AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - I've really enjoyed reading all of the hard work that has been put into this case. Excellent sleuthing! Here are some things that I've focused in on:

1- I find it odd that the white truck sat so long at the pump without any gas purchase. For that reason alone, I can't dismiss it from this picture.
2 -The one scenario that I come up with is that it wasn't a lone person that committed this crime. I'm envisioning 2 males (but perhaps 1 male, 1 female). The girls come upon a possible arranged accident / body on road and are waved down by another person in a car. They would stop. Gun is pulled and person forces entry into their car. other "body" jumps up and follows in the perps car/truck. Girls are taken someplace remote. Girls each run trying to get away at someplace that has water element. Each male easily able to grab a girl. Only 1 male sexually attacks girl. I'm also thinking he forced her to perform oral. Wonder if LE tested her saliva in time in order to rule this out. Again, I'm thinking the same person is the one who does the shooting. Maybe even a weird relationship like John Muhammad and Lee Malvo. Handprint could belong to the younger / more innocent perp. Girls car is driven to Herring. Perp is picked up by his friend who is following.
3. I definitely think a 2nd car was involved. I don't think the 2 people were on foot else there would have been some evidence / activity reported in the rear seat.
4. I can't place the importance of the driver's license. Was it dusted for prints? The same scenario above could have taken place but 1 / both of the men were wearing MP like uniforms.
5. I found it interesting that there were rail tracks immediately behind the gas station. Hmmmm.... Was it an active line?

Thanks for listening to my thoughts.

The entire area looks like it was scripted for a horror movie. :notgood:

I'm sure its been stated, but with reading so many threads and working on my own research, my three active brain cells get a little overwhelmed... What exactly is the area where the memorial is located? It looks like it was once a paved pull-off, or part of a driveway or something.

3. I definitely think a 2nd car was involved. I don't think the 2 people were on foot else there would have been some evidence / activity reported in the rear seat.

Snipped by me. I mostly agree with your post (I can't dismiss the white pick up either and I've thought about the license being dusted for prints as it would tell us if it's a red herring or if the girls really thought the perp was a cop) or at least don't disagree (I'm on the fence about there being two perps).

However this stood out to me and my :twocents: is that there doesn't have to be evidence in the back seat... if they were never travelling in the car with the perp(s), like if they were in the trunk because they had been killed or were being taken somewhere to be killed, the perps would probably just on the front seats if it was only 1 or maybe 2.

I also think that one man with a gun could overpower them by threatening to kill one of them or both if any of them tried to escape or call for help.

I'm sure its been stated, but with reading so many threads and working on my own research, my three active brain cells get a little overwhelmed... What exactly is the area where the memorial is located? It looks like it was once a paved pull-off, or part of a driveway or something.

Believe me, I got that same creepy feeling myself yesterday!

When you are traveling along James St going toward Herring, you are actually in the edge of downtown. You pass the public library and then the hospital, 1 house on each side of the road, and you are in the woods, turn left onto Herring, and immediately there is the memorial on your right. It is just the shoulder of the road. That's it.

This is not an area that you would drive through to get to somewhere else. The only reason you would be in this area(IMHO) is because it is your destination. You have business there. It's hard to describe what I'm trying to explain, but if you were to be there and see it,you would understand.

Question:

Why would the killer keep the keys?

My guess is that after the killer parked the car, turned off the ignition and put the keys in his pocket as a matter of habit. Of course, once he realized he had them he was not about to go back to the car.

I wonder if the abandoned building near Depot Lane & Jones St. was abandoned in 1999? If so, did LE go inside to look for a possible crime scene?

Like the Blair Witch Project that came out the same time...

My guess is that after the killer parked the car, turned off the ignition and put the keys in his pocket as a matter of habit. Of course, once he realized he had them he was not about to go back to the car.

I wonder if the abandoned building near Depot Lane & Jones St. was abandoned in 1999? If so, did LE go inside to look for a possible crime scene?

There are a lot of reasons. One I can think of is if the killer left them in the car he was concerned someone would pop the trunk right away. He may not have known there was a trunk latch in the car. He could have taken them hoping no-one could/would open the trunk until later. It is possible the girls were not dead when locked into the trunk. Taking the keys, did what the perp hoped, stall the opening of the trunk to assure they were dead. I think the reason why I think this is because of the one bullet each. Either someone was trained in "kill shots" or they knew the girls would eventually bleed out from the single wound. Pretty confident with shooting skills. Neither wound is necessarily fatal unless done correctly.

I remember my sister and I being followed one night like that on a dark road. We were scared to death! We pulled into the driveway of the first house we came too.

I wish I could convey to all of you how close in distance all these locations are to each other. The pictures just don't bring that out. It really gave me a different feeling for what happened that night . It was one thing to try to visualize it, but completely different when I was actually in those locations.

ITA. Especially if the events of that night took place between the Big/Little Store, Depot Lane, and Herring Avenue. Heading north on Herring after stopping at the memorial, I was shocked to find just how close the Big/Little Store is to the north end of Herring. It's right there. And Depot Lane is just 1600 feet beyond.

I don't you about all of you but driving in an unfamiliar area in the dark is somewhat distracting and nervewracking. It would have been pretty dark- no streetlights-Did the girls start to follow the directions back to the highway and accidentally turn on the wrong street, then have to stop and turn around (or keep driving trying to find their way back)?

As far as the ice company- I think it is possible that this is how their pants got wet and their shoes got muddy- but it depends on how far up the wetness was. If pants are wet ankle high I think it is possible. If pants are wet mid calf or higher I think it would be wet field grass. Plus, we have the whole "Sandy Creek" information. Did anyone figure out where that was?

That dam white truck!
Is it an image of the killer?
Or someone whom happened to be at the same place around the same time the girls were there?
The witness never mentione3d anything about seeing the truck as far as we know.

The girls stopped the vehicle for some reason not long after leaving the payphone. Could have seen someone walking and stopped to ask a question.

If the killer was the white truck he could have followed them and pulled beside them and yelled something about there vehicle that seemed so real the girls just had to stop and investigate.

but the police just wanted to know if they seen anything around that time. WHy would they pull into a closed gas station and set near a pump knowing they wont be getting any gas since the place is closed??

I wish that witness was here. Seems to me, the person in the truck seen the conversation going on between the witness and the girls and went in the lot and parked where seen on tape to get a better look and probably to listen to the conversation..........BUT only the witness could answer that for us. Or a LEO that investigated the case from the start.

Where do I view the crime scene photos? Thanks!

I am looking for two photos to show that I seen on this thread from a link posted i believe it is,was.

One is the detectives looking in the trunk, and the other is a picture of one of the girls legs showing the wetness and mud on her shoes......She is wearing jeans, white they looked with low cut sneakers.,, The wetness went up to around the calf area but not really up to the knee.......Looked like she walked or ran in wet muddled dirt and some knee hi grass.

ILL keep looking for those photos for you.

There not colored but black and white. Like newspaper articles.

That dam white truck!
Is it an image of the killer?
Or someone whom happened to be at the same place around the same time the girls were there?
The witness never mentione3d anything about seeing the truck as far as we know.

The girls stopped the vehicle for some reason not long after leaving the payphone. Could have seen someone walking and stopped to ask a question.

If the killer was the white truck he could have followed them and pulled beside them and yelled something about there vehicle that seemed so real the girls just had to stop and investigate.

but the police just wanted to know if they seen anything around that time. WHy would they pull into a closed gas station and set near a pump knowing they wont be getting any gas since the place is closed??

I wish that witness was here. Seems to me, the person in the truck seen the conversation going on between the witness and the girls and went in the lot and parked where seen on tape to get a better look and probably to listen to the conversation..........BUT only the witness could answer that for us. Or a LEO that investigated the case from the start.

BBM...perhaps this white truck didn't know the gas station was closed. Remember this was long before mass use of debit cards for everything including gas pumps. Or...the person pulled in to get a drink or buy the girls beer and saw the station was closed and left. It could be very simple. Pull up, notice it is closed, why get out of the car? :twocents:

I don't you about all of you but driving in an unfamiliar area in the dark is somewhat distracting and nervewracking. It would have been pretty dark- no streetlights-Did the girls start to follow the directions back to the highway and accidentally turn on the wrong street, then have to stop and turn around (or keep driving trying to find their way back)?

As far as the ice company- I think it is possible that this is how their pants got wet and their shoes got muddy- but it depends on how far up the wetness was. If pants are wet ankle high I think it is possible. If pants are wet mid calf or higher I think it would be wet field grass. Plus, we have the whole "Sandy Creek" information. Did anyone figure out where that was?

This is what I think as well. And if they were sensing being followed, being young, they could have made a series of poor choices down side streets in an attempt to escape and ultimately ended up on a road, such as the one off of Edna I saw, in the mud and trapped. We, as adults know to go to the brightest light public place you can find, but panicked teens may think, take this next turn, turn again...and end up somewhere very isolated, muddy, etc.

This is what I think as well. And if they were sensing being followed, being young, they could have made a series of poor choices down side streets in an attempt to escape and ultimately ended up on a road, such as the one off of Edna I saw, in the mud and trapped. We, as adults know to go to the brightest light public place you can find, but panicked teens may think, take this next turn, turn again...and end up somewhere very isolated, muddy, etc.

But why bring the vehicle back close to the place they were last reported seen at.? Why not just leave it where it was?

The police seem certain they were killed elsewhere than brought to the area they was found. Which makes things somewhat confusing to me.

It's possible that white truck was parked at the B/L for a perfectly innocent reason. How many of you from small towns remember cruising on weekends? When there was nothing going on, you parked in the parking lots of certain buildings waiting to see if some of your friends would come driving by.

Or maybe the driver pulled in to get gas, then saw the store was closed and left.

It's MHO that the girls did not decide they were lost in the short distance from the B/L to Depot Ln, and decide to turn in there. We're talking about approx.30 seconds elapsing...

Does anyone know where this creek is that has been mentioned? I did see a small creek that went under Herring St. inbetween the memorial and the apartments. While the road was still in a wooded area. Could this be it?

Our soil here has a lot of clay in it ranging from a brownish tan color to bright orange. If the girls did get stuck, the did not do it inside of Ozark in the area of Broad St., Hwy 123, or 27 .That are is all paved- even where they would pull off of the road- there are curbs lining the roads and they would have had to have pulled into a parking lot or driveway if they left any of these roads inside of town.I keep thinking about the killer being someone stationed at Ft Rucker. It is the army's training school for all their helicopter pilots. Most of the personel that are there are Warrant Officers. They have several other training schools, all related to flying and lots of soldiers come and go on TDY. We have pilots come here from other countries to get training.

It would be very interesting I think if someone with the time and research skills to check into it to find out if there have been similar murders around army bases.

I think there are 2 reasons why there have not been other, similar murders in the area- it was either someone who was not a permanent resident of the area, or it really was an execution style murder.

BBM: Your post solidified what I had been thinking, as I started to read about the horrific, militaristic sounding murders of these two beautiful girls who had the whole world in front of them.

I am only on page 1 of this thread, but, the convicted Canadian serial killer, former Colonel Russell Williams had a lingerie fetish, was stealth like and stalking in the hunting of his prey, kept souvenirs of his victims (lingerie among other things), and was horrifically brutal in his murders.

In November of 1999, he was promoted to Major, whereby he served in Ottawa as a multi-engine pilot career manager.

He is a pilot.

He frequented the U.S.

He murdered 2 of his known victims and sexually assaulted 2 of his known victims during times of elevated pressure at work (promotions, etc.)

If it is possible to see if in any of his official military business included Ft. Rucker during 1999, it would be wise to do a Freedom of Information request to the Canadian Government.

There is a task force currently investigating Williams profuse international travels, and possible crimes.

Russell Williams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wish that witness was here.

Seems to me, the person in the truck seen the conversation going on between the witness and the girls and went in the lot and parked where seen on tape to get a better look and probably to listen to the conversation......... BUT only the witness could answer that for us.

You have no idea how many times I've wished I could talk to Marilyn Merritt and her daughter.

I am looking for two photos to show that I seen on this thread from a link posted i believe it is,was.

One is the detectives looking in the trunk, and the other is a picture of one of the girls legs showing the wetness and mud on her shoes......She is wearing jeans, white they looked with low cut sneakers.,, The wetness went up to around the calf area but not really up to the knee.......Looked like she walked or ran in wet muddled dirt and some knee hi grass.

ILL keep looking for those photos for you.

There not colored but black and white. Like newspaper articles.

Here you go, I believe this is the first photo you're referring to:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=KsodAAAAIBAJ&sjid=W6YEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4171,732017&hl=en

And then I'm thinking the crime scene photo(s) you're referencing of the wet jeans and the muddy shoes appeared in very brief flashes during the "factual" first portion of the Haunting Evidence episode.

It's possible that white truck was parked at the B/L for a perfectly innocent reason. How many of you from small towns remember cruising on weekends? When there was nothing going on, you parked in the parking lots of certain buildings waiting to see if some of your friends would come driving by.

Or maybe the driver pulled in to get gas, then saw the store was closed and left.

It's MHO that the girls did not decide they were lost in the short distance from the B/L to Depot Ln, and decide to turn in there. We're talking about approx.30 seconds elapsing...

Does anyone know where this creek is that has been mentioned? I did see a small creek that went under Herring St. inbetween the memorial and the apartments. While the road was still in a wooded area. Could this be it?

"ok now let me explain- for those who saw the Haunting Evidence episode, John had drawn a map to the place he felt the actual murders had taken place. it was a place i'd never seen. they didn't tell where it was located. chase and i went looking for it the day after the broadcast. we were driving down herring av and i just glanced up and saw the chain across a clearing that entered the woods. it was at an angle and i'd never noticed it before. this is where john said the murders were committed. to the right is that "bottom" area that scared me- thats the creek. when you pull up into this clearing it is, although in the city limits, like being in the middle of nowhere."~quoted from website. Also a person who went to visit the memorial and get a feel for the area.

here's the link:

http://www.ghostsamongus.net/v2/Forums/viewtopic/t=1806.html

What get's me is when she mentions the "ice house" in the other forum, behind it there's "Jone's Pool"?
Which I can only imagine as a local swimming hole on a Mr. Jone's land?

BBM I grew up in a very small town and yes, we all went cruising. Sometimes people would park their cars and jump in their friend's car and they all went cruising together. We did not have to worry about the parked cars towed because nearly everybody knew everybody and we would recognize the parked cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties