AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The body is too decomposed to even determine sex. Would she be that decomposed after this amount of time?
I just checked the temp and humidity index in mobile and its at 88% humidity right now at night so that is not good. With the amount of time she has been missing + plus the heat and humidity + other factors that could possibly cause her to decompose faster, I would say its possible.

I always wonder why some missing women get far more attention that others. Mollie Tibbet's missing case has 23 threads within a few weeks and this woman's has 10 pages of posts on one thread?
Why is that?

I have been thinking about this and it bothers me. I think there are two real factors and they both really boil down to socioeconomic status.

There has not been any information released. There are no articles to dig into for clues, no witnesses to scrutinize. I read every social media post from anyone I could find connected to her but there isn't much more than information about the last sighting. Why no press conferences? Why no status updates?

There are people who can investigate on the ground and push this story into the spotlight: the local media. I don't know why the media isn't talking to her family members and friends who are actively posting on social media. Even if information isn't released, you can do a story with video from the bar she was at, the Shell station, the possible routes she could take. All of that would keep her name and missing information out there. We complain when the media seems to run with a minor fact in a popular case, but why can't they do this with a case that isn't getting coverage?

I don't know how to say it delicately but are the media not interested because the missing person and her family are regular working class people, or does the family not have the resources to apply pressure to the media to cover the case? It's a catch-22 and either an outright bias or implied bias. Is the story not being covered because no one cares when a single mother working in food service goes missing, or is the story not being covered because there's no one pressuring for information to be released to make a story about? No huge reward to catch the public’s attention?

Maybe I’m wrong in this case and LE has been quietly working to solve this and we’ll have answers soon. But I know what you mean and it bothers me too. Every missing person should be front page news. Everyone deserves 23 threads.

Thank you! It's the situation surrounding a case that creates this. I see this question posted over and over in Mollie's threads. A lot also has to do with family. FGS, Mollie' dad is in marketing isn't he? It would be fantastic if all missing people got the same coverage. But there is only so much media time and resources out there. I know I only have 24 hours in a day. And I wouldn't take one post away from Mollie.

The body was located on Koiiman road so not far at all from where she was last seen. I have heard there was another person reported missing recently in Mobile but I do not recall the details.
My ex husband was a taxidermist in Mobike and one afternoon we forgot that a customer had dropped off a large alligator gar to see if we had any interest in mounting it. I don’t recall if it was the exact time but I know within 1-2 days sévère décomp had already began. Also I read that rain can speed up decomp too and Mobile is the rainiest city in the country. The fact that they can’t say Male or female yet may mean clothing was not present.

Something to consider is the First 48 films in Mobile, so less info is likely to hit the media about cases like Danniella's. The reward and FBI media storm on Mollie is likely a strategy mixed with a lot of politics. JMO.

BREAKING: Body found in Theodore
LE response here makes me believe this is an obvious crime (partially buried, nude etc).

Here are the other possibilities for this body. It was left so open in the field that it seems unlikely a body dump when there is a tree line right there but criminals are weird.

Something to consider is the First 48 films in Mobile, so less info is likely to hit the media about cases like Danniella's. The reward and FBI media storm on Mollie is likely a strategy mixed with a lot of politics. JMO.

Snipped. I didn't know that about the First 48 and am not super familiar with it. Does it feature mostly local cases? What do you mean? Curious!

Snipped. I didn't know that about the First 48 and am not super familiar with it. Does it feature mostly local cases? What do you mean? Curious!
They follow local homicide detectives (not just in Mobile, they have been filming in Atlanta, Birmingham, Cleveland, Dallas, New Orleans, Tulsa, etc.). You will see how the cases unfold from the moment they find and identify a body until they finally arrest someone (some cases remain unsolved though). You see how they inform family, interview witnesses and suspects, and follow all kinds of leads. In some cases, you will also see a SWAT team entering hideouts. The show first aired in 2004. Some departments like NOPD and Miami PD have ended the contract with A&E for different reasons but Mobile is still in the game.

They follow local homicide detectives (not just in Mobile, they have been filming in Atlanta, Birmingham, Cleveland, Dallas, New Orleans, Tulsa, etc.). You will see how the cases unfold from the moment they find and identify a body until they finally arrest someone (some cases remain unsolved though). You see how they inform family, interview witnesses and suspects, and follow all kinds of leads. In some cases, you will also see a SWAT team entering hideouts. The show first aired in 2004. Some departments like NOPD and Miami PD have ended the contract with A&E for different reasons but Mobile is still in the game.

Thanks! I have to watch. Do you think they're following Danniella's case? I wonder if there's a little bit of a conflict of interest with not releasing information to the public to keep the story good for the show.

Thank you! It's the situation surrounding a case that creates this. I see this question posted over and over in Mollie's threads. A lot also has to do with family. FGS, Mollie' dad is in marketing isn't he? It would be fantastic if all missing people got the same coverage. But there is only so much media time and resources out there. I know I only have 24 hours in a day. And I wouldn't take one post away from Mollie.

But it still comes down to the parent being able to get media interest...and no one can convince me that a white, middle-class college girl is not going to “appeal” more to the media than any other except maybe a child. I know when Lacy P. was missing, another pregnant woman was also missing and her mother could not generate Any interest, as she was minority, possibly in a “bad” relationship etc...just not media friendly. I know it is not okay to say so, but the way the public leaps onto the missing white college girl cases shows general bias as well. Even if unconsciously. Jmo

The body was located on Koiiman road so not far at all from where she was last seen. I have heard there was another person reported missing recently in Mobile but I do not recall the details.
My ex husband was a taxidermist in Mobike and one afternoon we forgot that a customer had dropped off a large alligator gar to see if we had any interest in mounting it. I don’t recall if it was the exact time but I know within 1-2 days sévère décomp had already began. Also I read that rain can speed up decomp too and Mobile is the rainiest city in the country. The fact that they can’t say Male or female yet may mean clothing was not present.
This young man was last seen around Kooiman Road...

AL - AL - Ragen 'River' Freil, 17, Theodore, 8 July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member