GUILTY AL - Jack Girdner, 73, & DeJerinett twins, 9, found murdered, Hope Hull, 3 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They revoked the bond on his robbery charges from before...and his preliminary hearing is scheduled for July 2nd.

"He wants it done before a grand jury so that the other side has an opportunity to see what kind of bare bones evidence we have, we just have to prove probable cause that Mister Lee committed the murders."

Lee's bond in the murder cases is set 3-million dollars.

http://www.waka.com/home/top-storie...e-Murder-Suspect-in-Lowndes-Co-159649295.html

I'd like to know how they determined Lee was a suspect? Have we read that and I missed it?

I don't remember hearing about witnesses or fingerprints or anything.

I know I connected my own idea of the dots, but I'd like to hear the official story if anyone has a link.
:waitasec:

I'd like to know how they determined Lee was a suspect? Have we read that and I missed it?

I don't remember hearing about witnesses or fingerprints or anything.

I know I connected my own idea of the dots, but I'd like to hear the official story if anyone has a link.
:waitasec:

Nada. Not a word..since the arrest of Lee. He's prolly not talking...and LE has a lot of knots to untie in this case, imo. Whatever happened, I hope they get to the bottom of it all...as two little ones were taken. I want to know WHY too. :maddening:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...-sitter?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|p

Three men were arrested Monday after trying to attack a multiple murder suspect inside the Lowndes County Courthouse.

The men apologized for the disturbance, but one of them suggested that he felt provoked.

“(Lee) had a little smirk on his face like he was going to get away with something,” the man said.

Alabama Bureau of Investigation Agent Matt Bowman testified about evidence against Lee.

Bowman cited robbery of the vehicle as the motive in the killings.

The agent also testified during questioning by a defense attorney that Lee did not have a relationship with the mother of the twins.

WVAS Local News
By MelanieHogan

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.ne...card_slideshow/public/201207/photo (11)_2.JPG

Emotions ran high today at the preliminary hearing of triple-murder suspect 22-year-old Deandra Lee. Nearly a dozen members of the Dejerinett family attended the Lowndes County Courthouse. Three uncles of the murdered 9-year-old twins Jordan and Taylor Dejerinett were arrested for charging Lee as he entered the courtroom. The three men were held for contempt of court and will serve one day in the Lowndes County jail. Lee is charged in the shooting deaths of the twins and their 73-year-old caregiver, Jack Mac Girdner.

*sorry - couldn't figure out to get the picture on here

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Suspect-in-Ala-triple-murder-attacked-in-court-3679510.php

The three men threw punches at Deandra Marquis Lee as he arrived in the courtroom at the Lowndes County Courthouse Monday afternoon.

Alabama Bureau of Investigation agent Matt Bowman testified that witnesses had seen Lee driving Girdner's white 1988 Mercedes in Wilcox County before the three bodies were found June 5. He said the witnesses told him they heard Lee say that he had killed the three victims.

Patricia Brooks, paternal aunt of the twins, said Girdner had been advertising to sell his Mercedes and she suspected that was why Lee had called him that day.
....Brooks said she could understand why the three men attacked Lee.

She said Lee looked smug, "as though he had done nothing wrong."

A man and two children are dead - why would anyone smirk? Didn't his lawyer advise him to look solemn? I hope the uncles got in a good lick.

It does raise some questions about the death of the twins' father. And I hate even typing this, but is it known if there was a life insurance policy on the kids themselves? :(

It's crazy you mention that because just the other day I was given some starling news. Some co workers and I were discussing this case and my Supervisor who knows someone VERY close to this case told us that there was a life insurance policy taken on the twins a couple of months before their death. I hope this is just a consequence and I know my Supervisor would have never disclose this info if there wasn't some truth to it. When he told us that I couldn't speak for a while because I didn't want to believe it. Some of my family members were wondering the same thing as soon as this case broke out. I haven't seen much of the mom but it LOOKS like she's doing fine.

Just wondering how old mom is. Twins' father was 51 when he died. That was 2006. If she wasnt dating Mr Girdner, anyone else think she seemed to be resourceful when involved with older gentlemen?

I don't know many men, especially retired whose children and possibly grandkids are already raised, who would take on babysitting a woman's children without some emotional involvement. Most I know are of the "been there done that" mindset, and are enjoying their freedom.

:moo:

Thanks Mahoolin for keeping this case updated!!

Whatever happened in this case? Is there another thread somewhere in a different category (I searched, and can't find anything)...? Any updates appreciated!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2013/12/13/not-only-newtown/
Not only Newtown
Beyond that massacre, 71 young children were killed by deliberate gunfire in 2012

Published on December 13, 2013

In June, nine more children died, including Taylor and Jordan Dejerinett of Montgomery, Ala. The 9-year-old twins were killed with their elderly babysitter when a stranger stopped them and took their car. It took two days to find the twins’ bodies, abandoned on the side of a dirt road. A week passed before police arrested a 22-year-old suspect.

Taylor and Jordan’s uncles were sitting in the front row when Deandra Marquis Lee was brought into the courtroom. He was wearing handcuffs and leg irons, and, as one of the uncles remembered, had a smile on his face.

“That just set me off,” says Alceniour Moorer. “It was like something tore through my body.” Moorer charged the man, followed by his brothers. “You’re gonna die,” one of them screamed.

Deputies grabbed the three uncles and held them overnight in a jail cell to calm them down. In the morning they were released, but their anger remains. “I know God said you are supposed to forgive,” Moorer says of Lee, who was eventually charged with murder. “I can’t.”

Sadly, due to the length of this article, I'm able to post the section on Jordan & Taylor DeJerinett completely. This is a lengthy article that I can't read completely at one sitting.

I had completely forgotten about this case. I'll be watching for the trial in spring. What a loser, killing kids and an elderly man. I hope he gets his just deserves.

Trial in triple homicide in Lowndes County delayed
Posted: Apr 06, 2014 4:35 AM CST
Lowndes County Circuit Court Judge Terri Bozeman Lovell postponed the capital murder of Deandra Marquis Lee until Oct. 13 at the request of his defense lawyers. The attorneys said they needed more time to prepare for trial.

Lee has pleaded not guilty in the 2012 shooting deaths of 9-year-old twins Jordan and Taylor Dejerinett of Montgomery and 73-year-old Jack Mac Girdner of Hope Hull, who was caring for the twins.

I'm going to move this to awaiting trials.

This is such a sad case. :(

Salem

Bumping. Everybody stay tuned. October. Two babies and an elderly man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back