AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great catch. I see in this article she formerly worked there. Homicide detectives take over case of missing Mobile woman
In Mobile amongst a certain group and scene of people there are certain places you work that is a good representation of your lifestyle and friends etc. So Mellow Mushroom for example the one in Midtosn on Airport primarily employs a bunch of artsy hipster types. So even after being employed and no longer working there they still continue to wear the clothes plus it’s a good way to look more like a local.

According to her FB she worked at PF Changs. My goodness, she is BEAUTIFUL...I loved seeing her pics on her FB page. Her daughter is also absolutely gorgeous.

Gaps in information:

1. Did only the friend or both of them make it back to the bar?
  • Since he had her phone later, he must also have made it to the bar to find it but was not able to give it to her = she disappeared on the way back to the bar
  • He is lying = he had her phone to begin with and did not just find it in the parking lot
Phone records and witness statements or video from the bar should be able to clear this up.

2. Where are the other two points of interest?

If she lost her friend in traffic, her home seems like her next logical destination with no phone and provides an important direction of possible travel.
If she knew how to get back to the bar from the freeway then she should have made it back.

3. Which way did they go out of the Shell?

Both routes back to the bar seem innocuous, but the street route provides more potential opportunity to disappear.

4. Was the GPS was intentionally disabled or accidentally disabled?

For the friend's story to be true, it would have to have been knocked out unintentionally while looking for the phone. I would be curious to know what those of you with a car like that think of this possibility.

The friend had the perfect opportunity.

Here is the information I am aware of and will try to answer your questions.

Officially, from the "Friend" and family the last time she was seen was at the Shell station. The "Friend" made it back to the bar and located the phone, but Danniella never showed up and he went home. It wasn't till late that the phone was handed over to the family by the "Friend". Then it was turned over to the police.

I think the first one is going to be the original bar, even if she got lost, Mobile is fairly easy to get around, so I can't see her going home. The only other place she may have gone was to Dauphin Street to some of the bars there. Maybe she didn't want to go all the way back to Dublins and wanted to continue on Downtown?

This has been a sticking point for me since the beginning .. That information has never been released.

The typical route would be West down 90, then North on Demetropolis Road, which turns into University, the West on Old Shell to Dublins.

I can't see GPS being disabled accidently. Typically the fuse box is hidden under the dash and has a plastic snap on cover. It would take a bit of work to knock the cover off and knock the fuse out. Typically you have to use a fuse puller to get the fuse out, because they are so tight.

Here is a good website that shows how to disable OnStar and GPS. (Same fuse)

This could easily be researched, and completed in less than 5 minutes.

Wolf's Project Files - Completely Disable OnStar On Your Chevy Cruze

So my previous post leads me to even a bigger question. Who shuts off their GPS?

My first thought is it is someone that wants to disappear without being traced. Did Danniella skip town? I have yet to see any evidence of that but I also didn't know her personally.

Did she have a romantic interest/ stalker etc that kidnapped her? Disabled the GPS so they could be tracked?

I just find it so odd that she just got the car the same day she disappeared, and someone had the thought that they should disable the GPS.

That isn't a normal thought process unless it is heavily premediated act. A car jacker doesn't just jack a car and stops and thinks .. ohh I need to disable the GPS ... That is always something done later.

Sorry, my mind is running circles.

I thought this was interesting.
JDT says Danniella was dating her son (her child’s father) at the time of her disappearance - but she was also out at night, with a guy “friend” at a bar....

I actually wonder if it was him she was with. It hasn't been said where he was at the time. Either way, this is important because it also gives him a motive.

Officially, from the "Friend" and family the last time she was seen was at the Shell station. The "Friend" made it back to the bar and located the phone, but Danniella never showed up and he went home. It wasn't till late that the phone was handed over to the family by the "Friend". Then it was turned over to the police.

I think the first one is going to be the original bar, even if she got lost, Mobile is fairly easy to get around, so I can't see her going home. The only other place she may have gone was to Dauphin Street to some of the bars there. Maybe she didn't want to go all the way back to Dublins and wanted to continue on Downtown?

This has been a sticking point for me since the beginning .. That information has never been released.

The typical route would be West down 90, then North on Demetropolis Road, which turns into University, the West on Old Shell to Dublins.

I can't see GPS being disabled accidently. Typically the fuse box is hidden under the dash and has a plastic snap on cover. It would take a bit of work to knock the cover off and knock the fuse out. Typically you have to use a fuse puller to get the fuse out, because they are so tight.

So when posing these questions, I was more or less pointing out what we have no facts to support. We don't know if the friend's story has been substantiated, only that it proposes Danniella went missing between the Shell and the bar on the return trip. We don't know where they were headed when they detoured, nor where Danniella lives (the other two points besides their starting location).

So my previous post leads me to even a bigger question. Who shuts off their GPS?

To add to your great summary, a car thief would disable it. She has a brand new car with no plates n a unique color that would be very desireable to car jackers. This shell station has a car shop adjacent to it that could have exposed her to opportunity.

I thought this was interesting.
JDT says Danniella was dating her son (her child’s father) at the time of her disappearance - but she was also out at night, with a guy “friend” at a bar....

I actually wonder if it was him she was with. It hasn't been said where he was at the time. Either way, this is important because it also gives him a motive.

From the information that was posted on FB by one of Danniella's friends that the child's father was in jail at the time. He was booked June 14th (I think) Although I have yet to find any record of it.

To add to your great summary, a car thief would disable it. She has a brand new car with no plates n a unique color that would be very desireable to car jackers. This shell station has a car shop adjacent to it that could have exposed her to opportunity.

Very good point Vail ... and very possible.

Here is a good website that shows how to disable OnStar and GPS. (Same fuse)

This could easily be researched, and completed in less than 5 minutes.

Wolf's Project Files - Completely Disable OnStar On Your Chevy Cruze
The only 3rd point of interest I could think would be maybe the final ping of her cars GPS? I grew up super close to that area. I have an uncle that lived off of Japonica is a upscale neighborhood. It’s not to terribly far from there. They have had a burglary, and a car stolen in the middle of the night as well that turned up in Prichard weeks later. Unfortunately that area has had a lot of crime issues for as long as I remember. I grew up off of demotropolis. There’s a large drainage ditch near there and it has been a source of a number of issues in the area. For one there would be burglaries in neighborhoods on one side and the suspects would run across the ditch and quickly be a good distance away. I watched two guys run from the back of my neighbors house(their home backs up to the ditch) and continue running. Suddenly there were cops everywhere searching. There has been a body found beside it (overdose) and a lot of other issues that I can’t begin to remember. I do think that once they do another search that ditch should be searched at length. It starts in a wooded area behind Cottage hill baptist church as two divided tunnels and then runs for miles throughout Mobile.
Also I’m wondering if police are telling the family to suspend searches because they suspect the body found in Tillman’s Corner is Daniella.

So the last case where it was reported that someone had shut off their GPS before going missing with their car, this proved to be incorrect. Toni Anderson had driven into the water under the influence of multiple substances. Given that Danniella went missing with her car and her GPS was “shut off”, I’m suspecting a similar situation.

I mapped her route out from the Shell station to the Dublin Pub. Going off the “most likely” route that my phone GPS spit out, it routes her down a street called Lakeside Drive. It looks confusing in that area, because multiple streets are “Lakeside Dr” and “Lakeside Dr S” and “Lakeside Dr W.” It could be disorienting in the dark even if one knows the area, especially in a new car you aren’t used to driving.

What’s concerning to me is that turning down “Lakeside Dr,” there is a small body of water directly at the end of the road where it ends in a T. Going straight ahead down that road ends in the water. Go left, and it looks like a dead end where you would need to turn the car around to head back the other way.

Is there someone local who could just go by there and look at that body of water?

Editing to add; the spots I am most concerned about would be off the end of the parking lots behind 3740 Joy Springs Drive, and 724 Lakeside Drive West (both just look like industrial buildings of some sort). I looked at the area on street view and don’t see a fence or anything preventing someone from going right in by accident.

Last edited:
I mapped her route out from the Shell station to the Dublin Pub. Going off the “most likely” route that my phone GPS spit out, it routes her down a street called Lakeside Drive. It looks confusing in that area, because multiple streets are “Lakeside Dr” and “Lakeside Dr S” and “Lakeside Dr W.” It could be disorienting in the dark even if one knows the area, especially in a new car you aren’t used to driving.

What’s concerning to me is that turning down “Lakeside Dr,” there is a small body of water directly at the end of the road where it ends in a T. Going straight ahead down that road ends in the water. Go left, and it looks like a dead end where you would need to turn the car around to head back the other way.

Is there someone local who could just go by there and look at that body of water?

Editing to add; the spots I am most concerned about would be off the end of the parking lots behind 3740 Joy Springs Drive, and 724 Lakeside Drive West (both just look like industrial buildings of some sort). I looked at the area on street view and don’t see a fence or anything preventing someone from going right in by accident.
I’m driving to Mobile tomorrow and will take a look. However this is literally all the area I grew up in and I can tell you that in that immediate area there is literally no large body of water I can think of that would cover a car. Beyond that drainage ditch because it’s behind Krystal’s on government near there and there’s a run off sort of concrete slide like thing that all the water kind of flows to. However that area is near the Bama motel and crest motel etc and that’s literally known crack dens. Actually there may be some water next to Waffle House which is across the street from shell but I don’t think it has car access.

So I went to street view and looked at that area. It’s one of those areas that I’m so familiar with and so used to seeing that the details aren’t even there for me because I’ve seen it so much. The only way I would notice anything would be if something were out of place. That being said I’m posting this pic. You can see the shell station in the background so that leads me to ask if anyone has searched that water.

Attachments

• 13FC9A44-E645-4EB7-8471-89088942B9E2.jpeg
    13FC9A44-E645-4EB7-8471-89088942B9E2.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 100
So I went to street view and looked at that area. It’s one of those areas that I’m so familiar with and so used to seeing that the details aren’t even there for me because I’ve seen it so much. The only way I would notice anything would be if something were out of place. That being said I’m posting this pic. You can see the shell station in the background so that leads me to ask if anyone has searched that water.

I have checked this area and it isn't deep enough to cover a car ... I travel by this nearly daily.

I have already been down to the lake on lakeside drive and checked it out myself. The lake itself is really shallow and not deep enough to cover a car unless you are out in the middle of the lake, even then I am not so sure.

I’m driving to Mobile tomorrow and will take a look. However this is literally all the area I grew up in and I can tell you that in that immediate area there is literally no large body of water I can think of that would cover a car. Beyond that drainage ditch because it’s behind Krystal’s on government near there and there’s a run off sort of concrete slide like thing that all the water kind of flows to. However that area is near the Bama motel and crest motel etc and that’s literally known crack dens. Actually there may be some water next to Waffle House which is across the street from shell but I don’t think it has car access.

We have been trying for years to get the Crest motel shut down. It is actually an extended stay place now with the only residents being sex offenders .. I live in the Skyline area myself.

We have been trying for years to get the Crest motel shut down. It is actually an extended stay place now with the only residents being sex offenders .. I live in the Skyline area myself.
I grew up off of Burma and Demotropolis near St Dominic. Doesn’t that ditch continue into the park behind skyline?

All of these bodies of water look to be next to roads or buildings - wouldn't someone notice a car driving off into it? I've never been to the area so maybe it's more isolated than it seems.

I grew up off of Burma and Demotropolis near St Dominic. Doesn’t that ditch continue into the park behind skyline?

It sure does. That is Crestview Park which we go to often. The entire length of that ditch is very shallow maybe on average 1 to 2 feet deep.

Just knowing the area so well, I cant see water as an issue in this case. There are numerous lakes and bodies of water but none I cant think of that would be easy enough to get to or deep enough for a car.

I honestly think the police have a lot more information that we are not aware o and I think the surveillance video is key to that.

It sure does. That is Crestview Park which we go to often. The entire length of that ditch is very shallow maybe on average 1 to 2 feet deep.

Just knowing the area so well, I cant see water as an issue in this case. There are numerous lakes and bodies of water but none I cant think of that would be easy enough to get to or deep enough for a car.

I honestly think the police have a lot more information that we are not aware o and I think the surveillance video is key to that.
That area of the ditch may be somewhat shallow but I do know that there’s an area directly behind crystals that is incredibly deep because as a young child we would slide down into the water run off not realizing how disgusting the water was that we were sliding into however I do not see an area that a car Could’ve made entry into that area behind Krystal’s. That being said I do not believe that her car is in that area. That area is directly by I 10 it would be easy to take that car and get it in 50 different areas and directions within 10 or 15 minutes of leaving the Shell gas station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sloan3039