AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@rsanders27

1. The Merritts were on their way home and stopped there to get a drink. The store had lights on inside just not all, so easy to overlook. I do remember there being soda machines outside.

2. It was a white pickup and they did find the owner (in 2005 I think) They were working with the railroad from out of to.

3. Barrintine killed his own credibility, with his multiple stories and trying to insert himself in the the investigation. IMO he waste a lot of the PD's crucial time in the beginning.
There was never a drink machine outside this particular store my mom has lived behind it since 1976

Attachments

• biglittle.jpg
    biglittle.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 20
I think I saw the same video you saw of J.B. Beasley's sister, and I do not doubt she knows what she is talking about. In fact, I changed my theory about the case after seeing the video to the idea that the girls made it out of town and were probably kidnapped at the only place I could see them stopping before Midland City, AL, the rest stop on 231.

But I just think if you are a good investigator you examine all possibilities no matter how remote they may be and even if the family members do not agree with you. So the suspect lived on Lisenby Drive in the summer of 1999. That is right off of 27(Broad or Andrews street), I cannot remember since it looks like it changes names right in that area.

How in a black car at night did the suspect in the case come into contact with J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett? And where? Maybe they did know him and decided to stop by on the way out of town? I know that seems unlikely, but who knows.

It is probably going to be a while before there is an answer to that main question.
The sister has since came out and said they didnt know their way around Ozark, so what changed her mind??? I attached the location of lisenby dr

Attachments

• lisenby dr.jpg
    lisenby dr.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 13
The sister has since came out and said they didnt know their way around Ozark, so what changed her mind??? I attached the location of lisenby dr

Ok, so it turns out that maybe I am not as smart at map interpretation as I thought before. Who could have predicted there would be 2 Lisenby Drives in Ozark, AL? So this Lisenby Drive is actually a section of Patterson Avenue off of what looks to be an alley like one way section of Carrol Avenue. None of it makes any sense in terms of where the girls were driving that night. It does however make a lot more sense considering where J.B. Beasley's car was found on Herring Avenue.

I am still trying to figure out if J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett were lost that night. I think they were not lost, then lost, then not lost, then maybe lost or not lost.

Thank you for the information. When you do not live in a particular place, streets can be confusing.

Ok, so it turns out that maybe I am not as smart at map interpretation as I thought before. Who could have predicted there would be 2 Lisenby Drives in Ozark, AL? So this Lisenby Drive is actually a section of Patterson Avenue off of what looks to be an alley like one way section of Carrol Avenue. None of it makes any sense in terms of where the girls were driving that night. It does however make a lot more sense considering where J.B. Beasley's car was found on Herring Avenue.

I am still trying to figure out if J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett were lost that night. I think they were not lost, then lost, then not lost, then maybe lost or not lost.

Thank you for the information. When you do not live in a particular place, streets can be confusing.
There's a Ed Lisenby and Lisenby this is extremely close to Herring Ave!!! I am from Ozark and my mom lives behind the Store they stopped at and these girls were found with in walking distance to my grand mothers house..It rocked us all to the core!!

Jb Never lived in Ozark according to her family. She was born in Troy and moved to Dothan when she was 4 and lived there until she died and Tracie lived there all her life

You are correct I believe. Only casual, local connections to Ozark from my research. Her mother did live there in the mid-late 70’s while she was in high school.

You are correct I believe. Only casual, local connections to Ozark from my research. Her mother did live there in the mid-late 70’s while she was in high school.
I recently saw that the drivers license being on the dash was a rumor and not true, have you heard that??

WOW..I think that was one of the main reasons people thought it was LE was involved!

There were/are a lot of bones (no pun intended) thrown out there. I am sure it has been quite a challenge for law enforcement to keep the investigation facts close to the chest in order to maintain case integrity while being bombarded with accusations for years. I have to admire them for their fortitude.

I am not a leash dog for the police or even the rest of the government for that matter. But I am of the opinion that the perseverance of L.E. As well as the family is to be commended and more.

There were/are a lot of bones (no pun intended) thrown out there. I am sure it has been quite a challenge for law enforcement to keep the investigation facts close to the chest in order to maintain case integrity while being bombarded with accusations for years. I have to admire them for their fortitude.

I am not a leash dog for the police or even the rest of the government for that matter. But I am of the opinion that the perseverance of L.E. As well as the family is to be commended and more.

I couldn't agree more.

I still do not understand this case because of the logistical aspect of the vehicles involved unless the murderer was on foot?

It is easy to say that the suspect parked the car on Herring Avenue and then walked back to his home on Lisenby Drive(the Lisenby Drive off of Patterson not the Ed Lisenby Drive off of SR 27).
But where was his own vehicle at during this time if he was driving J. B. Beasley's car?

Season 1 Episode 2 of 3 Men and a Mystery True Crime podcast out now. In this episode, we explore the crime scene evidence & clues in the 1999 murders of Tracie Hawlett & J.B. Beasley in Ozark Alabama. Listen anywhere you listen to podcasts

The fact that it was actual intercourse that took place certainly raises a lot of issues, for example how one of the victims was subdued while the other was raped. could one of them have been shot before the other was attacked? Could one or both of them have made a break for it, causing the wet pants legs? Could there have been two assailants, one committing the rape and driving the victims car while the other drove a getaway vehicle? The case seems to get more involved as time goes by. Looks like LE may pursue a strategy of releasing more info to counter the attempt by the defense to create sympathy for the suspect. my guess is that they are probably still holding a lot back.

Season 1 Episode 2 of 3 Men and a Mystery True Crime podcast out now. In this episode, we explore the crime scene evidence & clues in the 1999 murders of Tracie Hawlett & J.B. Beasley in Ozark Alabama. Listen anywhere you listen to podcasts

Morf, when was this episode recorded???

In the 3 Men and a Mystery podcast, it will be interesting to hear where they think J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett ended up running into their killer. I cannot figure it out.

I guess it could be as simple as they stopped to ask directions and they allowed the guy to get into the backseat to direct them to the location or street they were looking for. Or maybe they stopped at Walmart and the guy approached them in the parking lot?

If the Haunting Evidence show pictures are real of Tracie Hawlett's white shoes, I have not been able to duplicate that mud pattern. I was so curious about the mud in the case that I looked at videos and pictures and have not seen anything like it. There are so many types of mud. My conclusion is not scientific, but the mud on Tracie Hawlett's white shoes looks like splash mud, like water with debris in it.

At the rest stop on 231, there is supposedly a place for campers to drain dirty water. I think that is the one question I would like to see answered in this case: Where did J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett come into contact with their killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member