AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
McCraney gag order hearing scheduled Friday has been postponed

Jul 11, 2019

"Dothan (WTVY)-- A Friday hearing seeking a gag order in the high profile murder case against Coley McCraney will be delayed.

Dale County District Attorney, Kirke Adams, confirmed the postponement....

The gag order hearing has been rescheduled for August 8."

McCraney gag order hearing scheduled Friday has been postponed

There is another John Lordan video re. this case on Utube from the defence perspective. I have not watched it all and I have been MIA here, as my dear husband recently passed away from an illness and I have been devastated.

Andreee!
animated-smileys-hug-005.gif

So sorry to hear about your husband. I know "how" that feels.... :(

There is another John Lordan video re. this case on Utube from the defence perspective. I have not watched it all and I have been MIA here, as my dear husband recently passed away from an illness and I have been devastated.
Andreee I am so sorry to read about your husband's passing. You will be in my prayers. *hugs*

Andreee!
animated-smileys-hug-005.gif

So sorry to hear about your husband. I know "how" that feels.... :(
Thank you very much, it feels terrible. But I am starting to come back online to sites like this, as it helps take my mind off my grief, even if its just for awhile. I will have to catch up on this case and watch John Lordan's latest video.

So sorry for your husband's passing , I will pray for you and your family, glad to see you are back here !
Sorry for your loss
Thank you so much, and to all others who expressed their condolences. I realize it is 'off topic' but I think an exception can be made for once. I appreciate you peeps!

Media organizations fire back at motion in McCraney case

Jul 17, 2019

"OZARK, Ala. (WDHN) — Four different media organizations have issued a response to a claim that they have no legal standing to intervene in the pre-trial publicity hearing in the Coley McCraney case.

The response, signed by attorney Dennis R. Bailey, states that the prosecution’s claim that the media’s right to intervene is irrelevant in criminal cases is challenged by existing common law.

First, the media’s intervention is not related to the criminal element of McCraney’s trial, which deals with the deaths of teenagers J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett.

“The relief sought involves the protection of First Amendment civil rights of the press and public to attend criminal proceedings, as well as, under the protection of Art. 1, § 13 of the Alabama Constitution,” Bailey wrote...."

Media organizations fire back at motion in McCraney case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member