AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the local news still covering the case? I think of Danniella every day.

Gosh I hope so. I hope that finding Mollie and Shanann means more time for people to look for Danniella. Come on Mobile press! Use Mollie’s story to help drum up some interest in Danniella’s!

You’re not forgotten, Danniella, we are keeping you on the first page! Praying! We want you found safe, tomorrow is the day!

Is the local news still covering the case? I think of Danniella every day.

I haven't heard anything on the news about the case any this week. Matter of a fact I haven't heard anything from anyone other than JT, which posts just about every day about Danniella ... on the other hand, JV hasn't posted really anything at all since the 15th. Which is odd to me as a parent.

JDT's latest post:

Interest in finding Danniella has been slowly declining. I am doing all I can to keep her face in the publics eye but just cannot do it without Your Help. We have a public transportation system that allows for advertising, having her information and picture on this bus will ensure thousands see her everyday. This is One of so many ideas that we have come up with to help find Danniella. We can't seem to get the national attention we know she deserves! She is missing! She may still be out there against her will Fighting to get home! It has been Five Weeks now. I am pleading to you now to please help us Find Her, help us raise awareness. Help me give her the attention that She deserves and bring her home to us, especially her baby girl who Needs her Mommy. My love to all.
#BringDanniellaHome

Very odd. My questions are:

Who is the friend? Someone well-known to her? Was she actually seen at the gas station? Did something actually happen outside of Dublin’s and she was no longer in control of the car? If that’s the case, the friend isn’t innocent though. If the friend was guiding her back to Dublin’s, wouldn’t he realize she wasn’t behind him when pulling into the interstate or freeway? When someone’s following me and they are behind, I slow down or pull off before getting on the ramp. The gas station is key here, I think. Maybe there was a plan to kidnap her? Maybe she had been drinking and wrecked? Maybe she took off? So many possibilities. I pray she is found safe!

Let's brainstorm: what can we do? Should we email crime reporters? LivePD? Why is no one covering this case?

The major reason there isn't a lot of coverage is MPD are keeping VERY tight lipped about the case. I think if MPD would step up and start asking or releasing some information then the media will get involved. The media really have nothing to report on when the police won't say anything worth while.

Let's brainstorm: what can we do? Should we email crime reporters? LivePD? Why is no one covering this case?

I don't know, I just don't understand it! Initially I know my gut said she might have walked away, as much as I didn't want to feel that way. But, that gut feeling also meant she was likely to come home safe, sooner rather than later. This is one of those times when I wish I had been right!! And I'm so still praying that I am!

All of the facts of the case that led me to think that, could also lead to foul play. Not the least of which is why the video was pulled. And why is there nothing more from Mobile PD? Nothing about her credit or ATM card usage, phone usage? I do know, and understand, that sometimes PD has to keep things close to the vest, but if there was usage either it was her, or it was a person of interest they definitely need to talk to! No usage, that's a bad sign.

I just googled and see no news reports since 8/2. That's 3 weeks, and way too long! Reading back at some news reports, the many of the reports mention the MPD Chief's statement that there was no evidence of foul play. But now, weeks later, if there's still no usage, I think that IS evidence! How else could she be living? It's doubtful she had a huge stash of cash!

Anyone local to Mobile? Who's a local reporter with a heart we could contact who might take it and run with it? We just need one, I think others will follow if they think there's a good story there!

Had another thought: Is it against TOS to reach out to the family? JT's most recent post has a comment on it from ML. I'm not sure what it means?

Mobile PD must have entered Danniella into NCIC. To NOT do so would be a violation of the NCIC rules. But maybe she means NAMUS?

And maybe JT doesn't realize she might need to be the one to drive this, by reaching out to the detectives, even the Chief if necessary, to demand action and answers? I'm always the pro-LE one, I totally understand that sometimes they don't release things for a reason, but I also know they're human and make mistakes sometimes too.

This is the kind of article that isn't helping. It's factual, sadly. But may lead people to not be reporting/looking further. At this point, IMO, Mobile PD either has clear evidence that she's alive and doesn't wish to be found, or they have some evidence she isn't (no CC usage). If they have the latter, I wish they would update!

$2,000 reward offered in Danniella Vian missing person case

(Re) releasing that surveillance footage would bring this case far more attention (and perhaps leads). I'm sure LE has reasons but it doesn't appear that the strategy is generating much helpful info. I understand they are doing a lot of behind the scenes work but I hope they reconsider releasing it.

I have to think there is a reason LE does not want the surveillance footage of the gas station out there. It leads me to believe there is heavy scrutiny on someone in the video and that LE knows a lot more than we do. I think of Daniella every day and I really hope her loved ones get answers soon.

Had another thought: Is it against TOS to reach out to the family? JT's most recent post has a comment on it from ML. I'm not sure what it means?

Mobile PD must have entered Danniella into NCIC. To NOT do so would be a violation of the NCIC rules. But maybe she means NAMUS?

And maybe JT doesn't realize she might need to be the one to drive this, by reaching out to the detectives, even the Chief if necessary, to demand action and answers? I'm always the pro-LE one, I totally understand that sometimes they don't release things for a reason, but I also know they're human and make mistakes sometimes too.

I think she means the "MISSING" FBI fliers. I don't know why the FBI wouldn't get involved.

This may be unrelated but the local news in Mobile is reporting women are being followed by a blue van with the windows spray painted:

MPD: Women report being followed by men in blue van

Someone I went to school with is now a reporter for a local station here in Mobile. She has continued to post about Danniella on her personal reporter page on FB, but I haven't seen any actual articles or anything like that as of late from local media. I will reach out to her and see if she can get Danniella more press. Other ideas of places to reach out to are some of the local publications that aren't television news sources but have a big following locally, like the Lagniappe.

Someone I went to school with is now a reporter for a local station here in Mobile. She has continued to post about Danniella on her personal reporter page on FB, but I haven't seen any actual articles or anything like that as of late from local media. I will reach out to her and see if she can get Danniella more press. Other ideas of places to reach out to are some of the local publications that aren't television news sources but have a big following locally, like the Lagniappe.

Thank you! xo

I emailed the Editor of the Lagniappe just now. Fingers crossed. Will look for more places when I get a break later on. Thank you for the lead!

Guys if I was to come up with a comprehensive list of all of Mobiles missing could y’all help share repeatedly on local news FB pages? I think highlighting the discrepancy with what’s listed by local police and how many there are would help shine light of all of the missing.

Guys if I was to come up with a comprehensive list of all of Mobiles missing could y’all help share repeatedly on local news FB pages? I think highlighting the discrepancy with what’s listed by local police and how many there are would help shine light of all of the missing.

YES, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member