AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for reposing this document! I wish we could make it the header for this thread. The goals were very specific and actionable which leads me to believe that DNV was determined once she set her mind on somthing. The goals were also near term and long term in nature so it seems she was looking into the future to determine the life she wanted for herself.

The life she wanted for herself seemed quite different from the life she had had since leaving her homes in NM and NC. The life she wanted for herself also seemed quite different from the her present life.

I keep wondereding if these changes she wanted to make in her life were at all threatening to those around her? The motive for involuntary disappearance theory in this case has always been unclear due to lack of information. But I've always wondered if personal changes being worked on by DNV were threatening to people in her life along with the inevitable financial consequences of that those changes might bring? Change is challenging and can be stressful.

There is no doubt from looking at the goals that this is a young woman that loved her daughter deeply and wanted to spend more time with her IMO. Who might be threatened by this and why? We don't yet know if this is a related question to the case or not. But I would think that LE is on top of investigation of this issue but it will simply take time to answer.
I completely agree. I’ve been thinking the same. Great minds think alike! Either way I hope there’s closure to her missing.

My #1 question right now is who has access to a DNVs Facebook account? Settings have changed over the last couple of weeks... sketchy.

In other cases where no birth family or spouse is present social media accounts have been turned over to LE. Why is that not happening here?

LE would have to go through a very specific legal process to access the DNV social media accounts so why just because people known to DNV might have accessed or figured out a password should accessing personal social media accounts be legally allowed? This seems questionable to me and highly suspicious IMO.

Also so far as I can tell there is no official missing page for DNV on FB for people to post to which is also another usual thing in missing cases. From the victims perspective this access of social media accounts on the surface looks to be an invasion of her personal privacy and makes me quite uncomfortable. If the atty's on the thread could weigh in on this it would be appreciated. We have seen other high profile cases where LE has been challenged to gain access to SM accounts associated with victims. But we have a legal process in place for SM accounts designed to protect personal privacy.

In other cases where no birth family or spouse is present social media accounts have been turned over to LE. Why is that not happening here?

LE would have to go through a very specific legal process to access the DNV social media accounts so why just because people known to DNV might have accessed or figured out a password should accessing personal social media accounts be legally allowed? This seems questionable to me and highly suspicious IMO.

Also so far as I can tell there is no official missing page for DNV on FB for people to post to which is also another usual thing in missing cases. From the victims perspective this access of social media accounts on the surface looks to be an invasion of her personal privacy and makes me quite uncomfortable. If the atty's on the thread could weigh in on this it would be appreciated. We have seen other high profile cases where LE has been challenged to gain access to SM accounts associated with victims. But we have a legal process in place for SM accounts designed to protect personal privacy.

Both LE & JDT have access to DNV's social media accounts.

The most official FB group is the one that JDT is an admin of.

That group seems to be more of a sleuthing group. It would be good to have a public Find Danniella FB group that hundreds of other missing groups and admins, not to mention the general public, would share to raise awareness.

That group seems to be more of a sleuthing group. It would be good to have a public Find Danniella FB group that hundreds of other missing groups and admins, not to mention the general public, would share to raise awareness.
Absolutely agree. There needs to be a public place for people to leave messages. This kind of page is typical in missing cases as its done for the victim and with no other agenda in place.

The other sleuthing groups if you want to call them that are characterized by none of the guidelines we have here which is unfortunate. These groups have also been characterized by quite a bit of drama in recent days and individual opinions are not respected and are responded to by blocking the involved person from the site. That isn't how this site operates with good reason and due to the wisdom of Tricia from her many years of experience with these kinds of cases.

Further the reports of longstanding friends of DNV being blocked from her FB page in recent days is highly disturbing and IMO cannot be the work of LE as LE typically locks a page down or removes the page but doesn't selectively block individuals. I hope that LE is able to carefully track the activity on the various SM accounts over time since DV went missing to ascertain what is being done and why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!! I cannot help buy wonder if LE was giving the impression DNV would walk away. Maybe not told directly but not told otherwise if that makes sense. In other cases you see family and friends saying the missing person would never leave, not in their character. I seen a little but not nearly as much. Why isn't there any push for media attention? What is stopping everyone from checking every garage, parking lot, impound lot for DNV's car?? Not judging, but just unsure of what is going on with this case. Very odd to me. In a few post I saw comments that the party train friends were older with families. I have looked everywhere and have not see this. Can someone direct me to the link or where this information came from.

Absolutely agree. There needs to be a public place for people to leave messages. This kind of page is typical in missing cases as its done for the victim and with no other agenda in place.

The other sleuthing groups if you want to call them that are characterized by none of the guidelines we have here which is unfortunate. These groups have also been characterized by quite a bit of drama in recent days and individual opinions are not respected and are responded to by blocking the involved person from the site. That isn't how this site operates with good reason and due to the wisdom of Tricia from her many years of experience with these kinds of cases.

Further the reports of longstanding friends of DNV being blocked from her FB page in recent days is highly disturbing and IMO cannot be the work of LE as LE typically locks a page down or removes the page but doesn't selectively block individuals. I hope that LE is able to carefully track the activity on the various SM accounts over time since DV went missing to ascertain what is being done and why.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. When someone tries to control the narrative, it raises the question of why.

Would LE not be concerned with maintaining the integrity of all of her social media accounts? Allowing anyone outside of LE to access it past the last time DV actually accessed it seems like an awful big risk.

Hello!! I cannot help buy wonder if LE was giving the impression DNV would walk away. Maybe not told directly but not told otherwise if that makes sense. In other cases you see family and friends saying the missing person would never leave, not in their character. I seen a little but not nearly as much. Why isn't there any push for media attention? What is stopping everyone from checking every garage, parking lot, impound lot for DNV's car?? Not judging, but just unsure of what is going on with this case. Very odd to me. In a few post I saw comments that the party train friends were older with families. I have looked everywhere and have not see this. Can someone direct me to the link or where this information came from.

I don't know if an article was written (I'd have to check) but I do know that WKRG was at the LoDa Art Walk a few days ago with JDT and some others as they were passing out fliers.

I don't think it is suspicious. LE only has to get a subpoena if no one has access to her account. If someone had her password, or figured it out, LE can use it to access the account. It would be considered a voluntary search. Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc., have legal processes in place for when no one has a password or when investigators have a warrant for an uncooperative person's account. The subpoena is demanding access - if they already have access, there's nothing to subpoena. During trial prosecutors may subpoena official records but for the purposes of investigation it's not necessary.

There's no restriction to what can be posted in the group that JDT admins. Admins want things - anything - posted that would give info/insight to where DNV may be.

I think everyone means there is usually a "Find [Missing Person]" page that serves as a public clearinghouse of information. It isn't a discussion group, it serves to advertise fliers, vigils, searches, etc. Anyone on FB can see the information, so it is usually moderated and limited to official communication to spread the word about the person. Many people are not going to join a private group but they will share an informational page.

Here are a few examples:

Justice for Keira Bergman: Justice 4 KIERA

Find Jenna Van Gelden: Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen

@cedgison why is there no searches being conducted? And when mentioned to JDT the immediate push back?

Eta; people have offered to help set up and conduct searches and JDT has shut it down (I’ve seen it a few times on fb now)

JDT is all for it and has conducted her own. LE is who is shutting down volunteer searches.

I think everyone means there is usually a "Find [Missing Person]" page that serves as a public clearinghouse of information. It isn't a discussion group, it serves to advertise fliers, vigils, searches, etc. Anyone on FB can see the information, so it is usually moderated and limited to official communication to spread the word about the person. Many people are not going to join a private group but they will share an informational page.

Here are a few examples:

Justice for Keira Bergman: Justice 4 KIERA

Find Jenna Van Gelden: Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen

That's what the group is. It does make it more challenging to share certain things; however, the JDT's co-admins have admined groups like his before and have noticed that people are more likely to talk in a more closed/private forum or in one such as Websleuths were there is complete anonymity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971