GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it possible that McCraney might have seen them out at a field party on previous occasions and knew who they were?? When I was the girl's age out at partys, it was not unlikely that older people were out there too. Like in their early 2o's or so.

That is one of the theories that have been brought forward as to how he had gained control of them. He may have seen them at a field party and they had been to a field party that evening. Also, he may have seen them at the Big/Little Store when they were making their phone calls or simply seen them in town (Ozark) at an intersection and walked in front of their car and brandished his firearm. Like most of us here, I would like to know the full story from top to bottom on how it all went down. But, unless he comes clean, sadly we will probably never know.

Last edited:
**Bumping
b0224.gif

I assume that we still do not have a confirmed trial date .. dug back a couple of pages the last I can tell a motion was filed to postpone due to COVID.

Last edited:
**Bumping
b0224.gif

I assume that we still do not have a confirmed trial date .. dug back a couple of pages the last I can tell a motion was filed to postpone due to COVID.

I look up this case every week - and nothing has come up since the last date I have him under - 11/16/20 for his postponed trial.

The court site just shows what is happening for the week - and I have a whole list of Alabama cases that I look up that way. I don't believe I have missed any of his court dates - but then again - I might have. There is no way to look up a specific person in the court site that I go to.

I have looked thru 6/16/21.... nothing so far.

I look up this case every week - and nothing has come up since the last date I have him under - 11/16/20 for his postponed trial.

The court site just shows what is happening for the week - and I have a whole list of Alabama cases that I look up that way. I don't believe I have missed any of his court dates - but then again - I might have. There is no way to look up a specific person in the court site that I go to.

Thank you !

Thank you! I had just been wondering what was going on with this chillingly horrific case, and voila! Good that someone here is keeping track of it.

I'm hoping(haven't checked) that there were different personnel in OPD in 90. Also, Harrison , no matter what he claims or how much smoke and mirrors he throws up, did not solve the case. That poor man would be on trial now if it weren't for an informant.
Many of the personnel at OPD are different. It’s been a good thing.

Just have to throw this out that the big possibility of a prior physical relationship that day could account for the DNA and that asking a black man about a connection to 2 dead white girls could possibly elicit denial of knowing them.
I don't believe and many here have expressed the same opinion that there is not a big possibility of a prior physical relationship before that day or a consensual one on that day .

We ALL want him to have just that. Should this be a death penalty trial and he be found guilty there will be an automatic appeal. All of us want all the Ts crossed and all the Is dotted. If he is found guilty he has enjoyed a life he took away from others for far too long.

And there is the DNA evidence.

I don't believe and many here have expressed the same opinion that there is not a big possibility of a prior physical relationship before that day or a consensual one on that day .
Maybe not. I live in Ozark (45 years) so there is always whispering. Ijs if they were involved perhaps it would’ve be a little clandestine. someone mentioned maybe he’d seen or met them at a field party. That’s not too far fetched.

Maybe not. I live in Ozark (45 years) so there is always whispering. Ijs if they were involved perhaps it would’ve be a little clandestine. someone mentioned maybe he’d seen or met them at a field party. That’s not too far fetched.
This scenario has been explored on previous threads, and there is no indication or evidence he knew them. In fact, he said he didn't. I don't want to rehash this case again, it is too horrible to do so. I'm just checking in regularly to see if there is anything new re. the upcoming court proceedings.

Last edited:
Just have to throw this out that the big possibility of a prior physical relationship that day could account for the DNA and that asking a black man about a connection to 2 dead white girls could possibly elicit denial of knowing them.

Well, if he now claims he didn't know them, he will not be able to explain away how HIS DNA was found on and in J.B. If he now claims he did previously know her and had a relationship with her, he will have to explain why he initially lied. He can't have it both ways. He will probably go with whichever lie his attorney tells him to. And as Andreee stated above, NO ONE that J.B. knew had any knowledge of her being with him.

And in the south in 1999 or even now would be big race issue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back