AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm learning more and more. The only explanation that I've been given about many of the false reports... are that the media grabbed stuff and ran with it.

I am also learning that the DL was not left on the dash. It was in deed placed there by LE and photographed, but wasn't found like that. It was removed for the photograph.
That little bit of "evidence" helped give birth to the "LE did it" conspiracy.

I'm learning more and more. The only explanation that I've been given about many of the false reports... are that the media grabbed stuff and ran with it.

I am also learning that the DL was not left on the dash. It was in deed placed there by LE and photographed, but wasn't found like that. It was removed for the photograph.
That little bit of "evidence" helped give birth to the "LE did it" conspiracy.

Where did you learn that? I dont think the family has this information, if true.

I have it on good authority that the family is aware of that. I have no reason to doubt the source.

Just because I'm told this, doesn't mean my source wasn't lied to. So keep that in mind. But yes, the family is aware.

Then why the false narrative that they were lost looking for the Headland party? Sounds pretty clear that Bookie told her family (the following morning) they were on their way to Midland City to meet a guy. 16 years and the official story is they were lost looking for the party. They were lost looking for this guy's house or wherever they were to meet him at. Why is it not known who they were going to meet? Why has this guy not come forward?

We don't know if they did go to someone's house or not. I had heard rumors about things like that and I also heard that they were supposed to meet someone (possibly a guy?) at the Field Party, but couldn't find it. Who knows? We also don't know if he came forward or not or if he was ever interviewed. I believe it was Chief Spivey that stated a lot of local guys were interviewed and voluntarily submitted DNA samples and were cleared.

It is my understanding that JB knew her way around Ozark having lived there for a while and having travelled there for dance. I think they asked for directions at the Big/Little Store because JB was uncertain of the quickest route back to Dothan.

Well, the Bookie video was interesting. It explains how the girls got so far off course.

Now, to the place he says they said they wanted to find... What if the situation was a little like him and the field party. He was determined to go to the field party (and went), but he wasn't specifically invited. He just knew enough people that he knew if he got there, he would get into the party. So, if the party the girls decided to go to was the same way, no one could come forward if they didn't know the girls had decided to attend their parties.

There has been information all along that several parties were taking place. I think one reason the media focuses on the field party is there is more confirmation that they said they were going to it. But, it always seemed strange to me that they were. It was a long drive for only spending a short while at a huge party.

Well, the Bookie video was interesting. It explains how the girls got so far off course.

Now, to the place he says they said they wanted to find... What if the situation was a little like him and the field party. He was determined to go to the field party (and went), but he wasn't specifically invited. He just knew enough people that he knew if he got there, he would get into the party. So, if the party the girls decided to go to was the same way, no one could come forward if they didn't know the girls had decided to attend their parties.

There has been information all along that several parties were taking place. I think one reason the media focuses on the field party is there is more confirmation that they said they were going to it. But, it always seemed strange to me that they were. It was a long drive for only spending a short while at a huge party.

Yes but Bookie does not say they are going to another party. He is saying they are going to meet someone. Yes, that could be at a party but they were going there with the intent of seeing someone specific. Since they gave their directions to Bookie then that pretty much means they gave up on the field party. Everything in Bookie's video says they did not and were not going to the party in Headland.

We don't know if they did go to someone's house or not. I had heard rumors about things like that and I also heard that they were supposed to meet someone (possibly a guy?) at the Field Party, but couldn't find it. Who knows? We also don't know if he came forward or not or if he was ever interviewed. I believe it was Chief Spivey that stated a lot of local guys were interviewed and voluntarily submitted DNA samples and were cleared.

It is my understanding that JB knew her way around Ozark having lived there for a while and having travelled there for dance. I think they asked for directions at the Big/Little Store because JB was uncertain of the quickest route back to Dothan.

My complete understanding as well.

The more I think about it, the more I think the problem happened at Big Little. I think either they were given the wrong directions (I am not saying on purpose) or they misunderstood the directions they received. It is very easy for someone to accidentally say "turn left" when they meant to say "turn right" or similar issue. Often, people have NO idea they made this mistake.

From all I have heard it is nearly impossible not to get to the highway they wanted from that store without something going wrong. This is the easiest thing to go wrong besides car trouble and the car was in good running condition when found some hours later.

Only four people heard those directions. J.B. and Tracie can't say what they were told/thought they were told. The lady who gave the directions, if she made a mistake and did not realize it, would have given the correct directions when asked what she said. And, from what I understand, she has died (not sure). So, only her daughter is left and I think she was not even old enough to drive at the time, so she might not have caught an error.

My point in laying all that out, if a mistake happened at that point, we will probably never know for certain. But, it's kind of logical to think it did.

This might lead J.B. and Tracie to seek more directions from someone else is J.B. realized they were kind of turned around. Or, to stop and look at a map.... If they had one.

Oh and to add to whatever J.B. was told at Big Little, there's whatever Bookie told her. Again, I don't think he would tell her anything wrong on purpose, but he thought she was going straight from Citgo to the Headland party, for one thing. And ... I need to look at a map... But it doesn't seem like she did.

I looked at map. From Dothan, if you're going to Headland, you absolutely shouldn't wind up in Ozark (which I realize has been said before). Is it possible J.B. was really bad with directions? I mean, some people are.

Finally able to log in. I kept forgetting my info. It took me all of Friday night to catch up on the thread and read through everything. I want to thank all of you for taking interest in This case and keeping it fresh in the eyes of the public. It means so much to me.

Oh and to add to whatever J.B. was told at Big Little, there's whatever Bookie told her. Again, I don't think he would tell her anything wrong on purpose, but he thought she was going straight from Citgo to the Headland party, for one thing. And ... I need to look at a map... But it doesn't seem like she did.

I looked at map. From Dothan, if you're going to Headland, you absolutely shouldn't wind up in Ozark (which I realize has been said before). Is it possible J.B. was really bad with directions? I mean, some people are.

I think you have it wrong. Bookie is telling them how to get to Midland City because they have given up on the party in Headland and they are going to meet a guy either from Midland City or in Midland City. He says JB wants to know how to get there without driving back through Dothan. I believe that is Highway 134 and it does cut right through to Midland City.

Jacqui, thanks for logging in and commenting. Can you clarify for us please? According to Bookie's video that is linked the impression is given that they gave up on the Headland party and were going to meet someone either in Midland City or from there. Is that what you know to be the official story? Also, have they ever found the guy Bookie was referencing or even attempted to locate him?

TooCurious, o.k. sorry about that.

Is that a little more on the way to Ozark?

I guess one thing I am thinking is J.B. has several sets of directions (most of them verbal) rattling around in her head this night when she only had so much time to go to parties. As far as I know, she never really got to any of the places she was trying to go.

Yes but Bookie does not say they are going to another party. He is saying they are going to meet someone. Yes, that could be at a party but they were going there with the intent of seeing someone specific. Since they gave their directions to Bookie then that pretty much means they gave up on the field party. Everything in Bookie's video says they did not and were not going to the party in Headland.

O.k., but it sounds like a spur of the moment decision J.B. had rather than a well-planned meeting. Bookie kind of rambled, but I do believe him. Did he know the guy as well or was it just someone J.B. knew and Bookie only knew the town she wanted to find?

What percentage of people did the police have to interview went to the Headland field party and thus may not even have a clear memory of that night? Until the Bookie video I never really thought about this.

Also, I wish the police would officially explain the driver's license. If it was in J.B.'s purse until the police took it out, then it scarcely matters. (By the way, the same thing happened with Kurt Cobain... His driver's license was in his wallet until the police took it out and photographed it. So, police do stuff like this and the media reports it like the victim left it that way.)

JB & Tracie had planned to go to a party in Haleburg. They changed their minds while at the Citgo in headland. They ran into Bookie there and asked him for directions to midland city/Ozark area.They were going to meet two friends. The police did talk to those individuals way back when. The girls never made it to them evidently.

What percentage of people did the police have to interview went to the Headland field party and thus may not even have a clear memory of that night? Until the Bookie video I never really thought about this.

Also, I wish the police would officially explain the driver's license. If it was in J.B.'s purse until the police took it out, then it scarcely matters. (By the way, the same thing happened with Kurt Cobain... His driver's license was in his wallet until the police took it out and photographed it. So, police do stuff like this and the media reports it like the victim left it that way.)

That's where the media has confused everyone. They were never going to a party in headland. They were passing through headland headed to Haleburg for a field party but last min they decided not to go.

Then one person (for example JWB) could have been given the task of ditching the car.

This is an interesting theory that not many of us thought about.

Supposedly the guy wasnt the brightest so it could be possible that he did a favor to someone for money and never even thought about hiding it far away from his own home. Simple mind ppl dont think much when they are on an adrenalin rush or scare etc... but then the problem with this theory is ; did Barrentine know about forensic evidences or knew that he had to clean up the car because there could be traces of his presence inside it? I know they only found a partial hand palm print but if he was as simple mind as I have read, there would be traces of the guy all over the car (well inside) but it could be someone else acting as the 'ditcher' though.

Something else I was thinking and nobody seems to think about it but didnt they say the car tank was empty? If so, could it be possible that the car was found at a place it wasnt supposed to be found. I mean, was the driver having another place to hide it in mind but then got surprise with the empty gas tank thus having to either walk back from where he came from or went back home via a helper following him in a 2nd car.

That's where the media has confused everyone. They were never going to a party in headland. They were passing through headland headed to Haleburg for a field party but last min they decided not to go.

Thank you Jacqui for joining us. We are fortunate to have you drop in from time to time to help clarify certain things for us.

I'm sure I am speaking for everyone who contributes here when I say we want justice and closure on this.

Thanks again... Jase

Jacqui, can you confirm what easongt said regarding the license on the dash. Was that where it was originally found or was it just placed there for the picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018