GUILTY AL - Four Luong children thrown from Dauphin Island Bridge, Mobile County, 7 Jan 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Im all for the death pentalty but why should they give him what he wants....in this case I think the punishment should be he stay alive with the pictures of his 4 babies on his cell walls so he can be haunted by what he did...he dies...his suffering ends

Im all for the death pentalty but why should they give him what he wants....in this case I think the punishment should be he stay alive with the pictures of his 4 babies on his cell walls so he can be haunted by what he did...he dies...his suffering ends

I wasn't thinking about his suffering to be honest. I was thinking of the Mother of these children and hoping that his death would bring her a sense of justice for her children.

I wasn't thinking about his suffering to be honest. I was thinking of the Mother of these children and hoping that his death would bring her a sense of justice for her children.

I am usually against the death penalty for a number of reasons (Daisy ducks!), but I am for it in this case for the reason that you gave.

Mr. Judge: Here's the reply! Your wish is my command!

This is in Alabama (my home state), trust me, they will grant his wish.

I'm just over the state line in northwest Fla. I will never forget the pictures in the the PNJournal of those sweet children's faces and that poor mother's anguish. This was such a sad, sad time - such a sad story.

I remember there was talk that they were going to rename the bridge something like 4 Angel's bridge or something like that, but maybe that's just what locals were going to call it. Oh...this is choking me up just typing this out.

Okay...local news was just on. According to Alabama Law this still has to procede to a jury trial. It will begin next week.

This story hits me so hard. I have been a mess all day just reliving it. I live in Mobile and was one of the volunteer searchers when this happened. Sick! Evil man! I have no other words! This entire community was just in a state of shock! The pure callousness that this man exhibited by doing this to his babies, then going to drink and hang out with his girlfriend like NOTHING had happened :( He confessed, recanted, confessed...back and forth! Please take a moment to watch this tribute video if you will. It really shows how this city came together for those children. Also, the bridge is shown 3:33 and 3:58 into the video - giving a perspective as to how horrified these poor babies must have been. This is still so raw here and I still tear up EVERY time I have to drive over that bridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=976VNRqn1Bk

I'm just over the state line in northwest Fla. I will never forget the pictures in the the PNJournal of those sweet children's faces and that poor mother's anguish. This was such a sad, sad time - such a sad story.

I remember there was talk that they were going to rename the bridge something like 4 Angel's bridge or something like that, but maybe that's just what locals were going to call it. Oh...this is choking me up just typing this out.

Gypsy, we must be neighbors! PNJ is my newspaper. I clearly remember when they found each of these precious angels:(

Add me to the PNJ club cause thats my newspaper too...

I understand the mother possibly wanting him dead...but if I knew he would suffer more staying alive..thats what I would want....anything to make him suffer just as much as I would be each and every moment

That monster deserves the death penalty, I have 2 young children who are my world and I dont understand how anyone can harm a child. its just beyond belief and it makes me soooooooo upset and furious:behindbar

R.I.P little angels:innocent:

Ugh...he's at it AGAIN! Last week he was on the news saying he was going to plead guilty and requested the death penalty. Today it is reported that he will again change his plea back to not guilty.

Mom: Husband laughed after 4 thrown from bridge

The mother of four young children tossed to their deaths from an Alabama coastal bridge testified Monday that her common-law husband laughed when he told her that the children — then reported missing — would never be found.

"He kept laughing," Kieu Phan, 23, told jurors at Lam Luong's capital murder trial.
Phan burst into tears when color photographs of the children were flashed on a screen for jurors. Prosecutors said they will seek a death sentence if Luong is convicted.
The 38-year-old defendant sat motionless as the woman identified each of the victims by name.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/6314185.html

Lam Luong has been convicted in the deaths of his four children.

A jury has convicted a south Alabama man of capital murder in the deaths of four young children tossed from a coastal bridge last year.

The jury deliberated only about 40 minutes Thursday in convicting 39-year-old Lam Luong, who came to the U.S. as a refugee from Vietnam at 14. He showed no emotion when the verdict was read.
The jury returns Friday for to make a recommendation of death or life without parole in the penalty phase. The judge is not bound by that recommendation.

http://www.myfoxal.com/dpp/news/20090319Man_Convicted_of_Killing_His_

Ugh...he's at it AGAIN! Last week he was on the news saying he was going to plead guilty and requested the death penalty. Today it is reported that he will again change his plea back to not guilty.

Why does that strike me as a familiar defense tactic? Plead for death prior to sentencing, then recant? I think I remember that strategy can be used in appeals process? I'm trying very hard to remember---I think I've heard of another case where during the appeals process this was done to demonstrate psychological problems and to try to appeal the sentence? Maybe someone can remember. At any rate, I hope that he gets the appropriate sentence handed by the jury and confirmed by the judge.

http://www.al.com/press-register/stories/index.ssf?/base/news/1237540522311240.xml&coll=3

Lam Luong convicted of capital murder; case moves to penalty phase
Friday, March 20, 2009
By KATHERINE SAYRE
Staff Reporter

A jury convicted Lam Luong of capital murder Thursday in the deaths of his four young children, who were tossed from the Dauphin Island bridge — a ruling that the children's uncle said brought "happiness and sadness in one" for the family.

The Mobile County Circuit Court jury took about 40 minutes to find Luong guilty of five counts of capital murder after closing arguments. Luong, 38, threw the children from the 100-foot-tall bridge the morning of Jan. 7, 2008, in what prosecutors said was an act of revenge against his wife, Kieu Phan.

Anyone know what happened with this? I thought sentencing was today, but can't find anything about what happened...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back