AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge delays bond hearing for Coley McCraney

OZARK, Ala. (WSFA) - It’s a waiting game for Coley McCraney. Wednesday, a judge delayed his bond hearing in a 20-year-old capital murder case.
[.....]
This was about a two-and-a-half hour long hearing. The state didn’t bring any witnesses but the defense brought several - one of the more shocking being JB Beasley’s father, Hilton Beasley.

McCraney hoped to set the tone for his hearing as he entered the courthouse saying, “No I didn’t!”
[.....]
There was no word from the judge on when he will make his final ruling.

and of course - no future court date in article. I have Grand Jury on 6/6 though. I'll keep an eye out on the court site - as it just shows a week in advance, unless someone here sees one - please post!

Thursday, 6/6/19:
Case Number Time Name Judge: W. STANLEY GARNER, JR
26-DC-2019-000216.0 09:00 AM MCCRANEY COLEY LEWIS
26-DC-2019-000217.0 09:00 AM MCCRANEY COLEY LEWIS
26-DC-2019-000218.0 09:00 AM MCCRANEY COLEY LEWIS
26-DC-2019-000219.0 09:00 AM MCCRANEY COLEY LEWIS
26-DC-2019-000220.0 09:00 AM MCCRANEY COLEY LEWIS

link: AlacourtACCESS

Wondering if anyone remembers details, or has an article or other info in this case about a theory that the killer was left handed?? Does that ring any bells?

No information on that but I find it interesting that JB’s own father doesn’t think this guy did it.

I would like to know who he gets the theory from. I have a vague idea, but I am waiting for it come out in the open. He had mentioned on an interview he had “advisors” that had advised him it was multiple perpetrators most likely.
During the the bond hearing he mentioned that he wasn’t sure of the involvement, or reason but it could be drug cartels.
(Drug cartels don’t leave this much of a scene to be easily found. Known fact smh).

The remainder of both girls families must be livid. I don’t blame them.

The defense jumped onto that quickly as would be expected. More surprises to come in the future rest assured.

Wondering if anyone remembers details, or has an article or other info in this case about a theory that the killer was left handed?? Does that ring any bells?
No.

I would like to know who he gets the theory from. I have a vague idea, but I am waiting for it come out in the open. He had mentioned on an interview he had “advisors” that had advised him it was multiple perpetrators most likely.
During the the bond hearing he mentioned that he wasn’t sure of the involvement, or reason but it could be drug cartels.
(Drug cartels don’t leave this much of a scene to be easily found. Known fact smh).

The remainder of both girls families must be livid. I don’t blame them.

The defense jumped onto that quickly as would be expected. More surprises to come in the future rest assured.

First I would like to say, i put no stock into JB's dad's theory. It IMO sounds more like and old man being taken advantage of by a shoty investigator (and I use that term loosely) who is trying to make a name for himself. Drug Cartels in Ozark that's hilarious and drug dealers yes cartels no

That was very interesting but most we already knew so it wasn't the shock and awe moment that I expected. The only real "questionable" piece is the sweater... but I'm thinking that it wasn't something she was wearing (due to it being july) more of something in the car, that was probably used to wipe off with (have you seen the inside of a 17yrs old girls car) which would mean that it would've never been sent to autopsy with her, it would have been collected with other evidence and sent to be tested later.

JMHO though

There were some pieces of paper found in possession of the girls with names and numbers of some boys on them. I would assume police checked those guys out closely. Just curious if anyone here knows the boys listed?

First I would like to say, i put no stock into JB's dad's theory. It IMO sounds more like and old man being taken advantage of by a shoty investigator (and I use that term loosely) who is trying to make a name for himself. Drug Cartels in Ozark that's hilarious and drug dealers yes cartels no

That was very interesting but most we already knew so it wasn't the shock and awe moment that I expected. The only real "questionable" piece is the sweater... but I'm thinking that it wasn't something she was wearing (due to it being july) more of something in the car, that was probably used to wipe off with (have you seen the inside of a 17yrs old girls car) which would mean that it would've never been sent to autopsy with her, it would have been collected with other evidence and sent to be tested later.

JMHO though

Sweater and blouse could be one and the same.

The exhibit list and the witnesses testimony at the bond hearing is not the totality of the case. There will be additional evidence/testimony not known until the trial phase occurs.

It is interesting that a current OPD investigator gave testimony, but the former Chief (Spivey) and former lead investigator (Tipton) did not.
Why? Because the D.A. Did not need them prematurely and wants to avoid a cross examination this early in the case

Voir Dire is a minefield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member