AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeROfH3V7ig&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Remember someone went to the area and found an abandoned location with a weird trophy room? Well, similar ones (VERYsimilar) have been found and photographed in New Mexico. First, found by a man who warned people away from the location. Then, the maintainer of the site moved the whole thing seven miles down the road to another abandoned building and set it all up again. The second site how now been mostly cleared out, but state police (New Mexico) have gone and read some of the stuff still scrawled on the walls.

Here is a video to news report. It looks much like the Alabama site to me.

The NM site is close to I-40 and the train. (People ride freight trains, I realize there are no passenger trains many places. It doesn't matter. Some people who do this also hike and squat at abandoned buildings.)

Link pasted at top. Sorry, on phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeROfH3V7ig&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Remember someone went to the area and found an abandoned location with a weird trophy room? Well, similar ones (VERYsimilar) have been found and photographed in New Mexico. First, found by a man who warned people away from the location. Then, the maintainer of the site moved the whole thing seven miles down the road to another abandoned building and set it all up again. The second site how now been mostly cleared out, but state police (New Mexico) have gone and read some of the stuff still scrawled on the walls.

Here is a video to news report. It looks much like the Alabama site to me.

The NM site is close to I-40 and the train. (People ride freight trains, I realize there are no passenger trains many places. It doesn't matter. Some people who do this also hike and squat at abandoned buildings.)

Link pasted at top. Sorry, on phone.

BBM I was not aware of that and would be very interested in reading about it. Could you please provide a link? Thank you in advance.

I went back through the entire old thread and I didn't find the photos. I will keep looking.

I would recommend a browse through the old thread. There are some photos (mostly on pages 8, 9, 10) that make a great companion to the photos in this thread. Putting them all together, we have about as good a picture of things they might have seen as we can get. The photos of the memorial are also very nice, it has changed some over the years.

Beware of getting caught up in the white truck mystery. You will see people posting finally that the police said they found the truck AND driver. They do not think he has anything to do with the murder. He is not local. He didn't come forward right away because he didn't know anyone was looking for him/his truck. All the info is in the thread. I think the police waited a pretty good while before mentioning it wasn't necessary to worry about the truck. Probably they didn't know people on the internet were working hammer and tongs on that crappy photo.

I just found out my dad called in a tip to police about a month after the murders. My dad's work had a police scanner type thing and about a month after the murders overheard a phone call that happened to be picked up. He can't remember the details of the conversation/fight but one man said to the other "if you don't do what I tell you, I'll do you just like those two girls." He gave his phone number at some point to the other person. My dad and his boss immediately called the police and relayed the info. Never once did they hear back from them.

I relayed this info to JBs sister via Facebook and she says she's definitely going to look into it. I also messaged the original investigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found out my dad called in a tip to police about a month after the murders. My dad's work had a police scanner type thing and about a month after the murders overheard a phone call that happened to be picked up. He can't remember the details of the conversation/fight but one man said to the other "if you don't do what I tell you, I'll do you just like those two girls." He gave his phone number at some point to the other person. My dad and his boss immediately called the police and relayed the info. Never once did they hear back from them.

I relayed this info to JBs sister via Facebook and she says she's definitely going to look into it. I also messaged the original investigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's probably the type of thing that should be sent in as a tip again. Or get in contact with a family member so they can get it in the hands of the proper authority.

Happy New Year to you all! Hopefully 2015 IS the year that will give us a breakthrough and conviction in this case as J.B. and Tracie really deserve justice!

I will never ever ever believe anything different that the killer(s) lives or lived within reasonable walking distance of the vehicle drop off location. It's just that simple.
Wasn't it proven that they were shot and then the vehicle was driven with them in the trunk? Through blood spray leaking to or through the exterior of trunk? If there were another vehicle... why not just leave them at the sight of the murder and flee? You couldn't if you needed to get back home. I would have interviewed every resident within a one mile RADIUS of the vehicle location. Without a valid tip from someone who actually knows something about the murder... this one will remain cold I think. So friggen sad...

I will never ever ever believe anything different that the killer(s) lives or lived within reasonable walking distance of the vehicle drop off location. It's just that simple.
Wasn't it proven that they were shot and then the vehicle was driven with them in the trunk? Through blood spray leaking to or through the exterior of trunk? If there were another vehicle... why not just leave them at the sight of the murder and flee? You couldn't if you needed to get back home. I would have interviewed every resident within a one mile RADIUS of the vehicle location. Without a valid tip from someone who actually knows something about the murder... this one will remain cold I think. So friggen sad...

I agree.. that is a reasonable distance that most people could walk.

I wonder if there are any major highways within that radius. If the person parked near such a place, within a short while of making it back to their car they could put a lot of distance between themselves and where they left the girls

There is the two lane hwy that is only a few blocks from the site. The one we theorize the girls arrived in Ozark by. Then there is major hwy 231 several miles south of the site.
MOHO is that this dump site was used because it is isolated and near the killers home. You just have to go to the site and ride around to understand how this is not a place you just happen upon to leave a car and walk to yours. Its a place where in order to be familiar with it you have to know the neighborhood. It's out of the way.

You and I are in total agreement on this case. The killer (or killers) either had a Vehicle near where JB's car was found, lived near there, or was staying with friends or relatives that night.

Yes, they were shot in the trunk of JB's car. There was a 9 mm shell casing on one of the girl's leg. I think the girl's bodies were moved to conceal the location of the crime scene. I have a feeling there was physical evidence at the scene such as foot prints, etc. The girl's had been marched through water and mud such as a creek or they had tried to escape and ran through a creek. By moving the girl's to the location they were found, it denied LE the crime scene evidence.

The reason for relocation is intuitively obvious... the pond was near the ambush location.. .. in the struggle to retrieve the girls from the pond one or more traceable items was dropped in the pond. The rogue officer dropped his police flashlight...

The reason for relocation is intuitively obvious... the pond was near the ambush location.. .. in the struggle to retrieve the girls from the pond one or more traceable items was dropped in the pond. The rogue officer dropped his police flashlight...

Can you expand on this thought process? The pond? Rogue officer?

On January 16, Tony Spivey retired from his position as Ozark Police Chief. Captain Tim Hicks will serve as interim chief, and the city looks to have the position filled by April. Spivey was with OPD for 32 years, and was named Chief of Police in 1996.

Spivey said he does not leave the office with many regrets, but one case in particular drove him for many years.

"The biggest one is the murder of those two girls, hands down," Spivey said. "The biggest regret that I can sit here and tell you I do have is leaving this office with the case of J.B. and Tracie being unsolved."

http://www.wtvy.com/home/headlines/...-Retirement--287852751.html?device=tablet&c=y

http://www.dothaneagle.com/news/gov...804-96a4-11e4-a45c-df6c6d034b9a.html?mode=jqm

http://www.lawenforcementedu.net/20...ney-spivey-steps-down-after-a-30-year-career/

Question: As Spivey was Chief of OPD in 1999, this will be the first change in the position since the murders were committed. What kind of impact, if any, do you anticipate this change could have on the case?

I have a question, want the person who was interviewed multiple times from michigan, or leave to go to Michigan?

Going from memory...He was originally from AL, near the area where the girls were killed. Very soon after the murders, he left for Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95