AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey buddy,

We did it. Exciting times. Can you clear up the confusion about the hearing being held for one of the girls? My opinion is still that the tapes is what the people were after. Maybe the two boys were sent to run interference on the girls. Whose the person who was almost hit by the two fast moving black cars?

Foreign =Mazda
Truck= ?

Post election night congratulations, TJ.

I have too. I’ve heard on good authority that the hearing was scheduled for literally the Monday after the murders. Not a week.
I have heard that before too but i wouldn't say it was "on good authority", more like rumour.

At this point I am inclined to believe V. Silver.

In her video, Jacqui talked about 2 guys without shirts who followed and frightened J.B. earlier that night.

Shined Rabbit, did you come across that information in your research and interviews as well?

That is quite a coincidence if it is a coincidence, in my opinion.

I never found hard evidence of that report- very possible the girls could have relayed that to someone that night- but I never read that report myself.

The court date was from court records- it was part of a custody hearing but also with “Juvenile Proceedings”- the court docket is public and can be accessed with an attorney.

I never found hard evidence of that report- very possible the girls could have relayed that to someone that night- but I never read that report myself.

The court date was from court records- it was part of a custody hearing but also with “Juvenile Proceedings”- the court docket is public and can be accessed with an attorney.

The reason I think the two shirtless guys following them is probably true, and relevant, is that JB's sister Jacqui said it in a video that she released. Jacqui thought they told it to Bookie, but Bookie (Allen Forrest who released his own video) didn't remember the incident. Jacqui, if you are still on the board, did you ever find out for sure who the girls told that to? Was it another friend at the Headland gas station? I just think that them being followed and scared by two unidentified males is way too much of a coincidence.

Yes- on August 10, 1999, the following Monday after the murders, there was a hearing scheduled.
What was the hearing on or about? There was rumors around town almost from the beginning that this was over some tapes but a lot of people couldn't figure what they could possibly be of. There are some things online that talk about parties taking place at an officers house and corruption of officers. Most all rumors have some truth to them IMO. I just hope the persons responsible are held accountable and they nail their *advertiser censored* to the wall. JMO

What was the hearing on or about? There was rumors around town almost from the beginning that this was over some tapes but a lot of people couldn't figure what they could possibly be of. There are some things online that talk about parties taking place at an officers house and corruption of officers. Most all rumors have some truth to them IMO. I just hope the persons responsible are held accountable and they nail their *advertiser censored* to the wall. JMO

I don’t know how to say more clearly that the hearing was a CUSTODY hearing with JUVENILE PROCEEDINGS. How do you or anyone frankly get to spout these rumors again and again. These were NORMAL TEENAGERS- not Narcs or secret agents- they were CHILDREN.

Again. The hearing was about J.B. and her mother. Period.

I don’t know how to say more clearly that the hearing was a CUSTODY hearing with JUVENILE PROCEEDINGS. How do you or anyone frankly get to spout these rumors again and again. These were NORMAL TEENAGERS- not Narcs or secret agents- they were CHILDREN.

Again. The hearing was about J.B. and her mother. Period.
My appologies Shined Rabbit, my computer hadnt refreshed. No need to get your feelings on your shoulders. I never said they were narcs or secret agents. I realize they were children. I'm from and live here. I would like for this case to be solve just like the rest of us. If you know something more than the rest then please share?

My appologies Shined Rabbit, my computer hadnt refreshed. No need to get your feelings on your shoulders. I never said they were narcs or secret agents. I realize they were children. I'm from and live here. I would like for this case to be solve just like the rest of us. If you know something more than the rest then please share?

This is not about my FEELINGS

This is fact vs fiction. The fictional stories about their lives and the murders have taken over this narrative for FAR too long. Enough.

Like I said, I am sorry. I know you have made a documentary and probably don't want to go into detail but can you or will you lay out the facts that you know? If not, can you give us any info as to when you'll be showing Shined Rabbit?

CuriousD, there was a "journalist" (I use that term very loosely) who published someone's theory as if it were fact in a blog. He hijacked the theory from a former police officer who claims to have done his own investigation. The "journalist" had been arrested for pot and had an axe to grind with local LE.

I think the former police officer was well intentioned, but he was elderly and I think he was probably taken advantage of by the "journalist." Their theory involved Tracie taping conversations that could get officials in trouble. They claimed that Tracie was going to use the tapes or testify the following week. They had a lot of accusations, but it turned out, absolutely no proof- and there was no court proceedings involving tapes and drugs.. that was all fantasy. I think most of us feel that theory has been completely debunked at this point. (ThinBlueLine being an exception...I think).

I believe Shined Rabbit (and some of the rest of us) just want to separate the fiction from nonfiction. This is all my opinion.

Like I said, I am sorry. I know you have made a documentary and probably don't want to go into detail but can you or will you lay out the facts that you know? If not, can you give us any info as to when you'll be showing Shined Rabbit?

Definitely will keep this feed updated with a release date as soon as we have one.

Definitely will keep this feed updated with a release date as soon as we have one.

Just imagine your audience at the premiere: all of us who are able to go just waiting for the film to begin and looking around at everybody thinking "Was it you? Was it you?". Spoooo-key key key key.

This is not about my FEELINGS

This is fact vs fiction. The fictional stories about their lives and the murders have taken over this narrative for FAR too long. Enough.

SHINED Rabbit, are you able to make the documentary available to those of us here who have been following the case for a number of years... probably more closely than anyone else on the planet?

I am more than willing to pay for it.

CuriousD,

Welcome to Websleuths, but with all due respect, please read the Terms of Service and rules on the home page.

Websleuths is a place to discuss verifiable facts to case in question. We do not discuss or engage rumors.

If if there is something you would like to discuss please post a link that verifies that information.

Thank you!!!

Shined Rabbit, I was curious as to what your opinion is of what happened to J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett on the night of July 31, 1999. Where do you think they went after leaving the Big Little gas station that night? Do you think their killer was someone known to them or a stranger? I know you cannot give away a lot of information because of the documentary being released, but since you did all the research and investigation I wanted to ask your opinion.

My theory is the following. Remember my theory is based off of reading numerous new articles, websleuths posts, etc. so I am not trying to spread false information if what some of what I write is wrong. I am not from Alabama. It is just I do not know what is true from fiction. So if I am wrong you correct me.

Before I start I want to say that I do not look at J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett as anything other than two teenage girls. From what I have read on here(and this could be rumor and not fact), when Tracie Hawlett called home she asked her mother if on the way home they could stop to visit two boys in Midland City, AL. The reason I think that is important is because it made me think that if they were going to visit those two boys they certainly did not have enough time to visit anyone else. I already thought they were headed home, but that point just solidified it. And since I now do not think they were lost, and if I think they did not make it to Midland City, AL since I think police would have talked to the boys, I have to think that they stopped someplace on the way back that was open after 11:30 pm., but before Midland City. What places would have been open after 11:30pm on Saturday night, July 31, 1999 along the route that they are supposed to have taken home? The only place I can think of is the rest stop on U.S. 231. Were their surveillance cameras in use at that rest stop back in 1999?

As for who the killer might be, I think he was probably a young guy who was physically fit. In order for the theory to work he would have had to leave J.B. Beasley's car way over on Herring Avenue in Ozark, AL., then walk back to the rest stop. So that part of the theory is off I know. It is puzzling too why a young person who probably does not have a lot of experience would pick two victims, but maybe he is just that brazen. Or maybe only one of the girls had to use the restroom while the other stayed in the car. So he ended up with two victims?

Based on your research would you agree with this as a theory? I do not mind anyone being critical of my theory. There is no proof. It is just a theory.

Shined Rabbit, I was curious as to what your opinion is of what happened to J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett on the night of July 31, 1999. Where do you think they went after leaving the Big Little gas station that night? Do you think their killer was someone known to them or a stranger? I know you cannot give away a lot of information because of the documentary being released, but since you did all the research and investigation I wanted to ask your opinion.

My theory is the following. Remember my theory is based off of reading numerous new articles, websleuths posts, etc. so I am not trying to spread false information if what some of what I write is wrong. I am not from Alabama. It is just I do not know what is true from fiction. So if I am wrong you correct me.

Before I start I want to say that I do not look at J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett as anything other than two teenage girls. From what I have read on here(and this could be rumor and not fact), when Tracie Hawlett called home she asked her mother if on the way home they could stop to visit two boys in Midland City, AL. The reason I think that is important is because it made me think that if they were going to visit those two boys they certainly did not have enough time to visit anyone else. I already thought they were headed home, but that point just solidified it. And since I now do not think they were lost, and if I think they did not make it to Midland City, AL since I think police would have talked to the boys, I have to think that they stopped someplace on the way back that was open after 11:30 pm., but before Midland City. What places would have been open after 11:30pm on Saturday night, July 31, 1999 along the route that they are supposed to have taken home? The only place I can think of is the rest stop on U.S. 231. Were their surveillance cameras in use at that rest stop back in 1999?

As for who the killer might be, I think he was probably a young guy who was physically fit. In order for the theory to work he would have had to leave J.B. Beasley's car way over on Herring Avenue in Ozark, AL., then walk back to the rest stop. So that part of the theory is off I know. It is puzzling too why a young person who probably does not have a lot of experience would pick two victims, but maybe he is just that brazen. Or maybe only one of the girls had to use the restroom while the other stayed in the car. So he ended up with two victims?

Based on your research would you agree with this as a theory? I do not mind anyone being critical of my theory. There is no proof. It is just a theory.

With the film release coming very soon- I will have to leave my personal theory out of this post, thank you for understanding. I can however clear up the timeline and give you a few of my thoughts.

As for their timeline- yes you are correct, they made the call at 11:38 with the plan to meet their 2 guy friends at the shell station in Midland City. Tracie asked her Mom permission to stop, and her Mom agreed it would be ok, just for a few minutes.
But- Tracie also knew her Mom would go to sleep as soon as she hung up the phone- that she would get home not too late but she wouldn’t worry too much because her parents would be asleep. They were trying to reach the boys by midnight, and wanted to get their quickly- thus why they asked Ms Merritt the “quickest way to 231”.
IMO- The girls wouldn’t have stopped at a rest stop, the restroom at the big little store was outside and should have been open at the time they were there, it doesn’t make sense that they would leave without using the bathrooms at the store so they could hurry to Midland City to meet friends- to then stop at a rest stop on the way which is only a 15 mi/ 20 min drive. Also, J.B. was a cautious and street smart girl, I doubt she would feel comfortable stopping a a rest stop in the middle of nowhere at midnight.

The boys waited a while after midnight but left when the girls didn’t show up. They should have made it from the big little to Midland Ciry in 20 mins, logic suggests that they were followed and stopped somehow- as soon as they left the store. How and by who is the major question.

As far as it being random or planned- to me, logically thinking- they left the house for less than 2 hours and were executed. I don’t see how they could have come in contact with so much trouble between 11:38 and midnight that would get them randomly murdered. Especially when they had so much interaction with so many teenagers that night- and no one mentioned they were in fear of their life. Also where their bodies were found was just around the corner from the store- it was arguably the closest dump site, quiet and dark with no traffic.

@CoolJ I have thought of having a screening for you all -for a long time, just couldn’t come up with a way to give you access. I do appreciate all of you and have read everything you all have ever written on this page. I know the families both appreciate your diligence to this case.

I will let you know a release date very soon.

With the film release coming very soon- I will have to leave my personal theory out of this post, thank you for understanding. I can however clear up the timeline and give you a few of my thoughts.

As for their timeline- yes you are correct, they made the call at 11:38 with the plan to meet their 2 guy friends at the shell station in Midland City. Tracie asked her Mom permission to stop, and her Mom agreed ......

Snipped by for length

Thank you, ShinedRabbit! You have been more than generous with your time and information.

As for their timeline- yes you are correct, they made the call at 11:38 with the plan to meet their 2 guy friends at the shell station in Midland City. Tracie asked her Mom permission to stop, and her Mom agreed it would be ok, just for a few minutes.
But- Tracie also knew her Mom would go to sleep as soon as she hung up the phone- that she would get home not too late but she wouldn’t worry too much because her parents would be asleep. They were trying to reach the boys by midnight, and wanted to get their quickly- thus why they asked Ms Merritt the “quickest way to 231”.
IMO- The girls wouldn’t have stopped at a rest stop, the restroom at the big little store was outside and should have been open at the time they were there, it doesn’t make sense that they would leave without using the bathrooms at the store so they could hurry to Midland City to meet friends- to then stop at a rest stop on the way which is only a 15 mi/ 20 min drive. Also, J.B. was a cautious and street smart girl, I doubt she would feel comfortable stopping a a rest stop in the middle of nowhere at midnight.

The boys waited a while after midnight but left when the girls didn’t show up. They should have made it from the big little to Midland Ciry in 20 mins, logic suggests that they were followed and stopped somehow- as soon as they left the store. How and by who is the major question.

As far as it being random or planned- to me, logically thinking- they left the house for less than 2 hours and were executed. I don’t see how they could have come in contact with so much trouble between 11:38 and midnight that would get them randomly murdered. Especially when they had so much interaction with so many teenagers that night- and no one mentioned they were in fear of their life. Also where their bodies were found was just around the corner from the store- it was arguably the closest dump site, quiet and dark with no traffic.

@CoolJ I have thought of having a screening for you all -for a long time, just couldn’t come up with a way to give you access. I do appreciate all of you and have read everything you all have ever written on this page. I know the families both appreciate your diligence to this case.

I will let you know a release date very soon.

The way in which you present the timeline really gave me a sense of clarity and helped to confirm some thoughts I had about this case.

The timeline is just so tight.

Where does the Bookie meeting fit into the timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste