Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
H
If JC with HCR had anything other than wild speculation... he would have printed it like any reputable media source. Instead... Little by little was leaked... All smoke and no fire. You can't tarnish people's reputation without proof. I saw or read nothing to support the allegations. His reporting was biased. Maybe had it been more editorialized instead of printed as fact... Then I would give him a pass. Instead, I remember reading a beef that he had over drug evidence allegedly planted to implicate him. In fact, aside from the attention the case may have received, I feel it has hurt the case. No reputable media source has taken off with this. Why? Because there is no bite behind the bark. There is no way the good ole boy network of LE in any town could crush mainstream media from a legit coverup. Does Watergate ring a bell? That was corruption at the highest of high levels and it leaked out. It was stupid and shotty incompetent police work on this investigation... And not a coverup. Maybe they tried to cover up how badly they investigated it. As far as corruption goes... There isn't a police force in the world that hasn't had corruption at some point. I won't defend LE on that point. This was a crime of opportunity most likely by someone with little or no connection to the victims.

All of this is my opinion... Which I happen to believe. I respect everyone's passion for this case and hope it continues.
Thank-you for this post. I totally agree with you. You already said what I was thinking so much better than I could have!

After 16 years there is no further damage that can be done to this case. Are we thinking they were just about to solve it and JC just ruined it?! Lol, yeah. I do not support this guy but I say again, he has brought this case back into the public view and his involvement has been good for the case just because of the attention he has brought to it. Think about it guys, at this point the old adage is true. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Also LEO has easy access to ice and water. This helps explain how an LEO probably made the girls pants wet.

Check my posts. Several pages back when HCR was coming out with this, I mentioned that any attention is good. But it is my belief that focus can be swayed from the right path with too many distractions. Options are good... Lateral Thinking is good. I'm not going to totally discount any theory altogether. As I get older, I have less of a conspiratorial mind. This surprised even myself... because I once fought and argued tooth and nail to anyone who thought Oswald acted alone. Now, I think Oswald acted alone.

For example, if a grocer stock person was suppose to clean and disinfect vomit from an aisle, after mopping and cleaning... he squirts some hand sanitizer on the cleaned area to disinfect it. Shortly thereafter... a customer slips and falls. His incompetence left the store liable due to the slippery state he left the floor in. It doesn't mean there was a conspiracy by him to make someone bust their *advertiser censored*. But word gets around from a few employees and they all laugh and assume this guy did it on purpose. Pretty soon it becomes "fact" that this 16 year old kid squirted sanitizer gel down as a prank and word gets outside the store to the customer... who had some litigation pending and a stack of doctor bills. As stupid as this story sounds (and I know it sounds pretty dumb), this really happened. Heck it's probably happened a hundred times. This kid's inability to properly clean and disinfect a hazard properly, appeared to be malicious.

I apologize for using such a poor analogy, but didn't wanna make one up so I used an actual event. My point... I think that LE were so incompetent and fudged this thing so badly, it bred every one of the conspiracy theories that have evolved from this horrible crime. So in a nutshell, in my opinion... LE brought this on themselves.

Truth be told... I wish it WERE a conspiracy. A conspiracy would mean multiple people were involved. To me this would increase the likelihood of this case being solved. The more people involved, the greater the chance someone gets busted and tries to save their skin or cut a deal about what they know about an old murder. My gut tells me that only one person knows... and that is the killer. But I would love to be wrong. Really.

And distractions and unsupported theories can hamper detectives. If a high profile crime occurs and 10 crazies a week are calling in to confess to it... it takes away from the investigation. Please don't misunderstand me. I like reading everyone's ideas and theories about this. It's why we come here. I think it's a good thing to have different points of view and to toss stuff back and forth.

* To be fair though... sometimes these "distractions and unsupported theories" pan out and lead to a break. That's me... always fair... lol

Also LEO has easy access to ice and water. This helps explain how an LEO probably made the girls pants wet.

Yes, ice and water are very hard to come by. LE would have had the easy access to these rare items.

Lol... ok I'm gonna get totally railroaded for this one but I couldn't help myself HotRod... don't hate me! lol

And distractions and unsupported theories can hamper detectives. If a high profile crime occurs and 10 crazies a week are calling in to confess to it... it takes away from the investigation. Please don't misunderstand me. I like reading everyone's ideas and theories about this. It's why we come here. I think it's a good thing to have different points of view and to toss stuff back and forth.

* To be fair though... sometimes these "distractions and unsupported theories" pan out and lead to a break. That's me... always fair... lol

Not to be argumentative but the point I am trying to make is up until JC started posting stuff this investigation was going nowhere fast. There was/is nothing to side track because the investigation was not/is not on track.

BTW, new video discovered......JFK shot first!

Not to be argumentative but the point I am trying to make is up until JC started posting stuff this investigation was going nowhere fast. There was/is nothing to side track because the investigation was not/is not on track.

New video released suggests JFK shot first!

I like it! A Derringer in his coat pocket! Now I see!

Listen, I agree 100% that this investigation has been stagnant for some time. I personally believe there are actual physical things that can and should be done by LE or approved investigative teams. I've always thought the entire area should be metal detected. I still think more interviews and re-interviews need to be conducted. I honestly have no idea if any cold case detectives or any official LE are actively working this. I have my own theories. Even some of the guys who agree with me that this was not a LE conspiracy or cover-up... disagree with my theory on how the crime occurred. That's what makes this great... we all discuss it. BTW... I'm still laughing about the ice & water thing... I probably shouldn't have jacked with him on that lol

I BTW... I'm still laughing about the ice & water thing... I probably shouldn't have jacked with him on that lol

No worries! I deserved it. Pretty foolish thing to say. Not like water is scarce for non-LEOs. Hahaha

I wonder if there's any truth to the rumor that ozark has been uncooperative in giving full access of case files to the AG's investigator.

Well, I hope that in the course of this litigation, an official timeline is given of exactly what the police did and when they did it.

Something went badly off the rails almost immediately and it has helped the murderer all of these years.

For example, one thing we know is they had the car for a while before they realized the girls were inside it. I honestly don't think that was done out of anything other than they maybe did not originally believe this was going to pan out to be ANY kind of crime. So, maybe the car was just a car to them for hours... Not evidence nor a crime scene.

I halfway wonder if they expected the girls to walk up any minute.

I wonder if there's any truth to the rumor that ozark has been uncooperative in giving full access of case files to the AG's investigator.

As I understand it; the Ozark police have been EXTREMELY uncooperative and have made every effort to derail the investigation.

It is still posted on the sister's Justice FB page as of yesterday. Clicking on link take you to YouTube, but I couldn't find it by searching YouTube directly.

This isnt really an interview, just "Bookie" talking about that night. Is there another video that OPD are "preventing access to"?

[video=youtube;vJYGhgxLarw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJYGhgxLarw&sns=fb[/video]

I am trying to be open to more theories. It's hard once you start going a certain way. It is possible that more than one person were involved, but only one person dropped the vehicle off in it's final location. There could have been multiple people at the "kill site". Then one person (for example JWB) could have been given the task of ditching the car. This is a point that I'm disappointed in myself for overlooking. I may never stop believing the the vehicle was left there out of necessity though. I believe that.

All this comes in light of recent conversations that I have had.

Then why the false narrative that they were lost looking for the Headland party? Sounds pretty clear that Bookie told her family (the following morning) they were on their way to Midland City to meet a guy. 16 years and the official story is they were lost looking for the party. They were lost looking for this guy's house or wherever they were to meet him at. Why is it not known who they were going to meet? Why has this guy not come forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025