AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TJtennispro

The quote below that you posted 3/6/19 has been weighing on me ever since I first read it a few weeks ago. Perhaps it was because in the back of my mind, I wondered all along if it was someone close, someone we all knew. Many of us have had that same thought, and I spent yesterday hoping that when the name was released, that it wouldn’t be someone we knew, or someone we grew up with, or someone who an upperclassman could have led authorities to years ago...
I have always been open-minded to the various theories we have heard since 1999. And like for so many others, the news of this arrest has led to more rumors and doubts. So, my question for you is: after hearing of this arrest, do you still believe what you were told by the 2 Auburn friends? The 2 Auburn girls you mention would have been in the grade or two above me, as I was in J.B. and Tracie’s class (2000) at Northview, and then I was a year behind you at Auburn. (Class of 2004). Also a tennis player myself in those years, but certainly not college level or pro.

“I was a freshman at Auburn in 1999 and I’ve been talking with 2 girls (Auburn friends) that went to school with these girls. Maybe y’all should try talking to kids in the grade or two above.

These kids know what happened.”

Feb 16, 2019

Coley McCraney: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Mar 17, 2019

"....Here’s what you need to know about Coley McCraney and the cold case murders of J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett:..."

Coley McCraney: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

jb-beasley-tracie-hawlett.jpg

(JB Beasley and Tracie Haweltt)

He has no record so this might have been his only crime. Jmo
From what I've been able to find it appears CM joined the Air Force right after high school, did 4yrs. Then came back continued to live in ozark until right after the murders. Looks like he either married or began living with his now wife in 2000 or 2001
Interestingly, he apparently refused to take a DNA test over a paternity suit. He was also a truck driver for a time, though the dates are not clear.

I just messaged WDHN - DOTHAN to ask if they were airing the press conference live online. The response was "Yes!".

My guess is you should try their Facebook page, since that's where I messaged them at. FYI

Just an observation anyone else notice when the Chief was ask did Coley confess their was a slight grin .... but refrained from answering that question. He also would not say what the motive was their getting there was the statement.

As many of us have gathered it would be tight lipped ..... till trial

Just an observation anyone else notice when the Chief was ask did Coley confess their was a slight grin .... but refrained from answering that question. He also would not say what the motive was their getting there was the statement.

As many of us have gathered it would be tight lipped ..... till trial

Noticed it... but conflicted because of the death penalty question. Typically... a confession works in conjunction with that being pulled off the table. But he could have confessed prior to lawyering-up... but who knows. I'm just hoping for a complete and thorough investigation to be done properly. We've waited a long time... I'm okay not knowing details yet if it ensures a proper and fair investigation and trial. It needs to be done correctly. Cautiously and anxiously awaiting... we'll see.

Noticed it... but conflicted because of the death penalty question. Typically... a confession works in conjunction with that being pulled off the table. But he could have confessed prior to lawyering-up... but who knows. I'm just hoping for a complete and thorough investigation to be done properly. We've waited a long time... I'm okay not knowing details yet if it ensures a proper and fair investigation and trial. It needs to be done correctly. Cautiously and anxiously awaiting... we'll see.

True a bargaining tool to lower the charges ... was on a criminal case (juror) last year it would have been a life conviction if found guilty he plea bargained the day going into trial he got 50 years. Plea bargaining and accepting a lower charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member