AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I really don't have any theory as to what happened... I just know these girls were killed.

I will say the murderer was confident in his use of the gun. Besides that????

Why are they so sure it was a sex related killing? They had this case solved and book shut until the dna sample appeared out of nowhere. I dunno doesnt seem like a sexually motivated killing, what it seems like is an execution. Such a strange csse this one is. I wouldn't throw any theory out yet.

BTW, I really don't have any theory as to what happened... I just know these girls were killed.

I will say the murderer was confident in his use of the gun. Besides that????

I agree. I think the murderer didn't seem to be hesitating when he killed them - and also probably that they weren't moving a lot so he could be threatening them to keep them still.

I feel like someone less confident or less experienced with guns would have been 'messier' and perhaps 'wasted' shots or shot them more times to make sure he hadn't missed (sorry if that sounds gruesome).

Why are they so sure it was a sex related killing? They had this case solved and book shut until the dna sample appeared out of nowhere. I dunno doesnt seem like a sexually motivated killing, what it seems like is an execution. Such a strange csse this one is. I wouldn't throw any theory out yet.

I think it's because of the DNA sample and also that one of the girls, J.B. I think, was found with clothes removed from her body.

It could be both - perhaps an execution done by a perp who think he's hot stuff and can get away with sexual acts also, perhaps a sexual crime by someone whose killing style was more execution-like for some reason we don't know. The hints pointing to a sex related killing could have been planted there on purpose however, perhaps the perp didn't want anyone to suspect it was an execution - perhaps that would have made it too obvious, for example if it was related to a meth house then that could have been clear to the police if not for the sexual elements, so the perp planted them at the crime scene just to throw LE off.

I agree. I think the murderer didn't seem to be hesitating when he killed them - and also probably that they weren't moving a lot so he could be threatening them to keep them still.

I feel like someone less confident or less experienced with guns would have been 'messier' and perhaps 'wasted' shots or shot them more times to make sure he hadn't missed (sorry if that sounds gruesome).

I think it's because of the DNA sample and also that one of the girls, J.B. I think, was found with clothes removed from her body.

It could be both - perhaps an execution done by a perp who think he's hot stuff and can get away with sexual acts also, perhaps a sexual crime by someone whose killing style was more execution-like for some reason we don't know. The hints pointing to a sex related killing could have been planted there on purpose however, perhaps the perp didn't want anyone to suspect it was an execution - perhaps that would have made it too obvious, for example if it was related to a meth house then that could have been clear to the police if not for the sexual elements, so the perp planted them at the crime scene just to throw LE off.

i thought she was fully dressed. but test results showed DNA on her bra, panties, and skin indicting that maybe at some point she had not been dressed. investigators were surprised to find this as the girls hadn't been raped.

J.B., owner of the car, had a keychain that said "hard2get". this keychain has never been found ( or the keys).

I guess my main point there was that we are all baffled as to why this case hasn't been solved yet BUT in fact it was solved. They had their man. He had information that only someone who saw the girls that night would have. Why does the DNA not being his now give him a free pass? Isn't it quite clear that he has some answers? What did he see that night? Was he involved somehow but the semen was not his. Usually a DNA sample is what closes cases. In this case however the DNA sample is what is keeping this case cold. Like I said, very strange case indeed.

I guess my main point there was that we are all baffled as to why this case hasn't been solved yet BUT in fact it was solved. They had their man. He had information that only someone who saw the girls that night would have. Why does the DNA not being his now give him a free pass? Isn't it quite clear that he has some answers? What did he see that night? Was he involved somehow but the semen was not his. Usually a DNA sample is what closes cases. In this case however the DNA sample is what is keeping this case cold. Like I said, very strange case indeed.

If you believe this, then you must go back to LE protecting someone.then you must ask, who is important enough, or has the power to cause LE to allow the killer(s) of these innocent girls to go unpunished?

If you believe this, then you must go back to LE protecting someone.then you must ask, who is important enough, or has the power to cause LE to allow the killer(s) of these innocent girls to go unpunished?

Killarney. It isn't about my beliefs. They had johhny B locked up and ready to go to trial but changed their minds because traces of semen was found and it wasn't his. It is just strange the ways the semen sample came out of nowhere

Killarney. It isn't about my beliefs. They had johhny B locked up and ready to go to trial but changed their minds because traces of semen was found and it wasn't his. It is just strange the ways the semen sample came out of nowhere

Interesting...

It is possible that there were two people involved in the murder.. the formerly locked up guy and another guy.

It is also possible the DNA is unrelated to the murder. If J.B. had a boyfriend, I suppose he has been located. But, what if he didn't see her that night...?

This is kind of gross, but what if she hand washed her underthings and they just didn't get clean? When people are in horrible situations, they sweat. Sorry to be gross, but this is a possible explanation for this.

And maybe she had a guy no one knew about?

Or it could be some weirdo who is connected with the murder who is not a rapist so isn't coming up in matches for DNA because he has not raped anyone. I think J.B.'s keychain might have made someone decide to be mean to her. ("Hard2Get")

Please forgive me, J.B.

Another really odd thing about this case is the white truck seen on video at the BL store. They were looking for it for yrs (like it would be hard to track down a white pick up truck in a small town) then all of a sudden they say it was tracked down in 2004 and nothing came of it.

I forget, were fbi ever called in for this case?

There is something weird about this case... besides the fact that someone executed these two teenaged girls.

I don't know how to explain the DNA on J.B. Maybe the police know more about that and they aren't saying to protect J.B.'s privacy? But, then, if that is the reason then why did they let the individual they caught out of prison based on it? They must believe it relates directly to the murder.

So, meth houses and executed girls... these girls were not stopped on the street by some weirdo. Somehow, they stumbled into a world of youknowwhat. And the people they were dealing with were on METH and maybe hadn't slept in a couple of days. A bizarre scene ensues.

They get searched. They get run around outside (or this may have happened during the stumbling onto something phase).

I wonder if there is a way to determine how far J.B. really might have driven that night. (Or, I guess, her car more than her.) What if she did go to a party? Or tried to? There were other parties happening that weekend, after all. They had already called and said they would be late. So, if they knew of a nearby party.. maybe they tried to find it.

speculation

Or it could be some weirdo who is connected with the murder who is not a rapist so isn't coming up in matches for DNA because he has not raped anyone. I think J.B.'s keychain might have made someone decide to be mean to her. ("Hard2Get")

I don't understand this part of your post, a keychain is such a small thing. IMO most people who could have noticed it would just have taken it as a joke, maybe even assumed it was a inside joke she had with friends. If anyone decided to kill her over it then IMO it goes back to the theory of it being a stalker.

I don't understand this part of your post, a keychain is such a small thing. IMO most people who could have noticed it would just have taken it as a joke, maybe even assumed it was a inside joke she had with friends. If anyone decided to kill her over it then IMO it goes back to the theory of it being a stalker.

I am not saying he murdered her over a keychain. I am saying he messed up her underwear over the keychain. (SPECULATION for the meth search scenario only!) Also, I am trying to be delicate. And that is a less precise way of describing that I mean.

You and I wouldn't think anything of the keychain. In fact, since J.B. was a dancer, I would probably assume she meant something she achieved in dancing (she competed, I think.. not sure about that) was "hard to get", but she had done it.

Some guys who are creeps would think getting in her panties was the subject of the keychain. So, he might have played a trick on her. Now, I am not talking about normal people, I am talking about a creepy guy who would participate in a murder, participate in the making/distribution of the foul drug meth, and generally would be hopped up so all of his worst tendencies are at the fore.

Remember, there is a guy who claims he TOOK J.B.'s keychain. He said it would never be found. He said he threw it in the Ohio river. That keychain affected him. (rumor)

This is not a criticism of J.B. I do not think she meant anything offensive at all. Also, she did not expect anyone like this to be looking at her keychain anyway.

But, my friend's murderer got in court during his trial for first degree murder whining over something even more trivial than this keychain that he blamed my friend for that might not have even happened. And if it did, it happened a long time ago and he beat my friend to death over it.

Murderers are PETTY. (if you are sensing anger, it is not to you Veidt.. it is to the murderer of my friend and all of the foul things he said). I am just thinking if J.B. encountered him, he would get mad at her over NOTHING. A keychain or any other tiny thing that can be imagined. But, he would have beat her up*, so I am so grateful he did not encounter this dear young lady.

ETA
*fatally

Moo speculation

Don't worry you don't sound like you're being angry with me or anything. I also didn't think you were insulting J.B. on purpose, I was just pointing out, if someone did anything over the keychain they would have already been up to no good. As you said someone who would already be willing to commit murder, IMO either because of already being a violent who came across them or being a stalker.

I'm SO sorry about your best friend. I don't know about the case but from what you say it sounds horrible, nobody should have their lives or their loved ones' lives taken away from them like that. All the hugs to you (and if you ever need to talk, feel free to PM). I hope that guy ended up in jail and that you at least got some closure.

Don't worry you don't sound like you're being angry with me or anything. I also didn't think you were insulting J.B. on purpose, I was just pointing out, if someone did anything over the keychain they would have already been up to no good. As you said someone who would already be willing to commit murder, IMO either because of already being a violent who came across them or being a stalker.

I'm SO sorry about your best friend. I don't know about the case but from what you say it sounds horrible, nobody should have their lives or their loved ones' lives taken away from them like that. All the hugs to you (and if you ever need to talk, feel free to PM). I hope that guy ended up in jail and that you at least got some closure.

Oh, i see how you mean...

O.K., here it is, I think there are two murderers. One shot the girls. One participated and is also guilty.. and he is DNA guy. The guy who shot them did not care about the keychain except for it having the car key on it. The other guy was more immature. if he had been the only murderer, this would probably be solved. but, his DNA isn't hitting because he is not a rapist. He was more just being rude (very, very, very rude) to J.B., but he didn't wish to rape her. MOOOO

But, yes, he is still a violent and even if he did not pull the trigger, he greatly assisted in the murder. at the very least accessory after the fact and they can probably throw some kind of sexual assault at him, too.

thank you for your kind words about my friend. i have learned a lot about murderers from what happened to her and i see it over and over with these crimes.

like this one, if these guys had played their cards right, they could've let the girls just leave. because it was dark. even if the girls saw something, did they even understand what it was? probably they were more concerned about being lost.

I'm sorry, I haven't figured out how to multi-quote, so please bear with me. I said up thread that

Maybe I was misunderstood, but then December said -

O.K., here it is, I think there are two murderers. One shot the girls. One participated and is also guilty.. and he is DNA guy. The guy who shot them did not care about the keychain except for it having the car key on it. The other guy was more immature. if he had been the only murderer, this would probably be solved. but, his DNA isn't hitting because he is not a rapist. He was more just being rude (very, very, very rude) to J.B., but he didn't wish to rape her. MOOOO

What I am trying to say now, as well as earlier is that this fits with Barrentine's stumbling upon the murderers when he went to the store for milk. It fits with him being the immature one that December mentioned. He was there and knows what happened but didn't participate.thus he would return home late and all shook up.it makes the white truck fit IF it belonged to Eagle Towing or the garage Barrentine's worked for as the two were affiliated. It would fit that all three-Barrentine, the girls, the white truck all met up at the Big Little Store. Also it fits that the actual killer(s)are getting some kind of cover up from LE.

Now that is just a theory and it doesn't account for the suspect in Ohio, but I will never be convinced that this is not a valid theory unless LE personally shows me the case files proving otherwise. And we know the chances of that happening!

Throughout this thread we have discussed multiple theories that all seem to be good theories. Unfortunately as lay people with no access to the actual case files we don't know which ones are the most promising.

I hope I made sense!

I'm sorry, I haven't figured out how to multi-quote, so please bear with me. I said up thread that

What I am trying to say now, as well as earlier is that this fits with Barrentine's stumbling upon the murderers when he went to the store for milk. It fits with him being the immature one that December mentioned. He was there and knows what happened but didn't participate.thus he would return home late and all shook up.it makes the white truck fit IF it belonged to Eagle Towing or the garage Barrentine's worked for as the two were affiliated. It would fit that all three-Barrentine, the girls, the white truck all met up at the Big Little Store. Also it fits that the actual killer(s)are getting some kind of cover up from LE.

Now that is just a theory and it doesn't account for the suspect in Ohio, but I will never be convinced that this is not a valid theory unless LE personally shows me the case files proving otherwise. And we know the chances of that happening!

Throughout this thread we have discussed multiple theories that all seem to be good theories. Unfortunately as lay people with no access to the actual case files we don't know which ones are the most promising.

I hope I made sense!

Perfect sense. I agree with it all. It is the most likely theory IMO

Perhaps LE isn't actually coverings for someone. Perhaps they don't know who the killers were or they suspect but have no evidence. Perhaps Barrentine is so afraid of them that he won't tell who they are, so LE has their hands tied.

I hope I made sense!

O.k., maybe there are 3 murderers... ?

The shooter whose concerns are just getting rid of the girls efficiently.

Driver (Ohio guy) who threw away car keys and might be DNA guy.

Helper, milk run guy who did whatever he did. Maybe. Wasn't he excluded as DNA guy?

IDK... i wonder if Ohio guy has been checked for DNA?

However, Ohio guy had a friend in meth mentioned on topix. Maybe that guy was there?

I really think to be executed as they were, these two girls accidentally drove right in the middle of someone's operation and that someone (shooter) wasn't taking any chances. Maybe the others tried to handle things, but then had to call him for advice. so, his solution was the murder. (speculation)

(rumor) the topix poster said at least one of the meth guys was a police informer.

December, yes, Barrentine is the milk run guy.his DNA was excluded.but he seemed to know too much for a guy of his IQ to have made up as he later claimed. That has kept him suspect in the eyes of many.

There have been a lot of rumors and theories that seem to make good sense but they have been discounted by LE for one reason or another. This of course has fueled the rumors of them protecting someone. If you discount the meth rumors, then the prominent person theory takes precedent because the girls were killed to keep their identity secret.

What started out as some prominent good ol boys hitting on a couple of hot chicks gets out of hand and the girls had to be silenced to protect the boys reputations. The girls had the nerve to say no t o them.

I'm no expert sleuthers, not even a very good one. But I read a lot of true crime, too much...lol. One thing I have come to see in a large percentage of cases that get solved is that usually it is the first and most logical suspect that finally get caught and proven guilty.

Killarney Rose, one of the guys associated with the rumor (maybe two of the guys) were informers for the police. But, from what the rumors I've been able to find say, they pretty much just turned in math users.

I just do not think the police would protect such low level informers in a case of double murder. I wonder if the police just can't figure out how to prove some of these guys were involved. That's just kind of speculation and moo.. anyway...

but I understand how if everyone in town feels they know what happened and who is responsible why don't the police just arrest whomever. But, sometimes people forget that if the police don't have enough evidence and somehow the DA goes forward then the case will fail and J.B. and Tracey won't get justice.. it is sooo frustrating

i don't even live in Alabama and have never been dothan... so I could be wrong about some of my theories... like way off...

but, i just feel this was carried out more like an execution rather than any kInd of sex/rape thing being the primary motive. maybe one of the creeps wanted to rape the girls and was forbidden by the leader... idk...

however... i was thinking of DNA hits in the computer and i remember that more than one city/state has many untested rape kits dating back years... there are thousands of them... maybe this guy ought to have hit, but the ,
kits that wouId have identified him are in storage somewhere waiting to be tested and put into the computer.

eta
my phone is soooo much smarter than me, it knows this is all about math. math should be m e t h.sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie