GUILTY AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PRICHARD, Ala. (WALA) – A Prichard family is pleading for help to find a missing 8-year-old Hawayi Populus Robinson. Family members say Hawayi was last seen around 5 p.m. Tuesday, September 16 at the Saint Stephens Wood Apartments in Prichard.
The family said Hawayi came home from school, as she always does, to change her clothes and meet up with her father. They said she would never leave without anyone, especially her mother, not knowing her whereabouts.

http://fox10tv.com/2014/09/17/family-says-8-year-old-missing-from-prichard-since-tuesday-afternoon/

Thanks for posting. I grew up near this area and have been so worried about this baby since last night.

goodness gracious! I hate these cases she's probably still somewhere in that complex.

I don't see her stats as alarming. But then again I have a 12 1/2 year old who only weighs 60 pounds and a 4 year old that weighs on 34 pounds. Some kids are small nothing weird necessarily about that. My other two children are perfectly average in size just these two for what ever reasons got the small genes. I'm just jealous I didn't get them. ;)

I don't see her stats as alarming. But then again I have a 12 1/2 year old who only weighs 60 pounds and a 4 year old that weighs on 34 pounds. Some kids are small nothing weird necessarily about that. My other two children are perfectly average in size just these two for what ever reasons got the small genes. I'm just jealous I didn't get them. ;)

I have to agree with you. I remember being weighed in class when I was in the 5th grade at age 11. (yep they did that in school back in the early 70's and said your weight out loud). I weighed 58 lbs and the kids in the class laughed. I was kind of olive oil skinny.......but in my adult years I seem to have been able to correct that issue! :shame:

Looking at her photos, there's no way she's only 3' tall. Her weight could be possible I suppose but I don't think so. I think someone just took a guess and it's really wrong. If my child went missing, I'd have trouble thinking of my kid's stats and I may just spit something out so they'd be able to print flyers quickly.

For reference: the average 8 year old girl is 48-51" and 50-64 lbs and I believe I heard Hawayi's mom say her 9th birthday was next week.

ETA: I don't think it's a big deal if the weight is off but if people think they're looking for a child the size of a 3 year old (average size: 36") when they shouldn't be!!

I grew up in Mobile. Prichard was considered a very high crime area at that time (years ago). I hope it has changed but from my trips back to see my 93 year old Dad and my friends who are still there, there has been a little improvement but still pretty crime riddled. Also, the proximity to major water scares me for this cutie-pie.
It is Still a high crime area. I dont even drive through the area, it is gang infested. If I had to live there I surely wouldn't give me child this much freedom, heck as an adult I wouldn't walk alone to a cousins house in Prichard. About 10 years ago I got lost in Mobile and ended up in Prichard, I stopped at a store in broad daylight to ask for directions and somebody rushed me with a knife in hand, I ran with all my former high school track glory, almost to my car I fell and landed on both knees, just about that time a cop pulled through the store parking lot, no doubt he saved my life. My knees were torn to shreds though. I' m praying this little girl is OK but I don't have a good feeling.

I don't think she wandered off on her own. There was a really terrible storm that came through the area around the time that she was reported missing. It wasn't as bad around the time that she walked to her cousin's apartment but it was getting cranked up. I don't think any child would have wandered off alone with the weather being so bad. I pray she is found soon. There are 26 RSOs in Prichard, AL.

What a unique name and a gorgeous girl.
I can't help but think of Jorelys and Skyler and all the others though... :please:

Link to video with mother and father talking about the circumstances surrounding Hiawayi's disappearance, addressing some rumors, and giving information about the search.

http://snewsi.com/id/1437421936/Hiawayi-Robinson
Wow, so many questions from this. It's hard to believe that no one there wouldn't know anything. Someone had to have seen something. She didn't leave the complex on her own. Those units, the parking lot, it seems impossible for her to get from one to the other, unless going next door, without someone seeing her. It looks like the whole complex is out rallying for her, I hope she will be found very soon.

I'm confused about the circumstances of Hawayi going to her cousins. Dad was supposed to go but never went? Did he call anyone to say he was not coming over? If he didn't call someone, that raises red flags for me.

I didn't get a bad vibe from either parent while they were talking on the news (link upthread).

The circumstances about going to a family member of dads is odd. Why wouldn't dad come pick her up at her own apartment? Instead he makes plans to pick her up somewhere else and doesn't show?

I wonder if there is any animosity between the families? A custody or child support thing?

Hoping for the best and fearing the worst. Please let her be found today. :praying:

The presser should be starting soon. I can't find an on-line link, but channel 10 said they will carry it live. If anyone find's a link, please post. TIA!

Live coverage of the prayer vigil now.

Presser is starting. Starting by thanking all partners involved, U.S. Marshalls, FBI, Klaas Kids, etc.

FBI agent in charge: has called in BAU and the child abduction team. Needs public help -- someone knows what happened to her and where she is. 1-800-CALL-FBI.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back