AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is suspicious. LE only has to get a subpoena if no one has access to her account. If someone had her password, or figured it out, LE can use it to access the account. It would be considered a voluntary search. Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc., have legal processes in place for when no one has a password or when investigators have a warrant for an uncooperative person's account. The subpoena is demanding access - if they already have access, there's nothing to subpoena. During trial prosecutors may subpoena official records but for the purposes of investigation it's not necessary.
Thanks for this guidance.

But I hope you aren't suggesting that if someone happened to know a password or guess a password that this would then entitle them to access a personal SM account in the event that the person is missing? What would happen if someone sent a SM message to DVM now and they weren't aware that DVM is missing or that DVM is not in control of her SM accounts? To me this entire process of finding or guessing a password and then using that information to access an account that is not your own would be trespass and certainly invasion of personal privacy. I am not an attorney and I realize that litigation surrounding social media is evolving. But at its most basic level privacy is privacy and trespass is trespass even in social media.

It would seem that the correct course of action to anyone figuring out a password of a missing person would be to contact LE and then step away from the account. That doesn't appear to have happened here and that is deeply disturbing to me.

Unless the FB account were configured with details as to what would happen in the event of death and any of the involved individuals with presently accessing the SM accounts were so named in the legacy section of FB it doesn't seem correct that they would change the page, block individuals or alter the pages or content in any way. We don't know if we have a death in this case so how things get handled if someone goes missing is a bit unclear as the death related controls wouldn't apply. In the absence of clear guidance on this point I would think we would defer to how any SM account would be handled if the person were alive and with us today. If DNV were here today do we know if she shared her passwords with anyone or allows anyone to change her content or block her friends? I don't know. Does LE know? Or does it even matter?

But I would hope that LE shuts this current situation down with the DVM SM accounts as there is nobody here to speak for the victim, her legal rights and the privacy of her social media IMO and this is deeply disturbing not just for this case but for any of the missing cases that any of us might follow.

I don't believe this statement is factually correct and certainly hasn't been so stated by LE in a public manner. Its worth a call into the detective to verify veracity.
I agree.. I’m gonna have to do some digging but I can specifically remember somebody offering to help set up a search and her declining.

<modsnipped rude quoted post>

Either way, call away. LE has said that they have no new tips. From my experience, in LE's eyes, no new tips means no direction of where/what to search.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say this... it is fact that JDT & others did attend the LoDa Art Walk to pass out fliers. Multiple invitations were extended to the public to help with that, including some by JDT. I realize it's not a search but it would have helped tremendously to have had more people there.

That's what the group is. It does make it more challenging to share certain things; however, the JDT's co-admins have admined groups like his before and have noticed that people are more likely to talk in a more closed/private forum or in one such as Websleuths were there is complete anonymity.

We mean like a public NAMUS-style page that the media can link to and show as official communication from the family, not a private discussion group. The media is not going to link to a private FB group. It would also help you get more shares on individual posts - right now people are sharing photos and posters from their personal accounts. If you had a public page that posted the fliers, and everyone shared the public page's post, you would have posters with thousands of shares (that the media would then quote). It also makes it seem more objective and would get some of the pressure of JDT.

ETA: I am suggesting that you have BOTH your private discussion group which is a great source for candid discussion and theories, and then the public page that MSM can quote and can share news about the investigation without theories or commentary.

<modsnipped quoted post>

People are not blocked in JDTs group for having a different opinion. Maybe in the initial group that has since been closed down but not in the current. I can personally assure you of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are being permitted to contribute and voice opinions to a group of people that care deeply about finding out what happened to DNV. This process of contributing to the thread by you/JDT has value to the thread and to people that are interested in finding DNV or what happened to her. Your statements will be evaluated by members of the thread and used and questioned accordingly. Please do not assume that there will be no questions from member or that doubt doesn't exist in peoples mind in the thread about non verified LE statements. The standards on websleuths are different than in the JDT managed closed group. Everyone gets an opinion and we treat each other in a respectful manner but an opinion is not a fact. I tried to say all this another way last night and I'm not sure the message was received. In JDT's group if people ask questions or don't agree then they are blocked. That is not how this site works. I'm glad you are here if it makes an difference and I hope you are here to help as we need all the help we can get as DNV has been missing for far too long!

It's just irritating that y'all are questioning me to the point of calling the detective. Isn't there a rule here that if you don't agree with something, scroll on? Plus, it just seems to me counterproductive to call the detective and take his time that he could be using to search for DNV/potential leads instead of asking questions of this sort.

Again, LE said in one of the news conferences last week at JDT's brother's property that they do not have any leads to go on. Therefore, no idea where to search.

It's just irritating that y'all are questioning me to the point of calling the detective. Isn't there a rule here that if you don't agree with something, scroll on? Plus, it just seems to me counterproductive to call the detective and take his time that he could be using to search for DNV/potential leads instead of asking questions of this sort.

Again, LE said in one of the news conferences last week at JDT's brother's property that they do not have any leads to go on. Therefore, no idea where to search.
I disagree.. I don’t think calling the detective is counterproductive at all.. because basic questions are still not being answered.
Where is proof of TT location the night DNV went missing?

Per Tricia last night when she introduced you:

“Cedgison does not need to post links to the information she posts. It is up to you to decide if you believe it or not.”

Yes it is a Shell gas station and convenience store. She had stopped at the Shell station supposedly to look for her phone which was missing.
I am so so glad to see that the great @otto has arrived to provide his expertise to this case. @otto does amazing work with timelines and maps and I am highly confident that he will make the timeline in this case crystal clear at long last.

I'm just reading about this for the first time, and the first question I have is about the disabled LoJack. Was the LoJack antenna on the exterior of the car? I'm trying to understand how it was disabled. If the antenna was on the exterior, it could have been broken off or damaged by a third party at the Shell station.

I am so so glad to see that the great @otto has arrived to provide his expertise to this case. @otto does amazing work with timelines and maps and I am highly confident that he will make the timeline in this case crystal clear at long last.

I'm humbled. I'm am looking at the routes from The Dublin, to the Shell station, and then the route back to the Dublin. It sounds, at first glance, like she encountered someone at the Shell station - but the big question is how that resulted in her disappearance.

Did she get out of her car at the Shell station, thereby giving someone else a chance to get into her car?

I'm humbled. I'm am looking at the routes from The Dublin, to the Shell station, and then the route back to the Dublin. It sounds, at first glance, like she encountered someone at the Shell station - but the big question is how that resulted in her disappearance.

Did she get out of her car at the Shell station, thereby giving someone else a chance to get into her car?
An earlier post says the following re the Shell: "According to surveillance footage, they arrived at the gas station at 11:05pm and at 11:07pm, one car left (Car 1), another pilled in at 11:08pm (Car 3), and at 11:24pm both Car 2 (DNV) and Car 3 leave. It is during the time spent at the gas station that the LoJack on her car is disabled, thus the last ping."

Surveillance was released by a local news station and removed within minutes at the request of LE. The footage was supposedly too grainy to determine anything really and I haven't seen anything that says she she can be seen in or out of the car in the footage, just that her car was one of the three there.

Last edited:
An earlier post says the following re the Shell: "According to surveillance footage, they arrived at the gas station at 11:05pm and at 11:07pm, one car left (Car 1), another pilled in at 11:08pm (Car 3), and at 11:24pm both Car 2 (DNV) and Car 3 leave. It is during the time spent at the gas station that the LoJack on her car is disabled, thus the last ping."

Surveillance was released by a local news station and removed within minutes at the request of LE.

Thanks! When someone vanishes, there are two possibilities: voluntary and involuntary. Assuming this is an involuntary disappearance, in order to understand what happened next, it's better to understand the circumstances of the last known place and associated activities.

The fact that the LoJack was disabled seems to be the first fact related to her disappearance. Could it be disabled using her phone? Is it possible that someone stole her phone at The Duplin, used it to follow her to the Shell station using a LoJack app, intercepted her when she left the Shell station and forced her to drive to another place?

I don't have a LoJack system, but maybe someone familiar with the technology knows whether there's a phone app that could be used to track the vehicle and then used to disable the system?

Thanks! When someone vanishes, there are two possibilities: voluntary and involuntary. Assuming this is an involuntary disappearance, in order to understand what happened next, it's better to understand the circumstances of the last known place and associated activities.

The fact that the LoJack was disabled seems to be the first fact related to her disappearance. Could it be disabled using her phone? Is it possible that someone stole her phone at The Duplin, used it to follow her to the Shell station using a LoJack app, intercepted her when she left the Shell station and forced her to drive to another place?

I don't have a LoJack system, but maybe someone familiar with the technology knows whether there's a phone app that could be used to track the vehicle and then used to disable the system?

Hi ellieuma!

These are all great questions! I’ll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

There is a Facebook group but I am unsure if I can post the name/link. Her last known location was at the Shell gas station in the 3500 block of Governmenr Blvd. She had taken a path in life that she was not satisfied with and was in the process of making positive life changes for both her and her young daughter. One of her goals was to purchase a car (which she did). To celebrate her purchase, she went out bar hopping that evening with friends RC, MK & RC’s friend DW. They had just left the first bar/restaurant, The Dublin, at 10:45pm. DNV was driving her new car, following DW when she realized she didn’t have her phone. She flashed her lights at him to get his attention and they pulled into the Shell station to look for it. According to surveillance footage, they arrived at the gas station at 11:05pm and at 11:07pm, one car left (Car 1), another pilled in at 11:08pm (Car 3), and at 11:24pm both Car 2 (DNV) and Car 3 leave. It is during the time spent at the gas station that the LoJack on her car is disabled, thus the last ping. They were supposed to be heading back to The Dublin to get her phone and then to Ollie’s Mediterranean Grill but Danniella did not make it to either location. DW says that she followed him out of the gas station and, somewhere along the way, took a different route.

No, the car had not been found. She is not originally from Mobile (She’s from Roswell, NM); I will confirm where she went to high school. She & JDT’s son, TT, has been in a relationship off & on for 6 years and had a daughter together. My understanding is that, due to DNV’s financial goals, she worked a lot of double shifts at PF Changs and spent time with her daughter when she wasn’t working. JDT has legal custody of DNV & TT’s daughter, at DNV’s request, as DNV has a strained relationship with her own family.

Hopefully this helps!

Here's the timeline currently available

@otto you are the best! Great question. Someone up thread had asked for the verified insider to provide the JDT timeline to the group. So far we haven't seen this.

The issue is that there was surveillance tape up on the internet but the MPD ordered the station to remove the footage and the station complied. As we don't have the footage the course of events that evening is subject to 'a bit of speculation' is the only way I can explain it within TOS. So, proceed to work your 'magic' with next to no information. If anyone can sort through this convoluted web of speculation you are the person IMO! Good luck!

We also don't know the reason for heading in the direction of the Shell station from Dublins. Choosing the Shell station was also a mystery as it was closed at the time and relatively dark (not a 24/7 station). There were other gas stations nearby that were open and the Waffle House is close by and well lit. If the story about looking for a missing phone is correct we have all been wondering why pull into a closed station with next to no lights? There are screen shots stills of a couple of angles of the cars at the Shell Station that can be easily found online but the visibility is horrific.

There was speculation that the party train was heading to Ollies after the Shell station but this is unclear too even though some of the people that were at Dublins had headed over to Ollies and didn't follow to the Shell station. There was also early confusion about the car GPS being disabled and where the last ping of the GPS took place. Some believe the Shell station was the last ping while others say the last ping was downtown on Dauphin Street in a parking deck. The situation is that LE statements say that the last ping was at the Shell station and the MSM reporter that had viewed the entire CCTV stated that DNV left the station driving her own car. LE hasn't commented to confirm that what this single reporter has said is true. So, many many unknowns here.

To complicate matters further not one of the people on the party train that evening have spoken to the media to explain what happened that evening. The party train group that we have been calling 'the fairweather friends' might have been interviewed extensively by LE but LE has never spoken about any of the interviews in the case to date. The party train group also is a good bit older than DNV and were themselves good friends but not necessarily good friends with DNV with one exception. So, the reason DNV was with this group is something that this thread has talked about alot but never resolved as no LE confirmation exists as to what exactly was going on that night at the Shell station.

There has been debate about the number of people and number of cars that night too at the Shell station. Many have wondered if they were heading to a house close by the Shell station or if the party train were heading back to the Dublin or maybe heading downtown to Dauphin Street. LE has shared none of these details with the public.

I'm not sure we are dealing with a LoJack unless someone knows that this is what Pearl Motors uses for its financed vehicles. We had been going on the assumption of OnStar as this is a 2014 Chevy Cruze that also might have a second GPS system built in that isn't part of OnStar. The phone was supposedly found at the Dublin and eventually through a very convoluted series of events returned to the police a few days after it was missing. But if someone just picked up their car would you necessarily think that they had had the time to set up their phone to operate their GPS? Its a super interesting question though that someones stolen phone could possibly be used to cause them harm. There is a video posted in thread previously from someone on youtube explaining how to disable the GPS system in the car DNV had and it isn't complicated or time consuming.

Here is the timeline posted by JDT in JDT's official group:

On Tuesday, July 17th, Danniella went off to meet RC at Dublin’s to celebrate her purchase of her new Car. Danniella met up RC, who also Had two friends MK & DW with him. They stay there for a few drinks, and then decide to head to Ollie’s. RC & MK head out first. Danni and DW were traveling down the interstate 65S, in two separate cars, DW leading. Danni flashes her lights and DW, and he pulls over at the Shell Station on Government Blvd/Hwy 90. Danni makes DW aware that she has lost her cell phone. The video shows what appears to be two cars pulling into the parking lot at 11:05 pm. Two minutes later, one car appears to leave. The other car stays parked. At 11:08 another car pulls in, and both cars are parked. Until 11:24 when they both leave. No indication of which way each car left. With the darkness of the video, you could not tell if anyone left either Car, or how many passengers were in each car. DW and Danni we’re headed back to Dublin’s, to search for Dannis phone. Danni never makes it to Dublin’s, according to DW. JT was told DW showed up at Ollie’s around 12:00 and stayed for a few minutes, and Danni never showed. DW also had a rental car, which he had after coming back into town from work. He returned the rental car around 1:00 am and then headed home.

Wednesday July 18th 7:30 a.m. Dannie’s MIL gets a phone call, it was DW saying that he has “this girl's” phone and he happened to see some pictures of a baby on it and thought that she may really need to have that phone. Leading to believe he didn’t know who she was. Like she was a Stranger to Him. JT (MIL) told DW to just take it to where she works PFChangs and drop it off there they will make sure she gets it.
At 9:00 am, JT called the apartment complex where Danni lived and asked them to put a note on her door for her to call her.

Before 12:00, Wednesday DW calls JT again stating her son (TT) had called Dannis phone, expecting to speak to Danni. That’s when DW had let TT (JTs son/Dannie’s babies father) know what had happened. DW was calling concerned about Danni. ***After he was asked to turn the phone in to her job that morning. He then offered to meet up with JT to return the phone to her, but JT decided to wait to hear from Danni first.
Jt went to the apartment complex around 4:00 pm And the note was still on the door. JT assumed Danni was hanging out with friends, and didn’t expect to see her until Thursday, July 19th, when her daughter returned from out of town. She had made plans to stay the night with JT and her daughter Thursday night, at JTs home, and never showed. At this point JT knew something was wrong. Danni never missed these opportunities. Ecspecially with her daughter.

At 7:30 am, Friday July 20th, JT receives a phone call from DW, as she’s walking out the door to file a missing persons report. Expresses his concerns, and agrees a report is necessary, and then meets JT at the police station. While waiting in the lobby, waiting to file the report, DW explains what had happened that night to JT. JT asked DW, “why were you on Hwy 90, when Ollie’s is right down the street from Dublin’s?” DWs response was, “I was actually headed home, and Danni must have gotten confused thinking I was headed to Ollie’s and followed me” Danni knows exactly where Ollie’s is, as she has worked there before.
The police station is on Airport Blvd, but JT and DW were sent to the Harold Johnson building on Government st. This is where the missing persons liaison is located.
DW had handed over Dannis phone to JT at the first police station.

DW got to the Harold Johnson building, before JT. As JT arrived, DW was giving his report to the Liaison. After DW was done, DW left, and JT then gave her report and handed over Dannis phone.

At 11:20 am, JT was contacted by one of Dannis friends, that stated Danni didn’t show for her shift at 11:00 am. While still sitting in the liaison office.

A part of DWs statement was that he returned to Dublin’s and was searching the Parking lot for Dannis phone, and a employee walked out and asked if he was looking for a phone Bc she had found one on the back of a car and turned it into the bar. He retrieved her phone from the bar and waited outside 20 mins, when she didn’t show up. He left. This was on the night of her disappearance.

Since then there has been NO contact with DW. Nor any of the others Danni was seen with that night by JT. None have reached out.

Per LE, the last ping from Danniella’s GPS on her car was at the shell gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay