AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked back through and what JDT said in the FB group was: JDT took DNV to pick up her new car on 7/17. DNV had taken the next night (7/18) off which made her (JDT) think that she intended to celebrate until work on Friday or just take it easy.

If DNV took 7/18 off, why did JDT tell DW to bring her phone to PF Changs that day?

I thought JDT said when she got to the station, DW had already started filing one? It was in your group.

I think I understood that DW agreed or volunteered to meet JDT at the police station to file the report but there was confusion on where to file the report and DW made it to the correct place before JDT and went ahead and was giving his statement when JDT arrived.

If DNV took 7/18 off, why did JDT tell DW to bring her phone to PF Changs that day?
I think we might need to go back to the VI on the day off comment too as I remember reading that she took the night of the disappearance off to spend time with her friends (so would this be her job at Ollies vs PF Changs)? Or are you saying that she took the day following the disappearance off as well? These are key points so clarification is important as I'm now confused.

I think I understood that DW agreed or volunteered to meet JDT at the police station to file the report but there was confusion on where to file the report and DW made it to the correct place before JDT and went ahead and was giving his statement when JDT arrived.
Yes, that is the way I recall it being explained. They were both in the same place at the same time it sounded like but again the entire story seems convoluted IMO. But I have to say the entire pass off of the phone and JDT husband possibly being involved and then the story changing is something that is still quite baffling IMO. Why say leave a phone at work vs I will drive over the pick up the phone? No urgency about much here so far as I can see which also has me quite confused. Is the pace just slower or did the people involved simply not care to be bothered? The missing persons report wasn't filed until FRIDAY after DNV didn't show up for CT vist on Thur.

I think we might need to go back to the VI on the day off comment too as I remember reading that she took the night of the disappearance off to spend time with her friends (so would this be her job at Ollies vs PF Changs)? Or are you saying that she took the day following the disappearance off as well? These are key points so clarification is important as I'm now confused.

She was supposed to return to work on Friday, July 20; however, whether she was scheduled off or took Wed & Thurs off, I don't know.

I keep nodding along with your posts. These days with the influx of technology companies and trading-focused investment firms, there's a whole new class of tech money that is disrupting polite old societies. I grew up in NYC and we would joke that there's doctor/lawyer/banker rich and then library-named-after-you rich. Social status and prestige of course still matter and open doors, but things are changing when the richest person in the room may be the 30 year old app developer or hedge-fund wunderkin. I expected to learn the secrets of the illuminati when I worked for investment banks but it's just a lot of very rich people working very long hours. Practicing in white collar crime you get to know a lot of characters and the most surprising thing to me has been how boring it all was. Sure there's name dropping and lunches and spending ungodly amounts of money on political candidates but there's no secret murder societies.

I do the same with yours... this one included. You're very right, and hopefully because of that Mobile will finally live up to the potential it has always had.

She was supposed to return to work on Friday, July 20; however, whether she was scheduled off or took Wed & Thurs off, I don't know.
Hi, thanks for this info but it would be very useful to refining the timeline to know this info so there is no question in anyones mind as to what DNV's work schedule for the week was. Thanks

It's really not that far and I think the majority of that drive is pretty rural. Although, I can't remember. It's been a while since I've been. I also haven't seen any updates on the Ft. Morgan body found either. The report stated they administered CPR, but also said it appeared the body had been in the water a long time. Those statements seem conflicting.

Sounds disgusting to give CPR to a body that is found floating in a river!

Sounds disgusting to give CPR to a body that is found floating in a river!
The body that received CPR was floating in the Gulf of Mexico (not that it changes the ick factor at all, blech). I've heard conflicting reports about it too... One of the first articles I read about it said that there was a call made to 911 before the body was found regarding persons in distress on a float (presumably they had floated further from the beach than intended), and the article mentioned the body possibly being connected to that. That I could understand CPR being performed, if indeed folks were seen in distress on a float and then a body pulled out of the water. A while later I read another article that mentioned the body being in the water for some time... CPR there? *vom*

As someone not from Mobile but has met people from Mobile that are part of the world you describe I believe your statements to be spot on! You don't need to defend your POV as people disagree here all the time!

Many people that live in Mobile that aren't part of Old Mobile probably just go about their business, raise their families and don't think too much about what all is behind the decisions that are made in their city. I don't think this type of social structure is unique to Mobile or the South BTW its just that Mobile might be a more extreme example of a social structure that is relatively fixed and where a small group dominates the power structure in government and civic affairs. Going to Atlanta as an example you will certainly find Old Atlanta but there is a sense of movement amongst certain groups of people that are involved in government, civic affairs, business community and charity that might be considered a bit more socially open than say Mobile IMO.

What would you think would happen if a member of Old Mobile might be involved some way with DNV case? Would that be a reason to pull the CCTV from the Shell station? Could that be why there has been no substantive public information on the case in weeks? Could it be why the local press hasn't been taking an investigative approach to this cast at all and seems to be going through the motions of reporting on this case? Is what we are seeing or not seeing in this case the result of Old Mobile?
Again, he is NOT old Mobile. He is NOT from Mobile originally, hence, he is NOT from an old Mobile family. What you state about Mobile being controlled by old Mobile is a thing of the past. I have lived here long enough to remember the time it was true, however, things have definitely changed over the years.

Folks, I need help with two questions -
1. What time did DNV and JDT pick up the "new" car ?
2. What time did the Party of 4 start the party at the Dublin ?
Thank you.
Bump !...... These questions are not answered in the Timeline at the start of each thread... Does anyone know the answers to these two and one more ?....3. Did JDT know that DNV would be having dinner and drinks with 3 other people at the Dublin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025