AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if it didn't occur to him to perpetrate a crime until they were at the Shell? He realizes she doesn't have her phone, its dark and he can disable her gps while helping her look for the phone, then later somewhere else, something happens.
LE know whether this is a possibility based on Danni's phone data, I speculate.

<snip>

So DW and Danni stop at the Shell station for 2 minutes where he learns that she left her phone at the Dublin. They leave at 11:07 but she is intercepted. Turns out she is intercepted by DW because now he wants to look in her car for the phone? He then drives to the Dublin, and Danni drives into the sunset?

My understanding of the information provided-
JDT took DNV to get her car.
DNV reached out to several friends to see if anyone wanted to hang out, including RC. All were working, including RC. DNV met up with RC at Heroes (where he works) before going to Dublins. Uncertain whether the Po4 were together at Heroes or after. Uncertain how long they stayed at Heroes.
DNV was scheduled to work 7/18, but took off (per JDT)
DNV was to spend 7/19 w/JDT and CT. Unknown whether she was scheduled to work or not or if she was coming over after she got off work.
DNV was scheduled to work 7/20, I'm assuming the early shift because JDT states she got the call that DNV didn't show up for her shift while she was at the police station. PF Changs doesn't open until 11 am.

Thanks for sharing a local perspective as every time I read something from someone that is local it makes the setting come alive!

Your statement about the local reporting is curious as so far as I can see none of the local reporters seem to have done much investigation into the case, interviewed DNV friends or co workers at Ollies or PF Changs or made any effort to track down the birth family beyond one interview via Skype with DNV Mom Joy. I made a comment a week or so ago that the male reporter from one of the local channels (think it might have been Steve Alexander) who took a mobile news truck to report from a neighborhood where people had been reporting a crew of 3 pitbulls roaming the streets. I realize this is a potential public safety issue but my point was that if we can take a news truck out to try to track down pitbulls roaming the street why not take the news truck to interview people that knew DNV and could possibly have some critical information to share?

There was a case awhile back that was in Kansas City I think and the missing person was a long time waitress that knew everybody and loved. The local channel went into the restaurant and filmed a segment with all the co workers talking about the missing person and it was so helpful to non locals and locals alike as we learned more about the person and what she was like and what made her so special. Nothing like that has been done like that here and I wonder why not? More recently we saw how Denny's restaurant really stepped up big time to raise funds for the Mollie Tibbets reward. I haven't seen either PF Changs or Ollies do anything like this for DNV. The Manager I think from PF Changes was at the vigil and seemed to care deeply about DNV but it would be great to see some kind of fundraiser to grow the reward IMO. Anything that increases awareness could help DNV IMO.

The other thing about your statement that is so interesting is that you circled back to the idea that she left on her own to start over someplace else. This was one of the things about this case that has kept me thinking as on the surface the case looks like a voluntary missing case but when the surface is scratched it then appears to be anything but voluntary. Why would someone that by all accounts loves her daughter deeply and wants to take full time responsibility for her simply leave? Who locally might not have wanted DNV in Mobile? Why not?

I'm really not sure why the media isn't covering this more aggressively... I'm not sure if it has something to do with the CCTV being released and they were all told to "stay back" maybe? I've also wondered why we haven't heard more from friends, coworkers and such. Are they afraid? Have they been told to say nothing by LE because this isn't some kind of random stranger abduction and someone may say something not knowing that it might hinder the investigation? It also seems like in the beginning we were getting some small more specific details (like where CT was when her mother went missing and DNVs plans following that Tuesday, now I can't find those earlier reports) and now its the same generic non-personal statements over and over.

I looked back through and what JDT said in the FB group was: JDT took DNV to pick up her new car on 7/17. DNV had taken the next night (7/18) off which made her (JDT) think that she intended to celebrate until work on Friday or just take it easy.

That's my understanding as well. JDT drove Danni to Pearl Motors and was with her when she bought the car. JDT knew that Danni was meeting friends to celebrate the achievement of one of her big goals.

What's unknown is who started the rumor that Danni was "bar hopping" on a "party train". Those terms painted Danni in such a negative light, and communicate the idea that she was an irresponsible party animal. We know the truth now, but we don't know who started those rumors or why.

I would like to know more about the origin of that very negative description of Danni as soon as she went missing.

That's my understanding as well. JDT drove Danni to Pearl Motors and was with her when she bought the car. JDT knew that Danni was meeting friends to celebrate the achievement of one of her big goals.

What's unknown is who started the rumor that Danni was "bar hopping" on a "party train". Those terms painted Danni in such a negative light, and communicate the idea that she was an irresponsible party animal. We know the truth now, but we don't know who started those rumors or why.

I would like to know more about the origin of that very negative description of Danni as soon as she went missing.
This is what was originally posted regarding Ollies

"To celebrate her purchase, she went out bar hopping that evening with friends RC, MK & RC’s friend DW. They had just left the first bar/restaurant, The Dublin, at 10:45pm. DNV was driving her new car, following DW when she realized she didn’t have her phone. She flashed her lights at him to get his attention and they pulled into the Shell station to look for it. According to surveillance footage, they arrived at the gas station at 11:05pm and at 11:07pm, one car left (Car 1), another pilled in at 11:08pm (Car 3), and at 11:24pm both Car 2 (DNV) and Car 3 leave. It is during the time spent at the gas station that the LoJack on her car is disabled, thus the last ping. They were supposed to be heading back to The Dublin to get her phone and then to Ollie’s Mediterranean Grill but Danniella did not make it to either location. DW says that she followed him out of the gas station and, somewhere along the way, took a different route. "​

AL - AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

I'm really not sure why the media isn't covering this more aggressively... I'm not sure if it has something to do with the CCTV being released and they were all told to "stay back" maybe? I've also wondered why we haven't heard more from friends, coworkers and such. Are they afraid? Have they been told to say nothing by LE because this isn't some kind of random stranger abduction and someone may say something not knowing that it might hinder the investigation? It also seems like in the beginning we were getting some small more specific details (like where CT was when her mother went missing and DNVs plans following that Tuesday, now I can't find those earlier reports) and now its the same generic non-personal statements over and over.

At least three local news reporters are in the private group. During one of the DW-bashing sessions, someone wrote "the damn media needs to report on this!!" and the local news reporter replied "the "damn media" needs actual facts before they can run a story." One local news reporter said she did speak to or attempt to speak to anyone she could, and another asked if people have specific tips to let them know. The reporters sounded frustrated by the accusations that they weren't doing their job when maybe they just didn't believe the story being told.

We all saw all the local media outlets rush to the JCD scene and stream live all day. When there is something verifiable to report on, they seem willing to do the work. IMO they just are not going to drag unrelated people through the mud without any evidence or comment from LE to justify it.

Sounds disgusting to give CPR to a body that is found floating in a river!

I was going to respond last night about the Fort Morgan body found but when trying to make sure what I thought was correct I got confused if it was two separate bodies found within a day of each other or if the initial report just wasn't accurate on "Appearing to be in the water for some time". I read that a body found floating near Fort Morgan was that of a 50 something year old woman that was floating on a raft with her sister and somehow got into distress resulting in her drowning.

Bump !...... These questions are not answered in the Timeline at the start of each thread... Does anyone know the answers to these two and one more ?....3. Did JDT know that DNV would be having dinner and drinks with 3 other people at the Dublin ?

She stated that she dropped her off somewhere around 10 is what I recall

Folks, I need help with two questions -
1. What time did DNV and JDT pick up the "new" car ?
2. What time did the Party of 4 start the party at the Dublin ?
Thank you.

I've read that JDT drove Danni to Pearl Motors on the morning of July 17 and helped her buy her car.

Regarding arrival time at The Dublin, we've heard that one of the 4 had given birth on the same day as Danni in June 2018. A mom with a new baby needs to make arrangements for care of the infant. Maybe that gives a clue about whether they started their evening at 5, 7, or 9. Maybe that means that the new mom was out from 9 - midnight?

Yes, that is the way I recall it being explained. They were both in the same place at the same time it sounded like but again the entire story seems convoluted IMO. But I have to say the entire pass off of the phone and JDT husband possibly being involved and then the story changing is something that is still quite baffling IMO. Why say leave a phone at work vs I will drive over the pick up the phone? No urgency about much here so far as I can see which also has me quite confused. Is the pace just slower or did the people involved simply not care to be bothered? The missing persons report wasn't filed until FRIDAY after DNV didn't show up for CT vist on Thur.

Went back and checked- JDT received a call from DW Friday morning about DNV. She said she was going to the police station and he agreed to meet her there. They went meet at one station, but were sent to a station at a different location to file the report. DW beat JDT to the second station and was already talking with LE when she got there.

I've read that JDT drove Danni to Pearl Motors on the morning of July 17 and helped her buy her car.

Regarding arrival time at The Dublin, we've heard that one of the 4 had given birth on the same day as Danni in June 2018. A mom with a new baby needs to make arrangements for care of the infant. Maybe that gives a clue about whether they started their evening at 5, 7, or 9. Maybe that means that the new mom was out from 9 - midnight?

RC was working at Heroes that day, DNV met up with him and possibly other two at Heroes prior to going to Dublins.

Went back and checked- JDT received a call from DW Friday morning about DNV. She said she was going to the police station and he agreed to meet her there. They went meet at one station, but were sent to a station at a different location to file the report. DW beat JDT to the second station and was already talking with LE when she got there.

More importantly, although DW had made efforts to return Danni's phone to JDT, he was unsuccessful and so he delivered the phone to police on the morning of July 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member