AL AL - Christina Carter, 3, Hueytown, 17 Sept 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I bet money this is a match, and all this time delay (stall) is so a book or 2 can be finished up. Does anyone else get that feeling?
No, I don't get that feeling at all sadly. I suppose it's possible, and if this is what is happening, I would think that the family would have the results and it's just "us" in the online world that are waiting.

maybe its beacuse they know its a match and wont say anything because they are waiting to nab floyd for this and they have to make sure everything paperwork and all are done right? i hope news come in sept and they dont delay any further

Does anyone know if Christina Carter had any birthmarks? I haven't seen anything on it but I wasn't sure how much is released on these cases.

Posted on Sharon Marshall's thread by Matt B. on 8/19.

Haven't posted here in a while and this is where I received the lead on Christina Carter (thanks Curiosity in Atlanta) so you deserve to know the latest:

There's a six month backlog for DNA testing at the National Center. And it took several months to convince a maternal relative of Christina Carter to agree to the testing. So that explains the long delay. That said, I was told that we should have the result in September.

I'm in touch with Christina's relatives and her father, along with Sharon's daughter and her mother (Sharon's third child born in New Orleans), and everyone is equally anxious.

This is the last lead, folks. It's been a long ordeal and I'm hopeful we're on the right track.

As for Floyd, I saw the video from his recent court appearance. He hasn't changed since I saw him (I spent a total of six hours in prison with him). I think he's crazy, but like a fox. And I don't think you'll find anyone as evil.

Keep checking my facebook page for more info. Or you can follow on twitter (follow the link on facebook). Best, Matt

Christina Carter went missing Sept 17, 1973.
Thats just three or so weeks away

what date did Sharon claim as a birthday?

September 19th, as I recall, is the most common date noted.

Sharon Marshall compared to the Dugard case and Why Sharon never ran away and everyone
suspected nothing was wrong and saw no reason for concern,no red flags in the Marshall case
then after 18 years the question that will be most often asked of Dugard Why ? giving some light into
some of what Sharon and her Children may have endured.
Total acclamation into a live that her kidnapper made for her Dugard will set guide lines and a totally new way of understanding for other children of
kidnappers that may still be out there and give them strength to return to their family and home.

Sharon Marshall,never had that chance or did she ? Which still raises the question,Was Sharon making an attempt to come home ? Did Sharon find her family ? and is that the real reason she was killed "IN A Hit and Run "was Sharon afraid to ask Law-enforcement for help ? Her Kidnapper involved her in a homicide ? Sharon Still tried to leave !
Was the new boyfriend going to help her into a new life and to go home to her family ?
After 15 years Sharon makes the bold decision to leave her kidnapper and looses her life.Standing up to the total acclimation of being with a sexual abusers with feeling of guilt that others would know the horrible truth of what a child sexual deviate had done to her for 15 years
I look forward to hearing what takes place in the Dugard case that will set the wheels in motion the intense therapy and Love of her birth family that will wrap Dugard in the blanket of Safety,family and their Love.
Writing a president setting guide for re-acclimation.
http://www.examiner.com/x-16211-Sal...09m8d31-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-and-Sharon-Marshall

Matt,

Can't the family pay for a DNA test on their own?? Are they terribly expensive?

Matt,

Can't the family pay for a DNA test on their own?? Are they terribly expensive?

The explanation on Matt's site doesn't seem to point to expense involved. It seems they needed a new sample and comparing the new sample may take 3-6 months.

Prayers with Christina's family, while they await the answers they seek. :blowkiss:

The explanation on Matt's site doesn't seem to point to expense involved. It seems they needed a new sample and comparing the new sample may take 3-6 months.

Prayers with Christina's family, while they await the answers they seek. :blowkiss:

Although I've never before commented on this thread, I do try to keep up with it. This latest "development", or lack there of, makes me want to bang my head against a wall!! I can't imagine how poor Christina's family is feeling. My prayers are with them.

If they keep asking for more samples, that must be a good sign, right? That means the ones they have tested have not come back negative? Maybe since they aren't Christina's exact DNA they are coming back as not negative, but not positive? hence the request for more? Do they have DNA for mom? Would it be possible to extract it, to combine it with dads, rather then use dad's and grandmas and only get a partial probably match?

I really feel like this is it. I think this may be Christina.

Hey guys
Ok i just got done reading about Christina and about Sharon's story...
now i have to join you guys anxiously waiting to find out if they are the same person!!!
The stories are so sad.....
and honestly i can't imagine how one man....that creep Floyd whatever.....can just go around killing and raping anyone he wants. :(
Poor "Sharon" went through a terrible awful time growing up....:(
I hope this dna matches so this case can be solved.
Btw....i think this is the first "cold case" i've been on....
I'm usually hanging out on the missing forums...but the more recent ones....
Of course now i'm really into Jaycee's story too.
That is a miracle story!!!!! :)

If they keep asking for more samples, that must be a good sign, right? That means the ones they have tested have not come back negative? Maybe since they aren't Christina's exact DNA they are coming back as not negative, but not positive? hence the request for more? Do they have DNA for mom? Would it be possible to extract it, to combine it with dads, rather then use dad's and grandmas and only get a partial probably match?

Hey i just read your link about Crystal...
is there a thread about her too here on websleuths?

Maybe since they aren't Christina's exact DNA they are coming back as not negative, but not positive? hence the request for more?
This is something I suspect may be the reason. I'm too afraid to be optimistic anymore, and I admire you for your positive thinking. If it was positive for sure, I don't think we'd see a request for more samples, so I'm thinking the above snipped scenario is the likely possibility.

Tuffy thank you so much for this article!!! I'm so glad that Sharon's case got a bit o press coverage. She needs more, IMO. As much as Jaycee I think...because Sharon is no longer with us to be able to tell us who she is.

Regarding the DNA sample from the maternal grandmother - it just wasn't a good sample and they couldn't get results. However, they are pretty sure they got several good samples this time, so we're hopeful about getting results - even though it will be the end of the year before we know. :(

Regarding the DNA sample from the maternal grandmother - it just wasn't a good sample and they couldn't get results. However, they are pretty sure they got several good samples this time, so we're hopeful about getting results - even though it will be the end of the year before we know. :(
Well, we've waited this long, so we'll just be patient and wait until the end of the year. It is good they are being very thorough.

I hope you are right. I'm not sure I understand the significance of the dna not being a match, but not being negative either. Can you or someone else explain this.:blowkiss:

Whoops, I didn't read all the posts before I posted. I've been pretty quiet on this, but I, too, am anxiously awaiting to see if Christina is Sharon. I so hope this is a positive match. It'll be a real letdown if it isn't.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back