AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a first page Google result for how to disable GPS on a Chevy Cruze, with pictures (I realize it specifically refers to OnStar but my understanding is it's either the same fuse or at least same process): Wolf's Project Files - Completely Disable OnStar On Your Chevy Cruze

16 minutes is more than enough time.

So many questions, though, many of which might be answerable with that video...

I wish I was local! I’d go by the Shell one evening when business was slow and try to chat up the clerk. “Hey, did they ever find that girl that went missing ? Must be weird to think something might have happened right outside...”

Because someone who works at that Shell probably saw the video that was given to police. And if so, I’m sure all the employees have talked about what he/she saw or not. (Open hood/open trunk/people switching cars, etc.)

They’d also know how much the police searched outside and inside the gas station, or if they had the manager pull credit card receipts for that time.

Because if they didn’t do any of that, then they must suspect whatever happened took place after she left.

JT reports Papa Johns is going to put her flyer on each pizza that goes out in the area. I wonder why LE is being so tight lipped? Pulled down the video but then no PC or announcement?
Let’s hope it’s because the video gave them a viable suspect, and not because they’re not focused on this case. I feel like they sometimes give short shrift to cases when the young woman has a less than perfect past.

Let’s hope it’s because the video gave them a viable suspect, and not because they’re not focused on this case. I feel like they sometimes give short shrift to cases when the young woman has a less than perfect past.

Agreed. When they pulled down the video and the article states "the video has been removed at the request of LE" I expected them to name a suspect soon after.

It makes me want to start a law/crime blog so I can email LE and try to get information on these lesser-covered cases. I always wonder how much its LE being secretive and how much it's not many people asking for information.

I'm just stuck on on the GPS stopping at the Shell station. A member previously mentioned the possibility of a fuse and I'm adding incredibly poor timing. Agreed - Harvey wasn't too long ago and goodness knows Houston moved as many of those cars as they could. But if the GPS was truly disabled by hand at the Shell station then we may very well have someone who knows where to hide a vehicle. I am really hoping LE has this person in their sights. Why not release the video? Maybe they want to find her vehicle first. (It did occur to me that a crime took place on the video - but I'm ignoring that and hoping they just want to find the vehicle to strengthen their case.)

Edited to add: I spent a couple years on work assignment in Mobile. It can feel very isolated at night - even right off the highway.

I'm just stuck on on the GPS stopping at the Shell station. A member previously mentioned the possibility of a fuse and I'm adding incredibly poor timing. Agreed - Harvey wasn't too long ago and goodness knows Houston moved as many of those cars as they could. But if the GPS was truly disabled by hand at the Shell station then we may very well have someone who knows where to hide a vehicle. I am really hoping LE has this person in their sights. Why not release the video? Maybe they want to find her vehicle first. (It did occur to me that a crime took place on the video - but I'm ignoring that and hoping they just want to find the vehicle to strengthen their case.)

Edited to add: I spent a couple years on work assignment in Mobile. It can feel very isolated at night - even right off the highway.

The one thing I could think of is the description of the video says one car pulled in followed by another. 1st car leaves, 3rd car pulls in. 2nd and 3rd cars sit together 16 minutes and then leave. Maybe the 3rd car is the key? No one has ever spoken about a third car. Someone above said the most likely explanation: car 1 is innocent car, and cars 2 and 3 are the people involved here.

I guess here's a question: why isn't anyone releasing the friend's name? Local news reporters could be showing up at their door asking for an interview, pestering the person for more information. There have to be eager young journalists in Mobile who want a story.

The one thing I could think of is the description of the video says one car pulled in followed by another. 1st car leaves, 3rd car pulls in. 2nd and 3rd cars sit together 16 minutes and then leave. Maybe the 3rd car is the key? No one has ever spoken about a third car. Someone above said the most likely explanation: car 1 is innocent car, and cars 2 and 3 are the people involved here.

That’s what I’ve been thinking. What if cars 1 & 2 were Danniella and her friend. After all, it wouldn’t take long to figure out the phone wasn’t in the car. As the friend takes off, car 3 pulls in—and happens to be someone she knows. They talk and/or argue for 16 minutes. And then something happens....

I guess here's a question: why isn't anyone releasing the friend's name? Local news reporters could be showing up at their door asking for an interview, pestering the person for more information. There have to be eager young journalists in Mobile who want a story.

Or 3rd car was at the original bar or somehow was in the plans to meet at subsequent bar. Since Danniella didn't have her phone she couldn't have messaged anyone associated with car #3 unless she knew their number (which is a anomaly these days.) I wonder if car 2 somehow knew car 3?

Here's what I'm thinking...Two cars pull in (hers and her friend's). She explains she lost phone and asks her friends to call someone so she could score (possibility their mutual drug supplier). After calling the friend leaves and her dealer pulls up. She and her dealer do some drugs together and talk for 16 minutes. She then drives off into a ravine somewhere. :(

I have a friend somewhat close to the case - she said their family was all able to see the video when it was first put on the news - Car #2 + #3 are the same cars, according to her <— again that is just hear-say rumors in Mobile but I do know the surveillance video was put online for more then 15 minutes so there are definitely eye balls that HAVE seen it.

The same car coming back theory could make sense... he pulled out, realized she wasn’t behind him & pulled back in a minute later....?
Then something happened after they left.

I am finding it odd that he himself hasn’t come forward, I would want the public/media to clear me ASAP.

This is something I have said from the beginning that I feel the "Friend" knows more or was involved. The fact that he hasn't been named and has not come forward and is the one that last saw her and the one that found her phone and didn't tell anyone until later is highly suspicious.

I know if it was a friend of mine that I was with that went missing, I would be on the front lines at every news station trying to find out information.

Another theory...

DV + friend make plans to meet somebody at gas station(maybe drug dealer....? I’ve read she struggled with substance abuse in the past?)
DV realized she doesn’t have phone on the way
Arrive at gas station
DV tells friend she lost phone and needs to go Back to look for it... friend offers to go look for it since he knows the area better....? she waits for #3 car to get there
Meets car #3
Leave

Something happens after that.

Might be far fetched but it seems plausible ‍♀️

I am finding it odd that he himself hasn’t come forward, I would want the public/media to clear me ASAP.
While I would LOVE to know more about this friend, I don’t necessarily see his behavior as suspicious.

If he’s a young guy who isn’t best friends with her/didn’t know her that well, I can see him thinking she blew him off and deciding to just return the phone the next day. Especially since he had probably been drinking at the bar.

And I would actually be more surprised if he did come forward to the media—knowing that being the last person to see her alive makes him a top POI! I’m sure all his friends and family are advising against it.

Plus, reporters would be asking “Why didn’t you go back to look for her? Why didn’t you take the phone to her home?” and all kinds of questions, second-guessing his actions that night. Even a media pro would have trouble answering those things without looking either guilty or like a complete jerk.

If he had done something to her, I doubt he would have given the phone to someone at the bar, who could identify him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member