AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder how J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett ended up all the way up in Ozark, AL if after they stopped at the Headland, AL BP (now Citgo) gas station they then decided to get directions to Midland City, AL? The geography and psychology aspect of the case is very interesting.

Do you think they got lost after leaving the Headland, AL BP(now Citgo) gas station the night of July 31, 1999?

I found some articles that I linked down below to describe why I ask the question. I am not stating for a fact that J.B. Beasley was lost driving that night. Maybe she was not lost? In my opinion, I think she was lost. But somehow she made it to the party in Skipperville, AL northeast of Ozark, AL where she and Tracie were spotted by others. And then from there they ended up at the Big Little gas station in Ozark, AL where they were spotted by Ms. Merrit and her daughter.

uxpamagazine.org/geographic-orientation-disorientation-getting-lost-and-getting-found-in-real-and-information-spaces/

Opinion | ‘Lost Every Day’

In ozark JB was not lost. She was in dance that led her to ozark several times. The dance school was literally across the street from the courthouse. She asked Merritt "what is the quickest way to dothan" key word there quickest. Not how to get to dothan. I also know that Tracy's mother worked at K-Mart in ozark. So Tracy also to a point familiar with ozark

I still wonder how J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett ended up all the way up in Ozark, AL if after they stopped at the Headland, AL BP (now Citgo) gas station they then decided to get directions to Midland City, AL? The geography and psychology aspect of the case is very interesting.

Do you think they got lost after leaving the Headland, AL BP(now Citgo) gas station the night of July 31, 1999?

I found some articles that I linked down below to describe why I ask the question. I am not stating for a fact that J.B. Beasley was lost driving that night. Maybe she was not lost? In my opinion, I think she was lost. But somehow she made it to the party in Skipperville, AL northeast of Ozark, AL where she and Tracie were spotted by others. And then from there they ended up at the Big Little gas station in Ozark, AL where they were spotted by Ms. Merrit and her daughter.

uxpamagazine.org/geographic-orientation-disorientation-getting-lost-and-getting-found-in-real-and-information-spaces/

Opinion | ‘Lost Every Day’
I suspect like many Dothanites my experience of Ozark was for the most approaching it from US 231. It would be easy to get turned around and wind up just about anywhere. from the eastern fringes of Ozark the route to Dothan would not be as obvious from the more familiar 231 area.

I suspect like many Dothanites my experience of Ozark was for the most approaching it from US 231. It would be easy to get turned around and wind up just about anywhere. from the eastern fringes of Ozark the route to Dothan would not be as obvious from the more familiar 231 area.

JB was never lost, at least not in Ozark, it's been proven by family.

I have to say after looking at the map these are the best directions to a place I have ever seen(especially if this was done by someone in high school). They are so detail oriented.

She(in my opinion) has a very good visual map to remember all that from memory. Whoever the person was who wrote up these directions, I think that person would make a very good geographer.

At first I couldn't find the spot because the directions are inaccurate. 99 at Tumbleton goes North. It was confusing. Then I thought like a teen or early twenty-something (probably the author of the map) in the pre-satellite era of 1999. I think I found it at 31.434230, -85.127547

At first I couldn't find the spot because the directions are inaccurate. 99 at Tumbleton goes North. It was confusing. Then I thought like a teen or early twenty-something (probably the author of the map) in the pre-satellite era of 1999. I think I found it at 31.434230, -85.127547

I agree. Still to remember all that from memory is very good. But yes, I would have followed 99 north because the map does not distinguish it from 26 which it looks like what the map drawer meant for her to follow. And at night going "straight" would have put her on 99 north.

Others have written they decided to change their plans at the Headland gas station and go to Midland City, AL and did not attempt the napkin directions since the Headland gas station is at the start of the directions. So what to believe? Inaccurate information is hard to follow.

JB was not lost, her sister has also stated this on this form

I’m from Dothan and I remember when this happened. I was a pre-teen and my cousin was about the same age as the girls. I’ve done a lot of research on the case and it has always completely puzzled me. Something about this arrest does not sit right with me at all. I guess it’s too soon to really tell, but I just don’t feel right about it.

JB was not lost, her sister has also stated this on this form

I was not trying to imply the she was lost. I was just looking for the party spot and could not find it because of inaccurate directions (99 does not intersect 95) until I thought like the mapmaker. Quite the contrary, based on what I've read, I don't think that they were ever lost and the places they went to and the roads they took were deliberate.

I was not trying to imply the she was lost. I was just looking for the party spot and could not find it because of inaccurate directions (99 does not intersect 95) until I thought like the mapmaker. Quite the contrary, based on what I've read, I don't think that they were ever lost and the places they went to and the roads they took were deliberate.

I think at that point they just gave up finding the party and decided to head home. Jmo

I’m from Dothan and I remember when this happened. I was a pre-teen and my cousin was about the same age as the girls. I’ve done a lot of research on the case and it has always completely puzzled me. Something about this arrest does not sit right with me at all. I guess it’s too soon to really tell, but I just don’t feel right about it.

They have CM's DNA. 99.9 percent sure they have the right guy.

They have CM's DNA. 99.9 percent sure they have the right guy.
Only time will tell. I’ve always thought this was a cover up job and there were several theories as to why early on in the case, but I could be wrong. We have to see what this DNA is and where it came from. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I’m sure there are many things that we don’t know about in this case as usual in cold cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbqchickenrobot