AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh be sure to believe certain LE were involved although their hands are clean for the most part they carried out the deed one way or another. this crime was intentional and planned. there is no serial killer or random thrill kill in this case. deliberant execution is the key to solving it who will be the knight in shinning armor to risk the journey to the truth? until that mercenary comes forth the discussion will continue...

barrentine was not equipped mentally to carry out this crime without evidentiary, maybe someone else thought the blame would be easily placed on him but that failed. a seasoned veteran or PI would better fit the facts in the case here. commit a crime, cause chaios, mislead less than par detectives or detectives willing to look the other way and remove amt traceable evidence to the actual guilty person or persons. easy to do with the means and unknowlngly parties at hand.

that tracey was confirmed as a virgin I don't recall that being said for j.b. although i'd like to assume the same. correct me if I am wrong on however...

You can't believe a thing posted in that rag. They are involved in a lawsuit now over posting lies about this case.

Anything from that site is questionable yes but the same goes for everywhere there is discussion about this case on the web. Soulmagent simply brought us a link to some very real looking documents and I'm quite sure the poster is not implying we should take everything we read as gospel. Thanks for the link Soulmagent.

Hello, I'm a first-time poster here, but I've been following this case closely since last November. I went to school with the girls in Dothan - we were not close, but many of my friends knew them well.

As much as the aforementioned site has been discredited, that inventory document seems unlikely to have been "made up"...and I just don't see any reason why someone would do that, anyway. Being in high school in that area, at that time, the list of items seems very true to fact. The type of music tapes listed, the business and I.D. cards, punch cards...all things that are too specific and true to things J.B. and Tracie would have with them.

As far as the connection to so-called missing cassette tapes, I have no idea.

I suppose you can take anything from that site with a grain of salt, but I do believe there's some truth in there.

And as far as the lawsuit goes...it doesn't seem unlikely that IF LE did have something to do with it, and there is a coverup, that of course they would do anything to discredit the author of that website.

Just my two cents. :)

Sent from my A846L using Tapatalk

Hello, I'm a first-time poster here, but I've been following this case closely since last November. I went to school with the girls in Dothan - we were not close, but many of my friends knew them well.

As much as the aforementioned site has been discredited, that inventory document seems unlikely to have been "made up"...and I just don't see any reason why someone would do that, anyway. Being in high school in that area, at that time, the list of items seems very true to fact. The type of music tapes listed, the business and I.D. cards, punch cards...all things that are too specific and true to things J.B. and Tracie would have with them.

I suppose you can take anything from that site with a grain of salt, but I do believe there's some truth in there.

And as far as the lawsuit goes...it doesn't seem unlikely that IF LE did have something to do with it, and there is a coverup, that of course they would do anything to discredit the author of that website.

Welcome to Websleuths and thank you for posting on this thread. The more locals we have the better we are! :welcome4:

I'm not going to harp on it, I'll just say this and back away. The owner of that site is a whack job and has pretty much discredited himself. If one wants to, they can google and read for themselves. His stuff sounds good when you first read it, but if you do some checking it's just lies. If you get caught up in it, you will really get sidetracked from what it real and what is made up. Here at WS we might not have access to official documents etc, but we are trying to come up with info that will help the case, not be discredited. As amateurs, we don't need to be associated with garbage like the HCR, because we want to be taken seriously. That is the last thing LE will do if we are associated with, or believe the nonsense posted by Jon Carroll. Or whoever he is claiming to be this week. He posts under various names.

I will add this in regards to the above-mentioned website. I do feel like they lost a lot of credibility in my book. With that said I feel comfortable in saying that not every single grain of information is false. But they will take any information they have and spin it to meet their agenda.

It is highly possible that the murders were premeditated prior to that night. It is possible it could be in law enforcement although I don't buy into that. At first I believed this was a crime of opportunity because of where the vehicle was left. But I have come around to believe it could have been someone with a motive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It is becoming more apparent every day that LE, MULTIPLE LE, raped and murdered those poor girls.

The evidence keeps mounting and the cops are starting to sweat because they don't have answers.

Before I thought maybe it was a simple case of an accidental police shooting and cover up. Now it looks like premeditated rape and murder on behalf of multiple crooked cops. So very sad.

If you do not know for FACT- DO NOT say they were raped. It's no ones business if my sister was a virgin or not or Tracie's! The administrator of this site needs to remove your comments as you cannot support your claim of rape.

I apologize if I gave the impression that I believe everything posted by that site...my point was mostly about the latest document that was uploaded. I also feel the author lost a ton of credibility awhile ago. I respect everyone's opinions and theories that have been posted here. I should also add that while I'm new to posting, I've read every post regarding this case on Websleuths...you guys have done some amazing work.

I just want to see this case solved like everyone else. I didn't mean to stir anything up.

Welcome xtinawing, good to have you here. Pardon the mess and the slight bit of drama that might pop up and jump in anytime you feel like it. We've actually kept the drama to a minimum for the most part. The place at times remind me of HS though, I mean we have cliques and everything. :)

The documents look genuine to me also. How the hell does this happen especially in the context of being "leaked" after the old guy's interview. The whole, LE coverup/cocaine/politicians/court hearing/ scenario is too far out there for me to believe, but the leaker, someone with access to these documents buy's into this bs?

I almost don't feel right discussing them...almost.

The obvious question is who leaked them and why. What's peculiar is the timing given the lawsuits piling up against the site owner. I'm not wearing my tinfoil hat at the moment so I'll stop right there.

If you do not know for FACT- DO NOT say they were raped. It's no ones business if my sister was a virgin or not or Tracie's! The administrator of this site needs to remove your comments as you cannot support your claim of rape.

Whether or not either girl was or was not a virgin is both irrelevant and frankly, as Jackie said, no one's business. Hot Rod, you seem so sure about police involvement. I thought that was probably the most plausible scenario at one time, but when I found out JB's license was not found on the dash, but rather placed there and photographed by the police, that theory seems less likely to me. I don't mean to be argumentative, but as I recall, one of the suspects was named Roger. (Initials were RC if I remember correctly). Hotrod, that is not you, is it?
Easongt brought up the theory that this was not random, and the girls were in Ozark for a reason. My question is who did the girls know in Ozark? When I was in high school I knew only a couple of people in the next town. Most of my friends went to school or church with me, but I did have a couple of friends/ acquaintances in the next town. Jacqui, do you know if JB had any male friends or acquaintances in Ozark?

It is strongly believed that there were multiple get-togethers or parties in the Ozark area that night. I think it is very plausible if they were at one of those parties and I have been told that they definitely knew people in the area. I feel that somewhere in a box is a list of interviews of potential witnesses to their whereabouts. What is collecting dust in an Evidence room or possibly in Montgomery with the Cold Case unit.

It is true at one time I believe 100% that it was random but I have since backpedaled from that theory. I do believe whoever committed this crime did know them. I could speculate as to motives but that's all it would be.

Right or wrong I have always felt if the police were involved, they would have totally torched the vehicle and left it somewhere where it would have been feasible to do so. It is a much more plausible scenario to me that the police just screwed up the investigation from the start.

I also have a nagging sensation that the person or persons involved in this crime probably creep this board.

It is strongly believed that there were multiple get-togethers or parties in the Ozark area that night. I think it is very plausible if they were at one of those parties and I have been told that they definitely knew people in the area. I feel that somewhere in a box is a list of interviews of potential witnesses to their whereabouts. What is collecting dust in an Evidence room or possibly in Montgomery with the Cold Case unit.

It is true at one time I believe 100% that it was random but I have since backpedaled from that theory. I do believe whoever committed this crime did know them. I could speculate as to motives but that's all it would be.

Right or wrong I have always felt if the police were involved, they would have totally torched the vehicle and left it somewhere where it would have been feasible to do so. It is a much more plausible scenario to me that the police just screwed up the investigation from the start.

I also have a nagging sensation that the person or persons involved in this crime probably creep this board.

You bring up some good points... and I'm sure they did have friends/acquaintances in Ozark and surrounding towns. I personally didn't know too many people outside Dothan, but as us high school kids got older, had access to driving, etc, I knew a lot of people who frequently went to parties, etc. out of town.

I almost feel a little embarrassed for thinking too much into the LE theory. Although I'll say it wasn't really the license thing that led me to believe that anyway...I just doubt if LE was involved, they would have been dumb enough to make it look that obvious.

I guess that theory stuck with me, and many other locals for so long, is that the crime was so so unthinkable...this kind of thing just didn't happen in our little SE AL world. And to teenagers, especially...we were invincible!
And the fact that it's gone so long without being solved, that also just seems insane to me. How? So a coverup all of a sudden seemed to make perfect sense...if that makes any sense. I just can't imagine them knowing anyone our age that could do something so horrific.

I did want to ask one question regarding LE and the night it happened that's always bugged me. Why/how did the Dothan officer at the BP recall seeing them around (10:30, is that correct?)? Even though Dothan isn't huge, it just seems weird that a random LE officer would remember seeing two HS girls just stopping into a convenience store...unless there is something they did to draw his attention, and I find that unlikely. That's what led me to believe that the theory they knew/hung out with officers...otherwise, why would he have noticed them? But, it could absolutely, and probably be, just a coincidence.

Other than the above question, I suppose that theory isn't very plausible, and as I said before, I feel a little embarrassed for thinking that it was anything more than a botched investigation.

I also just don't think this could have been random, either. I think they did know their killer(s).
I also, chillingly, think whoever did this probably does lurk this board.
I've also read all the old Wiregrass forums, and there certainly were a few people posting there that gave me the absolute creeps.

I apologize for rambling; just a few thoughts that came to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member