AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would explain a lot. The wet pants, the car left where it was, the fact the crime seems to be a crime of opportunity done in some haste. As the area near the road was wooded and overgrown, they might have been just a couple of feet off the road, if they were ever off it at all.

This is a good development. Sounds like these ex-cops are scared and are attempting to silence their critics. One has to wonder why. If anything this nonsense lawsuit may very well backfire and shed some light on corruption that was happening at the time.

IF this were a credible media outlet. It isn't.

Are the ex-cops not filing a lawsuit? In that case, I retract what I said. When I heard they had filed a lawsuit I immediately thought they were trying to intimidate people. I didn't realize it was a hoax. My bad.

Are the ex-cops not filing a lawsuit? In that case, I retract what I said. When I heard they had filed a lawsuit I immediately thought they were trying to intimidate people. I didn't realize it was a hoax. My bad.
It's not really a hoax, but it isn't true. Jon Carroll of HCR tends to post whatever wild claims he dreams up and call them the truth. He is being sued by some of his victims. Some of the LEO. He really ran JB's sister through the wringer recently with a lot of posts that were lies. The whole Rena Crumb thing.

That's terrible. The poor girl has been through enough. I have a question, does it appear that LE was involved in a cover up or is this just a rumor? What is your opinion?

My opinion...FWIW..LOL...I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me, but I've always believed it to be a crime of opportunity.

Wouldn't forensic tests be able to determine if the legs on the girls' pants had been wet by a creek, grass, or ice?

Wouldn't forensic tests be able to determine if the legs on the girls' pants had been wet by a creek, grass, or ice?

Or the police. LE has easy access to water/ice. It's likely they are the ones to dampen the girl's pants.

It's not really a hoax, but it isn't true. Jon Carroll of HCR tends to post whatever wild claims he dreams up and call them the truth. He is being sued by some of his victims. Some of the LEO. He really ran JB's sister through the wringer recently with a lot of posts that were lies. The whole Rena Crumb thing.

That makes no sense. It is either true or it is not.

Here it is from the Dothan Eagle. Third paragraph down.

http://m.dothaneagle.com/news/local...474-c6bd-11e5-bf9d-5f5df6edc575.html?mode=jqm

That makes no sense. It is either true or it is not.

Here it is from the Dothan Eagle. Third paragraph down.

http://m.dothaneagle.com/news/local...474-c6bd-11e5-bf9d-5f5df6edc575.html?mode=jqm

I don't understand what you are trying to say.
I was saying that Jon Carrol posts untrue things on his blog. You can't believe what he writes.

The LEOs that he slandered with this story are suing him, as reported in the Dothan Eagle article.

It was just a matter of time until he wrote lies about the wrong person and got sued.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.
I was saying that Jon Carrol posts untrue things on his blog. You can't believe what he writes.

The LEOs that he slandered with this story are suing him, as reported in the Dothan Eagle article.

It was just a matter of time until he wrote lies about the wrong person and got sued.

Here lies the difference. You say untrue and I say uncorroborated. Unless you are claiming some inside knowledge neither of us know how much truth is involved in his story. Yes they are suing him, doesn't mean that anything reported was untrue, or was knowingly printed as untrue.
Take CNN for example, didn't they report that Carson was pulling out of the race? Was that true? Do we discount everything on CNN because of it? No. What about Brian Williams, do we discount everything from NBC now? No we don't. To bring it closer to home, you keep calling the HCR a bunch of lies, are we to believe you? What evidence have you offered up? I am not interested in your personal axe to grind whether it is justified or not. What I am interested in is making some progress in this case. Whether you like him or not, the one thing he is about to get accomplished, whether unwittingly or not, is to have several Ozark PD under oath answering questions about the murder. If they use this opportunity to do a little fishing or not is up to them but what an excellent chance that has not presented itself in 16 years.
Silence is the biggest enemy of cold cases, at least someone is stirring the fire and getting the conversation going. Whether he is right or wrong, you have to give him credit for that.

Here lies the difference. You say untrue and I say uncorroborated. ...

Amen! This is exactly what I have been saying. Something about this case is just not right - more so than other unsolved murders. There is a reason the crime has attracted so much attention. It wasn't investigated properly from the start, and people who live in the area have always suspected some kind of LE involvement in the murders, if not directly then certainly as part of a cover-up.

Whatever the case may be, this John Carroll character has shed some light and brought attention to the case. I commend him for doing so. Whether he is crazy or not remains to be seen.

If JC with HCR had anything other than wild speculation... he would have printed it like any reputable media source. Instead... Little by little was leaked... All smoke and no fire. You can't tarnish people's reputation without proof. I saw or read nothing to support the allegations. His reporting was biased. Maybe had it been more editorialized instead of printed as fact... Then I would give him a pass. Instead, I remember reading a beef that he had over drug evidence allegedly planted to implicate him. In fact, aside from the attention the case may have received, I feel it has hurt the case. No reputable media source has taken off with this. Why? Because there is no bite behind the bark. There is no way the good ole boy network of LE in any town could crush mainstream media from a legit coverup. Does Watergate ring a bell? That was corruption at the highest of high levels and it leaked out. It was stupid and shotty incompetent police work on this investigation... And not a coverup. Maybe they tried to cover up how badly they investigated it. As far as corruption goes... There isn't a police force in the world that hasn't had corruption at some point. I won't defend LE on that point. This was a crime of opportunity most likely by someone with little or no connection to the victims.

All of this is my opinion... Which I happen to believe. I respect everyone's passion for this case and hope it continues.

I just read my post... It sounds like an enraged rant...lol. Not meant to be that though...

I just read my post... It sounds like an enraged rant...lol. Not meant to be that though...

Well I didn't realize what a kook this JC guy is. Now that I have read his stuff, I see where you are coming from. He is definitely a tinfoil hat type. That doesn't change my belief that someone who was/is in the Ozark PD knows exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyH