Park Drive should be given.

moo
I was commissioned to make an architectural model of a small new prison in Scotland. There was just 1 set of plans which were kept in a safe in a sort of electronic tracking folder and released to us in small parts. I'm not even joking when I say we had to black out our workshop Windows the whole time we were working on it just incase. Probably the only thing I'll sign a NDA for in my life.

Just chiming in on the theory about suicide vs unintentional shooting vs intentional despite the findings of suicide. While I agree with suicide and do not at all consider murder, I had considered briefly that after VW let out that last scream as though they had hit something or LE may have hit them at that point and the car seems to be rolling right after that it is here when the gun may have went off and after silence there is a brief moan by what sounds like VW. CW may have heard the shot and assumed she shot herself as they likely talked about. This of course could be completely dismissed if LE did hear a gunshot after the car landed on its side, which I may have missed that by skipping several pages. I don’t think this scenario is the case but had thought about it when listening to the 911 recording. I really don’t buy that CW was deeply disturbed by VW killing herself. In fact, the way he looks back and says to check on her is exactly how my ex-husband would have asked about me. It’s that same mannerism as if they do it because that’s what they are supposed to do and/or to gain sympathy and/or to look like a caring man. It just gave me an instant flashback. I could be wrong being that I am biased. I cannot help but feel sadness about VWs death. I know that she made a terrible terrible decision that could have caused many deaths but can’t help but wonder the why or rather the how did it get to this, I guess. Knowing she bought weapons like she did does lessen my sympathy though because she was obviously willing to kill LE and anyone else in the way or was at least okay with CW doing it. He states that her plan was suicide if they were caught and his plan was a shootout so obviously they talked about it and she still gave him access to weapons. So, she crossed a line there that went even further beyond what was already bad, for a lack of a better term right now. Also, why not just give him a key to handcuffs or something easier instead of the plan she/they came up with? All IMO and taken from the 911 call and major news articles.
JMO, but is it possible there were 2 gunshots? The 1st being the loud pop some WSer's have discussed around the 38 second mark in 911 audio & just before VW no longer talks. Then, a second gunshot heard after the crash by LE. Possibly the 2nd being from reflex (the same action that LE responders were concerned about)?
JMOO

The task force received its first lead early in the investigation when a fellow jail worker reported that Vicky White had called them and asked the coworker to pick her up at an Academy Sports + Outdoors store in Florence, Alabama. White said she had locked her keys in her car and needed a ride to work, Keely said. The employee thought it was strange, they would later tell investigators, but wanted to help out a friend.

They also learned Vicky White left the jail with Casey White previously in what investigators believe was a dry run for the escape, two law enforcement officials told the AP. She’d taken him out of the jail for about 40 minutes, the officials said. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss details of the investigation.

Authorities scoured rural Tennessee looking for clues and showing photos of Vicky and Casey. They discovered a home with a few cars and trucks for sale on the lawn, Keely said. The homeowner instantly recognized a photo of Casey White and helped authorities piece together what had happened. He told investigators he sold White a Ford F-150 pickup truck for cash. The truck didn’t have license plates, but White didn’t care, the man told authorities.

During the sale, a woman in an orange Ford pulled up and the two drove off trailing one another, the man told authorities. And the homeowner provided one more clue — the pickup truck’s vehicle identification number, or VIN, according to Keely.

A break came Sunday because the officer had written the VIN in a report. Keely’s team spotted it as they checked databases. The fugitive team descended on Evansville, working with fellow deputy marshals in Indiana.

Respectfully, almost everything posted here has been refuted, with links to verify that have been provided here repeatedly, and has been discussed at length. VW at NO time ever called 9-1-1, and she never engaged in ANY conversation with anyone other than CW. It was LE on the scene who reported VW had her finger on the trigger, and not CW. All of this has been linked here several times. Also, I have seen NOONE offer any link to suggest that VW tried to tell 9-1-1 dispatcher to call off the chase. Please provide any links you have that support that statement. The earlier link you posted, with the 7-minute audio, falsely headlined the article as the audio being from a 9-1-1 call from Vicki, but we now know it was the car itself that dialed, and VW and CW were not even aware. She clearly never spoke as if talking to a dispatcher. JMO

“She did not call 911, the car called 911 and just picked up the conversation. It was sort of difficult to listen to,” said Singleton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member