AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EASONGT is really on to something with his theory. He and I have discussed several aspects of this case and compared notes. Please keep in mind that there are several things that he and I cannot put on the public page. Beasley was familiar with Ozark. She had lived there for a while when she was younger. She was involved in dance and that had led her to Ozark many times, including the summer of 1999. The had planned to meet up with a couple of guys that evening (not at the field party) but either they or the boys were confused about the location and the the planned meeting never happened. That was verified. I think this is really the "lost" part of the evening Tracie told her mother about. Whether they attempted to locate the field party is anyone's guess. I'm certain they spent most of the evening trying to meet up with the two said boys. After abandoning that idea, they stopped in Ozark at the Big/Little for Tracie to call her mom. Carol (Tracie's mom) stated afterwards that Tracie was never late. So, I think she called her just to set her mind at ease and possibly buy them a few more minutes. As stated earlier, Beasley knew her way around Ozark. I think she asked for directions because she was confused about how to get back to the road she was looking for. They were approximately 25 minutes away from Tracie's home in Dothan. I think they planned to make one quick stop in Ozark before heading home. Unfortunately, the killer was there and he was able to capture them. The killer knew Beasley and had previously invited her there. So, yes they were lured or if you prefer-set up.

EASONGT is really on to something with his theory. He and I have discussed several aspects of this case and compared notes. Please keep in mind that there are several things that he and I cannot put on the public page. Beasley was familiar with Ozark. She had lived there for a while when she was younger. She was involved in dance and that had led her to Ozark many times, including the summer of 1999. The had planned to meet up with a couple of guys that evening (not at the field party) but either they or the boys were confused about the location and the the planned meeting never happened. That was verified. I think this is really the "lost" part of the evening Tracie told her mother about. Whether they attempted to locate the field party is anyone's guess. I'm certain they spent most of the evening trying to meet up with the two said boys. After abandoning that idea, they stopped in Ozark at the Big/Little for Tracie to call her mom. Carol (Tracie's mom) stated afterwards that Tracie was never late. So, I think she called her just to set her mind at ease and possibly buy them a few more minutes. As stated earlier, Beasley knew her way around Ozark. I think she asked for directions because she was confused about how to get back to the road she was looking for. They were approximately 25 minutes away from Tracie's home in Dothan. I think they planned to make one quick stop in Ozark before heading home. Unfortunately, the killer was there and he was able to capture them. The killer knew Beasley and had previously invited her there. So, yes they were lured or if you prefer-set up.

Very in depth and very interesting :thinking: esp.. The last 2 sentences ..

Very in depth and very interesting :thinking: esp.. The last 2 sentences ..

Sorry but I have a very hard time believing this is a 1 time thrill kill. After 16years there would have been a reoccurrence IMO. So that leaves killing for a purpose, revenge, money, or to keep a something or someone quiet. There is a motive behind this in my opinion, and that does suggest someone she knows but someone she knows better than just an acquaintance.

Sorry but I have a very hard time believing this is a 1 time thrill kill. After 16years there would have been a reoccurrence IMO. So that leaves killing for a purpose, revenge, money, or to keep a something or someone quiet. There is a motive behind this in my opinion, and that does suggest someone she knows but someone she knows better than just an acquaintance.

You are correct. It wasn't a thrill kill. It was a premeditated murder with a purpose. That purpose was one of the reasons you listed. And yes, the killer was known to one of the girls.

It's very difficult for me to lay everything out. But in a nutshell, the only motive that I can find would be to keep something from coming out.

It is documented there was going to be a hearing involving people being under oath. That hearing never took place. Those are not theories. those are facts.

That's all I feel I can say for now. When I find an opportunity I'm going to attempt to do a little more research. After talking about this case with several others, I feel the list of suspects is not as long as you may think.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Murders are committed for many reasons, many make no sense. They may have been the victims of a person that somehow gained control of JB & Tracie, tried to play out his urges & in the end executed the girls to make a quick exit/escape. With psychopaths, sociopaths, the motive might be as simple as having the urge to commit a crime & see if they can get away with it. Control.

May not have been a 1 time thrill kill. Many people move around. This type of killer would likely be a loner. I just think if more than one person was involved or had knowledge of this crime they would have told at least one other person. JMO

Murders are committed for many reasons, many make no sense. They may have been the victims of a person that somehow gained control of JB & Tracie, tried to play out his urges & in the end executed the girls to make a quick exit/escape. With psychopaths, sociopaths, the motive might be as simple as having the urge to commit a crime & see if they can get away with it. Control.

I definitely believe that you have the sociopath part right; however, I also believe there was a motive that had to do with JB's life. Was there a sociopath in her life before that fateful night? Was there someone who put their own twisted desires before what was good and right? Is there someone who has hate in his heart and is willing and capable of hurting others to further his own ends? Is there someone since the murder who has accused multiple other people of the act? It is too much of a coincidence that a girl with JB's tumultuous home life and lack of parental supervision was killed by a random thrill killer in my opinion. (Not impossible, but certainly improbable).

So just to get this pre-meditated motive or person they knew theory correct: J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett fool everyone into believing they are heading to a field party in Halesburg, AL. They then first call from the gas station in Headland, AL to further confuse and confound the people at the field party into believing they were actually lost and needed directions. They then drive to meet the mysterious boys or the killer, who mind you unless he has been notified, should have no idea where they are at. So they are not followed to Ozark, AL they decide to take the roundabout way, confirmed by the call in Headland, AL. Anybody that they might have ran into in Headland then also decides to return to Ozark, AL. since that is where the car ends up.

J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett then stop at the gas station in Ozark, AL. Tracie, who has church in the morning, tells a small lie, telling her mother they are lost. The girls, who know Ozark, then decide to pop in at the killer's place without notifying him of their impending arrival by calling him at the same payphone either immediately before or after the call to Tracie's mom. The whole idea was to go to his place if he was not invited to the birthday field party. Tracie decides that this stop is ok even though they do not have a lot of time. If she is late, she already knows her mother will not worry. The curfew was just her mom's way of hoping she would come back on time.

The killer is very smart. He kills them for information that nobody seems to have uncovered in nearly 17 years. J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett made sure not to write anything down. There could be another explanation. As they make a call from the payphone, he siphons all their gas out of the car. He then decides to commit double homicide for this crime if the motive was not sexual in nature.

I could go on and on. Maybe they saw the pizza delivery guy driving around and asked for directions? It was a Saturday night. One guess after another. Who knows.

Some Questions, I don't believe you are following that theory at all. You don't believe it, that's fine.

I can see how different theories could work because the main fact we have to work with is they're dead. Every other thing has been called into question at some point.

Based on that, who knows?

But, one thing, everyone forgets Tracie wasn't driving. Am I the only person who has been in the car with a driver who just does what they want? You know, because "it'll only take a second" and they're the one driving? Could be Tracie was telling the truth when she said the were coming home, but that changed after she said it because she wasn't driving.

And anyone who leaves at 9:45 to go to a party that isn't right across the street is probably going to miss an 11:00 curfew whether they are mature enough to realize it or not.

But, maybe they were going to that party and their trouble began at the first gas station. Maybe anything because we are light on facts.

ETA: I think they might have been going to one of the five million parties, but also might have been planning to meet someone somewhere (those two boys who waited for them). It is unrealistic due to time frame, but I think they thought they could fit much more stuff into the night than is logical. I don't think they planned to stay out all night.

I just watched the Allan Forrest (Bookie) video again and will attempt to answer some of the questions posted by "some questions" above. According to Bookie, one of the last people to see the girls, they were headed to the field party near Headland (he never mentioned Haleburg) but couldn't find the party and ended up at the Citgo station instead. They called someone at the party and JB said she had something to tell Jana, the host, but according to Bookie, they gave up and never attempted to get to the party again. Instead, they then speak to someone on the phone whom they are going to meet in Midland City. Bookie gave them directions to Midland City. Jacqui, JB's sister, has stated that they were supposed to meet these friends but never connected with them. Jacqui also says these friends were checked out and cleared. Midland City is about half way between Dothan and Ozark, so the assumption (Yes it is a guess- but an educated guess) is they went on to Ozark to see someone else- and he was there. As for the killer being smart, I think it is more luck. I think he's smart enough to lay low after the murders and hope no one really knows his motive. The motive could have something that happened recently before the killings, or a secret that could get someone in trouble of some kind. It might be a secret that was known only to JB and the killer, it happens. The killer also might have been acting in proxy of someone else, but I find that less likely. I do think it is possible that the killer has stayed involved with the case by spreading rumors and pointing fingers at others. And I do think it is possible that it was a random act- but not probable. There was too much in JB's life- including the hearing and the older male "friend" I've mentioned before, for this to be random in my opinion. If you have time, go to wiregrass.com and search the word "Russ" and read the threads that come up. I think you might change your mind. Maybe not...but it is informative and interesting none the less. Some Questions, you are right, one guess after another...but I for one think the guesses on this forum have become more and more educated. Just my opinion.

I just watched the Allan Forrest (Bookie) video again and will attempt to answer some of the questions posted by "some questions" above. According to Bookie, one of the last people to see the girls, they were headed to the field party near Headland (he never mentioned Haleburg) but couldn't find the party and ended up at the Citgo station instead. They called someone at the party and JB said she had something to tell Jana, the host, but according to Bookie, they gave up and never attempted to get to the party again. Instead, they then speak to someone on the phone whom they are going to meet in Midland City. Bookie gave them directions to Midland City. Jacqui, JB's sister, has stated that they were supposed to meet these friends but never connected with them. Jacqui also says these friends were checked out and cleared. Midland City is about half way between Dothan and Ozark, so the assumption (Yes it is a guess- but an educated guess) is they went on to Ozark to see someone else- and he was there. As for the killer being smart, I think it is more luck. I think he's smart enough to lay low after the murders and hope no one really knows his motive. The motive could have something that happened recently before the killings, or a secret that could get someone in trouble of some kind. It might be a secret that was known only to JB and the killer, it happens. The killer also might have been acting in proxy of someone else, but I find that less likely. I do think it is possible that the killer has stayed involved with the case by spreading rumors and pointing fingers at others. And I do think it is possible that it was a random act- but not probable. There was too much in JB's life- including the hearing and the older male "friend" I've mentioned before, for this to be random in my opinion. If you have time, go to wiregrass.com and search the word "Russ" and read the threads that come up. I think you might change your mind. Maybe not...but it is informative and interesting none the less. Some Questions, you are right, one guess after another...but I for one think the guesses on this forum have become more and more educated. Just my opinion.
Well said.

I also would like to say this. I am extremely hard to convince when it comes to conspiracy theories or far-fetched scenarios. I believe Oswald shot JFK although in my younger years I believe that the opposite. I believe the WM3 are actually guilty. I don't believe that 9/11 was a government conspiracy involving us officials at the highest levels at all. I have seen an unidentified flying object in the sky so UFOs are up in the air LOL. That aside I am typically grounded in the belief that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one if all things are equal. But I also believe in thinking outside the box. I approached this case believing it was a random act of the girl stumbling across the wrong person at the wrong time. But I have gone where the investigation and facts lead me. I could be 50% wrong or 100% wrong on some of the things I believe involved in this case. if you look at some of my posts early on, you will see that I've done a one-eighty.

I'm not just saying this to be politically correct, I respect everyone's opinion because we are all hoping to bring closure and justice in this case.

The one thing haunts me... I know the killer or killers probably have read or continue to read this discussion board. I believe there's a strong possibility they have anything posted on other boards.

Excellent Post!:drumroll:

The way I see it now is you have a guy on tape saying that he saw the girls in Headland and gave them "directions" to a place in Midland City. He is quite possibly the last person to see them before the BL lady and daughter. He very well could be the "setup man"! I think that the subtle clues lead straight back to "Bookie". Could it be possible that the directions he gave would lead them to a place that he knows well and is comfortable with? There is something odd about his demeanor in the video. It's almost like he wants to "say more" but restricts himself.

The way I see it now is you have a guy on tape saying that he saw the girls in Headland and gave them "directions" to a place in Midland City. He is quite possibly the last person to see them before the BL lady and daughter. He very well could be the "setup man"! I think that the subtle clues lead straight back to "Bookie". Could it be possible that the directions he gave would lead them to a place that he knows well and is comfortable with? There is something odd about his demeanor in the video. It's almost like he wants to "say more" but restricts himself.
In my opinion if the directions he gave did lead to that, it was unintentional. I think those close to the girls, especially those who spoke with them that night... carry a deep feeling of guilt or remorse... it's just a natural human emotion. A feeling that "had I only done this" type of thing. The exception of course being the killer.

In my opinion if the directions he gave did lead to that, it was unintentional. I think those close to the girls, especially those who spoke with them that night... carry a deep feeling of guilt or remorse... it's just a natural human emotion. A feeling that "had I only done this" type of thing. The exception of course being the killer.

Sorry, I disagree. Bookie's directions did not lead to anything, except Midland City. It is a straight shot from Headland to Midland City on 134. Just stay on 134, not even sure if there is a decent turn off on 134 to take. Unless I misunderstand, Bookie was 15 at the time. Just an aside, he is a musician now.

I keep finding myself back at these wiregrass forums. It's almost like you have to go back and re-read it all whenever there is another small piece of info reported. It's quite interesting going back and reading after you watch the HCR video interviews, I must say. I don't know how much truth was posted in those forums. Definitely some truths. But IMO, what is more revealing are the attempts at diversion on those old forums. Problem is, you really have to read through them several times, and take notes about who is who, to get a a good feel for what is going on there.
As for the HCR reports...Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. JMO

ETA - I have zero suspicions with regards to Bookie. I say that while maintaining that I keep an open mind to ALL possibilities. But I do find him sincere.

The Allen Forrest (Bookie) video is in post 818, this thread.

It does sound like he mostly just tells them the highway that goes to Midland City.

But, it also sounds more like he was 16 at the time because he keeps mentioning driving like he was driving looking for the party, etc. But, he says he couldn't find it and when he ran into J.B. and Tracie at Citgo, he said they couldn't find it either despite having "directions on a napkin".

So, they WERE lost, according to him. Lost meaning couldn't find party, not lost meaning totally bewildered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member